Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
im no computer nerd but what is he even doing with those other monitors looks like boring nerd stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008

Monomythian posted:

You skipped the others.

Holy poo poo at the water in the floor.

Also holy poo poo at shitlasagna.txt
Creeped me right the gently caress out like Ted the Caver or something.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

this is the one that always gets me

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
put some epson salt in that bad boy and you got a nice soak

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
These posts are just like all the Cargo-short wearing, Button-up shirt wearing, high-white socks wearing, Fedora emblazoned goon pictures in PYF. I just mentally refuse to believe ANY of these are even real pictures.
My mind has to believe that these are ALL staged. My brain would split and catch fire if somehow someone proved to me these conditions were real and a human actually lived in them. Can't be real, sorry.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

that is how the psyche protects itself from harm. if you should ever step into a goon's den/lair your mind would create a quarantine area to put the memory and then would block it off from your conscious mind. only through hypnosis or the smell of cummy socks would the memory broach the surface

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ok, but why? i mean, why?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Cosmik Slop posted:

This thread reminds of Faye Kane, one of the weirdest blogs I've ever seen. Basically it was a homeless autistic savant (?) who built herself a little techno-cave in the woods. She would post about how she'd slather herself in testosterone gel and masturbate all day, never leaving her weird enclave. She was also really, REALLY into hardcore BDSM, to the point of torture, mutilation, etc. I'm barely scratching the surface here. All the old links seem to be dead but some of her posts are probably floating around.

Did a little googling: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/FayeKane

That was......interesting.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Domestic Amuse posted:

Did a little googling: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/FayeKane

That was......interesting.

IRC she claimed to live in a hole in the ground in some forest and was stealing electricity from some nearby street lamp, which is kinda genius. if you hide the cable really well you can get all the electricity in the world for free. nobody monitors street lamp electricity usage!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stay obsessed with a dead subforum for another 14 years of your life & maybe we'll be able to post your setup in the future version of this thread, normal guy

Is this the thread to make fun of poor ppl too destitute to seek the help they need?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Pick posted:

These always fascinate me because I tend to live somewhere between pretty tidy and "unsustainably tidy" and actually I'm still young enough I get tons of poo poo for it

Mmm yeah girl

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
These threads always make me feel like I live in a spotless palace. I don't worry so much about the three beer cans I forgot to throw in the recycling bin the night prior.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I jabsolutely adore the free hanging chains I imagine it gives the goon burrow a pleasantly appropriate ambience

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Beefeater posted:

These threads always make me feel like I live in a spotless palace. I don't worry so much about the three beer cans I forgot to throw in the recycling bin the night prior.

i assume the reality is that theres handles of gin covering an entire quadrant of your kitchen floor

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Stay obsessed with a dead subforum for another 14 years of your life & maybe we'll be able to post your setup in the future version of this thread, normal guy

GORDON posted:

Is this the thread to make fun of poor ppl too destitute to seek the help they need?

:boom:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

I refuse to believe that 90% of that bungmonkey setup isn’t affectation like what is he doing uploading the Cookie Monster virus to the Gibson?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

TheToxicEuphoria posted:

Holy poo poo at the water in the floor.

Have we considered the possibility that that is not water

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tim Whatley posted:

Have we considered the possibility that that is not water

the liquid is clearly not 100% water, but i imagine it has at least a 60% water component

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Lets just say it is fluid of some type, whose source we would rather not know.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kazak posted:

I jabsolutely adore the free hanging chains I imagine it gives the goon burrow a pleasantly appropriate ambience

yea the chains are the best part

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

lore update

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
those of you too junior to remember the story of bungmonkey may enjoy this

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2537734&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I want to explore that cramped hovel I'd pay like $20 and bring my own headlamp and dust mask

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Cosmik Slop posted:

This thread reminds of Faye Kane, one of the weirdest blogs I've ever seen. Basically it was a homeless autistic savant (?) who built herself a little techno-cave in the woods. She would post about how she'd slather herself in testosterone gel and masturbate all day, never leaving her weird enclave. She was also really, REALLY into hardcore BDSM, to the point of torture, mutilation, etc. I'm barely scratching the surface here. All the old links seem to be dead but some of her posts are probably floating around.
either she posted in ycs or someone using her as source material posted as her, i can't remember which

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

The Saucer Hovers posted:

I refuse to believe that 90% of that bungmonkey setup isn’t affectation like what is he doing uploading the Cookie Monster virus to the Gibson?

Hack the planet!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Everyone knows that ghosts can come out of your PC (ghost in the shell) so putting chains in front of the monitors as a precaution is actually really smart. If you hear those chains start to rattle you know it's time to GTFO

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Everyone knows that ghosts can come out of your PC (ghost in the shell) so putting chains in front of the monitors as a precaution is actually really smart. If you hear those chains start to rattle you know it's time to GTFO

IMHO if you're worried about ghosts in your computer just clear your browser cache to get rid of any cursed images.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
from the past but

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-F...A391H205S56361N

why buy garbage bags, ever

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

To be fair, my county banned those plastic grocery bags about 6 years ago. I still hear olds freaking out about it like they're being forced to turn gay and vote democrat or something.

I do miss being able to clean the litter box with those bags, though.

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

It always bugs me what this guy is running on his many monitors. Perhaps he is a top NSA official observing the results for his encryption algorithms? A member of the CIA researching all the times that Al Qaeda posts anti-USA speeches? Checking the status of his World of Warcraft character?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

AutumnDDP posted:

It always bugs me what this guy is running on his many monitors. Perhaps he is a top NSA official observing the results for his encryption algorithms? A member of the CIA researching all the times that Al Qaeda posts anti-USA speeches? Checking the status of his World of Warcraft character?

no he worked somewhere where he could get free monitors and so he hooked them all up to be a l33t h4x0r only he just used one

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
what i dont get: why do these people take pictures of their set-ups and post them online? are they proud of them?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Alpha Mayo posted:

what i dont get: why do these people take pictures of their set-ups and post them online? are they proud of them?

that’s excellent question

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
but some were posted like 15 years ago so maybe having all those monitors felt rich?

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Alpha Mayo posted:

Yes. Depressed people sometimes feel oddly proud of their squalor, as if it's some kind of achievement. It's probably a defense mechanism so that they don't have to admit their lives are terrible.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Alpha Mayo posted:

misery loves company, and the internet is great at bringing miserable people together so they can all have a kind of reverse dick measuring contest: "i maybe bad, but at least I'm not that bad"

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Alpha Mayo posted:

People on PC gaming forums used to put their specs in their sigs. They may still do I don't know.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i always assumed these were just crime scene photos

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Cosmik Slop posted:

I'm curious about the testosterone gel, like how would that make jilling off better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Madcosby posted:

i always assumed these were just crime scene photos

there has been a murder, and the victim is hygiene

• Locked thread