Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I didn't notice it until this picture but the new F1 logo is so bad you can't even tell it says "F1" it just looks like some random wavy lines

In all fairness this is Sky’s fault for refusing to switch from a red background. New Logo is noticeably better than old logo on television and I bet sky are pissed about it because now we can have a clear marker saying “old as poo poo, repeated from some random pre-show”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

Your posting

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Tsaedje posted:

Your posting

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

Literally the opposite of this? He said a dumb thing then publicly acknowledged he was wrong

Not even close. He gender shamed (or whatever?) his nephew for wanting to wear a princess dress with a video of him yelling at a kid on his twitter, and then removed it and "apologized" when it was pointed out to him that that was a pretty lovely thing to do. Then he went to an amusement park or something with his nephew, in a dress, and pretended he was cool with it the whole time. So basically he couldn't be a bigger oval office about it. Like, there's zero denying he did something lovely and then backpedaled when he got in trouble for it.

Please god, let the "DANGER ZONE!" warning stay in the graphics package for this year. And make the song the new intro for the broadcast to leverage the synergy.

That was pretty awesome, but drat, the track does seem narrow.

What is all this car stuff doing in the DoctorGonzo E/N thread anyway?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is a video of a Ferrari at Laguna Seca. The Zanardi pass is still one of my favorite racing memories.

CratSock posted:

What is all this car stuff doing in the DoctorGonzo E/N thread anyway?

please...

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

How will I know what turns are DANGER ZONE if there is no warning? I ask you this liberty.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

Your posting

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Sky doesn't even bother pretending not to be anti-Lewis

poty fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 19, 2018

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

I didn't notice it until this picture but the new F1 logo is so bad you can't even tell it says "F1" it just looks like some random wavy lines

it's fine.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tsaedje posted:

Which is going to be more tedious this season: complaints about how the halo looks, complaints about how the logo looks or complaints that Mercedes are still better than everyone else?

Tsaedje posted:

Your posting

uhhh

mrfart posted:

it's fine.

This is adorable and if they made a new F1 race stars game (a mediocre game) this should be the logo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What exactly is a Danger Zone in modern F1 terms anyway?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There are bees nests near those corners and a bee might fly under the helmet.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

A zone that's Dangerous or Unexpected things may happen! A warning is clearly needed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Maybe it's the danger of being so boring you need to turn over and see if AR is on BBC2?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if we had the aeroscreen instead of the abomination that is the halo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Who the hell voted for Canada 2012 over all those Senna races on the Sky fan vote? 40 laps in and it’s really loving boring, also as it was one of the ITV/BBC broadcasts sky dont have the proper timing overlay

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

That’s no joke, AJ Foyt just got attacked by killer bees last week.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

where the cars brake into the corner?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

That’s no joke, AJ Foyt just got attacked by killer bees last week.

again???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Who the hell voted for Canada 2012 over all those Senna races on the Sky fan vote? 40 laps in and it’s really loving boring, also as it was one of the ITV/BBC broadcasts sky dont have the proper timing overlay

did they confuse it with Canada 2011 or something

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They gave people a choice of loads of different Senna, Häkkinen and Lewis races and that was what people voted for.

Happily they seem to have learned and are playing australia 89 and 85 next.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Hello friend.

People who pay for Sky are retarded. That is why.

Your friend,
Theo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I am Jamie Carragher spitting on your family.

*Sky Sports sting plays*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I am Gary Neville defending Jamie Carragher

*Sky Sports sting plays*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I am Ant McParland drunk driving

*ITV cancels Ant McParland's TV engagments*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
As I was desperately wrestling my lovely loving Miata against 3mph winds down the motorway at ~90mph speeds today Apple Music served me up some Evanescence for some reason. Amy Lee is a very nice looking lady and probably is as, if not more, capable as a single-seater driver than Carmen whatever she is called.

Thank you for reading my terrible post about not dabbling with an ex and blowing my head off at a sad song because I've had too much to drink #ForzaFerrari

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Hello friend.

People who pay for Sky are retarded. That is why.

Your friend,
Theo

You didn’t have to have Sky to vote. I’m going to take a wild punt and say it was idiots on reddit who watch F1 in gif form and the teenage girls of Instagram who voted for it, and the fact that the viewer numbers in no way will have correlated with actual viewing figures are why we have now has two Rosberg races and at least 3 Senna races coming up as a sorry.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rosberg wins always owned. Sorry your opinion sucks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

1500quidporsche posted:

Rosberg wins always owned. Sorry your opinion sucks.

I’m agreeing that playing two Rosberg wins back to back is at least some consolation. 2016 was a glorious year for the sport.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh you betya I’m currently watching “Nico Rosberg’s Japanese F1 GP 2016”

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Or Canada 2010, the race singlehandedly responsible for the Pirelli era

Cool, someone illegally uploaded it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38bais

poty fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 19, 2018

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Yes! Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

how is AJ still alive

poty
Jun 21, 2008

poty posted:

Or Canada 2010, the race singlehandedly responsible for the Pirelli era

Cool, someone illegally uploaded it: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38bais

I'm now watching this, there's a fun reference at 07:30

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Haas is... good?!?

This is gonna be a weird season

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

how is AJ still alive

No loving clue. It is one of life's mysteries.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
If Haas are good at the start of the season (and I hope they are for keeping things interesting) it will definitely not last the season. They simply don't have the budget to keep up the development race and their convoluted set up makes it even harder.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

If Haas are good at the start of the season (and I hope they are for keeping things interesting) it will definitely not last the season. They simply don't have the budget to keep up the development race and their convoluted set up makes it even harder.

It's even wackier than I realized. They do management and CFD in Kannapolis, design and aero work at Dallara and at Ferrari's wind tunnel, and then their UK base is used for turning around the car between races. No idea where actual fabrication takes places, that's probably Banbury as well. It's baffling that this works at all.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It works by Ferrari leaving blueprints lying around at the wind tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
lmbo

https://www.instagram.com/p/BghH7YMn7X1/?taken-by=wtf1official