Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

I like how they take the trouble to make this legally distinct Batman parody character but then they just flat out have him beating up the Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

good day for a bris posted:

Joe Kelly did a retelling involving Deathstroke and Deadpool Earth 3 Deathstroke that was amazing.

It was Superman/Batman Annual #1 from 2006.

Pretty sure I've posted that in this thread before. It's pretty great. I'll edit it in here once I've clicked my ?
Edit: Here

Elfface posted:

Oh, he doesn't get shot IN FRONT of Bruce...

You may also be thinking of the time a young Clark crashed a boat party by pretending to be Bruce Wayne.

Elfface fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 19, 2018

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Open-Window Man didn't see a bat, just the open window:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's clearly not Bruce Wayne. He's too happy.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I, for one, am just glad nobody threw a trans person through that window and created Trans-Man because I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure the outcome is offensive to everyone.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That's clearly not Bruce Wayne. He's too happy.

No one can be unhappy with that many balloons.

Except globophobics, I guess.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

The Superman shield is a great detail - John Byrne has written that he always saw the "S" symbol as two fish swimming past each other.

Mister Mind fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 20, 2018

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber posted:

No one can be unhappy with that many balloons.

Except globophobics, I guess.

Birthday Girl maybe?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Zil posted:

By that logic a rich billionaire play boy has also smashed through one of the windows as well.

is this the one where the pain of losing his parents was too much for him to live with

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I like how DC did their own version of this matchup with Supes fighting an obvious parody of the Fantastic Four...only the Reed Richards analog, through some incredibly convoluted means, became one of his more persistant threats over the years. he turned into Cyborg Superman

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Argue posted:

I like how they take the trouble to make this legally distinct Batman parody character but then they just flat out have him beating up the Joker.

Hey, that could be any clown.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wasn't there a version of this where he becomes just a guy who smokes a pipe and takes a stroll?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nothing comes through the window: "Yes father, I shall chill the gently caress out"

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Nothing comes through the window.

"Yes, I will become the night"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

Nothing comes through the window.

"Yes, I will become the night"

On the other side of the planet, a man sits in his living room in the sunlight...

"...Dayman!"

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
A stiff breeze rolls through...

I will be come the one who bends air!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Yes i shall become Erection man! To the Bathroom!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Hey, that could be any clown.

So we all look alike to you, is that it?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Yes i shall become Erection man! To the Bathroom!

The dark and terrible flasher of the night!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Zil posted:

The dark and terrible flasher of the night!

And his partner, lob-on.

edit : Knobin.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

And his partner, lob-on.

Throbbin'

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And his partner, lob-on.

Erectionman feels the job is too hard to do it alone so after he takes in young Dick the boy lends a hand as Rubbin'.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's been done.
Well, almost.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

It's been done.
Well, almost.

I have no idea who is behind this image, but I HAVE to assume Mark Millar was involved somehow.

Choco1980 posted:

I like how DC did their own version of this matchup with Supes fighting an obvious parody of the Fantastic Four...only the Reed Richards analog, through some incredibly convoluted means, became one of his more persistant threats over the years. he turned into Cyborg Superman

It's close to certain at this point that the 616 version of Reed Richards is an anomaly. As we've seen over and over again, the vast majority of Reed Richards' throughout the multiverse inevitably become evil.

(Which also means that the majority of Victor Von Dooms are the greatest heroes of their realities.)

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Say Nothing posted:

It's been done.
Well, almost.

Every single time I use Discord, this comic immediately comes to mind for some reason.

Can’t imagine why.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

It's been done.
Well, almost.

I did some digging, and as far as I can tell, it appears that this comic was issued by a low-rent lobbying group that is trying to push through bills at the state and federal level to have circumcision outlawed under the idea that it's "Male Genital Mutilation" -- and now you know why the publisher is named "MGMBill."

(Learning all of this has been a waste of my life.)

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

ecavalli posted:

I have no idea who is behind this image, but I HAVE to assume Mark Millar was involved somehow.

Surprisingly, no! Just a self-publishing militantly anti-circumcision guy (one of the weird “SAPPING MY MANLY ESSENCE AND I HATE SEX THANKS TO YOU MOM!” ones, not the more rational “don’t do unnecessary surgery on infants because the Kellogg’s guy claimed it would prevent masturbation in the 19th century”), who is also, in a shocking twist, pretty virulently anti-Semitic.

Comics, everybody!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Silent Hill crossover nobody expected.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ecavalli posted:

It's close to certain at this point that the 616 version of Reed Richards is an anomaly. As we've seen over and over again, the vast majority of Reed Richards' throughout the multiverse inevitably become evil.

(Which also means that the majority of Victor Von Dooms are the greatest heroes of their realities.)

It's closer than close; it's canon.

Hickman's FF run showed that after Nathaniel Richards wiped out all of the other Nathaniel Richardses throughout the multiverse (because this is a thing he did), 616-Reed is the only Reed not to grow up to be a dickbag - because he's the only Reed that grew up having a father that loved him.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

616-Reed is the only Reed not to grow up to be a dickbag - because he's the only Reed that grew up having a father that loved him.

This seems like kind of a weird message. Like I get that it's to emphasize the importance of being a good father and family and whatnot, but it can also be taken as being weird that none of the Richards' had like, good moms or adoptive parents (eat it, Kents). Nope, only the presence of his biological father matters.

I do like that the story inspired the Council of Ricks, though (I think?).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GrandpaPants posted:

I do like that the story inspired the Council of Ricks, though (I think?).

Unless it was the Council of Cross-Time Kangs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hickman's FF run showed that after Nathaniel Richards wiped out all of the other Nathaniel Richardses throughout the multiverse (because this is a thing he did)
:psyduck:
How? And more importantly, why?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Meanwhile, Hulk gets woke.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Surprise cameo by Prowl there.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Today, in Superman, we met Bizarro Damian

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Nessus posted:

Meanwhile, Hulk gets woke.

I know it's someone inside having that reaction, but the way it is positioned makes it seems that the car is going "NANI!?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

To be fair, that's a perfectly logical reaction to have when someone's telling The Hulk to use you as a bludgeon, inanimate object or not.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:psyduck:
How? And more importantly, why?

Well, it started with a time travel accident that brought them all to Earth 616 in the far future. That pissed Immortus off for some reason, and he said they all had to kill each other Hunger Games style. And one Nathaniel, nicknamed "The Beast," was really into that and pretty much did most of the work himself. Then the remaining Nathaniel, who happened to be Nathaniel-616, traveled through time and recruited a college-age Reed, Ben, and Doom to help him win the last fight.

I'm reading Hickman's FF right now on Marvel Unlimited, and it is bugfuck.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Oh, and the Nathaniel Richards who kept popping up in Tom DeFalco's run? He was one of the alternate Nathaniels, and he's dead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:psypop:
I don't know why I expected an answer that would make sense. What the gently caress.