Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Manoueverable posted:

I figured at least part of the downswing would be Pete's schtick getting old hat for some people, I imagine it grew stale quickly for those who've been on board in the aftermath of SB49

So basically the Seahawks are an Armageddon style cult, SB49 was like the end of the world being predicted and not coming, all the cult members are disillusioned and now the leader has fled the country with a briefcase full of money to start over in South America.

This checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'd be okay with a year of 0-16 if it drops ticket prices from insane to just expensive.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Earl Thomas talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhI88tg1Gqg

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Thank you for enlisting. Your country thanks you for your service

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Pete is going to live to 130?

Ongoing. As in: it's continued since it started when he was in his 50s 40s (Edit: life expectancy reduced given his obvious dementia).

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 16, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Jimmy G's 28 million dollar contract bonus just kicked in, in case you were wondering what that shiver down your spine was, fans of other NFC West teams.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Sherm is going to break Jimmy G mentally in practice and in 2020 you'll be able to attend a game in Santa Clara for the price of giving an email address.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
lmao like jed will ever drop prices

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/974741868423467008

Ed Dickson loving sucks and we're going to miss Jimmy in a hurry

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He sucks in the exact same way Jimmy was sucking but he can also block

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dickson is here to block, not catch. Plus the alternative was stone hands Luke Willson.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah maybe dickson can play tackle

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The 'hawk's solution to a pourous OL: just stack some extra TEs on there and all you guys scrunch together, because russel wilson bullshit means you only need two receivers anyway

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pardon me for being less than enthused that our big signings so far are a blocking TE and ... whatever the hell Mingo does (we're just gonna keep loving that Chris Clemons chicken, huh?)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What are you expecting? What did you want? Like the theme of this off-season has been “wow teams are super overpaying”. Do you want the hawks to do that as well?

Ed is fine for that contract. Carolina fans on reddit thought they should have kept him at that contract level.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think it's overpaying only if the player doesn't perform. If you have the cap space and that player is going to help you win games then you didn't overpay.

I don't think the Hawks were really in a position to overpay, or even pay, a lot of these guys that left. This was inevitable, and if you think about it the Legion of Boom was kept together longer than most groups of players like that. Had to come to an end sometime, but I can see why Hawks fans might be upset. The team got worse in free agency, maybe a lot worse. Nothing to celebrate that's for sure.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The downgrades at TE and CB are marginal at best. Paul Richardson was talented but never had an impressive season.

From a Madden perspective yeah, a few dudes with high overall ratings left the team like Sherman and Graham. But Graham was never great on our team and he wasn’t worth what we were paying him. Sherman is an unknown due to injury. Plus, the one area seattle has shown to be good at drafting is in the secondary.

This roster, if healthy in 2018, is likely to be better than the injured 2017 roster. And that injured roster was still above .500

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
If we end FA/the draft with a good LG and RB then this team will be dramatically more powerful than last year.

And luckily, this draft is loaded at both of those positions.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Old man yells at cloud cover 3 defense

this was a good poat and did not get the love it deserved.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

algebra testes posted:

this was a good poat and did not get the love it deserved.

i cant find the upboat button

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Pardon me for being less than enthused that our big signings so far are a blocking TE and ... whatever the hell Mingo does (we're just gonna keep loving that Chris Clemons chicken, huh?)

I think your issue is that you think these are Big signings, when in reality they're mainly just depth signings. Dickson is probably just going to be a blocking tight end, and Mingo is probably just going to be a rotational guy. We aren't one big free-agent signing away from competing again and given our cap situation it was probably best for the team to hold still.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

incompetent posted:

i cant find the upboat button

It's me, I'm the one who is owned now. :negative:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I just think those players suck and don't really fit an obvious need (it's 2018, nobody "needs" a pure blocking TE). I'm not angry or anything, just not going to pretend to get excited about them :shrug:

At the moment, we don't have a CB2, WR2, LG, RT, starting DT or pass-catching TE (and arguably RB depending on how you feel about Carson), in addition to inevitable replacements for Avril and Chancellor. A lot can still happen -- perhaps we get Suh and nail the draft and things are hunky-dory again, but right now? It's not inspiring.

Also our current kicker is Jason "literally worse than Blair Walsh" Myers, so that's a thing.

Not trying to go all lostseason.txt in this thread, but I'm honestly trying to figure out what the plan is, and coming up blank.

Benne fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 17, 2018

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Benne posted:

I just think those players suck and don't really fit an obvious need (it's 2018, nobody "needs" a pure blocking TE). I'm not angry or anything, just not going to pretend to get excited about them :shrug:

At the moment, we don't have a CB2, WR2, LG, RT, starting DT or pass-catching TE (and arguably RB depending on how you feel about Carson), in addition to inevitable replacements for Avril and Chancellor. A lot can still happen -- perhaps we get Suh and nail the draft and things are hunky-dory again, but right now? It's not inspiring.

Also our current kicker is Jason "literally worse than Blair Walsh" Myers, so that's a thing.

Not trying to go all lostseason.txt in this thread, but I'm honestly trying to figure out what the plan is, and coming up blank.

We don't need Suh, and having a rebuilding year is okay. Let's not be like Patriot fans and declare 'lost season' at the prospect of a losing season... That hasn't started yet.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sam bradford throwing heat to eliminate the seahawks from the playoffs would own

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the ogre from oklahoma

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Punting away a year of Wilson's prime while the Rams and Niners gear up for contention windows is not, in fact, okay with me :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

We have two good young DT's, our RT position has two young (albeit so far unimpressive) players competing for it with a new OL coach, and the pass-catching TE is a position that matters little in our offense. We drafted a bunch of DB's last year, and that's the position our FO is best at finding talent. I agree we need more WR help. But the FO has also been good about picking up mid round speedsters who fit well with Russell Wilson Bullshit.

The biggest positions of need on our team are LG and RB. Both of those positions are super deep in this draft class.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Note: I would be extremely horney if we signed Suh.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Team went all in last year and it didn't pan out. Cutting losses and trying to restart the culture seems like a good move to me. Still think the team will be pushing for playoffs at the end of next year but maybe not the juggernaut they have been in recent memory.

I am actually kind of excited to see the team turn a new corner. Lowered expectations make for easier watching.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

it's 2018, nobody "needs" a pure blocking TE

Your OC is Brian Schottenheimer.

You really don't want to be dependent on the passing game this year.

Also, if any Niners fans here want to offer suggestions for draft picks or strategy in this year's goon draft, my PMs are open.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ed is fine for that contract. Carolina fans on reddit thought they should have kept him at that contract level.

Carolina already has a very good receiving TE though. Ed wasn’t the guy, he was just a guy.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He sucks in the exact same way Jimmy was sucking but he can also block

Ed has caught 12 TDs since 2010. Jimmy caught 10 last year. Ed has literally never had a season as good a Jimmy’s “bad” season last year.
Jimmy definitely wasn’t worth the money y’all we paying him but he’s a whole lot better than Ed Dickson.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Coldforge posted:

See this is the real problem, not that we cut some old players.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974847155583311872

Now this is a signing I can get behind (even if he was the second-best J. Brown in Arizona)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

he didn't really do poo poo in arizona but i liked him and he had that funny play against the seahawks once.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/974847155583311872

Now this is a signing I can get behind (even if he was the second-best J. Brown in Arizona)

I thought he was actually pretty good and very underutilized in Arizona. I think he'll do well in Seattle

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah it's hard to be on the depth chart behind Larry.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

Punting away a year of Wilson's prime while the Rams and Niners gear up for contention windows is not, in fact, okay with me :(

That was gonna happen anyway if didn't do well last year. Win now had a cost

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Coldforge posted:

I know this isn't actually true because a few months ago I drank a gallon of LSD and I still haven't come down. It's the only possible explanation for how I could conceive of such a reality.

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Coldforge posted:

You really don't want to be dependent on the passing game this year.

Also, if any Niners fans here want to offer suggestions for draft picks or strategy in this year's goon draft, my PMs are open.

If we just build Wilson running 15 yards toward the sideline into the beginning of every play I think we can have a great year.

• Locked thread