Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Agoat posted:

Kings Raid owns

What's the goon clan?

"Goonsquad", have 2 spots free still. Though there are some non-active people I can kick if we get another wave of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

For tap wizard, what's the ideal way to spend the premium currency that seems super slow to accumulate? Get a helper at 500, or one of the power ups from that other tab? There's so much going on that asks for money I'm trying to avoid spending, hah.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 19, 2018

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nighthand posted:

For tap wizard, what's the ideal way to spend the premium currency that seems super slow to accumulate? Get a helper at 500, or one of the power ups from that other tab? There's so much going on that asks for money I'm trying to avoid spending, hah.

I went with the Rachael assistant. I'm not sure if that is optimal, but a free spell with full 100% exp every 10 seconds isn't bad. Especially when she does a summon.

Also you can set how many tempered magic you want on in the settings. So I have been avoiding them until my magic speed is at 100%. However you can do the research and turn off a level. That way you can always be doing three researches at the same time.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Nighthand posted:

Is there any way to get this stuff faster beyond spending it's been a few days now and I have like 40.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

DemonMage posted:

"Goonsquad", have 2 spots free still. Though there are some non-active people I can kick if we get another wave of people.

You rock. I applied.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

socialsecurity posted:

Is there any way to get this stuff faster beyond spending it's been a few days now and I have like 40.

Pretty sure it only drops from raids

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Shwqa posted:

I went with the Rachael assistant. I'm not sure if that is optimal, but a free spell with full 100% exp every 10 seconds isn't bad. Especially when she does a summon.

Also you can set how many tempered magic you want on in the settings. So I have been avoiding them until my magic speed is at 100%. However you can do the research and turn off a level. That way you can always be doing three researches at the same time.

Never avoid tempered magic. This is a trap except for maybe one specific spell build. It's not only a dose boost, but armor in this game is a flat reduction of damage down to a minimum of 5% of the original damage. Even if you can't slower than base speed it's still always better to take as many levels as are offered.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I'm really into tap wizard but super bummed out that 3 spellstones in a row have been duplicates when I still have over half the spells left to unlock. Is there a way to get spellstones faster later on? I know you can get "pure" stones or whatever that let you pick the spell, are those available through gameplay or only by purchasing?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm playing Battle Cats and for some reason I can't increase my money cap. The button to raise the cap costs $360 but my bank is capped at $300 so I'm stuck at that amount. It seems to have happened recently. I've been letting my daughter play it so I don't know if she did something to make it happen.

Anyone experience this?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

me your dad posted:

I'm playing Battle Cats and for some reason I can't increase my money cap. The button to raise the cap costs $360 but my bank is capped at $300 so I'm stuck at that amount. It seems to have happened recently. I've been letting my daughter play it so I don't know if she did something to make it happen.

Anyone experience this?

Probably levelled up Worker Cat Rate a bunch without also upgrading Worker Cat Wallet.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Largepotato posted:

Probably levelled up Worker Cat Rate a bunch without also upgrading Worker Cat Wallet.

That was exactly it - thanks!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I find myself wishing I could change costumes on Miruru and her cannon independently because I vastly prefer her 4* outfit to her 5* one, but I want the sweet dragon cannon from her 5* costume. :(

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

I'm really into tap wizard but super bummed out that 3 spellstones in a row have been duplicates when I still have over half the spells left to unlock. Is there a way to get spellstones faster later on? I know you can get "pure" stones or whatever that let you pick the spell, are those available through gameplay or only by purchasing?

You only get one random stone per day and that's it. It takes like 2-3 months to get all 30 spells from that. You do get premium currency at a steady rate doing the raids every half hour (avg of 4.5 I think) and 2 per ad watch, so that's an extra pull every couple days or maybe one fixed pull a week. I wouldn't buy spellstone until after capping the three assistants, though.

The developer said there is a luck-fixing mechanism that will keep you from getting endless duplicates but you won't get a fresh spell every time.

If you do drop the currency for a pure spellstone, get either static leap, inferno, or frozen orbs. Static leap jumps you back which helps negate melee damage, frozen orbs deflects projectiles, and inferno ignores armor and combos super well with freezing. Most spells are pretty balanced but those three have really strong utility.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thematically enjoy the idea of using all spells from one school but it seems that the bonuses push against this and I should run at least one of each, is that right? Does the combination matter beyond that, i.e. 3/1/1 or 2/2/1?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
You'll always be getting one bonus or another, either cast speed if you run a single of an element, or damage if you run multiples. Both are multiplicative so the net dps is the same. You can strive to make one element more effective by fishing for passives on your spells. Even if they are obscured every passive is just a 1:1 letter replacement with question marks so anything that says "??% ???? ??????" Translates to 20% fire damage, and so on.

There are a couple cross element combos like inferno making frozen enemies explode, torrent launching a copy from a burning target, and plasma grenade triggering lighting strikes from shocked targets. Really though just use the spells you like and have different loadouts for different situations (I like to use Firefly, chain lightning, shock net, and Frost Ray against dispellers since those 4 spells are instant or immune to dispel)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

PUBG Mobile is available for me on Play now :911:

It uses the old "take it or leave it" permissions prompt though, with some nasty stuff in there.

e: i tried it. i don't know if i want to re-learn how to play FPS on a 5 inch screen with touch controls

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 19, 2018

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Applied too the kings raid guild as lesree.

Hitting a little wall at chapter six until I realised I was sitting on a ton of xp pots.

Just got Annette dunno how good she is, I imagine she's a lot better in manual control mode though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, I've already eaten all my XP pots and I'm trying to get over the hump into chapter six as well.

Rocking Phillop/Miruru/Selene/Frey and the damage output is bonkers.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

DemonMage posted:

Applied to this as well as ihatepants

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

[Edit] Nevermind, got you both.

If you're at the end of Chapter 6, you should have also cleared everything else up to Hard if you haven't already. End of 6 -> Start of 7 is a rough jump too, I assume it's when they added Transcendence. It took awhile before clearing Hell Chapter 1 and Chapter 7 Easy was easy for me.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 19, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

shove me like you do posted:

Applied too the kings raid guild as lesree.

Hitting a little wall at chapter six until I realised I was sitting on a ton of xp pots.

Just got Annette dunno how good she is, I imagine she's a lot better in manual control mode though.

As someone who used annette for a long time. You better sit down...

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wow, PUBG on the phone is remarkably painful and unfun to play.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Montalvo posted:

Wow, PUBG on the phone is remarkably painful and unfun to play.

Huh recreates the PC experience pretty well then.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

my general experience playing FPS games is "dangit where the heck is that person shooting me from?!"

this experience does not improve when you shrink the game down to my phone screen

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

my general experience playing FPS games is "dangit where the heck is that person shooting me from?!"

this experience does not improve when you shrink the game down to my phone screen

You can see on the map relative direction of gunfire. It shows up in red regardless if they hit you.

Always aim down sights and use the fire button on the left while aiming with your right. Or turn on gyro for a down sights only.

I've played a few matches so far and have gotten 1st once and top 10 every other time. People can't aim so just strafe a little then line up your shots.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I always hit the deck immediately after getting shot and that seems to confuse people because it almost always gives me enough time to find where they are and line up a fatal shot.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

m.hache posted:

You can see on the map relative direction of gunfire. It shows up in red regardless if they hit you.

Always aim down sights and use the fire button on the left while aiming with your right. Or turn on gyro for a down sights only.

I've played a few matches so far and have gotten 1st once and top 10 every other time. People can't aim so just strafe a little then line up your shots.

i was being a little overly dramatic. i still think that it's more difficult to locate and react accordingly to getting shot at when it's on a cell phone screen that is partially obscured by my hands. this is fine! i just don't know if i want to dedicate the number of hours that would be required to learn the tricks necessary to perform adequately in this scenario. i am old

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

King's Raid: When will I actually get to contribute anything meaningful to guild raids? Even at the upper 50s everyone on my team gets one-shot.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Once you start regularly transcending people and getting/awakening unique weapons, your DPS will jump up a lot. Once I was able to start getting into Chapter 7, I was able to start surviving against the Guild Raid bosses. That first one is still a huge pain in the rear end, I guess maybe he wouldn't be so bad if you had a full team of multi-hit and/or fast attack people to eat through his buff quickly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DemonMage posted:

Once you start regularly transcending people and getting/awakening unique weapons, your DPS will jump up a lot. Once I was able to start getting into Chapter 7, I was able to start surviving against the Guild Raid bosses. That first one is still a huge pain in the rear end, I guess maybe he wouldn't be so bad if you had a full team of multi-hit and/or fast attack people to eat through his buff quickly.

Yeah, my Selene has her UW, as does Phillop (running Phillop/Selene/Miruru/Frey). I've put some insignificant damage into the first two, but every one on my team gets one shot.

If I need to get into the 70s and poo poo, then fair enough I guess. :v:

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, my Selene has her UW, as does Phillop (running Phillop/Selene/Miruru/Frey). I've put some insignificant damage into the first two, but every one on my team gets one shot.

If I need to get into the 70s and poo poo, then fair enough I guess. :v:
Yeah, levels are a huge modifier in this game. Every level below the target's cuts into your DPS and survivability big time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Yeah, levels are a huge modifier in this game. Every level below the target's cuts into your DPS and survivability big time.

Yeah, there's just no level indicator (that I can see???) on the guild bosses. :(

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is there a reason these bars and icons are sometimes slanted or is it just a bug, because if it's a bug that's one really weird bug

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the devs must read byob too much

Garnavis
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, I calls 'em like I sees 'em! I'm a whale biologist.
Came here to say that PUBG Mobile owns because most players are new and no one can hit a moving target.

Then I saw FFT in the OP and can someone tell me if that's actually a good port? I loved the PSX version and never had a PSP so I'd love a good mobile version of WotL.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Remember Zombie Gunship? It's back, in augmented reality form. You will need a device that supports ARCore however.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Garnavis posted:

Came here to say that PUBG Mobile owns because most players are new and no one can hit a moving target.

Yeah, I won my very first match and managed to kill 7. If you book it away from someone they will certainly chase and you can look behind you with the eyeball icon to keep an eye on you. Turn a corner, square up to them and unload for an easy kill.

It runs pretty well, the controls are a little clunky but it's still a great port.

Did anyone start a crew yet?

Edit: completely forgot that the first few matches pitches you against bots and the better you do the less CPU opponents.

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 21, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

cage-free egghead posted:

Yeah, I won my very first match and managed to kill 7. If you book it away from someone they will certainly chase and you can look behind you with the eyeball icon to keep an eye on you. Turn a corner, square up to them and unload for an easy kill.

It runs pretty well, the controls are a little clunky but it's still a great port.

Did anyone start a crew yet?

Edit: completely forgot that the first few matches pitches you against bots and the better you do the less CPU opponents.

If we start a goon crew, does that mean we play co-oo at all? I'm so new to PUBG, I downloaded this but haven't played it yet, nor have I played the pc/console version.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is the new Kingdom Rush game good? The one that's space marines or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

precision posted:

Is the new Kingdom Rush game good? The one that's space marines or whatever?

If your looking for a tower defense game look elsewhere. It really is more of a traditional RTS than anything. I thought it was alright but I was definitely expecting more of a space TD game when I bought it.