Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
What the gently caress is going on with Kaladesh Inventions? Noticed a sudden spike in my collection....usually something this big is just power 9 doing its usual dumb poo poo, but nope, it's crap like Sol Ring and Trinisphere going apeshit this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Star Man posted:

I think it would be loving hilarious to see a Rakdos Charm out of the sideboard from Jund tell a massive Empty the Warrens stack to go gently caress itself.

I think this was valid tech when Splinter Twin was legal.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BaronVonVaderham posted:

What the gently caress is going on with Kaladesh Inventions? Noticed a sudden spike in my collection....usually something this big is just power 9 doing its usual dumb poo poo, but nope, it's crap like Sol Ring and Trinisphere going apeshit this week.

Trinisphere is showing up in Modern and Sol Ring is, well, Sol Ring

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I think this was valid tech when Splinter Twin was legal.

It really wasn’t

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

People are going hard on inventions right now in a coordinated effort. The demand for them is high for the supply. People are betting on the fact that they will never see a print in this form ever again. They are without a doubt the most beautiful version of the lottery cards ever printed.

Partly because it will work, but also to get ahead of crazy rudy's public plan to buy them up in april.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I'm glad I mostly have mine already, then. Though I still need poo poo like Swords for my cube, maybe there's an argument for sooner rather than later if poo poo's about to get stupid.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I sold my Crucible at like $100 a few months ago and almost feel like I should be buying back in. It's one of the nicest cards I ever saw.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Uh... Do they look better in person with the foiling or something 'cause... :chloe:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

Uh... Do they look better in person with the foiling or something 'cause... :chloe:

They look loving amazing.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I do really like the invention frames. I should pick up a Sundering Titan for the cube.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ShaneB posted:

not an emptyquote

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

They are basically the best form of printing wotc has ever done. The frame, the foiling, the art, its just really that good. If whatever they spent on it is the same as other foil cards they are basically gigantic loving idiots to not exploit it again in the near future.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm really anxious to see the new legendary frame, I hope they won't gently caress it up

Like I have no idea what would be the best way to represent legendaries frame wise

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

AnEdgelord posted:

The real unban we need is jitte

4 of in bogles

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sickening posted:

They are basically the best form of printing wotc has ever done. The frame, the foiling, the art, its just really that good. If whatever they spent on it is the same as other foil cards they are basically gigantic loving idiots to not exploit it again in the near future.

e: They probably cost the same. Hilariously, the Amonkhet ones would have cost more though because those cards are full bleed, which means they have to put small spaces between them on the print sheets, reducing the number of cards they can print per sheet.

well, the process costs the same. It costs more to add Masterpieces to a set than it does to not have them in one

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 19, 2018

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

ShaneB posted:

Seriously, the expiditon lands look great to the point where the only thing you want for is less frame and more art. The Kaladesh inventions are equally beautiful and contains a slew of powerful cards with art that is often better than the original. You can't say that very often for MTG art.

I'm sad that they misunderstood these lottery cards to the point of canceling them. They were really great and the prices will quickly spiral out of control in paper.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Is Teferi worth ordering at $15.00? I'm probably going to switch back to UW Approach with the addition of him and 4x Seal Away which is going for $2.00 right now

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Hey which of the new event decks (or whatever they're called) is worth getting if you feel like getting back into Standard? The red one looks like it has some Modern-playable cards which appeals to me since it's my format of choice, is it any good otherwise?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

80s James Hetfield posted:

Is Teferi worth ordering at $15.00? I'm probably going to switch back to UW Approach with the addition of him and 4x Seal Away which is going for $2.00 right now

Yes. I feel like he'll land at $20-25. Feels like in any sort of control arrangement he's quite good. Authority of the Consuls + Seal Away + Teferi is probably going to put me off my beloved Grixis Midrange TBQH.

FordCQC posted:

Hey which of the new event decks (or whatever they're called) is worth getting if you feel like getting back into Standard? The red one looks like it has some Modern-playable cards which appeals to me since it's my format of choice, is it any good otherwise?

They all look pretty playable out of the box but as far as flashy rares the mono red one is quite good and looks like it's pretty solid even before you start up-gunning it. The Approach one really wants about $60-80 worth of mana base and Search for Azcantas to really do what it wants to do IMO.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

Related: what does everyone think the new mox will settle at? Worth a pre order or doesn't the thread thinks it's going to tank. I'm gonna stuff it in DnT with Kytheon and Isamaru (and maybe Zurgo)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

smertrioslol posted:

Related: what does everyone think the new mox will settle at? Worth a pre order or doesn't the thread thinks it's going to tank. I'm gonna stuff it in DnT with Kytheon and Isamaru (and maybe Zurgo)

25$ for the mox seems bad. So more likely to be a dud and drop in price after the set releases.

Doesn't mean it won't spike to the moon, but the chances are just so low for conditional roleplayers like this card.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I made the Criosphinx deck and it is insanely stupid.

I got Arcane Adaptation out, and then the Sphinx and opponent had lethal up with Drake Haven. So I cast 5 straight free creatures and a Marionette Master to draw every card in my deck, play Golden Demise to kill all Drakes and then shoot him with Walking Ballistas that cost 0 but came into play as 3/3s or 4/4s because they're sphinxes and I have a bunch of free Metallic Mimic naming Sphinx :v:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

I made the Criosphinx deck and it is insanely stupid.

I got Arcane Adaptation out, and then the Sphinx and opponent had lethal up with Drake Haven. So I cast 5 straight free creatures and a Marionette Master to draw every card in my deck, play Golden Demise to kill all Drakes and then shoot him with Walking Ballistas that cost 0 but came into play as 3/3s or 4/4s because they're sphinxes and I have a bunch of free Metallic Mimic naming Sphinx :v:

That tears it I'm making this deck. I've got the mana base and the TSG's and that's like half the battle.

Do you have a link to the list?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

JerryLee posted:

e: never mind, I was being snarky but I pretty clearly misread the original intent.

I'm still not sold that just because the unbannings haven't been a complete disaster, that they were the best thing to do for the format. The format hasn't turned into toxic waste, but it already wasn't. Jund was playable before and I can't think of a single situation where increasing the power level of already-viable midrange goodstuff value decks has been a good thing for a format in the long term.

I just don’t think cards should just be banned to curate the format in the way you’re suggesting.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

That tears it I'm making this deck. I've got the mana base and the TSG's and that's like half the battle.

Do you have a link to the list?

I got it off of SaffronOlive’s twitter.

I changed it to not be four color for no real reason. It runs Naturalize and such out of the board but it’s totally pointless in my opinion. Metallic Rebuke already answers everything for basically free so I’d rather have more of those than whatever it was the deck designer dude was boarding in.

You basically just win if you untap with the combo out. It just requires you to fact or fiction a minimum of 5 times which you always do. There’s a lot of weird combos in there actually. I would stress it is not all that good, you're basically doing nothing so often that I can't see it being much more than a troll deck.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 19, 2018

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Star Man posted:

I think it would be loving hilarious to see a Rakdos Charm out of the sideboard from Jund tell a massive Empty the Warrens stack to go gently caress itself.

I used to do that to splinter twin. It was glorious.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I've changed my mind on Masters 25 draft. Before I said I thought it was good, but not great. After playing it a couple of times online and now in paper, I would say I actively don't like it. It's boring and underpowered.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Angry Grimace posted:

I would say I actively don't like i

Don't mince your oaths.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I got a box of A25, and as expected, it was hot gar-baaaaage.

Wierd thing. There was not a single Utopia Sprawl or Simian Spirit Guide. I actually needed the Utopia Sprawls and was expecting to at least get a couple to finish my playset. :(

Feelbad set of the decade.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Someone talk me out of building this Four-Color Pyromancer deck because I'm looking at the mainboard and thinking "hey I only need $20 of cards to finish this deck..."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

I got a box of A25, and as expected, it was hot gar-baaaaage.

Wierd thing. There was not a single Utopia Sprawl or Simian Spirit Guide. I actually needed the Utopia Sprawls and was expecting to at least get a couple to finish my playset. :(

Feelbad set of the decade.

That's not that weird, there's eighty uncommons in the set and 72 (plus foils) in the box so you'd expect to miss some, especially after you count the duplicates of some others you get. Sucks it's two of the best ones though.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
A few more pieces of info on Battlebond from the WPN site

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/article/you-schedule-battlebond-events

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

C-Euro posted:

Someone talk me out of building this Four-Color Pyromancer deck because I'm looking at the mainboard and thinking "hey I only need $20 of cards to finish this deck..."

A friend who plays Mardu Pyro tested it out this weekend and said the difficulty didn't seem worth the power level. That's all i got.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

quote:

And like any good spectator sport, the goal isn't just to win, but to look good doing it. Style points count.

Hmm, I wonder if this is actually a mechanic.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Two Headed Giant Draft is one of the best formats, so this sounds awesome.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

evilweasel posted:

That's not that weird, there's eighty uncommons in the set and 72 (plus foils) in the box so you'd expect to miss some, especially after you count the duplicates of some others you get. Sucks it's two of the best ones though.

I knew SSG was uncommon, but I thought Utopia Sprawl was a common. *blargh*

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

C-Euro posted:

Needs more Bloodbraid.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ShaneB posted:

A friend who plays Mardu Pyro tested it out this weekend and said the difficulty didn't seem worth the power level. That's all i got.

Yeah but this way I can play all the Mardu Pyromancer spells I picked up without having to spend $200 on Blackcleave Cliffs that I don't have :v:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just spent about 150 CAD on cards to finish decks and I feel dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

I just spent about 150 CAD on cards to finish decks and I feel dumb

me, this month, as well, USD