Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kirbysuperstar posted:

No, also don't solo Eureka.

I'm gonna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I was curious how bad the XP loss was, so instead of calling for a res when I died at level 7 I just released because, hey, it's level 7, how bad could it be?

The total to level from 7 to 8 is about 46k.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zil posted:

I'm gonna.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I saw someone riding a mount that was just a giant floating dandelion.

How do I get this!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

How do I get this!

If you don't already have a crafter class at level 50, i have bad news for you...

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Eltoasto posted:

How do I get this!

Moogle (crafting only) beast tribes

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Good news is moogle quests are the easiest way to level crafters from 50/60 and lets you skip the worst part of crafting design.

If you don’t want crafters though...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Checks out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That's cool, I will eventually get around to leveling crafting. Just glad it isn't some seasonal item from 3 years ago.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

How do I get this!

a bigger hellgrind than eureka

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Axle_Stukov posted:

He has Spike Flail.

Eureka is... OK

Eureka redeemed.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I am hearing that Fafnir drops boots that actually increase your running speed.

Journeyman Boots. In 2018. (just in city states, though)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I remember MCH being harder and less fun than this

Still not sure what the point of flamethrower is, though, I guess a backup if the heat CD is down.

What’s my aoe? Just spread shot?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

I remember MCH being harder and less fun than this

Still not sure what the point of flamethrower is, though, I guess a backup if the heat CD is down.

What’s my aoe? Just spread shot?

Flamethrower is your "put me in overheat right the heck now" button. Use it to go from 0-100 in a few seconds, or to quickly nudge you into overheat when all your Wildfire stuff lines up. Also it's fun to just whip it out in town.

Spread Shot is your AoE, and you also have your bishop turret.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh right i forgot about overheat, i thought i forgot something

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Well they did it. Eureka is so bad I cancelled my sub. 20k lost exp will do that I suppose.

Yes, I realize that is like two nm's worth. But it's beyond insulting that exp loss is even a thing in tyool of 2018 and it has triggered primal angry feelings developed back when I played EQ and FF11.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I should try tanking too, but I can't decide between sword-and-board and big fuckoff axe, which are both my aesthetic, and big fuckoff dark sword, which is even more my aesthetic (so I'll be sad when I unlock DRK).

But hey my long-term goal is to level all jobs so...

Last night:

- Unlocked Ramuh trial, wiped once to an adds-related mechanic (apparently you need to stop DPSing Ramuh at 60% and focus on adds?)
- Hoary Boulder is now my new favorite character
- I got into a group of 3 Lalafells and 1 Hyur (me). It was quite funny.
- Unlocked dyes on my Sylph rep. Wow this is kind of a grind (also ugh FATE-related quests)...

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Cythereal posted:

In my defense, here's my character (still in leveling gear).

So I'm not completely bigoted.

Elf club best club. Also repping the Dark Elf sub-club.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

I should try tanking too, but I can't decide between sword-and-board and big fuckoff axe, which are both my aesthetic, and big fuckoff dark sword, which is even more my aesthetic (so I'll be sad when I unlock DRK).

But hey my long-term goal is to level all jobs so...

Last night:

- Unlocked Ramuh trial, wiped once to an adds-related mechanic (apparently you need to stop DPSing Ramuh at 60% and focus on adds?)
- Hoary Boulder is now my new favorite character
- I got into a group of 3 Lalafells and 1 Hyur (me). It was quite funny.
- Unlocked dyes on my Sylph rep. Wow this is kind of a grind (also ugh FATE-related quests)...

Generally if any boss summons adds you need to focus on them pretty much right away. There are some niche cases when not but by and large if you see adds assume they need to go down.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Failboattootoot posted:

Well they did it. Eureka is so bad I cancelled my sub. 20k lost exp will do that I suppose.

Yes, I realize that is like two nm's worth. But it's beyond insulting that exp loss is even a thing in tyool of 2018 and it has triggered primal angry feelings developed back when I played EQ and FF11.

You could just not do Eureka, since the reception has been so bad they'll almost assuredly backpedal and not do anything with it after this one patch

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Verranicus posted:

You could just not do Eureka, since the reception has been so bad they'll almost assuredly backpedal and not do anything with it after this one patch

I mean you're right but I also don't really feel like paying 20 a month (retainers :argh:) just to log on every day and do the small handful of daily activities I do.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

TheHeadSage posted:

what coat is that?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

TheHeadSage posted:

I'm still pissed off that the specific shade of purple on the gambler's trousers isn't a dye in this game. Damnit SE I'm trying to coordinate here. :argh:

Nodosaur posted:

what coat is that?

Gambler's trench from the saucer.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

what coat is that?

Gambler's Trenchcoat, 100k MGP from the Gold Saucer .

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

aaaaaaugh

I'm trying to save for Fenrir...

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there anywhere I can go for a list of content released by patch?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

Is there anywhere I can go for a list of content released by patch?

Gamerescape has category tags that should do that, I think?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

quote:

[0:11](Skullcrusher Mountain) do you have Shirk equipped
[0:11](Elijah Mikaelson) nah

This was in O7S. This got us wiped once, then got us enraged because the melee lost uptime due to the boss going places he shouldn't have.

Don't be this guy. Always bring Shirk if you're the offtank.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Brainamp posted:

I'm still pissed off that the specific shade of purple on the gambler's trousers isn't a dye in this game. Damnit SE I'm trying to coordinate here. :argh:

God yes I would love to have that shade of purple.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Windows 10 is killing me. I haven't been able to get the DS4 working the way I want it to, so I'll have to load a basic, featureless driver for it to work at all.

It's odd how I prefer WASD for so many things but be completely dependent on controllers to enjoy FFXIV gameplay.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Use DS4Windows. The alternative is to use Steam's DS4 driver stack built into Big Picture mode.

Otherwise, you will run into problems with the L2/R2 triggers registering at -1 when unpressed, and +1 at full engagement, when it should be at 0 naturally, and +1 and full engagement.

Do not let my bashing my head against Windows in order to get my DS4 working for Proximity To Fruit working be in vain!

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 14, 2018

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

[1:30]You attain elemental level 13!

:shepicide:

I still don't have the loving T-Rex mount, but I have literally everything else from lockboxes

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
DS4Windows and previously InputMapper were my go to solutions.

The problem is how difficult it is to get into Exclusive Mode.

I hate having Steam up because it tries to force my right thumbstick into a mouse emulator, and even when I close all instances DS4Win and Input Mapper will tell me something is interfering with "hiding" the controller/ engaging exclusive mode (I haven't tried switching from BT to USB)

There are work arounds which worked in the past: disabling and re-enabling the relevant HID drivers in control panel, or installing a patch attempting to implement that fix for me. Since I installed the Fall Creator's Content patch (which feels every day like my biggest mistake) it became very rare for these to work.

Edit: SCT is supposed to work for me, but I'll lose the touchpad and my neon pink glow, but it'll be worth it to play FFXIV again.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 16, 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eureka is kinda fun, but the tutorial needs to explain that you need a critical mass of people on the NM train and there is a 2 drink minimum.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I thought it was "take a shot after every NM kill"

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bell_ posted:

DS4Windows and previously InputMapper were my go to solutions.

The problem is how difficult it is to get into Exclusive Mode.

I hate having Steam up because it tries to force my right thumbstick into a mouse emulator, and even when I close all instances DS4Win and Input Mapper will tell me something is interfering with "hiding" the controller/ engaging exclusive mode (I haven't tried switching from BT to USB)

There are work arounds which worked in the past: disabling and re-enabling the relevant HID drivers in control panel, or installing a patch attempting to implement that fix for me. Since I installed the Fall Creator's Content patch (which feels every day like my biggest mistake) it became very rare for these to work.

Edit: SCT is supposed to work for me, but I'll lose the touchpad and my neon pink glow, but it'll be worth it to play FFXIV again.

SCP Toolkit has been my go-to for using my gamepads on PC for a while now, and it works fine with FFXIV.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Emergency maintenance for a few hours. Real emergency too, only like a 2 minute warning. Guess I'm not finishing leveling White Mage tonight.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah, the emergency is that NMs are being killed too fast, somebody didn't carry a decimal point. :v:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
How many people would I need to clear Coil nowadays? I'm trying to do content in order of release for reasons, and I'm fast approaching the point where I'd access Coil 1-4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Verranicus posted:

How many people would I need to clear Coil nowadays? I'm trying to do content in order of release for reasons, and I'm fast approaching the point where I'd access Coil 1-4.

Unsynced? 2 people for the whole thing, but much of it solo.