Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I like my Ford. It's relatively fuel efficient and has plenty of room for activities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm quite happy with my Ford Fiesta which was developed and refined for years in Europe before being ported back to Detroit

Thanks, globalists :argh:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vladimir Putin posted:

I don’t think a lot of people in America want to buy American cars.

i stopped about 8 years ago.

japanese and german only for me.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
My Toyota is more American than your Ford. :boom:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I like my Ford. It's relatively fuel efficient and has plenty of room for activities.
When I hear "don't buy american" I mostly just interpret it as "don't buy GM". I'm personally done with them after having one die and one melt down on me like a runaway nuclear reactor.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm quite happy with my Ford Fiesta which was developed and refined for years in Europe before being ported back to Detroit

I'm quite happy with my near 20 year old work truck with 200k on the clock.

It's a compliment different market and it makes no sense to sell there. Not a lot of people own cars in Japan and the cars that they do own are tiny and have very very short lives.

For reference, the last time I was in Japan my "mid size" rental was a Mazda 3 demio. Which is an ever smaller version of a Mazda 3.

It also cost me 40$ a night to park in a vending machine and more than 100$ us in tolls just leaving Tokyo.

That article has its head up it's rear end.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

bird cooch posted:

I'm quite happy with my near 20 year old work truck with 200k on the clock. It's a compliment different market and it makes no sense to sell there. Not a lot of people own cars in Japan and the cars that they do own are tiny and have very very short lives.

For reference, the last time I was in Japan my "mid size" rental was a Mazda 3 demio. Which is an ever smaller version of a Mazda 3.

It also cost me 40$ a night to park in a vending machine and more than 100$ us in tolls just leaving Tokyo.

The demio is actually a Mazda 2.

And yeah it's a tiny drat car.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Pander posted:

The demio is actually a Mazda 2.

And yeah it's a tiny drat car.

You are correct.

I went back and found a picture of it.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 16, 2018

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i stopped about 8 years ago.

japanese and german only for me.

I only buy British cars. And I suffer for that choice.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

bird cooch posted:

You are correct.

Also, having worked in northern japan during the winter on outdoor projects for weeks at a time, I can authoritatively state that their cabin air heaters are woefully inadaquate.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pander posted:

When I hear "don't buy american" I mostly just interpret it as "don't buy GM". I'm personally done with them after having one die and one melt down on me like a runaway nuclear reactor.

GM seems to have really gone downhill since they got bailed out...

I wonder if it's related.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

I see how that’s an attempt at a joke but it’s not really funny after the amount of more or less violence by teachers towards students that I’ve seen.

What kind of world are we living in if we cannot joke about dark and awful things?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

BardoTheConsumer posted:

They didn't go downhill.

They just didn't get any better.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I don’t know how that’s possible since they were poo poo before they got bailed out also.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Also, the fact that Trump hasn't Tweeted or said anything about Stormy so far means one thing: it has to be bad enough that even he understands that he should keep his loving mouth shut.

LOL if you don't think that McMasters(?) is tricking him with a pretend first strike to make him feel like a big boy in the war nuke room.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
The demio actually fits things pretty well - four seats, with space in the back for two luggages. And it feels better constructed than the American counterpart Mazda 3 tbh, (which I suspect they purposely increase the size of).

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

PhazonLink posted:

LOL if you don't think that McMasters(?) is tricking him with a pretend first strike to make him feel like a big boy in the war nuke room.

McMaster is the sort of guy who'd make that pretend strike real if he so had the opportunity.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

bird cooch posted:

You are correct.

I went back and found a picture of it.

This is the only shot I could find without spending more than 5 minutes

ntan1 posted:

The demio actually fits things pretty well - four seats, with space in the back for two luggages. And it feels better constructed than the American counterpart Mazda 3 tbh, (which I suspect they purposely increase the size of).

It DID hold all the equipment I needed to do my field work, so yeah it's not that bad. Although I don't know that it's better constructed than a Mazda 3, my 3 is now 3 years old and still feels brand new in handling and all that.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Of all the things that are potentially damaging a sex scandal and an FEC fine rate pretty low.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
give kids guns to shoot teachers that hit them.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aves Maria! posted:

wtf are you doing, colorado

A little late on this but I grew up in CO. Up until recently (very recently), Colorado was straight red. Until 2008, Colorado voted voted for every republican presidential candidate except for three since 1940. Now's a great time to get corporal punishment off the books.

The other side of that is, Colorado's got a really good history of shooting themselves in the foot for lack of future thinking.
See also Sam Bee's new segment about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4LUMl2994

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

give kids guns to shoot teachers that hit them.

...I'm okay with this, provided the shooting occurs off school property.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

Pander posted:

It DID hold all the equipment I needed to do my field work, so yeah it's not that bad. Although I don't know that it's better constructed than a Mazda 3, my 3 is now 3 years old and still feels brand new in handling and all that.

I'm sure it's built fine and mine is super reliable. It's probably just the engine + power steering on the Mazda 3 that feels off.

mkultra419
May 4, 2005

Modern Day Alchemist
Pillbug

Vladimir Putin posted:

I only buy British cars. And I suffer for that choice.

Lol, I hope you own stock in BP. The Brits can't make a non-leaky hydraulic system to save their lives.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

bird cooch posted:

I'm quite happy with my near 20 year old work truck with 200k on the clock.

It's a compliment different market and it makes no sense to sell there. Not a lot of people own cars in Japan and the cars that they do own are tiny and have very very short lives.

That article has its head up it's rear end.

sounds like you're mad because Japan (spec. Tokyo) isn't America, and not bc the article is wrong

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Pander posted:

Compact cars are like middle aged married people. They are going to gain size and weight every year.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Aves Maria! posted:

sounds like you're mad because Japan (spec. Tokyo) isn't America, and not bc the article is wrong
Japan isn't like America.

They have really good public transit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/974777095766396932

Wonder if Trump will push for the execs to get the death penalty :thunk:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vladimir Putin posted:

Compact cars are like middle aged married people. They are going to gain size and weight every year.

No focus group or scheduled service customer is ever going to say “Yeah I like it fine, except I wish it had a little less legroom”

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Arturo Ui posted:

He also hasn't live-tweeted Fox & Friends in 10 days, the longest such streak of the presidency

Maybe they also have a military grade jammer.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Rich white Manhattanites?

Set a countdown for pardons.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pander posted:

Japan isn't like America.

They have really good public transit.

ok and?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Pander posted:

State crimes though, right? Can't pardon those.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/974777860572483585
Heh

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

waitaminute

ENHANCE

Noooooo

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

RevKrule posted:

The other side of that is, Colorado's got a really good history of shooting themselves in the foot for lack of future thinking.
See also Sam Bee's new segment about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp4LUMl2994

I appreciate trying to end on a note of positivity, but i hope they realize that TABOR is never going away

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

He's not wrong about saying the Japanese market is different and smaller than America's?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Pander posted:

They have to appear on Fox and Friends first, then they will get the pardons.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

I cannot imagine why this administration has trouble filling vacancies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aves Maria! posted:

I appreciate trying to end on a note of positivity, but i hope they realize that TABOR is never going away

TABOR's gonna choke the state to death. It's already destroyed the roads.

• Locked thread