Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

mummynapkin posted:

Today, I made an SA account and I'll be seeing They Might Be Giants live. Not too shabby if you ask me.

:hellyeah: welcome! Do you have any pets, hobbies, crimes, dark mysterious past?

what's your fav tmbg song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mummy Napkin

alnilam posted:

:hellyeah: welcome! Do you have any pets, hobbies, crimes, dark mysterious past?

what's your fav tmbg song

Oh, I've got all of the above. Specifically, I have a chocolate lab and I enjoy writing/reading. I'm not at liberty to go any further.

My fave song? That's tough. Lucky Ball and Chain from Flood is prob my fave. I'm assuming you're a fan as well. Fave album/song?

City of Glompton

hello mummynapkin welcome

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
soon Al will be crafting his own quern.

actually a club for dwarf fortress roll playing sounds kind of fun...Dibs on Tailordwarf!

DavidAlltheTime

All David...all the TIME!

mummynapkin posted:

Oh, I've got all of the above. Specifically, I have a chocolate lab and I enjoy writing/reading. I'm not at liberty to go any further.

My fave song? That's tough. Lucky Ball and Chain from Flood is prob my fave. I'm assuming you're a fan as well. Fave album/song?

Welcome to yobsterland. What kinds of things do you like to write?

Mummy Napkin

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Welcome to yobsterland. What kinds of things do you like to write?

Thanks for all the welcomes errybody! Mainly poetry and short stories. Working on a goofy children's book right now. Mainly just a failed poet honestly.

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Good lord there are still new people coming to SA? Welcome and enjoy the show! Let me know if they resolve any Asia Minor city naming controverseys.

Korean food was excellent, finished St Paddy's with wine and some weed and vidya games. Now, its :coffeepal: time with some aeropress goodness. Managed to not make a complete mess!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Yesterday I had a terrible headache and upset stomach, so I figured I might as well do my taxes. I mean, doing my taxes always gives me a headache anyway, so why not?
This morning my taxes are done and my headache is gone.
:coffeepal:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Barking Gecko posted:

Yesterday I had a terrible headache and upset stomach, so I figured I might as well do my taxes. I mean, doing my taxes always gives me a headache anyway, so why not?
This morning my taxes are done and my headache is gone.

Another BYOB success story!

mummynapkin posted:

Today, I made an SA account and I'll be seeing They Might Be Giants live. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Bilirubin posted:

Good lord there are still new people coming to SA? Welcome and enjoy the show! Let me know if they resolve any Asia Minor city naming controverseys.

Korean food was excellent, finished St Paddy's with wine and some weed and vidya games. Now, its :coffeepal: time with some aeropress goodness. Managed to not make a complete mess!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

alnilam

mummynapkin posted:

Actually i don't know them that well but i like them! Flood is the only entire album I've heard and it's good

Mummy Napkin

alnilam posted:

Actually i don't know them that well but i like them! Flood is the only entire album I've heard and it's good

Ah, you've gotta listen to Lincoln! I like it even more than Flood and Flood is almost perfect.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

alnilam posted:

today i am going to drink beer and fish
That does not sound like a good mix, but I suppose drinking vodka and an olive sounded bad too the first time.

Beet Wagon

I'm making a huge batch of pierogies today to pop in my freezer for dinner this week. It's strangely super relaxing.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm making a huge batch of pierogies today to pop in my freezer for dinner this week. It's strangely super relaxing.
I always find making a big batch of foods stressful because I'm immediately worried that the batch is not going to be big enough and I'm just going to eat it all like a pacman.
Edit: and then I calm down by doing some stress eating and oh no. :(

FluffieDuckie

roomforthetuna posted:

I always find making a big batch of foods stressful because I'm immediately worried that the batch is not going to be big enough and I'm just going to eat it all like a pacman.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Beet Wagon

roomforthetuna posted:

Sometimes a batch of stuff doesn't even make it into the freezer when I'm pre-making meals haha. Like fully half of the breakfast burritos I made yesterday ended up being "right now" food instead of "later, you idiot" food. Oops.

roomforthetuna

Yesterday I made some spinach dip from a recipe, while my wife was cleaning the kitchen. I told her she had to stop cleaning now because the recipe says we have to chill for two hours.

cda

by Hand Knit

mummynapkin posted:

For me it's Dead but my favorite album as a whole is probably John Henry which I know is not a popular choice.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
My job decided that we should be open on Sundays. We are a service company that goes on site where we're needed. We are woefully unequipped to be operating on Sundays. All but one of our guys is off today. That one guy who's suppose to be working had his car break down over the weekend.

So every job we get we're trying to pass the jobs to other companies. But they're not used to getting jobs from us on Sundays so they're staffed for the jobs they normally get.

So I'm pretty much just getting paid overtime to tell customers we can't help them.

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

hold my beer

hold my fish

FluffieDuckie

roomforthetuna posted:

Yesterday I made some spinach dip from a recipe, while my wife was cleaning the kitchen. I told her she had to stop cleaning now because the recipe says we have to chill for two hours.

Jaded Burnout

Today has been busy as all poo poo but my mountain of recyclables is dealt with, my monitor is mounted to the wall, and my rat cage now lives on my desk so the ratties can play with me while I'm working and chilling. As soon as they get used to their home moving across the room, that is.

FluffieDuckie

Jaded Burnout posted:

Today has been busy as all poo poo but my mountain of recyclables is dealt with, my monitor is mounted to the wall, and my rat cage now lives on my desk so the ratties can play with me while I'm working and chilling. As soon as they get used to their home moving across the room, that is.

Productive days are good.

wearing a lampshade

Taking our dog on a hike. Made some palaak paneer that turned reeeaaal good. Good Sunday.

City of Glompton

i had breakfast at a local place that cures their own bacon and makes their own sourdough pancakes, bread, scones, etc. they also sent us out the door with to-go cups of coffee because that is their thing, if you buy coffee with breakfast you get some when you leave too.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

i had breakfast at a local place that cures their own bacon and makes their own sourdough pancakes, bread, scones, etc. they also sent us out the door with to-go cups of coffee because that is their thing, if you buy coffee with breakfast you get some when you leave too.

Whoa. I live in the sourdough capital and I’ve never heard of sourdough pancakes

Caganer
exciting news guys: i can't poop!

i feel like i need to, but i don't!

i ate a bunch of prunes and diet mountain dew, let's see what happens

-

not ready

Caganer posted:

eating some olive oil or greasy dinner food always works for me.

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

this does sound pretty magical

breakfast places that are stingy with coffee make me sad

roomforthetuna

I asked those puzzle people how they made the puzzle because it seemed so ridiculously hard to make, and it turns out the answer is someone made a crazy program for puzzle-making called qxw. Mystery solved, the puzzle maker isn't some kind of alien mastermind, instead the person who wrote this program is some kind of ultra alien mastermind.

Caganer

not ready posted:

eating some olive oil or greasy dinner food always works for me.

i may get wendys for dinner maybe a baconator will help

-

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

roomforthetuna posted:

I asked those puzzle people how they made the puzzle because it seemed so ridiculously hard to make, and it turns out the answer is someone made a crazy program for puzzle-making called qxw. Mystery solved, the puzzle maker isn't some kind of alien mastermind, instead the person who wrote this program is some kind of ultra alien mastermind.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
I wrote 12 pages in 6 hours.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

cda posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKNZku6fuc&t=20s

Robot Made of Meat

Caganer posted:

Didn't we have a 'Yobber who had to go to the hospital because they couldn't poop a while back?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Macnult

cda posted:

Nice what’d you write about?

Scathach

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

hiya mummynapkin! welcome to the cool subforum! also check PYF out.

today we got the common area wired up and now we have lights! the toilets, showers, and washer/dryer are also in working order because now there's more than the five of us and everyone can't use the main house for schtuff.

now we need a hot water heater.

Manifisto

Scathach posted:

now we need a hot water heater.

if those miscreants install a cold water heater instead leonard j crabs is ready to SUE SUE SUE

Papa Was A Video Toaster

<<<I did a gange tage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

I do not heat hot water. It seems pointless.

Not sure how that's much different from the rest of my life, but I guess you gotta draw the line somewhere.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!