Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm assuming Standard Commander isn't a 100 card singleton format because it would be real, real dumb. It sounds real, real dumb as it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm assuming Standard Commander isn't a 100 card singleton format because it would be real, real dumb. It sounds real, real dumb as it is.

based on their recent track record why would you assume that at all

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Scuttlebutt is that Brawl is just 60 card decks.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
I just want to build green stompy again.

T1 Llanowar Elves
T2 5/4 strong boi
T3 second 5/4 strong boi with blossoming defense as back up
T4 12/12 dino

:getin:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
IDK you can do this right now:

T1 Toolcraft Exemplar
T2 Heart of Kiran
T3 Second Toolcraft Exemplar, 12/12 Dino

e: Also that aside, mono-green stompy+pummeler is a deck with multiple 5-0 mtgo results
e2: And so is mono-green explore stompy

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 21, 2018

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

born on a buy you posted:

mechanically unique limited release promos is basically the one cardinal tcg sin wotc hasn't committed in more than two decades lmao

the next set is going to have ante cards

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Brawl is very clearly "Commander but with the cards we've implemented so far in Arena."

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/scryfall/status/976479193553805314?s=19

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
based on the first story article, we can guess another legend, yet unrevealed:

That's the artwork for Josu, Liliana's brother who sick and died when she got her powers.

He's a Lich working for the Cabal now.

edit: oh poo poo, it could be the artwork for this as well, https://scryfall.com/card/dom/XLM

Other cool artwork from the article:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

they forgot the most defining part.

proooooooooaaaaaaabably

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I can’t wait for Brawl to be highlighted on one of the super leagues and the red white buy a box promo card be the general that crushes

Seems like Wizards is trying to milk the commander crowd some more and get them moved into a rotating format so that instead of just buying commander products they’re buying standard stuff as well to play this amazing new format!

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
As I sit here not plowing in my truck during the fifth failed snowpocalypse, I've noticed Liliana and Bob have skyrocketed in price. What's the best way for me to dump my playsets so I can buy fun jank? I kind of want to play hollow one since I know burning inquiry will tilt a lot of people.

EDIt: my LGS owner just texted me asking how excited I was for the commander filth buy a box promo. Disclaimer: I pre ordered a box to draft with friends at a bachelor party

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 21, 2018

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

smertrioslol posted:

As I sit here not plowing in my truck during the fifth failed snowpocalypse, I've noticed Liliana and Bob have skyrocketed in price. What's the best way for me to dump my playsets so I can buy fun jank? I kind of want to play hollow one since I know burning inquiry will tilt a lot of people.

Facebook or buylist.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

ShaneB posted:

Facebook or buylist.

What's buy list :shobon: ?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

smertrioslol posted:

EDIt: my LGS owner just texted me asking how excited I was for the commander filth buy a box promo. Disclaimer: I pre ordered a box to draft with friends at a bachelor party

Facebook is always the answer as dealing with people directly generally is going to net you the biggest amount.

Some people I know have had luck with becoming a seller on tcgplayer. I am still skeptical because buyer scams are so prevalent there. Results may vary.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sickening posted:

I don't think removing complexity from common has helped things either. While its made o-ring stuff better, who knows what we have missed out on for the sake of "too complex".

This is a Future Sight common. It's a noncreature card with Morph.

This is what we have missed out on.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Also this

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I liked that card though :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Set trailer, voiced by Karn himself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex4ClzZ3oBM

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Did they really have to uh.

Add this?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cactrot posted:

Also this

Judging by how Amonkhet block used the cycle or discard wording, I'm guessing far more players had to ask if Ichor Slick really worked like that than actually got it on their own.

Sickening posted:

It's a creature that can stop being a creature, completely change card types, and apply a static effect to other creatures, as a special action that doesn't use the stack.

I think that should at least be uncommon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the problem with future sight wasn't any one card tho, it was having a billion different cards with different mechanics and stuff

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

smertrioslol posted:

What's buy list :shobon: ?

It's the term used to refer to stores that offer to buy specific cards at certain prices. Since they're reselling the cards, the price they're offering is going to be lower than what they can sell them for (obviously) but it's made up for by the fact that it's really easy and you get your cash (or store credit) quickly.

I've used StarCityGames and ChannelFireball before and it's a really smooth process.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Cactrot posted:

Also this

One common that I expect confused some beginners was

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Count Bleck posted:

Add this?

Why does it have a rarity at all if it's not found in packs?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

keratinous scutes posted:

It's gold, just like nearly all other promo cards.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

Add this?

"Rare" lol.

EDIT:

keratinous scutes posted:

:argh:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

mandatory lesbian posted:

the problem with future sight wasn't any one card tho, it was having a billion different cards with different mechanics and stuff

I love the mix and match mechanic cards, but yeah they’re not a great thing for new players. I’d love to see something in the Conspiracy/Unstable set slot for more enfranchised players that brings the concept back updated with all the new mechanics since TSP block.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Wonder how we get that Minatour card on MTGA/O?

Would be amazing if it ended up being tier 1 tech and you couldn't even play it online.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Aranan posted:

It's the term used to refer to stores that offer to buy specific cards at certain prices. Since they're reselling the cards, the price they're offering is going to be lower than what they can sell them for (obviously) but it's made up for by the fact that it's really easy and you get your cash (or store credit) quickly.

I've used StarCityGames and ChannelFireball before and it's a really smooth process.

I might give that a shot if goons don't want what I have. Now that I think about it, I have a good amount of cards to dump. I want to keep my collection to just a few modern decks and a handful of staples I plan to use.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Thisuck posted:

I just want to build green stompy again.

T1 Llanowar Elves
T2 5/4 strong boi
T3 second 5/4 strong boi with blossoming defense as back up
T4 12/12 dino

:getin:

yeah ive already preordered for this exact deck

mono green stompy

x4 llanowar elves
x4 merfolk branchwalker
x4 jadelight ranger
x4 steel leaf champion
x3 rhonas
x3 carnage tyrant
x3 ghalta

x4 blossoming defense
x4 pounce

x3 karn, scion of urza
x1 nissa

x23 forest

sb
x4 naturalize
x4 plummet
x2 heroic intervention
x3 prowling serpopard

possibles:
cartouche of strength
wayward swordtooth

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

None of you have pointed out the best part yet: It's a foil-only card on the new stock, so it won't be legally playable in tournaments just like Kess! :v:

I really, really hope it ends up in a top tier standard deck.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

AceClown posted:

Wonder how we get that Minatour card on MTGA/O?

Would be amazing if it ended up being tier 1 tech and you couldn't even play it online.

Treasure chests, most likely. Same way they put everything in that isn't getting an online release.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

This card has won me games in pauper. The blowouts were amazing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Shortest Path posted:

None of you have pointed out the best part yet: It's a foil-only card on the new stock, so it won't be legally playable in tournaments just like Kess! :v:

I really, really hope it ends up in a top tier standard deck.

why are foil only cards not legally playable in tournaments?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

i assume he means because foils curve like a motherfucker so they'll be bounced as marked cards

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Kurtofan posted:

Cause the card stock is garbage, and they come pre-bent basically.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The issue of foils bowing seems to be universal across most games.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I thought it was a climate thing, my foils never bent. (also the european card stock is better I think)

the solutions is to buy a box in italian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

Reprint Zoetic Cavern in standard!