Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Makes me almost want to buy farcry 5 before a sale. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

ALFbrot posted:

Do you mean since his campaign, or is the joke that he literally has been making dumbshit headlines for decades

I meant campaign, but it doesn't really matter anymore. Nothing matters anymore

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
do you think putin just suddenly bursts into maniacal laughter a lot behind closed doors, or does he suddenly get a little dizzy, like vertigo, at his machinations having become so catastrophically successful that it seems to be cracking the foundations of reality itself

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Blast of Confetti posted:

someone summarize the CA thing because tbh ive already forgotten

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/16/15657512/cambridge-analytica-christopher-wylie-facebook-trump-russia

Cambridge Analytica is the firm that handled Trump's digital campaign, & was created by Robert Mercer a hedge fund lolbertarian billionaire who has curious ideas. They data-mined Facebook, used bots, re-tweets, hashtags & some pro-tier big data analytics to help Trump/gently caress over Hillary. Mueller subpoenaed their records, Parscale met with them (digital guy, now Trump's 2020 campaign manager), and Kushner was the one who initially dropped their name.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

old beast lunatic posted:

Makes me almost want to buy farcry 5 before a sale. Almost.

I felt the same way but then found out it makes an 'arrow to the knee' joke in 20-loving-18

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Kumo posted:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/16/15657512/cambridge-analytica-christopher-wylie-facebook-trump-russia

Cambridge Analytica is the firm that handled Trump's digital campaign, & was created by Robert Mercer a hedge fund lolbertarian billionaire who has curious ideas. They data-mined Facebook, used bots, re-tweets, hashtags & some pro-tier big data analytics to help Trump/gently caress over Hillary. Mueller subpoenaed their records, Parscale met with them (digital guy, now Trump's 2020 campaign manager), and Kushner was the one who initially dropped their name.

NO COLLUSION

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kumo posted:

Their CEO has confirmed, on the record, that the piss tape is real.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Those Ukrainian whores might NOT pee...

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Icedude posted:

I felt the same way but then found out it makes an 'arrow to the knee' joke in 20-loving-18

idk it's not like the writing is a reason I've ever bought a far cry game, im more into the violence

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

turn off the TV posted:

hwoa really

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

How dumb do you have to be to walk into a hotel room and find a bunch of Ukrainian hookers and think...well... it’s time to party!

Oh....

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
was this posted? probably, but let's post it again!!!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/975720503997620224

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Teikanmi posted:

Gah!!!! Stuff... that I don't understand???? KEEPS HAPPENING!!! We

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kumo posted:

They also have worked with a lot of GOP representatives, not just Trump, and their headquarters are about to be raided by British law enforcement lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/975835698552037376

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Flavahbeast posted:

hwoa really

I have to admit, that's a stretch of the imagination.

What he actually said was that there is not one piss tape.

There are more.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

turn off the TV posted:

I have to admit, that's a stretch of the imagination.

What he actually said was that there is not one piss tape.

There are more.

Piss box-set

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teikanmi posted:

Projection is thick and spicey today’s menu.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

turn off the TV posted:

Trump hired CA, and Nix mentions they employ 'honey pot' schemes against their client's targets.

I don't see how that translates into confirmation of the existence of the "piss tape."

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Kumo posted:

Trump hired CA, and Nix mentions they employ 'honey pot' schemes against their client's targets.

I don't see how that translates into confirmation of the existence of the "piss tape."

I don't think these guys are worried about ethics, so Trump may have been another client's target.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kumo posted:

Mods???

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Burt Sexual posted:

Projection is thick and spicey today’s menu.

Ask me about my thick, spicy projection.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

the info got scrambled as it was passed along.

steele was told that "trump had a piss tape" not "trump is in a piss tape". the piss tape exists but it's of hillary

SickZip fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 19, 2018

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yes I'm sure this blackmail firm would never collect dirt on their clients

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Jel Shaker posted:

Piss box-set

The first one was great but the sequels were definitely watered down

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

The first one was great but the sequels were definitely watered down

Did the series have a happy ending?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah dis a goodun right ere.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

CheesyDog posted:

yes I'm sure this blackmail firm would never collect dirt on their clients

Kind of a bad business practice that, but the timeline doesn't match up either.

CA wasn't hired until prior to the 2016 election, and the tape was purported to be created during Trump's visit to a Moscow hotel in 2013 by the FSB.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kumo posted:

Kind of a bad business practice that, but the timeline doesn't match up either.

CA wasn't hired until prior to the 2016 election, and the tape was purported to be created during Trump's visit to a Moscow hotel in 2013 by the FSB.

the made the 2nd piss tape, obviously

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

https://www.fec.gov/data/disburseme...=12%2F31%2F2016

Trump paid CA after asking Russia to find the emails 5,000,000 dollars.

No one else on that list has remotely close to that big of a payout.

It was for "Data Management."

:lol::lol::lol:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kumo posted:

Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2012 and funded primarily by Robert Mercer, who backed Mitt Romney in that election. Trump was considered as a potential primary contender that year, and it should go without saying that CA probably continued to build dirt on Trump in case he decided to run again in 2016, as prior to Trump's primary win Mercer supported Ted Cruz.

They describe using sex workers to entrap and blackmail political opponents, and the alleged date of the piss tape is one year after the firm's establishment.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Kumo posted:

the piss tape is real

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

TulliusCicero posted:

https://www.fec.gov/data/disburseme...=12%2F31%2F2016

Trump paid CA after asking Russia to find the emails 5,000,000 dollars.

No one else on that list has remotely close to that big of a payout.

It was for "Data Management."

:lol::lol::lol:

So this is kind of the smoking gun then isn't it?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

g0lbez posted:

I don't know of any clear Mercer/Russia connections but that's a Lil bit suspect.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh my god this is delicious. Admitting to bribery and blackmail, as well as known contacts with Russian oligarchs :bisonyes:

The gently caress is a Trump Flag?

Toilet paper

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

turn off the TV posted:

Cambridge Analytica was founded in 2012 and funded primarily by Robert Mercer, who backed Mitt Romney in that election. Trump was considered as a potential primary contender that year, and it should go without saying that CA probably continued to build dirt on Trump in case he decided to run again in 2016, as prior to Trump's primary win Mercer supported Ted Cruz.

They describe using sex workers to entrap and blackmail political opponents, and the alleged date of the piss tape is one year after the firm's establishment.

Building piss resumes to dunk on candidates actually sounds like a good and fun Job

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

I'm more inclined to think that the piss tape is Russian government leverage rather than comedically evil marking firm leverage. Everything lines up for that while CA timeline doesn't really match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

g0lbez posted:

I mean, you could theoretically give them 5,000,000 dollars for doing gently caress all, but I doubt Trump would be the guy to do that.

It's not quite damning evidence, but the date of 9/1/2016 is right around the time he was telling the Russians directly on TV to release the emails. Hell of a loving coincidence if it's not related.