Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I would try to forget that phone call ever happened, pretend she's still dead, and pray she never returns to the US.

What could possibly go wrong?

your new girlfriend loves Rent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

pidan posted:

Does this guy know that SE Asia and South Asia are different places? What on earth did they send him in place of his wife's ashes? How much of a dick does he have to be for his wife to just abandon her two small children? Will he have to pay that money back? I'd watch that movie.

Are you seriously defending the woman who dumped her kids and pretended to be dead here?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Caganer posted:

i regret that because weed is cool and good, just don't do bad drugs like meth, heroin, or bud light
bud light is the lacroix of the beer world.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My exboyfriend [31M] left me [21F] for someone else two weeks ago, will he ever regret it

Last March i met a 31 year old guy at work (Jonah). He was extremely funny and that caused me to instantly engage talking to him. We went from talking at work three days a week to him asking me for my number.

I eventually asked him out ,we went to the movies, and ever since then we hit it off. He was so kind and sweet to me and he was the only one at work that even talked to me. We went on dates every week. And each date got better! After a few months of knowing this guy i realized that he had just got out of a relationship and he struggled financially. There were some pints in time where i would give him money ($5,$10,$15) to get him through the week. I have him gas money a few times and bought him food at least a hundred times.

Sometimes i would randomly bring him food to work and sometimes i would fix him a plate of what my mom made and bring it to him etc .. basically i made sure he ate and he never had to worry about a meal. I admit i spoiled him a lot more than he spoiled me. All last year he wanted to go to this amusement park two cities away so i worked my butt off for a month and surprised him with tickets so we could go together and spend time with each other. He gave me a birthday and Valentine’s Day gift he took me out a few times but that was about it because he didn’t have enough financially.

But that didn’t matter to me because he made up for that with his undivided attention that he gave me. I let my parents meet him my dad didn’t like him at all. He didn’t like his age for starters and he said that he was using me and he didn’t care etc. Even though my dad felt the way that he did i continued seeing him and ending up loosing my virginity to him after being with him 8 months.

After having sex with him nothing changed he still was caring and sweet and very attentive towards me. And he told me that he loved me. The only real problem in our relationship that caused a lot of conversations was that my dad prevented me from doing a lot of things because i still live at home. I have a good job and car but I’m saving to move out so until i move out i have to abide by their rules.

Jonah wanted me to spend the night with him all the time,and i couldn’t my parents wanted me in the house by 10 and they didn’t even like the thought of me being over his house. Jonah wanted me to be over a lot and it was hard because he lived a city away and i was so scared of driving in the interstate and highway so Jonah would pick me up a lot . But two weeks ago my fairytale changed. The 31 year old had became distant and the more he became distant i cling to him. And i felt something wasn’t right at all so after putting pressure on him he told me that a week ago he met someone else.

I was completely livid!! I did all of the wrong things i cried i blew his phone up , i have never seen myself that way my heart was broken! I asked him how could he do this to me , i told him i didn’t mean anything to him, i told him i loved him with all of my heart and just started telling him how much he meant to me but he didn’t care. Ever since he told me that he met someone else i have cried literally everyday sometimes for five minutes sometimes a couple of hours. I have cried over guys before but this guy was just different. I’m trying to keep myself busy with friends ,family, and work but sometimes i catch a tear rolling down my face even while I’m working. Not only was he my lover he became a close friend of mine for a year most of my laughs came from him. I cried on his shoulder told him my fears dreams and secrets and he left me.

TL:DR; I feel like my happiness left and i really need a pick me up. He was my heart and I’m tired of hurting. I don’t regret anything i did or gave him i just want to be happy again. I know I’m so young but i have not felt this way about any other guy like he was apart of my life’s my everything and he took it from me
[/spoiler]

Shoulda listened to your dad, kiddo. But LOL having a 10PM curfew at that age.

Here’s another fun one. See if you can guess the obsessive hobby!

My [26F] husband [30M] and his pokemon card hobby, I feel neglected

Hello everyone, I need advice, english is not my main language so I hope you can understand me and this is gonna be long. We have been 5 years and half together.

My husband and I met through MSN 13 years ago, he is from a neighboor country and he went to met me on 2012, since then we're together, we lived in my country almost two years and then we came to his on 2014. It has not been easy for me because people are so different, I miss my family but I go to visit them once or twice a year. I got anxiety here and I dont know if everything I do is right, always with second thoughts and very insecure.

My husband is so sweet to me, he is so special, I love him with all my heart, he is funny and have so much patience. He is a geek and I'm too, we watch anime, TV shows and movies, so last september I gave him a Pokemon card deck for his birthday because I heard him say that he would love it. Since then he has adquired many cards and little figures, he meets with friends to play weekly and I think is fine since we need to socialize with people, etc.

The thing that bothers me is that he doesnt give me enough attention anymore, our intimacy has been lacking for months, almost no cuddles or sex (ok, I had yeast infection twice in january and february) and actually he comented on the intimacy. I dont feel passion anymore and the sex when we have it is not very satisfactory to me because is quick.

The thing with his hobby is that he takes his cards to the bed and he can be watching them, taking pictures to sell some, watching videos or reading about them for hours almost daily and at the end of the night, when I'm almost falling asleep is when he wants sex. I dont want to take his hobby from him, I think is important that he keeps it but now I feel like his last priority. Last tuesday we talked about spice our sex life a little bit to make it more interesting since wednesday. So wednesday came and I took a shower before he came from work, I shaved my legs and put The perfume that he likes, a gstring to wear and he came, we eat dinner and he took his cards to the bed I said inside my head 'ok maybe this will not take him long', it was 20.00 hrs and the time passed until 22.30. I was really disapointed, I went to my side of the bed and I cried in silence until he heard me and asked me why and I told him that I didnt want to talk.

So yesterday came and he asked me via text message How was I doing and I told him everything that I have said here, he apologized and we agreed to talk at night. We came home together and he started the conversation, he thought that I was unfair, that he had a bad day on wednesday and that I shouldnt matter how much time he spend with his pokemon cards and I told him that I feel neglected, that please count how many hours he spend on his hobby vs me (with no electronics, etc) and that was roughly 2 hours or 3 per week and I was refering to sex, he lost his patience and told me that he didnt want to talk to me.

This morning he left for work without saying goodbye, Im really hurt by this because this has never happened before and Im so hurt by it, I dont know, is this over? Am I being unfair? I think the lack of intimacy is my fault too since I have problems initiating. We have been facing stress because where we live is very insecure and we are tight in money too. Please help.

Tldr: husband and I have been lacking intimacy, stressed over money and insecure city. He plays [spoiler]pokemon cards[/spoilerpokemon] and thats fine but he spends so many hours almost daily reading, watching videos, taking pictures of them that I dont feel like a priority anymore. We argued and he didnt even said goodbye before he left for work, Im hurt by it.
[/quote]

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 16, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
you're going to get your heart broken a few dozen times before it's completely dead and then you can finally work until you die

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Pick posted:

you're going to get your heart broken a few dozen times before it's completely dead and then you can finally work until you die

not if you're the one doing the heart breaking. the best defense is a good offense.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Congrats on being 21, I guess.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Wouldn't he have needed to provide legal documentation of her death? Did her family just photoshop a death certificate or whatever?

I assume it's remarkably easy to forge a foreign death certificate since the home country won;t really know what to look for. Kind of like how it's easy to forge a prescription from one country for use in another 2nd/3rd world country, I've heard.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Gosh, I wonder why the 21 year old virgin with a loving 10 PM curfew was an easy mark for some age gap idiocy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

not if you're the one doing the heart breaking. the best defense is a good offense.

i have accidetally broken a LOT of hearts. it didn't help.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It's crazy how many answers to completely normal break-up posts on reddit are "don't you worry, he/she will come crawling back in no time! he/she will totally regret it" that validate this kind of thinking and prevent the person from actually moving on.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Pick posted:

i have accidetally broken a LOT of hearts. it didn't help.

No, you have to mean it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Palpek posted:

It's crazy how many answers to completely normal break-up posts on reddit are "don't you worry, he/she will come crawling back in no time! he/she will totally regret it" that validate this kind of thinking and prevent the person from actually moving on.

A lot of people give advice hoping it would be what happens to them, as though by saying these they build relationship karma

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
has anyone ever regretted a breakup they instigated??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Pretty sure the guy in charge of O-Rings on the Challenger does

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

hahaha nice

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

kru posted:

Are you seriously defending the woman who dumped her kids and pretended to be dead here?

Considering the average quality of dudes who import a wife from a south east Asian village, I get why she'd fake her own death.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

I've never regretted a breakup at all personally but I married a girl I met in college so I might not be the best example

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barudak posted:

:drat:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Palpek posted:

Telling people poo poo like this is incredibly cruel.

I'm thoroughly amused by age gap dude leaving his girlfriend because she lives like a child, complete with curfews set by her domineering parents.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Barudak posted:

:vince:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

Telling people poo poo like this is incredibly cruel.

I'm thoroughly amused by age gap dude leaving his girlfriend because she lives like a child, complete with curfews set by her domineering parents.

Yeah I'm not even 31 yet and I can't imagine putting up with my girlfriend's parents setting her a curfew at this point in my life

At least she can have drinks at restaurants, poo poo

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Buzkashi posted:

Two really good legaladvices this morning

(MD/SE Asia) I just found out my wife faked her death ~5 years ago. WTF do I do now?!?!

Goddamn I'm gonna have to look this one up, would love to hear how hosed he is on that life insurance money. I mean unless she comes back to the USA he can probably just never bring it up but holy poo poo what a mind gently caress that has to be...especially 5 years later. He's mourned her and tried to move on with his life and then BAM, smacked in the face with that poo poo.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If she does try to come back, he can be like "what no that's not her?? Who would stoop so low to impersonate a dead woman"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ouhei posted:

Goddamn I'm gonna have to look this one up, would love to hear how hosed he is on that life insurance money. I mean unless she comes back to the USA he can probably just never bring it up but holy poo poo what a mind gently caress that has to be...especially 5 years later. He's mourned her and tried to move on with his life and then BAM, smacked in the face with that poo poo.

that reddit post is actually the backstory of Bill from Kill Bill

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Ouhei posted:

can he be charged with murder if she was already dead?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Palpek posted:

Reddit's style of posting economy places an outsized value on telling people what they want to hear (also pop-culture references)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

big trivia FAIL posted:

can he be charged with murder if she was already dead?

Anne Whateley posted:

If she does try to come back, he can be like "what no that's not her?? Who would stoop so low to impersonate a dead woman"

Well she's not going to be able to get another visa I assume? And if she does he can pull out the 'that's not my wife! Mods!' and have her deported.

Best bet is to just sever from the whole family until the kids are 18 and then let them know what happened.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

loquacius posted:

Reddit's style of posting economy places an outsized value on telling people what they want to hear (also pop-culture references)

le bacon, my narwhal :smug:

In a just world, the wife would probably be on the hook for the entirety of the life insurance payout since the husband wasn't in on the deception. This is absolutely nothing like a just world though, so he's probably turbo hosed.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Clark Nova posted:

le bacon, my narwhal :smug:

In a just world, the wife would probably be on the hook for the entirety of the life insurance payout since the husband wasn't in on the deception. This is absolutely nothing like a just world though, so he's probably turbo hosed.

Is the onus on the insurance company to prove a woman in another country is alive or on the husband to prove she's dead?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Outrail posted:

Is the onus on the insurance company to prove a woman in another country is alive or on the husband to prove she's dead?

presumably he had to produce a death certificate to get the money

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Outrail posted:

Whatever he did they accepted as proof, so its on them for letting an insurance policy be placed on Lazarus in the first place.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

He needs to tell the wife that she can never come back to the states or she'll be on the hook for 500k as well.

Outrail posted:

His wife is was a US citizen.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'd guess that now he knows she's alive, he kinda has inform them of the seeming fraud. Running her over in a car as a self-fulfilling prophesy almost seems fair by comparison.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pick posted:

Yes

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm pretty sure there was a wave of stories itt about guys leaving their college sweathearts at 30+ because some random girl started flirting with them only to learn that the girl lost interest the moment they became single and that they're not the dating gods they thought they are. Then they do come crawling back to the girlfriends that since understood that their boyfriends were actually useless fucks and they're not having it.

So yeah, it happens but in some pretty specific situations like a crisis at 30/40 and shouldn't be seen as the default break-up scenario.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Palpek posted:

I'm pretty sure there was a wave of stories itt about guys leaving their college sweathearts at 30+ because some random girl started flirting with them only to learn that the girl lost interest the moment they became single and that they're not the dating gods they thought they are. Then they do come crawling back to the girlfriends that since understood that their boyfriends were actually useless fucks and they're not having it.

So yeah, it happens but in some pretty specific situations like a crisis at 30/40 and shouldn't be seen as the default break-up scenario.

This is always a terrible plan jesus

Like quitting your job before you have a new offer in hand

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Those stories are usually "let's open the relationship!" instead of the dude just leaving outright. And it all happened because he can't tell the difference between someone he works with being friendly (if for no other reason than that they're stuck in a building with him for 40 hours a week) and wanting to gently caress him. Meanwhile his partner now has a younger, hotter guy lined up for every night of the week.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

And anyway, I can't blame someone for running the gently caress away as fast as they can when faced with "Guess what? I left my wife because you said I had a cute butt that one time!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I knew someone who told their spouse they were leaving them for a coworker before they'd even asked the coworker if their feelings were mutual. The coworker had no loving idea about this person's feelings and did not reciprocate in any way, so they had to go crawling back to their spouse that exact same night and they got back together. How do you take someone back, knowing they're only back because they were too stupid to ask the object of their desire ahead of time whether or not they were down to run away together before blowing everything up?

Edit: sometimes I think about that coworker and wonder how they reacted. What to you do when someone approaches you out of the blue and says they've already left their spouse for you? loving awkward