Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Erg posted:

Spring 2018: Chio-Chan is summer now sorry

Wait, is that true? If it is, that's sort of a bummerr. The comic is usually pretty fun and I was interested in seeing if the show could pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Erg posted:

Spring 2018: Chio-Chan is summer now sorry

Spring 2018: Chio-chan Got Lost Along The Way

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Actually, that is spring: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=20732

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Spring Season: Frankenstein Family is actually finally airing this time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah there's also the deathgame one about making people your slaves

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Hakumei & Mikochi is really excellent this week, just a wonderful pair of stories :kimchi:

The ed is the catchiest thing too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFFP6_FnvpI

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The op is just lovely too

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I just can't get used to the ultra-moe-blob style. I ended up skipping Girls' Last Tour for the same reason. :negative:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
They're gnomes not blobs :colbert:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gmq posted:

I just can't get used to the ultra-moe-blob style. I ended up skipping Girls' Last Tour for the same reason. :negative:

heretic

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Some extremely good big smiles in the first half of Xmas camping :3:
A good ferocious assassin pup too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im so glad the one of the best anime of 2016 is getting a sequel
https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/975311593599725568

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Endorph posted:

spring season 2018 - if symphogear introduces an agender character dav can be weird about two things at once

Really unnecessary potshot, comon' now.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Guy Goodbody posted:

Spring 2018: gundam toy commercial with the fuckable fox guys

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

spring season 2018 - if symphogear introduces an agender character dav can be weird about two things at once

lol, I missed this one

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Thanks for all of the suggestions folks. New Season Thread is up.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho, YuruCamp, and Koi wa Ameagata no You ni are fighting a weekly battle in my heart for anime of the season ❤️

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

superLINUS posted:

Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho, YuruCamp, and Koi wa Ameagata no You ni are fighting a weekly battle in my heart for anime of the season ❤️

This is the old thread, bro.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I thought you guys were done with the thread but lemon lime called me dumb in a pm so ur thread is re-opened

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
rip grrarg

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I thought you guys were done with the thread but lemon lime called me dumb in a pm so ur thread is re-opened

I mean, this season isn't over for another week and a half, so yeah, that was a bit premature. It's fine to have 2 season threads open at once, so people can talk about each season distinctly.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:rip: Mami

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if antarctica isnt the best comedy/drama anime ever made its drat close

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I love you winter season and yeah Antarctica is pretty and pretty dope.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Endorph posted:

if antarctica isnt the best comedy/drama anime ever made its drat close

It's definitely a show that I think would do great with a general Western audience for sure.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I need to get around to watching Antartica, but every time I turn on CR I end up watching Takagi-san or Mummy instead.

I'm a sucker, I suppose, but they're both so sweet and good-natured.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm honestly scared to watch Antarctica. I don't want to cry right now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Eela6 posted:

I need to get around to watching Antartica, but every time I turn on CR I end up watching Takagi-san or Mummy instead.

I'm a sucker, I suppose, but they're both so sweet and good-natured.

Antarctica is incredible, but I'm happy Takagi exists and random-rear end Internet people are enjoying my compilation video.

Critical Hit!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Expect My Mom posted:

It will be the good cathartic kind of cry at least. It's a very good episode in a very good show.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Expect My Mom posted:

Antarctica is a whole whirlwind of feelings, but more importantly it's really, really good at getting you to feel those feelings. When it wants you to laugh, you will laugh. When it wants you to feel tension, you'll feel tense. And as you might be able to gather by all the chatter around it, when it wants you to cry, you WILL cry. It's just spectacularly well executed all around.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

AnacondaHL posted:

Antarctica is incredible, but I'm happy Takagi exists and random-rear end Internet people are enjoying my compilation video.

Critical Hit!

Rie Takahashi makes the best little noises. She's giving Aoi Yuuki and Tomoyo_Kurosawa (Phos from LoTL) some pretty stiff competition.

Now upload a video compilation of eyebrow girl

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Rie Takahashi makes the best little noises. She's giving Aoi Yuuki and Tomoyo_Kurosawa (Phos from LoTL) some pretty stiff competition.
Watch/Listen to her harmonize with Jun Fukushima was funny as gently caress (you might need headphones):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti5LO8NBLPo

Funnily enough, Rie Kugimiya is(was?) really good at making little noises when she didn't stick to her Tsundere typecasting.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

Watch/Listen to her harmonize with Jun Fukushima was funny as gently caress (you might need headphones):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti5LO8NBLPo

Funnily enough, Rie Kugimiya is(was?) really good at making little noises when she didn't stick to her Tsundere typecasting.

This is great.

Sora Amamiya is actually my favorite Konosuba VA, though: she makes the best loud noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGz5nvg3JZ8

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

This is great.

Sora Amamiya is actually my favorite Konosuba VA, though: she makes the best loud noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGz5nvg3JZ8
:yeah:

I've read somewhere (probably :tvtropes: or some subreddit, probably the seiyuu one) saying that Aqua is so funny because it's basically Sora Amamiya playing herself. And while I don't have the pleasure of knowing Ms. Amamiya, somehow I doubt she's anywhere near as silly/loud/obnoxious as Aqua.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Wark Say posted:

:yeah:

I've read somewhere (probably :tvtropes: or some subreddit, probably the seiyuu one) saying that Aqua is so funny because it's basically Sora Amamiya playing herself. And while I don't have the pleasure of knowing Ms. Amamiya, somehow I doubt she's anywhere near as silly/loud/obnoxious as Aqua.

She more or less says it herself in this radio bit, though more in that she says she has the same extreme highs and lows, and that she's also straightforward emotionally with those who are close to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgtXaMk-0fQ

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

AnacondaHL posted:

That lead me to this, which is certainly something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqPSh-2Qb30&t=1s

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 22, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
that's a lie you watched the rest and then just shared the tamest one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Kibibit posted:

Antarctica is a whole whirlwind of feelings, but more importantly it's really, really good at getting you to feel those feelings. When it wants you to laugh, you will laugh. When it wants you to feel tension, you'll feel tense. And as you might be able to gather by all the chatter around it, when it wants you to cry, you WILL cry. It's just spectacularly well executed all around.

yeah this basically summarizes my assessment of the show. its got loving amazing tearjerker moments but also has hysterical comedic bits. just a masterfully done work all around

• Locked thread