Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Too bad then that he's going to be in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Well then, maybe continue down the Justified rabbit hole and go full Olyphantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj7kJaR5pI4

god this is twenty minutes long

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nodosaur posted:

Either way, I really just want Norman in the MCU. Any other people y'all think'd be good?

After he played Steve Jobs in RoboCop, Michael Keaton would come to mind as Norman, but he's already spoken for as Vulture (and he was the lone bright spot of Homecoming, so I'm fine with that).

So off the top of my head, Peter Weller, Robert Patrick, Andre Braugher, William Fichtner or William Sadler.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Timby posted:

William Sadler.

The MCU President has been Norman all along!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He gets suggested all the time for fan-casting (regardless of the character) but Bryan Cranston would do a good job.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Timby posted:

After he played Steve Jobs in RoboCop, Michael Keaton would come to mind as Norman, but he's already spoken for as Vulture (and he was the lone bright spot of Homecoming, so I'm fine with that).

So off the top of my head, Peter Weller, Robert Patrick, Andre Braugher, William Fichtner or William Sadler.

Why am I now finding out that there are people who didn't enjoy Homecoming?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SonicRulez posted:

Why are there people who didn't enjoy Homecoming?

Fixed

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Timby posted:

Andre Braugher

Ooooooo, that could be fun, but in my head I just hear Braugher demand pictures, pictures of Spider-Man, and now I think he should be JJJ.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t wait for Star Lord to get to Earth and find out there are more than 3 Star Wars films :allears:

There's a good gag with that in the How It Should Have Ended for Guardians. Star-Lord finds out that they made movies for GI Joe and Transformers and he's SO EXCITED.

Hours later: "...oh."

SonicRulez posted:

Why am I now finding out that there are people who didn't enjoy Homecoming?

I thought it was just okay. Best Spider-Man depiction/actor and everything Vulture is great (especially the tense car ride), but I can't bring myself to care enough to want to watch it again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't remember who it was but I'm pretty sure I saw someone suggest Danny Glover for Norman recently.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nodosaur posted:

I can understand not wanting them to be all about the goblins again, but like. Norman is THE Spider-man villain. His complete absence would feel like Thor without Loki.

He was gone for over twenty years in the comics. Goblins in general have been around the whole time but not Norman.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I have to admit, I started reading Spider-man circa the late 90's.

It was a very weird time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Well then, maybe continue down the Justified rabbit hole and go full Olyphantastic.

YES. We know he can rock brilliant facial hair, let's make this happen.

Also Homecoming is amazing if you edit out every scene with Ned.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can Ned be Rhyno's war rhinos? Can we finally get him to shut up about it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Also Homecoming is amazing if you edit out every scene with Ned.

Why would you edit out the best part of the movie :confused:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
some real shitass spider-man homecoming opinions on this page

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

The MCU President has been Norman all along!

I hope they actually do this, introducing him as the new president in a post-credits stinger or whatever. Politics are gonna go batshit in the MCU anyway after a full-on alien invasion, and if nothing else a deranged supervillain becoming president is a lot more believable now then it was a few years ago :)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i'm good without goblins in spidey movies after two series with them

but the mcu could use a fun counterpoint to tony/bruce/pym

bring in a new doc ock

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arist posted:

Can Ned be Rhyno's war rhinos? Can we finally get him to shut up about it?

Not even on the same level. A not poo poo actor could have saved the character of Ned.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

He was gone for over twenty years in the comics. Goblins in general have been around the whole time but not Norman.

I was thinking more the five previous movies

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ned is a treasure in Homecoming and it's great to see an actor of Filipino descent be a somewhat-significant character in the MCU.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

Not even on the same level. A not poo poo actor could have saved the character of Ned.

He has like 20 minutes of screentime, all his jokes land, he's playing an awkward teenager, and Homecoming was literally his first movie. This wasn't exactly a role that called for Laurence Olivier, so why does his performance bother you so much? :psyduck:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Soul Glo posted:

some real shitass spider-man homecoming opinions on this page

I envy Uncle Ben because at least he got to miss out on this waste of two hours! But like he always said, with great Holland comes a great coma! And spoiler alert for the credits reveal: a bunch of idiots worked on a terrible movie! NEXT!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

I was thinking more the five previous movies

Oh, I know. You said "movies" in your post. There's a part of me that thinks I'd like a really well-done Goblin adapted* but yes, the movies need to stay away from Goblins.

*Dafoe was a perfect Romita-era Osborn but no movie has ever given me the rooftop-and-water-tower, pumpkin bomb fusillade Goblin/Spider-Man battle I've always wanted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

He has like 20 minutes of screentime, all his jokes land, he's playing an awkward teenager, and Homecoming was literally his first movie. This wasn't exactly a role that called for Laurence Olivier, so why does his performance bother you so much? :psyduck:

Not one of his jokes lands. He's a poster child for pro-bullying.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Phylodox posted:

I’m trying to think of who could play Norman Osborne and my mind keeps circling...Walton Goggins, maybe?

Nicolas Cage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chill Penguin posted:

Nicolas Cage.

Cage should be Galactus.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think my favorite MCU moments have all been Cap, which goes to show how great Evans is at various things

First Avenger - his last lines before plunging the plane into the ocean, that got to me a bit
Avengers - him giving directions to that bozo of a cop
Winter Soldier - Cap barreling through that office chasing Bucky
Ultron - The dispute between him and Tony where he just tears that log in half like it was a piece of paper
Civil War - Pulling down that loving helicopter, the last battle with Tony

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked Cap dropping his shield at the end of Winter Soldier. He would literally rather die than give up on his friend.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
There are too many favorite moments in MCU movies for me to list them all, but off the top of my head:

-"I punched out Hitler 200 times"
-The highway fight in Winter Soldier is my favorite fight in any of the MCU movies. Cap does a really good Shining Wizard and German Suplex.
-As an Asian-American, I very much connected with Morita going "I'm from Fresno, ace" in The First Avenger.
-I really enjoyed the character moments between Black Widow and Cap in Winter Soldier and Civil War. I like the dynamic between them more than the most of the ones between other characters in the other movies.
-Non-Captain America related, I got a good laugh out of "The Wi Fi password. We're not savages" in Doctor Strange.
-Pretty much anything Drax does in the GotG movies. Batista is so great as him.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

Civil War - Pulling down that loving helicopter, the last battle with Tony

The helicopter moment is one of my favorites not for the moment itself, but for how many recollections I've read of someone going faint when he does the arm flip.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Rami Malek would be a good Osborne. He could definitely pull off completely unhinged but buying into his own bullshit.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

Cage should be Galactus.

He'd also make a great Jameson.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Winter Soldier is full of too many great moments for me to choose any one, it's definitely one of my top 3 Marvel movies if you put a gun to my head and forced me to make a list. I agree that the character interactions between Cap, Natasha, and Sam are great (it's the best Black Widow has been in any of the movies imo) and I'll even disagree with whoever said Robert Redford was wasted in the role because his scenes at the climax of the movie were also great (his speech about bringing peace to six billion by sacrificing 20 million, his back-and-forth with Fury). Winter Soldier, Black Panther, and I'm gonna cheat and smush GotG2 and Thor 3 together as one movie, with honorable mentions going to Homecoming for being the first Spider-Man movie I really enjoyed start to finish and Iron Man 3 because I'm a sucker for Shane Black movies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Green Goblin, like the Joker, are villains that should be put out to pasture and just not be used. Yes they're the most iconic villains, but it feels like such a crutch for writers to use them. You don't have to do any work to introduce them or show why they're a threat. That's why the Vulture was such a brilliant choice for a villain.

There's way too many MCU moments I love.
Ronan completely losing his villain cadance when Star Lord starts dancing at him
Star Lord being beaten up to Escape
Hammer dancing out on stage
WIdow casually macing the guy.
Basically anything Thor does when he first comes to earth
Who's Bucky?

Okay, with JL being a giant failure, I cannot imagine WB isn't looking at the DC movies and going to let them keep going in this form. Aquaman is going to come out and so is Shazam, of course Wonder Woman 2 is a shoe in, but outside of that. I really doubt the Flash or The Batman is going to happen, no is anything else. Like Suicide Squad 2? I really doubt that will happen, nor Gotham City Sirens. Batgirl is dead. Thing is, maybe Aquaman will be really good? Maybe Shazam is the hopeful happy story that DC should have been doing since the start, and maybe that will turn things around. I don't think the grimdark blue filter thing is popular anymore, I mean the world is lovely enough to go see movies that also feature a lovely world.

I don't think things are hopeless, but they need new blood, and break free from the legacy of Nolan and Snyder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Osborn doesn’t have to mean Goblin.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Away all Goats posted:

I liked Cap dropping his shield at the end of Winter Soldier. He would literally rather die than give up on his friend.

My favorite part of that bit is Bucky's absolutely intense stare after, "til the end of the line." He may not have remembered everything, but he knew just enough.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Not my fave, but one I always liked: The cutback to the car with Sam and Bucky after Cap kisses Sharon.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Most of my favorites have already been named, but one I haven't seen yet is the intro of GotG 2. Yeah, it's corny, it might feel a bit marketing-thing with the oh-so-cute Groot dancing away, but it just completely set the tone of the movie for me. I'm always amazed how there is this incredibly big CGI-spectacle going on in the background that could have been the action-packed climatic ending to a movie, and they're using all that render power to focus on a dancing tree.

Also a big fan of the GotG series starting with someone dancing over the starting credits. Although I won't mind GotG 3 just starting with the camera zooming in on Drax standing there.

That, and the "YOU MUST BE SO EMBARRASSED". Bautista just sells it so well with his infectious laughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That's actually one of the things I didn't like about GOTG2. It was cute for a minute or two but it just goes on ages and it wasn't even clever or interesting to look at. It didn't help that a ton of the marketing had this laser-sharp focus on Baby Groot. By the time the movie rolled around I was already sick of seeing him and then the first five minutes are just him dancing around while something more interesting is relegated to the background.

• Locked thread