Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Bring Back the bone frills

Sure I mean you could have a story where she some how crosses over to DC and steal an unused Vixen costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Lobok posted:

Logan's Canadian so she can be Wolverine and he can be Woulverine.

Alberta ain't French my friend. :clint: (but Canadian)

We're more wannabe confederate racists than French.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It was a joke about british spelling of things, not french.

Although Logan was once intended to be a hardcore Quebec separatist. I think the idea was nixed due to the FLQ constantly killing people.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

It was a joke about british spelling of things, not french.

Although Logan was once intended to be a hardcore Quebec separatist. I think the idea was nixed due to the FLQ constantly killing people.

When was this? It was established pretty early that he worked for Alpha Flight. It'd make sense that he wasn't a huge fan of Canada's central government given how loving shady it is in the 616, but he was a government agent. I can't imagine there's a lot of Basque separatists in whatever the Spanish equivalent of Alpha Flight would be, and I missed the Catholic from Dublin in Captain Britain and the MI-5.

Does Logan even speak French?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The FLQ was done 4 years before Wolverine’s first appearance and killed about 8 people. Not sure the relation.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Mr Hootington posted:

Tiny Slashy Bub

Lil Bub.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

When was this? It was established pretty early that he worked for Alpha Flight. It'd make sense that he wasn't a huge fan of Canada's central government given how loving shady it is in the 616, but he was a government agent. I can't imagine there's a lot of Basque separatists in whatever the Spanish equivalent of Alpha Flight would be, and I missed the Catholic from Dublin in Captain Britain and the MI-5.

Does Logan even speak French?

This was before he even saw publication, I think. It was before they gave him a basic origin but after they scrapped "hyper-evolved wolverine". I could be wrong about the timeline. I think the idea was that he wouldn't be too happy working with Alpha Flight, a concept they later recycled for Northstar, who was an outright terrorist before joining the team.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Aw, I liked his run. I didn't love it, but the Avengers/Defenders war is a good time.

I also really like Englehart's origin story for Vision back in the day. And then, of course, Byrne had to gently caress it all up.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skwirl posted:

When was this? It was established pretty early that he worked for Alpha Flight. It'd make sense that he wasn't a huge fan of Canada's central government given how loving shady it is in the 616, but he was a government agent. I can't imagine there's a lot of Basque separatists in whatever the Spanish equivalent of Alpha Flight would be, and I missed the Catholic from Dublin West Belfast in Captain Britain and the MI-5.

More accurate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Le snikt
Le bub

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

She should become Wolverine's rival, get a green and white costume, and call herself Spartan.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm making my way through Sunspot's New Avengers series (the one with Wiccan, Squirrel Girl, etc). One question: does this take place after Secret Wars?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

U.S.Avengers? Yeah.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah, Roberto buys aim like halfway into Hickman's avengers and the book starring his team was one of the new post-sw avengers titles

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

Yeah, Roberto buys aim like halfway into Hickman's avengers and the book starring his team was one of the new post-sw avengers titles

The New Avengers series that starts off with the Maker? Not the USAvengers one.

Okay cool. I was a little confused. I remember him buying AIM in Hickman's run.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pubic works project posted:

The New Avengers series that starts off with the Maker? Not the USAvengers one.

Okay cool. I was a little confused. I remember him buying AIM in Hickman's run.

Yeah, USAvengers is a direct follow up to Ewing's New Avengers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, USAvengers is a direct follow up to Ewing's New Avengers.

Okay cool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Sorry, I can't keep all those titles straight.

Was it Captain America and the Mighty Avengers with that heart wrenching lead in to Secret Wars?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Sorry, I can't keep all those titles straight.

Was it Captain America and the Mighty Avengers with that heart wrenching lead in to Secret Wars?

That's the one, Ewing's Mighty Avengers was launched out of the Infinity crossover during Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run, that was relaunched as Captain America and the Mighty Avengers (and this was during the Axis event in Uncanny Avengers so half the characters are huge jerks for no apparent reason at the start unless you're reading that), Secret Wars happens and New Avengers (and Ultimates if you want more Monica Rambeau and Blue Marvel) launch after that, then USAvengers comes next.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

When Cyclops was in his mutant extremist phase, didn't he have a crossed arm X salute he did once or twice, or am I remembering wrong? Google was no help, so maybe I'm imagining it. The Future Fight game has people lobbying for Black Panther to get his Wakanda Forever salute as his victory pose. They are adding a new Cyclops costume next patch so I was going to joke that he'll get the pose first, but I couldn't find any pics to back it up or see how close it was.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bagrada posted:

When Cyclops was in his mutant extremist phase, didn't he have a crossed arm X salute he did once or twice, or am I remembering wrong? Google was no help, so maybe I'm imagining it. The Future Fight game has people lobbying for Black Panther to get his Wakanda Forever salute as his victory pose. They are adding a new Cyclops costume next patch so I was going to joke that he'll get the pose first, but I couldn't find any pics to back it up or see how close it was.

No you're remembering right. I believe it was first done in an AvX aftermath issue.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No you're remembering right. I believe it was first done in an AvX aftermath issue.

Thanks, I'll have to check those when I get home later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bagrada posted:

Thanks, I'll have to check those when I get home later.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Hah fair enough not the same as wakanda then. Cheers.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's so embarrassing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

It's so embarrassing.

That was a really fitting end to a terrible event. We all just facepalmed over it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

It looks much cooler here.

https://twitter.com/RaeBeta/status/975794610281820161?s=19

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Little Mac posted:

Man, Duggan's Deadpool is a hard read right now. I'm... not sure if I even like it. It feels like watching someone abuse their dog or something. It's not funny or introspective, it's just Wade self-harming on a grand scale. :/

Yeah at this point I'd honestly prefer it if Wade got killed off for a couple years, cause it doesn't really seem like Deadpool is going to be left in a usable position anyways(or at least one that would make for a good book rather than the same old "Deadpool's life is awful" dreck)

twistedmentat posted:

I always assumed that she and Kate, Doreen, America and like all the young women in marvel were around 19 or 20 at the most. Its always weird when they state someones age. Like in the Scarlet Witch solo book Wanda was stated to be 26.

I'd have to double check but I think Doreen turned 21 recently in her ongoing

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah at this point I'd honestly prefer it if Wade got killed off for a couple years, cause it doesn't really seem like Deadpool is going to be left in a usable position anyways(or at least one that would make for a good book rather than the same old "Deadpool's life is awful" dreck)

Anyone wanna spoiltext what's been going on in Deadpool? I dropped it when it was becoming all about the steady unraveling of his marriage to a monster-lady I didn't care about to begin with.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Diet Poison posted:

Anyone wanna spoiltext what's been going on in Deadpool? I dropped it when it was becoming all about the steady unraveling of his marriage to a monster-lady I didn't care about to begin with.

:siren:Deadpool wound up killing Phil Coulson on Nazi Cap's orders, and Emily Preston confronted him about it. So Wade took her out too, though it's yet to be determined if she's permanently gone. Meanwhile, Wade owes Stryfe for helping cure some of his friends who nearly died to an incurable disease. The terms of Stryfe's deal was that Wade would need to kill 4 people for him, the people in question would be determined later. So where we're at in this story, Wade has resigned himself to killing these four people, including Cable and Evan Sabahnur, while friends try to reach out to him and convince him to turn himself in. All the while, Wade is convincing himself that this is the way everything always works, and while he isn't happy with everything he at least is certain his daughter is safe.:siren:

Basically...Deadpool did a bad thing, which lead to worse things, and with every chapter his friends and loved ones try to reach out to him and get him back on the right path. He instead Deadpools and makes things increasingly worse for everyone.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

... Why is he doing the salute when only hank is there?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I havn't read the story but I assume theres like a half dozen D-lister mutants awkwardly clapping infront of him

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I havn't read the story but I assume theres like a half dozen D-lister mutants awkwardly clapping infront of him

No he's alone and just doing it like the saddest and most out of touch dude in the world for no reason.

So, you know, same ol Summers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Monaghan posted:

Hank's like "okay Scott, you can stop now, you're embarrassing yourself".

drrockso20 posted:

Yea, that happened fairly recently If I remember.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Monaghan posted:

Because he's rubbing the fact that he was right into Hank's face since Hank is a loving loser.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was cool how Bendis' Cyke team book seemed to care a whole lot more about a guy named Goldballs than his whole revolutionary leader thing.
Maybe that's just what I took from the comic.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Mulva posted:

No he's alone and just doing it like the saddest and most out of touch dude in the world for no reason.

So, you know, same ol Summers.

I seem to recall that being broadcast on TV? Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah there were news crews outside.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

y'all Cyclops-hatin' mfers are going to get it!!! :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

pubic works project posted:

y'all Cyclops-hatin' mfers are going to get it!!! :doom:

Cyclops will never be cool.

Never

• Locked thread