Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Deptfordx posted:

Soros is 87. I wonder who the all powerful billionaire who secretly controls the left will be once he dies.

Don't worry he set up a trust fund to continue to pay us liberal menances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Mustached Demon posted:

Don't worry he set up a trust fund to continue to pay us liberal menances.

Little known fact: Soros is himself the recipient of a generations-long trust fund going all the way back to... Karl Marx.

And now you know... the Rest of the Story. :colbert:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Holy poo poo, Freepers are doubling-down on the theory that the Senior Executive Service is Obama's "Deep State Army".

First off, I'm baffled that these people were totally unaware of the Senior Executive Service. Not that they necessarily needed to know the specific term, but how is it news to them that the government has managerial executive types running things? You can google this poo poo in ten seconds, explicit breakdowns of their pay-scales and merit bonuses are posted online, this is not some loving mystery.

The particularly weird thing is the entire point of forming the SES system in 1978 was to prevent "Deep State" issues by having more transparency, competitiveness, and a policy layer above the pure administrators that was more directly responsible to the President. That said, the SES system is set up to be 10% political appointees and 90% career employees, so you get a little bit of both worlds. So Trump is able to easily replace political appointees since he's the president, and the career folks have been in place for multiple presidential administrations and had to work competently and fairly under each one.

That does not stop Freep from becoming experts on poo poo they learned yesterday from a 30-minute YouTube video.

quote:

I'll close by offering that the "SES" (the Shadow Government) can be compared to the SS (Gestapo) of Nazi Germany as BOTH perform the same function: To quash ANY "threat" to the entrenched power structure and to thwart the provisions of the Constitution and the will of the bulk of the rapidly awakening American citizens! The only possible difference is that, SO FAR AS WE CAN PROVE, OUR SES - which was probably given that name as an inside "joke" by Carter and Zbig - has not resorted to outright violence (or has it?).

OBAMA'S DEEP STATE SECRET ARMY FOUND
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3640455/posts

Senior managerial staff in a large bureaucracy = "hard to fathom".

quote:

Very hard to fathom.
These people make me sick.
I pray everyday for America.

3 posted on 3/17/2018, 4:28:45 PM by barbarianbabs

Points for bringing actual facts to the table:

quote:

Obama’s secret army? The Senior Executive Service has been around for long before him. It started in 1978, was a big tool of Reagan. See here: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/

6 posted on 3/17/2018, 4:36:16 PM by Max Tactical (MAGA Style!)

For lack of absolutely any concrete evidence that Obama ever formed a national civilian security force, Freep concludes that the modern Gestapo consists of:

a) people protesting for the police to shoot them in a manner more proportional to white people

b) a group largely made up of 15-25yr olds in hoodies largely focused on graffiti and flyer campaigns, occasional protests where people throw fireworks at cops, and extracurriculars like feeding vegan food to the homeless.

quote:

Remember Zer0’s National Civilian Security Force? That was also the dream of the Democrat funded and Democrat run KKK the national strongarm enforcers of the Democrat Party. They have been replaced by Antifa and BLM.
And the DNC.

8 posted on 3/17/2018, 4:46:59 PM by Sasparilla ( I'm Not Tired of Winning)

I took literally 10 seconds to google it and SESs can be fired for malfeasance, misconduct, or nonfeasance, which pretty much covers the bases. Unless Freepers flat-out admit "I'm angry that competent administrators can't be fired purely due to political loyalty tests."

quote:

Pretty shocking information.

I had accepted there was a shadow government but never figured there was some formal group, this SES, that is comprised of untouchable people that are part of it....need more info.

11 posted on 3/17/2018, 4:57:05 PM by Jonny7797

I have no idea how this follows, barring some SES function that involves sending the secretarial staff of Health and Human Services out into the street with billy-clubs. Or is he talking about cops? I have no clue.

quote:

No wonder they’re going after the second amendment.

14 posted on 3/17/2018, 5:03:29 PM by Huskrrrr

Again, the SES system is capped at 10% political appointees, and pretty much any president will replace a large number of them, but can't change the 90% that got into place through a multi-decade multi-administration career in the agency.

quote:

Understand. That said, obozo used it like a rented mule and loaded the system with HIS minions. Read the first comment under the video to grasp how THAT worked. Trump’s gonna have his hands full getting THOSE anal sphincters out of the system./

16 posted on 3/17/2018, 5:11:32 PM by Dick Bachert (Why are drat near ALL the SEX FIENDS Democrats?)

Again, it's 90% career civil servants, most of whom came up during the Bush II years.

quote:

All SES civil servants that existed during the Obama regime need to go.

24 posted on 3/17/2018, 6:11:59 PM by Freedom_2_ADM

One astute Freeper noticed nobody has said anything racist for a full page, and rushes to close the gap.

However, I am glad to see that this comrade opposes the bosses being paid more than the workers, so props for solidarity!

quote:

The SES is full of affirmative action employees and the rest the stupidest White People on Earth.

Its nothing but an elite club, that gets more Goodies than the GS bunch does.

SES were supposed to go from agency to agency to be “experts” but most stay right where they are until they retire.

26 posted on 3/17/2018, 6:21:38 PM by Gasshog ( Fight climate change - Try beating the air and scream at the sky)

Oh poo poo, a youtuber said so? Better get on that poo poo!

quote:

The SES IS the deep state. One of the yourubers I subscribe to has been laying it all out. It must be dismantled.

32 posted on 3/17/2018, 6:49:18 PM by FrdmLvr

And as a highlight and a conclusion, a rare sighting of a Freeper noting that running a government is not the same thing as running a business *votes inexperienced businessman to presidency*

quote:

To some extent yes.

However I am convinced that government & commerce are inherently different. A proper and necessary action or solution in one can have the polar opposite effect in the other.

For example government doesn’t go out of business. If it fails to deliver it usually gets more resources. It is directly effected by politics. (yes businesses are too nowadays but not as directly!)

31 posted on 3/17/2018, 6:45:59 PM by Reily

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Based on a different thread, I decided to dig up what Freep has to say about the King James Bible. For those unfamiliar, there are a significant proportion of sects (mostly in the US) that claim that the KJV is not solely the most accurate bible in the English language, but the most correct bible of all time in any language, having been divinely inspired in the early 1600s. It's seriously an Islam-esque "you have corrupted the scriptures over time, so I will send you the One True Word" but instead of one prophet it's a panel of 47 Church of England scholars during the reign of James I.

I honestly expected Freep to be a bastion of KJV-Onlyism, but apparently that's not entirely the case, though they have enough opinions on it to go for 377 posts.

The Problem with KJV Onlyism

quote:

The old joke is that KJV is written in the language that Jesus spoke, and thus must be infallible. (wrong of course, but I know many who actually believe this.)

22 posted on 1/27/2018, 9:22:48 AM by richardtavor

quote:

I’ve run into a few people with this belief but IMHO KJV Onlyism is too silly for serious discussion.

23 posted on 1/27/2018, 9:23:16 AM by NRx (A man of integrity passes his father's civilization to his son, without selling it off to strangers.)

quote:

I know there are KJV only churches and attended one myself for awhile. I’m not sure that was exactly what was believed, though. To me it seemed more like the belief was that the KJV was the best English translation to use for our time and place, and that the Lord brought it about to give us a translation we could trust in. After reading other versions, it’s what I’ve settled on, but I’ll still look at other versions and Bible dictionaries and commentaries. I’ve found the KJV to be best overall because it was translated before the rejection of God by modern liberal scholars and modern society in general, and it’s also not subject to copyright. Overall, I do believe the Lord has set the KJV above the other English translations.

32 posted on 1/27/2018, 9:33:28 AM by Faith Presses On (Above all, politics should serve the Great Commission, "preparing the way for the Lord.")

This is so optimistic but so, so wrong. Or a "no true Scotsman".

quote:

Which apparently The author of this article misses. No sensible believer will accept the Ruckman/Riplinger KJVO viewpoint that somehow the KJV version is verbally inspired or infallible.

36 posted on 1/27/2018, 9:48:06 AM by imardmd1 (Fiat Lux)

This is actually A Thing, but telling that even Freep makes fun of it:

quote:

Someone on this forum, a month or 2 ago, actually said that the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic were flawed, and that KJV corrected those flaws.

57 posted on 1/27/2018, 10:31:29 AM by mountn man (The Pleasure You Get From Life, Is Equal To The Attitude You Put Into It)

Welp, Freep had a good run, but time to shut 'er down:

quote:

Onlyism of any kind never made sense.

72 posted on 1/27/2018, 11:27:52 AM by TBP (Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.)

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Moms took children to a mosque and live-streamed their hate-filled tirade

quote:

To: Trump20162020
9/11, the HELL that keeps on giving and we have done nothing significant to avenge nor stop the spread of Islamic disease.
Our reaction was predictably all wrong outside the many historic military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq (questionable in WOT,but there's no choice unless we forsake). Politicians f*cked it all up outside of that.

The longest war in American history is WOT. It will NEVER end until we quit it. The scum enemy have more patience. We are in the ultimate Catch-22.

6 posted on 3/17/2018, 11:44:47 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: shanover
They didn't eff nothing up.
Their actions ARE intentional!

The masons dont use the star and moon scimitar for symbols cause they think they look cool.

No this is just another move of an ancient evil hand.

Henry Ford's prototype auto ran off of and was made out of cannabis. But if it had been allowed the sand nazis would never have risen to wealth and power.

11 posted on 3/18/2018, 3:02:44 AM by rawcatslyentist ("All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

quote:

Henry Ford's prototype auto ran off of and was made out of cannabis. But if it had been allowed the sand nazis would never have risen to wealth and power.

11 posted on 3/18/2018, 3:02:44 AM by rawcatslyentist ("All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing")
Wanna ride in that deathtrap of a stonermobile.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Nah man, you gotta post that entire post. There is a *lot* to unpack here:

quote:

They didn't eff nothing up.

Their actions ARE intentional!

The masons dont use the star and moon scimitar for symbols cause they think they look cool.

No this is just another move of an ancient evil hand.

11 posted on 3/18/2018, 5:02:44 AM by rawcatslyentist ("All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing")

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I was momentarily heartened that at least *some* Freepers were willing to say "going into a mosque and raising a ruckus really isn't productive (or at least isn't a good look)":

quote:

That was stupid and unhelpful.

4 posted on 3/18/2018, 1:07:14 AM by lee martell

quote:

so they enter a filthy pig’s nest and go on a rant. It’s called free speech.

Actually it is called third degree burglary, a felony.

I presume their right to vote is now in jeopardy.

20 posted on 3/18/2018, 6:51:47 AM by af_vet_1981 (The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began.)

But then again you get posts like this:

quote:

Give them medals for letting the Muslim pigs know how most of us feel. I don’t care how many Muslim pigs are in government now, their fake religion is nothing short of an organized crime ring and has no place in a civilized society. Barack Hussein Obama was the vulture that crapped on the country and looted the treasury for 8 years. I would like to see these women set a trend in motion.

23 posted on 3/18/2018, 7:03:47 AM by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Google Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC ...)

So far as Muslims in government, we got two of them in Congress, so that's 0.4% representation for a community that makes up 1% of the US. Is that what he's getting at?

And I'm genuinely curious how Obama "looted the treasury". Bear in mind that Cheney gave massive no-bid contracts to Halliburton, the company he used to be the CEO of and got a $34 million departure bonus from when he left to be VP.

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 18, 2018

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Warning Message: Why We Have Climate Changes

Go ahead, guess what factor Freep thinks is key in causing climate change. Feel free to make it the goofiest guess you can. Ready? It's buttfucking.

And no, I am not just trying to be funny.

quote:

The Bible declares that "climate change" occurs because the earths inhabitants have transgressed the laws of nature, changed the ordinance of marriage, and broken God's law, the everlasting covenant. Therefore the curse is devouring the earth. Not because the common people are driving cars and running businesses. A case in point:

THE LAW OF NATURE - Genesis 1:27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Mark 10:6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. Genesis 1:28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

TRANSGRESSING THE LAWS OF NATURE - The Consenting Adult Sex Bill (Assembly Bill 489) is a consenting adult law, passed in California in 1975 and effective in January 1976, that repealed the sodomy law in California so that it applied only in criminal situations and made gay sex legal for the first time.[1] George Moscone, an early proponent of gay rights, in conjunction with his friend and ally in the Assembly, Willie Brown, managed to get the bill passed, 21-20, repealing the existing Californian laws against sodomy. The amendment was signed into law by California Governor Jerry Brown.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I honestly expected Freep to be a bastion of KJV-Onlyism, but apparently that's not entirely the case, though they have enough opinions on it to go for 377 posts.

The Problem with KJV Onlyism

This actually doesn't surprise me that much, since KJV-Onlyism is the most popular among Baptist sects that make hatred of Catholicism a core tenant. It's their attempt to "claim" a version of the Bible that is free from all evil antichrist Catholic Illuminati influence. Freep seems to be pretty tolerant of Catholicism, in a "oh we'll bicker with one another, but at the end of the day we still hate gay people so I guess we're in this together" sense.

Fun fact, the Independent Fundamentalist Baptists, the most-prominent voices in the KJV-Only movement, believe that we live in the world of Assassin's Creed, only replace "Assassin" with "Baptist" and "Templar" with "Catholic". Everything in the world can be boiled down to the Baptist forces fighting evil Catholic influences. The American Revolution? Baptist patriots fighting back against Catholic oppressors. The Crusades? Well, Islam was an evil cult created by the Catholics, so any time the forces of Christianity won, it was thanks to the Baptists, but when they lost, it was due to the Catholics. 9/11? Oh I just know the Catholics are behind it somehow.

KJV-Onlyism is crazy and stupid, yeah, but not Freep's specific strain of crazy and stupid.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Awesome, now they're calling "false flag" on the chubby gits who filmed themselves tearing down flyers at a mosque.

Then the oh-so-telling comment:

quote:

“May be libs acting like Trump supporters just to make them look bad.”

In what way were they acting like Trump supporters?

Please elaborate.

43 posted on 3/18/2018, 10:09:58 AM by Blue House Sue

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jojoinnit posted:

Wanna ride in that deathtrap of a stonermobile.
I think they've confused Henry Ford with the plot of the first Cheech and Chong movie.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Guavanaut posted:

I think they've confused Henry Ford with the plot of the first Cheech and Chong movie.

Look, most Freepers only started smoking da kine since their state legalized it and their arthritis has been acting up, so they're still working on the basics of stoner culture.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

quote:

To: Trump20162020
9/11, the HELL that keeps on giving and we have done nothing significant to avenge nor stop the spread of Islamic disease.
Our reaction was predictably all wrong outside the many historic military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq (questionable in WOT,but there's no choice unless we forsake). Politicians f*cked it all up outside of that.

The longest war in American history is WOT. It will NEVER end until we quit it. The scum enemy have more patience. We are in the ultimate Catch-22.

6 posted on 3/17/2018, 11:44:47 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)
Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

Is this a sig quote from the Dilbert guy? :psyduck:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Samuel, not Scott, I guess. Whether either ever said that is a different matter.

He did say this though, which is a nice summary of Freep:

Sam Adams posted:

We must not conclude merely upon a man's haranguing upon liberty, and using the charming sound, that he is fit to be trusted with the liberties of his country. It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their own liberty, to oppress without control or the restraint of laws all who are poorer or weaker than themselves.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
Ah, that makes more sense. As a non-American I am more familiar with Sam's work in the brewing industry than as a statesman.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

upsidedown posted:

Ah, that makes more sense. As a non-American I am more familiar with Sam's work in the brewing industry than as a statesman.

The man knew how to play to his audience...

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I love seeing one Freeper punk another:

quote:

An affront, that is all it was, to a criminal organization may be against the law, but so what. There was nothing wrong with it. Do you know there are 20 million foreign criminals running free in our country? These women deserve a medal for taking a stand.

49 posted on 3/18/2018, 12:35:12 PM by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Google Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC ...)

quote:

Are you going to do the same as they did ?

51 posted on 3/18/2018, 12:38:32 PM by af_vet_1981 (The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began.)

quote:

To: af_vet_1981

I have confronted Muslim pigs demonstrating on a college campus. Three feet from their faces and the cops protected them, otherwise it was close to a brawl. So, yes.

52 posted on 3/18/2018, 12:42:03 PM by Neoliberalnot (MSM is our greatest threat. Disney, Comcast, Google Hollywood, NYTimes, WaPo, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC ...)

quote:

To: Neoliberalnot
I have confronted Muslim pigs demonstrating on a college campus. Three feet from their faces and the cops protected them, otherwise it was close to a brawl. So, yes.

No; what a farce;

55 posted on 3/18/2018, 12:56:52 PM by af_vet_1981 (The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began.)

I will also admit I am ever-so-slightly pleased that the Afghan Vet comes out the less-lovely of two Freepers.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

"" posted:

Give them medals for letting the Muslim pigs know how most of us feel.

"" posted:

“May be libs acting like Trump supporters just to make them look bad.”

In what way were they acting like Trump supporters?

Please elaborate.

This combo is so "Freep in a nutshell" that there should be a term for it.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

This actually doesn't surprise me that much, since KJV-Onlyism is the most popular among Baptist sects that make hatred of Catholicism a core tenant. It's their attempt to "claim" a version of the Bible that is free from all evil antichrist Catholic Illuminati influence. Freep seems to be pretty tolerant of Catholicism, in a "oh we'll bicker with one another, but at the end of the day we still hate gay people so I guess we're in this together" sense.
KJV-Onlyism is crazy and stupid, yeah, but not Freep's specific strain of crazy and stupid.

It is, however, totally Chick Tracts' jam: https://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp

Wikipedia has a great list of the spectrum of KJV support, and Chick is way down on the last, crazy rung:

quote:

--"I Like the KJV Best" – Although White lists this point of view as a subdivision of the KJVO group, this is disputed by some. This group simply regards the KJV as a very good translation and prefers it over other translations because the church they attend uses it, has always used it, or prefers its style.

--"The Textual Argument" – This group believes that the KJV's Hebrew and Greek textual base is more accurate than the alternative texts used by newer translations. Many in this group might accept a modern Bible version based on the same Greek and Hebrew manuscripts used for the KJV. White claims Zane C. Hodges is a member of this group.[2] Hodges considers that the Majority Text "corrects" the Received Text.

--"Received Text Only"/"Textus Receptus Only" – This group holds the position that the traditional Greek texts represented in the Textus Receptus are supernaturally (or providentially) preserved and that other Greek manuscripts not used in this compilation may be flawed. The KJV is viewed as an exemplary English translation that is based on this Greek grouping of Bible manuscripts put together by Desiderius Erasmus, but it is also believed that other translations based on these texts have the potential to be of equal quality. The views of the Trinitarian Bible Society fit into this TRO division. The Trinitarian Bible Society does not believe that the Authorized Version (KJV) is a perfect translation, only that it is the best available translation in the English language.[3] The Society believes this text is superior to the texts used by the United Bible Societies and other Bible publishers, which use texts that incorporate as their basis a relatively few manuscripts from the 4th century, and some going back to the early 2nd century.[4]

--"The Inspired KJV Group" – This faction believes that the KJV itself was divinely inspired. They view the translation to be an English preservation of the very words of God and that they are as accurate as the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts found in its underlying texts. Often this group excludes other English versions based on the same manuscripts, claiming that the KJV is the only English Bible sanctioned by God. They believe that this English translation should never be changed.

--"The KJV As New Revelation" – This group claims that the KJV is a "new revelation" or "advanced revelation" from God, and it should be the standard from which all other translations originate. Adherents to this belief may also believe that the original languages, Hebrew and Greek, can be corrected by the KJV. This view is often called "Ruckmanism" after Peter Ruckman, a staunch advocate of this view.

I know it's mainly Islam's thing to be really uptight about the Finality of Prophethood and any post-Muhammad prophets are fakes, but I can't imagine that a post-Jesus New Revelation isn't seen as heretical by some other Christians. That's edging weirdly close to Mormonism, of all things.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Tony Phillips posted:

"Like a scrotum/ here's Freep in a nutshell"?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Onlyism of any kind never made sense.

72 posted on 1/27/2018, 11:27:52 AM by TBP (Progressives lack compassion and tolerance. Their self-aggrandizement is all that matters.)

Yeah, the irony of this post from freep is just magnificent

Warning Message: Why We Have Climate Changes

Go ahead, guess what factor Freep thinks is key in causing climate change. Feel free to make it the goofiest guess you can. Ready? It's buttfucking.

And no, I am not just trying to be funny.

If they want to be biblical, I believe the bible says it's more because we weren't good stewards of the earth like it said we're supposed to be

Tony Phillips posted:

freepy

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 18, 2018

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

upsidedown posted:

Living near Boston, I have on occasion been at a bar drinking a Sam Adams while looking out window at the grave of Sam Adams. :c00lbutt:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

SocketWrench posted:

If they want to be biblical, I believe the bible says it's more because we weren't good stewards of the earth like it said we're supposed to be

Ezekiel 16:49 also defines the sin of Sodom as: Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

But good luck convincing them that being nice to poor people and not being a lazy fat rear end in a top hat is the key takeaway of Sodom getting firebombed.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

The link that follows is some not-insane analysis of the executive branch if you are interested. I enjoyed skimming this and plan to read the whole thing and keep an eye out for the 2nd edition.

https://www.acus.gov/research-projects/federal-executive-establishment

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

"Hypocracy" is, I believe, the term you are looking for.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Cactus posted:

"Hypocracy" is, I believe, the term you are looking for.

I can't tell if this is a clever pun or a spelling error.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I can't tell if this is a clever pun or a spelling error.

I'm just a bad speller sorry. Wish I'd thought of that but I'd be lying if I took credit.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Cactus posted:

I'm just a bad speller sorry.

Dude, you had easily 20 minutes to come up with a clever pun to excuse your booboo.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Dude, you had easily 20 minutes to come up with a clever pun to excuse your booboo.

I'm just not that sharp.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I will also admit I am ever-so-slightly pleased that the Afghan Vet comes out the less-lovely of two Freepers.

Is that not "air force vet"?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Karma Comedian posted:

Is that not "air force vet"?

Leave me my illusions...

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

jojoinnit posted:

Seconding this, they've already begun with this stuff. Once Soros passes away it'll all be about secret Bezos payments funding everything they don't like.

Dunno who comes after Bezos but based on the pattern so far let's keep an eye out for a guy with a vaguely Greek name with an eye for leftist politics and a knack for capitalism.

I've already been hearing it too - I've heard a couple of right wingers talk about finding Amazon alternatives so they don't have to support Bezos/WaPo/Marxists

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

paternity suitor posted:

I've already been hearing it too - I've heard a couple of right wingers talk about finding Amazon alternatives so they don't have to support Bezos/WaPo/Marxists

Ozon

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/03/12/why-democrats-would-lose-the-second-civil-war-too-n2459833

Not FReep, but related to CW2 chat.

quote:

It’s obvious that the central tenet of the Democrat Party platform is now hatred and contempt for Normal Americans.

It's a great read

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Donald Trump Proposes Death Penalty for Drug Traffickers, Wall To Keep the drat Drugs Out

Literally the first reply is for heads on pikes

quote:

To: Enlightened1

Make sure to install spikes on the top of the wall so we can place their heads on them too, this will deter them!

2 posted on 3/19/2018, 3:36:33 PM by klimeckg

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: klimeckg

Hey I like that idea. It will feed the local wild life and then turn to skulls afterwards.

3 posted on 3/19/2018, 3:39:23 PM by Enlightened1

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

The Democrats will eventually agree to build a wall to keep the drugs out? LMAO, they love their drugs as much as they love illegal immigrants!!! ;)

5 posted on 3/19/2018, 3:50:13 PM by Frank_2001

Did somebody say Bergdahl?

quote:

Good idea. Maybe a second chance at the traitor Bergdahl, who has more recently been arrested for involvement with drug trafficing.

7 posted on 3/19/2018, 3:55:57 PM by Reno89519 (Americans Are Dreamers, Too! No to Amnesty, Yes to Catch-and-Deport, and Yes to E-Verify.)

Well if it works for Singapore...

quote:

When I was on vacation in Singapore, there were visible large sign-posts everywhere declaring death sentence for convicted drug peddlers. Singapore has no drug problem!

9 posted on 3/19/2018, 4:04:44 PM by entropy12 (30 Million low wealth, low skill LEGAL chain migrants in 25 years is growing EXPONENTIALLY..)

Leave my weed alone! :420:

quote:

All good ideas if properly implemented in the law.

By Congress.

I can support the death penalty of major dealers of drugs that kill...cocaine, meth, opioids etc.

But not for pot. Not even major dealers.

Pablo Escobar, yes.

The hippie down the street, no.

10 posted on 3/19/2018, 4:07:05 PM by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: DoodleDawg

" The wall is not going to end drugs coming into the country or even put a dent in it."

I have word that military transport jets are flying in illegal drugs into Fr. Lewis AFB in Tacoma, Washington. What does that say to the problem? Pockets are being lined. Officials are turning a blind eye, blinded by the color of greeeeeeeeeeeen! 

17 posted on 3/19/2018, 4:33:00 PM by jonrick46 (Trump continues to have all the right enemies.)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]
(PS - Ft. Lewis is an Army base that shares land with McChord Air Force base. :eng101:)

I know we joke about Freepers want to throw people into woodchippers but Jesus Christ.

quote:

Hell yeah! Give’ em the wood chipper!

24 posted on 3/19/2018, 5:15:07 PM by TheGunny

Now that is something I can get behind.

quote:

I fine this harsh treatment and punishment for drug traffickers but we should add sex/human traffickers to the list!!!!!!!!!!

25 posted on 3/19/2018, 5:19:12 PM by Carbonsteel

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

(PS - Ft. Lewis is an Army base that shares land with McChord Air Force base. :eng101:)

I was about to get all :goonsay: about Joint Base Lewis McChord

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Authorities: Bombing suspect was Pflugerville resident Mark A. Conditt

So they got the Austin Bomber and turned out to be an angry young white dude, shockingly enough.

quote:

To: Blue House Sue

The devil got him.

3 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:42:06 AM by jetson

quote:

To: jetson

“The devil got him.”

His own bomb got him, disarmed him and took off a leg as well.

8 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:43:52 AM by Blue House Sue

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

False Flag!

quote:

This reeks of false flag. Conveniently dead, social media scrubbed, Trump type narrative

7 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:43:31 AM by over3Owithabrain

No bet.

quote:

who wants to bet its an antifa-supporting, never-Trumper?

9 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:44:57 AM by Mr. K (No consequence of repealing Obamacare is worse than Obamacare itself.)

quote:

Jerry Rivers this morning threw out the “Tim McVeigh” meme. Wonder if that’s going to be the narrative for this thing as well. It may have helped one Clinton in 1993, but it’s not going to help another Clinton in 2018.

11 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:46:22 AM by Tench_Coxe

quote:

I call Bulls hit! Investigate the local FBI involvement.

12 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:46:46 AM by Souled_Out (Our hope is in the power of God working through the hearts of people.)

quote:

Sounds like maybe they finally found their scapegoat.

White, homeschooled, good family.

So what in the world went wrong with this kid?

Sadly, I know several good kids from good homes who have gone pretty loopy in the last couple years.

The constant barrage of communism and hatred burns in their still young brains and destroys them.

17 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:49:19 AM by cyclotic (Trump tweets are the only news source you can trust.)

The most persecuted group in the history of the world.

quote:

To: cyclotic

Nothing is more reviled in our sick society than a white boy.

25 posted on 3/21/2018, 6:54:31 AM by TTFlyer

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

With all the obvious dangers of attending public school, this is going to be turned into an excuse for banning home schooling. in 3... 2... 1...

32 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:00:10 AM by j_guru

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: over3Owithabrain

This reeks of false flag. Conveniently dead, social media scrubbed, Trump type narrative.

Exactly. No telling if the deceased "suspect" even is the bomber, or if it's just a convenient way to end the false flag operation. As noted in Vegas and Parkland, the left has NO qualms about killing innocent people to advance their cause. 

35 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:04:33 AM by meyer (The Constitution says what it says, and it doesn't say what it doesn't say.)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

:thunk:

quote:

To: TTFlyer

Call me crazy, but I don’t think we would actually see sympathy for this kid if he was a Muslim.

45 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:16:34 AM by bigdaddy45

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

If he is the “white conservative” terrorist that reports allude to, counting Timothy McVeigh and any others I can’t recall, that makes how many out of dozens of mass murderers/domestic terrorists in the last few decades that were not leftists?

46 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:17:23 AM by Blue Collar Christian (Socialism is for losers.)

quote:

To: bigdaddy45

How do we know he isn’t Moslim?

Gaming is a big way that Moslims find new adherents

48 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:25:55 AM by Chickensoup (Leftists today are speaking as if they plan to commence to commit genocide against conservatives.)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Chickensoup

Many mosques & Islamic schools in Austin!

81 posted on 3/21/2018, 8:26:18 AM by Lopeover ( The 2016 Election is about allegiance to the United States!)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

:irony:

quote:

We are better than this. If he is indeed a “conservative” we accept it and don’t need to be defensive. The leftists go through hoops to avoid any association when one of “theirs” does crap like this guy did. We hold people accountable, unlike the other side.

51 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:36:52 AM by StolarStorm

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 48 | View Replies]

Ahahaha! :allears:

quote:

To: over3Owithabrain

This reeks of false flag. Conveniently dead, social media scrubbed, Trump type narrative

This place cracks me up sometimes.

"One of these days white men are going to get fed up with all the crap they have to put up with and there's going to be hell to pay!"

White man gets pissed off and blows up stuff.

"Antifa!! Antifa!!! False flag!!! Facebook scrubbed!!!" 

65 posted on 3/21/2018, 7:56:46 AM by Drew68

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Souled_Out

Call me tinfoil, but from early on, I suspected it was being staged by the FBI, to distract us rubes from the cracking in the DC Swamp Dam.

68 posted on 3/21/2018, 8:02:02 AM by Tucker39 ("It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." George Washington)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

quote:

To: TTFlyer

Is it possible he realized that as a white, Christian, heterosexual male he is being smothered by laws and policies against him and in favor of affirmative action and other protected groups?

82 posted on 3/21/2018, 8:27:18 AM by ActresponsiblyinVA

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
most importantly:

quote:

To: conservative98

"Free Republic" was on the Blog list on this blog page.

17 posted on 3/21/2018, 12:36:33 PM by caligatrux (Rage, rage against the dying of the light.)

quote:

To: conservative98; caligatrux
Wow. I wonder what his FReep handle was?

32 posted on 3/21/2018, 12:44:45 PM by Responsibility2nd

quote:

To: madison10
When was the last time a conservative shot up or bombed anything OTHER than when he or she was in the military?
Given the climate in the country today, it's not out of the realm of possibility that violence can come from all sides.

I don't know why people here are so quick to dismiss this, so quick to blame, without any evidence, Antifa, Muslims, whatnot while at the same time saying, "One of these days white conservative men are going to have had enough and there's gonna be hell to pay!"

40 posted on 3/21/2018, 12:51:53 PM by Drew68

quote:

To: lastchance
If he weren’t a serial killer I’d say you were more likely to be right.

53 posted on 3/21/2018, 1:11:02 PM by Moonman62 (Make America Great Again!)

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So the QAnon believers seem to keep to their own thread there but apparently Q 'predicted' when the Austin bomber would be caught.