Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I tried to view the webpage as a desktop site, but all it downloads when clicking the direct link is an offline version of the site. :(

FF Awakening

Found this on their official Facebook page. Post I found was here.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

mrkillboy posted:

Critically acclaimed "interactive storybook" Florence is out now for Android.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

J3ng4 posted:

FF Awakening

Found this on their official Facebook page. Post I found was here.

Awesome thanks!

Though those links didn't work for me, searching up their FB page and hitting the link from there did. It also seems to be a more coherent version. The English doesn't seem as garbled, and there aren't any Indonesian splash pages/loading screens.

Definitely going to give it a fair shake this time. If anyone is interested in this game, definitely get the app from the Facebook page and NOT from apkpure like me :downs:

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Mr Hootington posted:

Pricsilla should help

Every team should have her, hth

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Every team should have her, hth

Yeah she is a good booster for dps.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

About how long until more slots in the King's Raid guild will be available? :ohdear:

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Remove me (heisachar), circumstances are forcing me to play on EU. I don't think I'll be able to invest in two teams at time.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Okay, I removed you as well as two people who haven't been on in 5+ days. So we've got 3 slots free for now. Leveling the guild is currently 120k activity points, so it costs about as much as leveling up a buff does to add 2 or 3 more slots.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

DemonMage posted:

Okay, I removed you as well as two people who haven't been on in 5+ days. So we've got 3 slots free for now. Leveling the guild is currently 120k activity points, so it costs about as much as leveling up a buff does to add 2 or 3 more slots.

Nice, apped as Kyrosiris.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The real deal Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is out for anyone who lives in Canada.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

If anyone remembers Idle Mage Attack, which was pretty well received here a couple years back, it's getting a full makeover and relaunch as Tap Wizard RPG. The game mechanics, which were already solid, are mostly unchanged. It's mainly an idler, with optional power ups to tap on, but no insane carpal tunnel tapping. A good 'I am at work but still want to feel like I'm having fun out of the corner of my eye' sort of game. The graphics have received a huge update, from bland programmer graphics to a professionally done pixel art style, and there are some minor gameplay tweaks. Just hit open beta, and if by chance you still have the old Idle Mage installed, you can export your save string from there and import it to Tap Wizard to keep all of your progress.

For comparison, old:

new: (yes I stole it from the play store, too lazy to get my own screenshot)

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

holy gently caress, idle mage attack has been by far my favorite and most played android game, this is excellent news

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

doctorthefonz posted:

holy gently caress, idle mage attack has been by far my favorite and most played android game, this is excellent news

Got it, it's very cool, also it's good.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

it's so good, i love it

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Any suggestions for which spells to use? I just kinda use the 5 I started with, and I'm not really sure what order to put them in.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Chinook posted:

Any suggestions for which spells to use? I just kinda use the 5 I started with, and I'm not really sure what order to put them in.

There's really no wrong answer, just use whatever spells you like. Every spell's damage is scaled by its cooldown. The main way you load your spells is by XP priority (spell on the far left gets full XP, far right only gets 5%). Every time a spell levels up it gets an augment that improves the spell and a passive that applies even when the spell is not equipped. All passives stack and every spell has three global passives and two that apply to one specific spell.

The strategy, then, is to make sure that you give every spell at least some attention. The other thing to note is that while every spell is fairly balanced, they aren't all equal. Shock net is amazing for clearing a screen but awful against bosses. Fire elemental does piddly damage but applies tons of burns, which ignore armor. Firefly is immune to dispel, meteor is immune to pushback, ice wall reduces incoming damage. There is no wrong spell but they each have their strengths.

One more tip: you don't have to enchant (the soft prestigr) right away. You can keep pushing to the next level and do 2 or 3 at once, which can save you a.lot of the time you would otherwise spend getting back up to full power.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It might just be me but the menu UI feels inordinately clunky and hard to grok in comparison to how polished the rest of the game feels

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is Lineage 2 good? I got an S9+ and a fun grindy MMO to play at work would own. I reinstalled Seven Knights but I think all the goons moved on.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Agoat posted:

Is Lineage 2 good? I got an S9+ and a fun grindy MMO to play at work would own. I reinstalled Seven Knights but I think all the goons moved on.

lmao nah we all bailed. Trust me, don't do it.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

FistEnergy posted:

lmao nah we all bailed. Trust me, don't do it.

What's everyone playing now? I do miss the old 7k crew.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BobTheJanitor posted:

If anyone remembers Idle Mage Attack, which was pretty well received here a couple years back, it's getting a full makeover and relaunch as Tap Wizard RPG. The game mechanics, which were already solid, are mostly unchanged. It's mainly an idler, with optional power ups to tap on, but no insane carpal tunnel tapping. A good 'I am at work but still want to feel like I'm having fun out of the corner of my eye' sort of game. The graphics have received a huge update, from bland programmer graphics to a professionally done pixel art style, and there are some minor gameplay tweaks. Just hit open beta, and if by chance you still have the old Idle Mage installed, you can export your save string from there and import it to Tap Wizard to keep all of your progress.

For comparison, old:

new: (yes I stole it from the play store, too lazy to get my own screenshot)

This game is loving awesome :toot: I really dig that whole 'go so far, and then restart stronger/better, get farther, repeat'. It's like Egg Inc, but I don't feel it's as soul-sucking (I won't go back!!)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is this Idle Mage Attack/its rebirth anything like Soda Dungeon?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Chinook posted:

Go into options and turn on the damage numbers of each spell. It helped a lot for me to know a bit of what I was doing.

And order is just much exp each spell gets.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

hooah posted:

Is this Idle Mage Attack/its rebirth anything like Soda Dungeon?

Not really. Only one dude to manage, restarting is automatic, offline progression exists.. not that I didn't like Soda Dungeon but the fiddling required to set up and then restart drop farming runs was not my favorite thing

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
I would definitely call it more of an Idle Mage Manager. You set the spells that autocast, you can collect numerous pickups that either discharge immediately or go into your inventory for later use, and set up things like research upgrades and raids that yield premium currency, consumable spells, and a new spell once/day. It doesn't have the level structure or equipment to manage like soda dungeon, but it's easily my favorite idle game so give it a shot!

It also handles prestige better than pretty much every idle game. You soft reset a lot (enchanting), but what it does is yield a bonus to damage, research speed and research discount (which all stack multiplicatively) while setting you back to the base 100 power. You gradually regain power back to where you were before resetting over the course of a few hours, but if you continue to play you cut that time down because you're earning back power like normal. Generally if you play it actively an enchant prestige only takes 30-40 minutes and you're back where you were but with a nice boost.

The hard prestige is called meditating and is required four times to beat the game. You lose all that power, but also your enchants and research, all you keep is your spells & experience + inventory. Meditating unlocks a small skill tree (one skill point per reset) and a new assistant who attacks enemies and buffs you based on that skill tree. There's also a new game + after you finish that!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How do I meditate? Do I need to get to a certain part/level before that happens?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Yeah you get the key to the doom world in zone 27 but it's not beatable til zone 45 or 50 for the first one. Beating the doom world gives you the item to meditate. I think it took me like 2 or 3 months of pretty heavy playing to get through the whole game to NG+

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yeah you get the key to the doom world in zone 27 but it's not beatable til zone 45 or 50 for the first one. Beating the doom world gives you the item to meditate. I think it took me like 2 or 3 months of pretty heavy playing to get through the whole game to NG+

Ah ok, thanks! Wasn't sure if it was like Egg Inc in that you could (pointlessly) do it whenever, or if you had to wait. I think I prefer it this way.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Agoat posted:

What's everyone playing now? I do miss the old 7k crew.

Did you check out the King his Raid, fellow grinder?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Did you check out the King his Raid, fellow grinder?

I'll download this today!

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
Any recommendations for snes emulators? Or is that considered :files: ?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Finagle posted:

Any recommendations for snes emulators? Or is that considered :files: ?

Aren't they in the play store?

fake edit: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.johnemulators.johnsnes&hl=en

I remember John GBA being good so presumably the same maker's SNES player is the same.

Just make sure to rewind your ROMs or whatever.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Playing PUBG now on my phone and, having never played the PC version, I have little idea of what I'm doing but it is loving great.

Canadians will find it easier to get ahold of it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

delfin posted:

Playing PUBG now on my phone and, having never played the PC version, I have little idea of what I'm doing but it is loving great.

Canadians will find it easier to get ahold of it.

Get guns. Get ammo. Get a backpack ASAP. Get a helmet and body armor. Stay inside the white circle. Kill EVERYONE.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BobTheJanitor posted:

This game is great so far and pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Can anyone explain the lantern better than the in-game description? I read it a few times and still have no idea what it does :smith:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

King's Raid crew: Got Miruru with my 2* ticket from finishing the first chapter on Normal and holy poo poo she's bonkers, especially paired with Phillop (whose unique weapon I got). Cleaving armor shred + passive cleaving attacks? Jesus christ. :getin:

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

explosivo posted:

This game is great so far and pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Can anyone explain the lantern better than the in-game description? I read it a few times and still have no idea what it does :smith:

So when the lantern recalls you the power you have doesn't go into your total but stays in the bank. Every time the lantern recalls you it multiplies the power in the bank by .8 and then adds that run's total in.
Say you get 1000 power per run and you let the game sit.
First run 1000 power goes into the lantern.
Second run that 1000 drops to 800 then you get another 1000 so through lantern holds 1800.
Third run that 1800 goes down to 1440 then +1000 for 2440.

What it boils down to is you have a curve with a limit around 5x the power from a single run so letting the game idle overnight isn't really worth it. Also if the lantern is holding any power you gain XP at the idle rate (1/24 speed)

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Love idle mage. Something about watching my lil wizard tear through monsters like a buzzsaw. :unsmigghh:

Anyway, big tip for breaking the curve somewhat. Save your power boosters.

Sure, 50% for 60 seconds isn't much, use it, throw it away. Nope. They stack so if you get a handful of them and pop 'em all at once, 50% for one minute can become 200%+ instead. I had a stack of 13 in my backpack from not paying attention, and shot up the enchanting levels in a single minute after spamming them all. :stare:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

limited posted:

Love idle mage. Something about watching my lil wizard tear through monsters like a buzzsaw. :unsmigghh:

Anyway, big tip for breaking the curve somewhat. Save your power boosters.

Sure, 50% for 60 seconds isn't much, use it, throw it away. Nope. They stack so if you get a handful of them and pop 'em all at once, 50% for one minute can become 200%+ instead. I had a stack of 13 in my backpack from not paying attention, and shot up the enchanting levels in a single minute after spamming them all. :stare:

Raids give you the best power per second so I wait for a Raid and pop like 4 of them. Just recall before killing the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Kings Raid owns

What's the goon clan?