Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I like the turnaround here between last arc and this. Last time he suspected something bad but (was) held back. This time he's going for it. Slightly different circumstances, but an obvious parallel.

My bold prediction is Deku wins, but not until it's down to the wire.

I appreciate that the ridiculous villain (who is great) is probably going to be brought down by an equally ridiculous setup.

My prediction is the Deku wins, but ends up missing the classes performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rhonne posted:

My prediction is the Deku wins, but ends up missing the classes performance.

That would make Eri sad and that's not allowed. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

gmq posted:

The ultimate pyrrhic victory.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

gmq posted:

Dragonatrix posted:

The ultimate pyrrhic victory.

"I'm sorry Deku, I didn't notice you weren't here, I was too busy watching that cool drummer kid."

Alternate prediction: when the class realizes Deku isn't there they dress up one of the other kids as him so Eri won't be sad.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 16, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's just a upside down mop in a uniform.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

That's not Deku! He's a chicken I tell you! A giant chicken!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really hope the official name of La Brava isn't LoveLover.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"Well Ashido and Deku have the same hair, let's just dye it green!"

"What about the horns and pink skin?"

"Ehhh, details."

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Radish posted:

I really hope the official name of La Brava isn't LoveLover.

Weekly Shonen Jump's translation uses La Brava, so this is just Mangastream being Mangastream.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Tiramisu posted:

He already ran into one of his old classmates during the Stain arc.

This went over my head or i'm not remembering something, what happened?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Nonexistence posted:

This went over my head or i'm not remembering something, what happened?

It was either outright stated by Horikoshi or strongly implied that the Noumu with wings was the winged kid Deku and Bakugo hung out with/went to middle school with.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Thinking about it, I could totally see Gentle being defeated and arrested here, only for La Brava to escape and vow revenge, becoming the real antagonist of this arc.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

What if Gentle and La Brava get away here, and Deku and pals have to defeat them without anyone else noticing a fight is going on. Like, waiting until a Bakugo drum solo to throw some punches backstage so no one hears it, that sort of thing.

The laser disco ball thing gets turned into an attack

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I really like how Horikoshi can make even the most lowkey of circumstances have pretty significant weight. that's the mark of a great writer

don't let Eri down you dummy

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bobulus posted:

What if Gentle and La Brava get away here, and Deku and pals have to defeat them without anyone else noticing a fight is going on. Like, waiting until a Bakugo drum solo to throw some punches backstage so no one hears it, that sort of thing.

The laser disco ball thing gets turned into an attack

This I would be on board with 100%

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Carlosologist posted:

I really like how Horikoshi can make even the most lowkey of circumstances have pretty significant weight. that's the mark of a great writer

don't let Eri down you dummy

Chekhov's fancy tea.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Midoriya's gloves look dumb

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Midoriya's gloves look dumb

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Turn this into a smile

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Oh so he's an MRA

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Slime posted:

Oh so he's an MRA

He looks like he's into it.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shere posted:

It was either outright stated by Horikoshi or strongly implied that the Noumu with wings was the winged kid Deku and Bakugo hung out with/went to middle school with.

To clarify, in one of the omake QA things, someone asked why the winged Noumu went for Deku specifically, and Horikoshi responded with only a picture of the winged kid.

Besides that, there are some more hints I found mentioned while looking for other things before, though it's allegedly from the databook, which I haven't seen personally and don't know if it was written by Horikoshi anyway. Still, according to this, his databook profile mentions that despite going to the same elementary school as Deku, Bakugou, and the other bully friend of Bakugou's, he didn't go to the same middle school as them.

Also, apparently his name is Tsubasa. He is the grandson of Dr. Tsubasa, who is the doctor who told Deku he was quirkless as a kid. You know, the one who looks suspiciously like the doctor we saw with All For One back during his reveal, and who everyone already thinks is a bad guy who works with AFO as a result.

So, yeah. Assuming this really is in the databook, and the databook is accurate, it's really, really heavily hinted that the winged kid got Noumu'd by his grandfather, who is in fact the bad guy everyone thought he was.

Slime posted:

Oh so he's an MRA

I mean, it's Mineta. No one should be surprised.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Weekly Shonen Jump's translation uses La Brava, so this is just Mangastream being Mangastream.

I've been wondering about that since her introduction. I mean, her outfit's got a bunch of hearts on it...

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agronox posted:

I've been wondering about that since her introduction. I mean, her outfit's got a bunch of hearts on it...

Remember Blood King/Vlad King/Brad King? Or Lock Rock/Rock Lock/Lock Lock/Rock Rock? It's the same thing here, basically. The characters for her name read "Raburaba". Which could be read a lot of ways, from what I understand.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Prediction: They start to fight, then Deku mentions or lets slip the reason why he can't let the festival be ruined. Gentle is so touched that he calls off the job.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm hoping for a stalemate then a wacky altercation at the festival where Class A has to perform while fighting Gentle and make it look intentional.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Every pink haired girl in this manga is the best character

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Radish posted:

I'm hoping for a stalemate then a wacky altercation at the festival where Class A has to perform while fighting Gentle and make it look intentional.

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGvU_BXbFEg

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Radish posted:

La Brava sees them trying this, and is so enthused by the prospect of Gentle performing live with high-quality FX and backup dancers that she works the lights and does color commentary without being asked.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just realized Horikoshi forgot Eri is covered in scars. Whoops.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

Is she I thought they were largely healed by Overhaul.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fabricated posted:

Forgot, or decided not to draw her that way because it'd bring down the mood of the scene?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is she I thought they were largely healed by Overhaul.
Nah. They've emphasized that she's covered in scars outside of her hands/feet/face.

I'm guessing Overhaul's quirk was more like a super version of FMA alchemy in that it can't put back flesh and blood that was taken away- just mend and restore what was there.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So we can all agree that that is Aizawa doing Eri's hair at the start of the chapter, right?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

So we can all agree that that is Aizawa doing Eri's hair at the start of the chapter, right?
Aizawa is a fan of black long sleeve shirts/sweaters and his base outfit is that so I imagine it's him.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I like the turnaround here between last arc and this. Last time he suspected something bad but (was) held back. This time he's going for it. Slightly different circumstances, but an obvious parallel.

My bold prediction is Deku wins, but not until it's down to the wire.

I appreciate that the ridiculous villain (who is great) is probably going to be brought down by an equally ridiculous setup.

I really hope the finishing move is the disco ball

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really love how the only reason Deku has any idea who Gentle is is because he accidentally clicked on one of his videos. I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know Gentle's name, he just calls him "that guy with the routine"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm glad that after all the bloody life-or-death grinds we just have a completely silly villain as a breather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Thing is the admin of UA might need the stiff kick up the pants that Gentle’s attack would cause but I don’t trust the ensuing result to not be a post Civil War 1 nightmare.