Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
She was just trying to make them more stressful, brilliant when you think about it.

My [25M] girlfriend [24F] only watches "tasteless" movies and television, doesn't ever watch things i like. I asked her to watch something I like for once and she got angry and stopped talking to me.

quote:

My girlfriend is intelligent and attractive and I do love her. We don't disagree much at all so this is kind of hard for me to talk with her about; when i try she just gets upset and I don't understand why she seems to want to die on this hill.

the problem is she only watches movies and television programs for small children and chick flick type things (the last two she saw were coco and shapes of water and some of the tv shows i've seen her watch include "avatar: the last airbender" and "steven universe" to give you an idea of what kind of stuff it is. She even once said she prefers the cartoon batman to the actual batman movies!) she doesn't invite me to go with her anymore, just watches them by herself or with friends.

frankly, it's really embarrassing to see such an otherwise smart person watching really simple stuff. 3 days ago I asked her if she wants to watch my stuff instead for once and explained that I was put off by how childish all the cartoons and stuff were and she said she'd rather not watch anything with me and hasn't really talked much to me since. I tried to say sorry and just drop it even if it bothers me but she said she felt like I didn't respect her, her "future career", or her interests, and didn't want an apology right now. How do I get her to accept an apology and maybe even have her give my favorites a chance for a change?

tl;dr: Girlfriend only watches kids cartoons and silly, non serious cinema, and won't watch anything good with me. I pointed this out and she got angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
The Lego Batman movie is legit the best Batman movie

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

dudeness posted:

She was just trying to make them more stressful, brilliant when you think about it.

My [25M] girlfriend [24F] only watches "tasteless" movies and television, doesn't ever watch things i like. I asked her to watch something I like for once and she got angry and stopped talking to me.

like how he puts her "future career" in quotes, tells a whole story about how much he "respects" her.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

like how he puts her "future career" in quotes, tells a whole story about how much he "respects" her.

I dug up the post, in the comments he says she wants to be a cartoonist.

I also dug up his taste in movies:

quote:

classic movies, Hitchcock, Scorsese, Kubrick. She claimed she'd seen the movies I wanted to watch (I don't think she did) but was still open to seeing them again, but she always leaves partway through.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

dudeness posted:

The dude sounds like an insufferable twat.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

girl pants posted:

I dug up the post, in the comments he says she wants to be a cartoonist.

I also dug up his taste in movies:

Oh man I hate both of them. May they be forever bound to each other.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My respect for her depends on which cartoon batman he means, but only a little, because a lot of the batman movies are poo poo.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

therobit posted:

she sounds pretty alright, and would be better off without the scrub tier snob

like he can't even work kurosawa into his list of "i've heard of some film directors"? lame

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

dudeness posted:

quote:

shapes of water

Didn't that just win Best Picture?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

They'll both be dead from congenital heart failure or complications from diabetes within 2 decades.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

therobit posted:

He sounds insufferable. She sounds alright.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
Anyone who gets bent the gently caress out of shape about how :argh: ANOTHER PERSON IS ENJOYING MEDIA I THINK IS CHILDISH!!!!! :argh: belongs in a loving dungeon.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dudeness posted:

[quote]
My son is in danger after his divorce

My 29 year old son is really suffering too much after he was divorced. His 34 year ex-wife named Desi had an extramartial affair during their marriage that my son was unaware of. Well he caught her when he went through her email after he ordered something with her account and was searching for the images. He saw a series of videos of her having sex with another man and he sent them to me. He came to me to save the videos for him just in case a divorce.

He spiraled into the worse depression you can ever imagine. Well before he met her, Tony was a trouble maker and he would hang with the wrong crowd. After he met her, she was like an angel sent from heaven directly to him. He pulled his life together, got in got a real job, and they started a relationship. Well they have been together for about 8 or 9 years and they were literally the perfect couple who everybody wanted to be like. Well apparently the “angel” turned into a demon.

I never thought a girl like her would ever cheat. It’s like she picked him out of a pothole and saved him just so she could throw him into a more miserable pothole full of fire. When he found out he lost control, he cried and banged his head into the wall repeatedly and questioned himself why he wasn’t good enough for her. Well I know my som is a very good man and deserves the best. He now considers himself a piece of poo poo who should be dead- which his mindset hurts me a lot O hate seeing my kid like that.

I could never look that girl in the face ever again after what she did to my son. Well he confronted her and she also cried with him and she even darred to beg him to not end the relationship. Well they couldn’t handle it and got divorced. After, my son went to bad habbits, back with the bad crowd (gangsters, cartel member, and mafia members). Well he stopped eating and he is like anorexic now and is extremelly underweight, even a size small shirt fits him loosely. He started living the street life again.

He is putting himself in extreme danger hanging out with this type if people. Now he carries a gun which I doubt is even registered. He started relying on weed and alcohol to numb his pain. A few weeks later he even tattooed one whole arm and got some on his neck and even his face. I knew I was loosing my old son and I always talked to him and tried to comfort him and make him feel better but he hated himself.

I offered to put him in rehab for his substance abuse but he said he wanted to die already. I wanted to take him to my church with me and he told me ‘this is my life mother, this is what God wants and I will just live my life and die just how he wrote out my life’. I am devasted with this. I feel some part has to do that his ex wife keeps begging him and talking to him and trying to get back with him

Is there even any way to get some law enforcement to help him without takinng him to jail or prison? I love him a lot he is my son and no matter what he doesn’t want to listen to me. Tl:dr. Son was cheated on now is going down the wrong path and needs serious help

Mom dumb. So what.

Dude needs therapy and likely has since adolescence. He is not well. God is not a licensed therapist.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I only watch cultured movies for smart people, like Batman.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Patrick Spens posted:

Didn't that just win Best Picture?

It's a romance with a female protagonist, therefore it's a silly chick flick.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The guy is insufferable yes but she also refuses to watch anything that he would enjoy which appears to at least include SOME decent films. If you just say you only want to watch cartoons that is almost as bad.

Besides the only good Batman is the live action TV show with Adam West. :colbert:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Batman only reads Wikipedia summaries Alfred prints out for him.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
avatar is dope that dude can go gently caress himself

I'm pretty sure he's over exaggerating anyway wrt the 'she ONLY watches cartoons and kids stuff' because he's probably one of those people that can't handle any kind of animation whatsoever without blowing a gasket.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

therobit posted:

The guy is insufferable yes but she also refuses to watch anything that he would enjoy which appears to at least include SOME decent films. If you just say you only want to watch cartoons that is almost as bad.

Besides the only good Batman is the live action TV show with Adam West. :colbert:

they dont have to consume media together, and he definitely doesn't need to shame her about liking anime from his lofty, educated heights of being able to name a scorsese film. he's such a wannabe snob she can even tell he secretly disrespects her

Moridin920 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's over exaggerating anyway wrt the 'she ONLY watches cartoons and kids stuff' because he's probably one of those people that can't handle any kind of animation whatsoever without blowing a gasket.

"cartoons? heh. when i became a man, i put down childish things. time to watch tim burton's batman, a film for mature adults"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

SirSamVimes posted:

It's a romance with a female protagonist, therefore it's a silly chick flick.

This.

I'm guessing he likes "Game of Thrones". I doubt he's seen any Hitchcock movie besides "Psycho".

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

boner confessor posted:

they dont have to consume media together, and he definitely doesn't need to shame her about liking anime from his lofty, educated heights of being able to name a scorsese film. he's such a wannabe snob she can even tell he secretly disrespects her

"cartoons? heh. when i became a man, i put down childish things. time to watch tim burton's batman, a film for mature adults"

In the 60s, we got long, self-important movies about Jesus. Now, we get long, self-important movies about Batman.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Moridin920 posted:

avatar is dope that dude can go gently caress himself

Anyone that dislikes The Iron Giant, Titan A.E., or The Brave Little Toaster can burn in a tire fire. :colbert:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
also animation is an awesome art form and anyone who classifies art like that is a loving fascist

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Bored posted:

Mom dumb. So what.

Dude needs therapy and likely has since adolescence. He is not well. God is not a licensed therapist.

I really like this part though:

quote:

After he met her, she was like an angel sent from heaven directly to him. He pulled his life together, got in got a real job, and they started a relationship.

I’m sure it’s just a typo, but I find the idea of the guy’s mom being all “he met her, he hit that, everything else fell into place” hilarious.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My twin (17M) knocked up a 12 year old girl. I (17M) don't want anything to do with him.

quote:

Yeah. We may be twins but we couldn't be more opposite. To put it bluntly he is an idiot and a creep. I don't wanna take up this post listing everything he's done, so if you refuse to believe me without proof just ask in the comments otherwise I'm sticking to the issue at hand

He's in deep poo poo with my parents. I guess he met this 6th grade, 12 year old girl through a friends younger sister.They then "hung out" a few times and now she's pregnant. Her parents are FURIOUS. They contacted my parents who are now thinking he needs to go into military after we graduate to straighten out. (He also didn't get in to any college he applied to)

This girl didn't even KNOW what was going on, until she started "gaining weight" and parents brought her to the doctor concerned about unexplained weight gain. Well now she is 5 months pregnant. Named my brother as the only guy she'd slept with. I can only imagine how terrified she must be. Our state does not allow abortions at that point, put simply she's hosed. Her parents are desperately trying to get someone to make an exception, I don't know the legal details. She's been pulled out of school now. It's awful.

Now my brother, when this got told to my parents and they confronted him, I was there and all he did was get angry and defensive! It was like he didn't even care that he'd knocked up a child. Why the gently caress was he messing around with a 12 year old? They demanded to know what was going through his head. And he just said he didn't know her age! Bro....the younger sister who the girl was friends with is also in 6th grade how loving old did you think she was. When I asked that, his response: "Dude have you even seen her tits? They're huge! why would I think she was 12?" What. the. gently caress. I'm his same age and the thought of doing anything with a girl five years younger is disgusting. Also we're almost 18 too.

Is he a sociopath or something? Who does that, there's no way he wouldn't have at some point known her age. Even if he DIDN'T, a normal person would be horrified at themself. He should be falling over himself to apologize, and feeling gross he did that. No he was just aggressively defending the whole thing.

I don't ever want to see him again to be honest. Just being in the same house as him makes me feel disgusted. Theres something wrong with him. I don't want to be known as the brother of that messed up guy who got a 12 year old pregnant.

I don't know what my question is I guess just is that ok? Has anyone had something like this happen with a family member that made you wanna disown them and what did you do?

Tl;dr I don't want to be around my brother after his latest disturbing action.

Yeah because the military has a great track record of taking weirdo creepers and making them better with their rampant trauma and exposure to violence.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

La Brea Carpet posted:

My twin (17M) knocked up a 12 year old girl. I (17M) don't want anything to do with him.

Yeah because the military has a great track record of taking weirdo creepers and making them better with their rampant trauma and exposure to violence.

:murder: your brother before he rapes more children. How is this even a question?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Khazar-khum posted:

In the 60s, we got long, self-important movies about Jesus. Now, we get long, self-important movies about Batman.

Hot drat

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Boiled Water posted:

:murder: your brother before he rapes more children. How is this even a question?

Is the only reason he’s not in legal trouble because he’s 17 instead of 18? I want to believe he is or is about to be, but the OP was just too upset to remember to mention it.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bezos' killer dogs won't be targeted on me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

La Brea Carpet posted:

Please keep this in the family and take responsibility by killing your rapist brother, thanks and God bless.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Our state does not allow abortions at that point, put simply she's hosed.

America y u do dis :geno:

Eta- actually if she is 5 months gone most countries wouldn't, I think.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

La Brea Carpet posted:

this is such old people advice, the military is pretty selective now and this dude would definitely wash out. it's not like back in the 70's and 80's when they'd take any fuckup who wanted to enlist

burial posted:

Is the only reason he’s not in legal trouble because he’s 17 instead of 18? I want to believe he is or is about to be, but the OP was just too upset to remember to mention it.

this is definitely illegal in every state in the us and i'm guessing the parents of the little girl haven't reported him because to do so would be to admit to the world that their 12 year old is pregnant

he better loving hope she gets that abortion, if she ends up giving birth the hospital is going to call the police, who are going to start asking questions

burial
Sep 13, 2002

boner confessor posted:

this is definitely illegal in every state in the us and i'm guessing the parents of the little girl haven't reported him because to do so would be to admit to the world that their 12 year old is pregnant

he better loving hope she gets that abortion, if she ends up giving birth the hospital is going to call the police, who are going to start asking questions

Well, the first part is sad. I’m pleased that the hospital will likely do the right thing though.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

burial posted:

Well, the first part is sad. I’m pleased that the hospital will likely do the right thing though.

they legally have to. there's a 90% chance this shithead gets arrested and goes on a pervert list. very good odds he faces prison time as well. his life is completely hosed, and there's a decent chance he'll gently caress up his family too - depends on how hard the parents will lawyer up, or if they just abandon him to his fate (they should). lawyer fees could kill OP's college ambitions or narrow them as all the college money goes to lawyers, etc. and i hope they're not identical twins lmao

it's a bit odd that nobody else has noticed yet, i'm guessing the girl's teachers etc. are in the dark, because they would also legally have to report a pregnant child. like this dude may as well just drink himself to death if that girl doesn't get an abortion because otherwise he is going on the Bad List, the kind that makes you permanently unemployable and homeless

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Doesn't the abortion clinic ALSO call the police in 100% of cases or even refuse her treatment outright due to her age? In Germany medical reasons allow you to abort after 3 months, but I think most clinics here would refuse her due to her age

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Carrying to term for a twelve year old is going to be awful. That absolutely should be grounds for a late abortion. What is wrong with her parents that their impulse is to hide their abused child rather than get her help and report her rapist?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RoboRodent posted:

What is wrong with her parents that their impulse is to hide their abused child rather than get her help and report her rapist?

they are trying to get her help

quote:

Our state does not allow abortions at that point, put simply she's hosed. Her parents are desperately trying to get someone to make an exception

who knows if they've reported the rapist or not, if they live in a conservative area their bigger concern may be making sure their daughter isn't labeled the town whore for having a kid at 12. pressing charges if she gets an abortion could very well achieve the same result. gossip gets around quick and it would absolutely make her bad situation worse if she spends her teen years as a shameful pariah

if she doesn't get the abortion though the cops will ask who the father is and they'll have no reason to lie

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 21, 2018

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Doesn't the abortion clinic ALSO call the police in 100% of cases or even refuse her treatment outright due to her age? In Germany medical reasons allow you to abort after 3 months, but I think most clinics here would refuse her due to her age

What? They'd refuse to allow an abortion because she's too young? Wtf.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Outrail posted:

What? They'd refuse to allow an abortion because she's too young? Wtf.

Sure, if it's a health risk for her? Hormonal abortion is not recommended after 3 months, so they'd suck and scrape it out under general anesthesia. Which is a health risk. Lots of abortion clinics are small time outfits here, the one I went to with my Gf was a doctors office and they didn't service younger than 16 year old.

I'm not even sure our general clinics or maternity wards do abortions. It's all out clinic here as far as I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Winning riposte from paedo bro there. "Dude, how could you have sex with a twelve year old?" "Hella sweet tits brah, defence rests!"

Both sets of parents are trash. Obviously OP's parents are trash for not marching paedo bro down to the police station the second they got off the phone, but who lets a (for all intents and purposes) grown man "hang out" with their twelve year old daughter? Alarm bells start ringing if I see an adult teenager hanging out with little kids that aren't clearly related to them, and that's in public. How the gently caress can you be so dense as to let that happen to your own kid, multiple times, enough that she gets pregnant at twelve years old?