Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Beacons are one of the most useful things in the game. Always carry some with you so when you find a wreck or some massive hole you can't fully explore yet you won't lose the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Ended up buying a 1TB SSD because I got a bonus and I've been thinking about getting a replacement drive for awhile now.

Came with a free copy of Far Cry 5 :toot:

Do you have to order them off the Samsung site to get Far Cry 5?

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Crash Mode in 2 was my favourite and they never nailed it again

This is the correct answer. Crash mode in 2 was a ton of fun.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fallom posted:

Do you have to order them off the Samsung site to get Far Cry 5?

Nope! Bought mine from Amazon. I believe Newegg and Microcenter we're showing the same deal as well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Handsome Ralph posted:

Nope! Bought mine from Amazon. I believe Newegg and Microcenter we're showing the same deal as well.

Which drive was it?

edit : samsung, found it.

ded fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 16, 2018

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousSuaveGaurKappaClaus

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

M_Gargantua posted:

Different biome's have different equipment to scan and discovery, two or three blueprints each. So visiting as many biomes as possible is a good idea.

Scanning rooms scan in a radius that can be upgraded. I wound up with 4 bases that were little more than scanning rooms and power generation, and 1 main base.

Beacons are cheap and useful, as are oxygen pumps. I wound up leaving dozens of oxygen pumps scattered around and even more built off of bases to pump oxygen into some of the smaller caves.

I took your advice and worked out how many materials I’d need for this and built the base. But forgot it needed a hatch to get into it...

Spent the next 15 minutes looking for some loving quartz so I could get into my new base.

ded posted:

Beacons are one of the most useful things in the game. Always carry some with you so when you find a wreck or some massive hole you can't fully explore yet you won't lose the spot.

Good call. I started doing this and I have little HUD indicators everywhere now!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Looks like amazon prime is doing a free PC game sort of thing, just got this email yesterday

quote:

We’re celebrating the incredible community response to the Twitch Prime Indie Amplifier program and welcoming all of our new members with the introduction of Free Games with Prime, a brand new program that upgrades your Twitch Prime membership by giving you a collection of free games every month starting today!

We’re digging into our archives to bring you the best of our previously released games, starting with a pair of critically acclaimed titles: Superhot and Oxenfree.

We’re also happy to announce that all eight titles from the Indie Amplifier program will be made available for free over the next few months. First up are the winner, Shadow Tactics, and strategy-RPG Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation. The rest of the titles will be released in the following months, in no particular order.

Finally, the 2.5D beat ‘em up Mr. Shifty will be available for Twitch Prime members for the first time this month.

That’s five games, all available for FREE and yours to keep starting today!

Here’s the full Free Games with Prime lineup for March:
Superhot
Shadow Tactics
Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation
Oxenfree
Mr. Shifty
And be sure to come back in April, because starting on April 1st, our next Free Games with Prime collection will be available:
Tales from the Borderlands
SteamWorld Dig 2
Kingsway
Tokyo 42
Dubwars
That’s 10 games in the next two months, all for FREE and yours to keep forever.

Welcome to Free Games with Prime. Your Twitch Prime membership just leveled up.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

ded posted:

Which drive was it?

edit : samsung, found it.

Got a link to this sucka?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Got a link to this sucka?

just search for samsung 1tb ssd

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)

Special offers and product promotions
Capacity: 1 TB | Style: SSD

Free Far Cry 5 PC Game code with eligible Samsung SSD Purchase (Buy select 1TB, 2TB, or 4TB Samsung drives). Valid 3/4/2018 - 4/28/2018, while supplies last. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh cheers I saw that but I hadn't scrolled down enough to see the special offers part :downs:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erL31nNH8k

Nitro Circus will never stop being fun

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I will never get tired of this

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

elmalignowned

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Anyone else get in on that far cry arcade stress test? Seemed fairly decent what little you get to play.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Bayonets 1 and Vanquish $12

https://slickdeals.net/redirect?url...s-vanquish-pack

Shockules
May 2, 2017
Been enjoying vermintide 2 a lot. They did a good job improving on the first game. Definitely worth the $30 price point even with some small issues which can be annoying when they pop up every once in a while, but overall it's super satisfying to slay hordes of ratmen and chaos warriors.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Holy poo poo that's a good deal

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo that's a good deal

FUCKER YOU GOT THE BEST AVATAR.

Did anyone swap out the hard drive in their ps4 to a 4TB? I just popped open my 4TB WD but it's not a quick swappable drive so I can't just pull off the usb connector to show the sata/ sata power connector.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Vermintide good

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So was hanging at a friends house and he booted up Fortnite after we had a few drinks and it looks like a better PUBG that drops pretenses or realism.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

havent heard a peep posted:

FUCKER YOU GOT THE BEST AVATAR.

If it's any consolation, it took some doing to cram it under the file size limit and keep a smooth loop :haw:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

HDI posted:

Ex-SOF dude Webster Slaughter's life took a turn for the worse when his wife was diagnosed with cancer while he was deployed as a civilian contractor. In fact, Webster's life has been difficult ever since he was caught in the Benghazi raid where he drove four children to safety, dodging RPG and small arms fire while killing 12 insurgents with his Nissan Tiida. Webster was the best driver around. His right foot made Midas's touch look like garbage.

Just when he was about to reach his nadir, he received a phone call from a shadowy organization that promised not only to provide experimental cancer research for his wife, but to give him riches beyond his wildest dreams.

While the details were sparse, he decided that he couldn't face his grief and agreed to the organization's signing contract.

To Webster's shock, he unknowingly agreed to a 100 person royal rumble to the death on a deserted island. To his luck, he saw three other friends who also unwittingly joined this ordeal as well. They were also some of the best drivers around.

Slaughter had an idea...

Instead of killing with guns or blades, they decided to team up and kill with speed. With only their wits and a heavy right foot could his team survive this gauntlet.

They are brothers in steel, gasoline, and burning rubber.

They are NITRO CIRCUS.

(cue vocals of an 80s falsetto rocker screaming NITROOOO CIRCUSSSSS followed by an explosion and some wicked haunted-circus rock heavy metal)

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Oh my God

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Holy poo poo that just makes me want to ride shiny and chrome forever

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf1BP6hxg2M

What a good boy :3:

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
PUBG just released their official iOS/Android game, and its actually pretty good. I hate mobile games, but this plays pretty well. And it even runs and looks better than the Xbox version too.

And it’s free, with microtransactions for cosmetic stuff.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

amazon ads are getting edgy

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I hope I can roll with Boomer and the bear

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

I hope I can roll with Boomer and the bear

You may be able to, there's a skill you can unlock that adds another buddy for hire slot. This might only mean you can have both an animal and a human buddy at once though.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HDI posted:

Slaughter is in a smoking UAZ with his three bros (they don't die, which avoids a trope) approaching the smallest zone. Overlooking a field, they know that the final mercenary team is down there, waiting. As they survey their grim situation, Gus turns on the radio.

Smashmouth's All Star starts playing. "Just like Benghazi, fuckers" says Gus as he cranks it.

With a wry grin and nod, Slaughter smashes the gas right into the field. The final act of the NITRO CIRCUS.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dare I ask what he's cranking?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is who he's been since the day I met him. When we were in training, we in study time or something just a few days in. This was the first thing I'd heard him say while at work...he turns around to the only female in our class of 12 and says, "Do you ever just want to gut a hobo with an allen wrench and crawl inside for warmth?" Then he turned back around and got back to work.

GIP is a darker place without him.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sea of Thieves is a lot of fun with some friends. It's available on the xbox game pass, and you can get a two week free trial and download it on the xbox app on PC.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

download it on the xbox app on PC.

Like hell.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super fun with friends. UP THE BUM NO BABY and I sank one other dudes ship and then got into such a fight with another that they ran off. When we finally showed up to where they landed, they scuttled their ship and exited the game after typing in the local chat "that's them landing".

So we circled the island to make sure they were gone while playing sea shanties. Then we got our characters so drunk that we hit a rock and were too drunk to repair the damage and sank our own ship.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Ingrid D. Rand, formerly Ian D. Rand, a SOF Marine and scout sniper who recently underwent gender reassignment surgery, tears through the field in her buggy. She sees Slaughter's smoking UAZ barreling towards the mercenaries, whom have opened fire on him.

"Witness me!"

The mercenaries shoot Slaughter out of his UAZ, but don't kill him. Seeking to deprive the enemy of satisfying their bloodlust, Ingrid (also known by her codename, "IDR") hits the NOS on her buggy. She misses Slaughter, but manages to splatter a mercenary across her windshield.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Ingrid's car comes to a clattering, sputtering stop, the vehicle and her body now riddled with enemy bullets.

Of the four original members of their squad, only one Reginald "Pooki" Bear remains. Knowing he is the sole survivor, up against a wounded but well armed team, he jumps into the back seat of Slaughter's eastern bloc off-roader with a desperate plan.

Sweat drips down his face as the stress and an angry determination mount, but he does not flinch.

The enemy squad searches the area, inching closer with every sour second.

As they approach his vehicle, Reginald ducks deeper into the cracked faux leather seats, a morbid hunger at the forefront of his mind.

Finally believing they've wiped out their adversaries, the enemy squad members quickly enter the battered SUV. As they start their well-earned drive to freedom, they hear a sharp "clink" and a quiet whisper from the back seat.

"Allahu Ackbar, motherfuckers."

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Mar 21, 2018

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HDI posted:

Holy poo poo that is amazing on so many loving levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's super fun with friends. UP THE BUM NO BABY and I sank one other dudes ship and then got into such a fight with another that they ran off. When we finally showed up to where they landed, they scuttled their ship and exited the game after typing in the local chat "that's them landing".

So we circled the island to make sure they were gone while playing sea shanties. Then we got our characters so drunk that we hit a rock and were too drunk to repair the damage and sank our own ship.

All the reviews say that your experience is basically all there is to the game