Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Flaming skulls best skulls.

Unless you want to sculpt your own flame, then go with the straight skulls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Booley posted:

They're these plastic 18"(ish) rulers. The measurements are molded on, not printed, so they're barely readable, and they're fairly flexible and not really very accurate. Nobody uses them outside of their first few games, if even those.

They can be pretty useful. Take one and cut it down to 6" and you've got a great movement reference, then take a Sharpie and on the other one, draw a visible line at 3", 6", 9", and 12".

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Reading the pages of killteam shown in the trailer theres something like generating a command point a turn while your leader is alive since the format is so stratagem dependent and I'd totally dig that being applied to warlords in 40k.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Neurolimal posted:

Sooo, some LOTD lore mentions them having damaged armor that exposes bone wreathed in flame; while that would be pretty hard to sculpt it does make me want to add some guys with straight up skull heads, was wondering if I could get some advice on which heads to take:

I feel the first one fits the description of exposed armor best but might be too similar to already-existing LOTD heads with skull faceplates, the flaming skull is pretty accurate to overall LOTD A E S T H E T I C and has some charm in that they look like they have goofy stylized fire-hair, while the normal skulls have the most character and diversity (despite looking to be largely the same sculpts; I guess visible cranium matters).

#1 for rank-and-file troops, #2 for Ghost Rider characters :skeltal:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I'd mix #2 and #3. Because flaming skulls are rad, but all of them on fire might get samey.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

Sooo, some LOTD lore mentions them having damaged armor that exposes bone wreathed in flame; while that would be pretty hard to sculpt it does make me want to add some guys with straight up skull heads, was wondering if I could get some advice on which heads to take:

I feel the first one fits the description of exposed armor best but might be too similar to already-existing LOTD heads with skull faceplates, the flaming skull is pretty accurate to overall LOTD A E S T H E T I C and has some charm in that they look like they have goofy stylized fire-hair, while the normal skulls have the most character and diversity (despite looking to be largely the same sculpts; I guess visible cranium matters).

#2... how is this even a question?

Agreed that all on fire might be a bit samey so sprinkle in some non-burny skulls also.

#1 does look cool for an undead colonial marines type thing.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I've been planning on using #2 on my word bearers, considering their symbol is a burning skull.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the input guys, I'l probably take #2 since I can just cut and sand the flames off some for variety.

I also had my eye on these bad boys for an all-bloatdrone army (for the mandatory troops), but since finding out bloatdrone explosions only apply one wound I've lost most of my interest in that.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Blew the dust off my Dark Eldar for the first time in a few months and got a win in with them against my friend's Dark Angels the other night.

It was clutch in the end but goddamn does that army need a reroll bubble, any reroll bubble. Dark Lances are like Focus Blast in Pokemon, the odds may say it'll probably hit but the odds lie.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Whippy sticks own because they make a wicked swoosh sound when you swing them at your friends. I've got a solid bundle of them.

The Sex Cannon posted:

I'm in, as long as I don't have to actually do anything other than play 40k, drink, and yell myself hoarse.

Technically, the Badcast Badbois are in charge of the podcast right now, due to their win in the global campaign, so I think we'd have to (regrettably) name it after them.

See, us fuckbois neva looz roight? Eever we win, and we've won, or we runs away, so we can come back for anuvver go, yeah? Dat way we neva looz!

I'm also down for The Badcast Badbois Badlympics at NOVA if I don't have to actually think or act in any way whatsoever

Neurolimal posted:

The war will not end until the last fuckboi tables the last badboi

I've seen all the game results from the campaign games and lol you got a ways to go there bud

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Neurolimal posted:

Hey, I was checking for more 3rdparty stores (both for more sororitas models and also fire/skull pads) and figured you'd get a kick out of these dogepads since you have an anubis army.

E: also dogehelmets

As much as it will probably add pounds to my heart when he weighs it against a feather in the otherworld, I'm staying away from depicting Anubis when I can only because dogs are kinda Khorne's thing. Gimmie dem birbs tho, Thoth and Horus!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Deified Data posted:

Blew the dust off my Dark Eldar for the first time in a few months and got a win in with them against my friend's Dark Angels the other night.

It was clutch in the end but goddamn does that army need a reroll bubble, any reroll bubble. Dark Lances are like Focus Blast in Pokemon, the odds may say it'll probably hit but the odds lie.

Dark Eldar are in this weird place where their old playstyle (dark lance boats fulla splinter guns) still works pretty well and hopefully has nowhere to go but up.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Two Beans posted:

As much as it will probably add pounds to my heart when he weighs it against a feather in the otherworld, I'm staying away from depicting Anubis when I can only because dogs are kinda Khorne's thing. Gimmie dem birbs tho, Thoth and Horus!

They do indeed have Horus, though the pads dont look very birblike IMO:
https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=117
Heads are a bit better though:
https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=102

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

Hey, I was checking for more 3rdparty stores (both for more sororitas models and also fire/skull pads) and figured you'd get a kick out of these dogepads since you have an anubis army.

E: also dogehelmets

These are not heads appropriate for Venetian nobility, :wtf:?

E:

Neurolimal posted:

You also forgot the hooded skulls option:

YOU COULD TALK LIKE THIS IF YOU USED THESE.

EE: It would also support my skulgun that the LotD is actually Heresy-era Dark Angels cast forward in time to repent for their fall and all the Fire Hawks stuff is actually Azrael et. al. doing their thing.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 16, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Schadenboner posted:

EE: It would also support my skulgun that the LotD is actually Heresy-era Dark Angels cast forward in time to repent for their fall and all the Fire Hawks stuff is actually Azrael et. al. doing their thing.

I think I saw that theory in their 1d4chan entry. I'm not against it, but I'm kind of into the idea of them just being another case of Cursed Foundry fuckery; that their mutation is that they can get hosed up by chaos physically but not mentally.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neurolimal posted:

I think I saw that theory in their 1d4chan entry. I'm not against it, but I'm kind of into the idea of them just being another case of Cursed Foundry fuckery; that their mutation is that they can get hosed up by chaos physically but not mentally.

That would be awesome, and also explain why they're a Legion and not a Chapter.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed

SRM posted:

The Empire Wizards plastic kit has a flaming sword bit in it.

Oh nice, I had seen the sword but all I was getting on ebay was metal models. It looks like the secret is to search for 'battlemage' instead of wizard. Thanks for the tip!

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Two quick fluff questions, are there any traitor legions which more or less remain intact as a coherent legion and not individual warbands, and other than Red Corsairs, have there been any other fairly well known chapters who have fallen to chaos since the heresy, other than the single photo models which are included in the codecies which are mostly alternative paint schemes?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mef989 posted:

Two quick fluff questions, are there any traitor legions which more or less remain intact as a coherent legion and not individual warbands, and other than Red Corsairs, have there been any other fairly well known chapters who have fallen to chaos since the heresy, other than the single photo models which are included in the codecies which are mostly alternative paint schemes?

1) Depends on the Legion. Black Legion, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors are relatively still coherent bar some exiled warbands, while World Eaters, Emperor’s Children and Night Lords are nothing but individual warbands.

2) Not really. GW mostly sticks to no-name throw-aways when renegading a Chapter.It is canon that some companies of Marines go rogue now and then so do whatever.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Neurolimal posted:

please stop going to 1d4 chan

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I like their tactics articles, especially as a starting point.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
It’s a shame the tactics pages are so good ‘coz the rest of the site is hot garbage. Well, besides the stupid pissy edit wars and constant linking to the rape page.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

1) Depends on the Legion. Black Legion, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers and Iron Warriors are relatively still coherent bar some exiled warbands, while World Eaters, Emperor’s Children and Night Lords are nothing but individual warbands.

I'm still working my way through the Horus Heresy books, so is there a reason for this? I understand Thousand Sons since their non psychers are just dust in sealed metal suits, but Fulgrim and Angrom are still around as Demon Princes aren't they?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

SteelMentor posted:

2) Not really. GW mostly sticks to no-name throw-aways when renegading a Chapter.It is canon that some companies of Marines go rogue now and then so do whatever.

There is the Crimson Slaughter, which havent really been mentioned since 7th edition, but still technically exist.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Is there a better source with the scope/depth of their tactics pages?

Not even saying they're the best thing in the world but it's the only regularly-updated comprehensive source I'm aware of.

:shrug:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Current word on Natfka is that Codex: Dark Eldar will be available on April 7.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I assume that by Dark Angels you mean Dark Eldar, since the former already have a codex release.

Edit: you beat me with that edit!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Mef989 posted:

I'm still working my way through the Horus Heresy books, so is there a reason for this? I understand Thousand Sons since their non psychers are just dust in sealed metal suits, but Fulgrim and Angrom are still around as Demon Princes aren't they?

Kharn. The incident involved is why he's called The Betrayer. He went all nutzo during a WE v EC fight, slaughtering everyone on all sides and shattering both legions beyond reformation.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mef989 posted:

Angron was banished to the warp last we saw and Fulgrim disappeared to some paradise world gently caress-palace and the scattered warbands of the Emperor's Children have been looking for him ever since.

Of course the second either of them shows back up their legions would rally around them.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

it's fun to read through and most of the creep is focused on some random weirdos adding hyperlinks to a rape page constantly, not saying that's OK but it's a nice way to read up on all the primarchs and such in a way that isn't as dry as the lexicanum.

Mef989 posted:

Fulgrim is usually off on his pleasure planet that he doesn't tell anyone else about, Angron is completely insane and could never handle the logistics of keeping track of an entire legion

Usually there's a dude below the primarchs who coordinates things even when their primarch is moody, but for those two you have Lucius (guy who's gimmick is losing fights and coming back in a different skin) and Kharn (regularly kills his own chapter because he feels like it) so uh you wouldn't blame WE's or EC's for not following them. There's also Fabius Bile but most of Chaos Marines hate his guts and the only reason he's still alive is because most of the chapters don't have a sane apothecary capable of taking care of their geneseed/cloning.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 16, 2018

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I propose a more inclusive name, unless you want to bring about some kind of Badboi Fuckboi class war. Which, while perfectly acceptable in a vacuum, divides us when we should be united. Therefore something more appropriate might be worth submitting.

Like Badfucks.

Or Fuckbads.

Just trying to be diplomatic here.

Not this...

Thanqol posted:

There can be no peace with the Fuckboi scum.

But this!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Mef989 posted:

Kharn shattered the World Eaters and only the most worthy warbands get to fight alongside Angron, who's more concerned with murderfucking everything than running a coherent army. Fulgrim hosed off to Orgy World and the Emperor's Children devolved into infighting, same with the Night Lords when Kurze died.

For the Death Guard, Nurgle's twisted sense of family and Morty's rigid organisation kept most of them in line, with occasionally some upstart Sorcerer or Lord running off to do their own thing (And Typhus, though he tries to keep on good terms with the main Legion if only to get fresh recruits and gear).

The Thousand Sons book has a small story blurb about Magnus summoning back most of the exiled warbands and reabsorbing them by taking control of their Rubrics and making them gun down the exiled leaders. Troublemakers are generally set up to get themselves sacrificed or casually mind-bullet'd.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TheChirurgeon posted:

Current word on Natfka is that Codex: Dark Eldar will be available on April 7.

Engaging hype. Maybe enough time to get another start collecting box painted.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Mortarion also hates his chapter, but Typhus was into going to chaos well before anyone else barring Erebus/Phaeron/Lorgar, so he's got a handle of organizing the Death Guard (and yeah Nurgle loving his children). Kurze unlike the rest of the primarchs never actually managed to tame his planet so Night Lords have always since their inception been a penal chapter of assholes.

Thousand Sons are usually around two figures that are usually opposed to each other but not outright animosity; Ahriman (serves Tzeentch by trying to usurp him, biggest goal is un-mummying his chapter) and Magnus (fractured amalgam of Magnus' soul, the part of his soul containing his humanity killed itself rather than join the rest).

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Size comparison, taken from Twitter:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

Size comparison, taken from Twitter:

Taller than I thought. Cool.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Uroboros posted:

Not this...

But this!

And thus the great alliance of fuckbads was dissolved before it even began

Because some of you are a bunch of weeaboo idiots who can't properly acknowledge Fuckboi supremacy

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You're only supreme at losing games.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

TheChirurgeon posted:

And thus the great alliance of fuckbads was dissolved before it even began

Because some of you are a bunch of weeaboo idiots who can't properly acknowledge Fuckboi supremacy

No mercy for the weak...

The Deleter posted:

You're only supreme at losing games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2018/03/kill-team-screen-shots.html?m=1

Some screenshots from the kill team video.