Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's not a think piece though so sure

I'm starting to get confused about what point you think you're making.

bushisms.txt posted:

Secret best landis film.

Harsh, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WB picked up Marvel's slack and made a Clint Barton movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQu77pgnpg

edit:
Actual Marvel trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TT0ZREuoKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEaHKYL12Vo

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 21, 2018

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Snowman_McK posted:

Harsh, bro.
Did you see that Victor Frankenstein movie? Never saw it. I like American ultra more than chronicle which i thought was considered his best work. American ultra is awesome and has surprise Johnny Legz cameo. Plus the direction is a more brutal greengrass crossed with Edgar wright flavored fight choreography.

The MSJ posted:

WB picked up Marvel's slack and made a Clint Barton movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQu77pgnpg

Had to stop the trailer, legit want to see this.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, this looks really fun.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/EW/status/976599877441306625

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86RtevtfrA

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Well, my hype is back. That looks loving awesome.

That bit where DP blocks the shot with his hand, twists the mook's wrist 180 degrees and blows his head off with his own gun :shittypop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah that looks fully good and what the hell, Terry Crews?? And the more Brianna Hildebrand the better. :swoon:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

looks like that leak about deadpool 2 was right, given that trailer

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

looks like that leak about deadpool 2 was right, given that trailer
The one where Baccarin dies in the first 10 minutes?

Boo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

The one where Baccarin dies in the first 10 minutes?

Boo.

yup, it mentioned the plot involved saving a kid

a bummer but I'm kinda glad I know about that ahead of time

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
We don't know for sure who they were talking about in those leaks; Blind Al and Weasel are also possibilities, and the latter would explain why they pretty much ignored the whole TJ Miller situation (since they'd be killing him anyways). We saw a lot of Baccarin in the trailer and not a lot of those two, which makes me think that even if she does die, she's still important to the movie and not just a quick fridging.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

We don't know for sure who they were talking about in those leaks; Blind Al and Weasel are also possibilities, and the latter would explain why they pretty much ignored the whole TJ Miller situation (since they'd be killing him anyways). We saw a lot of Baccarin in the trailer and not a lot of those two, which makes me think that even if she does die, she's still important to the movie and not just a quick fridging.

it specifically invoked the women in refrigerators trope and brought up the initial story where kyle rayner's girlfriend is murdered, i don't see how it'd be anyone else but deadpool's girlfriend

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Brother Entropy posted:

it specifically invoked the women in refrigerators trope and brought up the initial story where kyle rayner's girlfriend is murdered, i don't see how it'd be anyone else but deadpool's girlfriend

That would be incredibly lovely. Her being a damsel in distress at the end of the first movie was a low point.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brother Entropy posted:

I'm pretty sure it brought up that initial story as part of explaining the reference, not as a specific touchpoint for the DP2 thing. Blind Al would still totally qualify as a fridging.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That bit where DP blocks the shot with his hand, twists the mook's wrist 180 degrees and blows his head off with his own gun :shittypop:

If Leitch's John Wick/Atomic Blonde action style meshes with Deadpool sick humor as well as that gag suggests, this is going to be pretty fun.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
BSS is reporting that the main villain of the movie isn't Cable, though, it's Black Tom Cassidy. I have no clue who that is or what it means.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Cythereal posted:

BSS is reporting that the main villain of the movie isn't Cable, though, it's Black Tom Cassidy. I have no clue who that is or what it means.

best known for being juggernaut's friend and dick all beyond that

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Cythereal posted:

Yeah it seems pretty obvious to those "in the know" that Cable is an obvious red herring, since he is a good guy who does not generally kill children. Black Tom Cassidy is I think a tree based mutant and bffs with the Juggernaut, from the little I've seen of him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I don't think anyone was expecting Cable to be the villain.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't think anyone was expecting Cable to be the villain.

I had assumed he'd be turned around (wild guessing here) once it was revealed that killing that kid wouldn't alter the future he's trying to prevent - he'll probably need to kill someone else or do something else to really stop the dystopian future he's from.

Also, is the black guy in the helicopter shot Bishop? It'd be funny for the two From-The-Future mutant dudes to argue over comic book style time-travel-physics with each other.

Wait, do they come from the same future or different futures in the comics?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok so I wasn't looking into Deadpool 2 at all so all I knew was that Cable was going to be in it and trying to prevent a bad future like he usually does. Didn't realize there was a kill baby Hitler aspect.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LashLightning posted:

I had assumed he'd be turned around (wild guessing here) once it was revealed that killing that kid wouldn't alter the future he's trying to prevent - he'll probably need to kill someone else or do something else to really stop the dystopian future he's from.

Also, is the black guy in the helicopter shot Bishop? It'd be funny for the two From-The-Future mutant dudes to argue over comic book style time-travel-physics with each other.

If you mean Terry Crews, it looks like he's playing Bedlam.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Chris Evans is making noise about being done with Marvel again.

quote:

Last year, he filmed back-to-back the final two Marvel movies for which he is under contract — “Avengers: Infinity War,” due in April, and a sequel planned for next year. For now, he has no plans to return to the franchise (“You want to get off the train before they push you off,” he said), and expects that planned reshoots in the fall will mark the end of his tenure in the familiar red, white and blue super suit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh he's signed on for Avengers 4? Unlikely to die in Avengers 3, then, which is what I was assuming would happen in that scene with Thanos.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LashLightning posted:

Different, Bishop is from a future where mutants are held in concentration camps ala Days of Future Past.(The M on his face is how they mark mutants in that timeline) Cable comes from a future where Apocolypse style mutants have conquered the world.

I think there's been stories where the two have fought because what prevents Bishop's future from happening causes Cable's to happen.

Edit: Yeah, I'll spoiler it since it sounds like they might have cribbed some of the story for DP2 Bishop tries to hunt down and kill a newborn baby because, in his timeline, she goes apeshit and kills a couple million humans leading to all mutants being branded and living in concentration camps. Cable saves and protects her because in his timeline she eventually overthrows the regime and brings lasting peace to mutants and humans. I believe this story also involved The Multiple Man trapped in the future and teaming up with an incontinent, barely lucid Dr Doom driving around in a jazzy.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 22, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/976856784810987520

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

thrawn527 posted:

Oh he's signed on for Avengers 4? Unlikely to die in Avengers 3, then, which is what I was assuming would happen in that scene with Thanos.

They have something called the Time Gem, and also the person that wields the Infinity Gauntlet is omnipotent. So, you know, they can quite literally do whatever the hell they want.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Yeah even if they do ice him (see what I did there) in Avengers 3 there's a billion ways to bring him back for one last hurrah in 4.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Didn't pictures from the set of Avengers 4 show people in their old uniforms and locations? It's possible that Cap and lot of others die in Avengers 3, and Avengers 4 has the surviving heroes getting Time Stone back and fixing things.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Didn't pictures from the set of Avengers 4 show people in their old uniforms and locations? It's possible that Cap and lot of others die in Avengers 3, and Avengers 4 has the surviving heroes getting Time Stone back and fixing things.

There were a couple of set photos that showed RDJ and Renner in their getups from the New York battle in Avengers, yeah.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
In interviews, the Russos have strongly implied that the Battle of New York scenes from A4 set pics are actually involving Stark's holographic BARF technology from Civil War, not time travel or flashbacks per se. But I guess we'll see.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Crows Turn Off posted:

Oh man, some Back To The Future-style shenanigans could be fun. Doc Shuri and Rocket McFly's Cross-Dimensional Time Adventures.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crows Turn Off posted:

That would be a bit silly. You have the perfect opportunity to have some cast members, who can't do this forever, finally exit stage left. To bring them back to life and then, I don't know, have them out in the universe somewhere in case the actors do come back would be so stupid.

I really think if they kill Iron Man or Cap in Avengers 3, they should probably stay dead.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh man, some Back To The Future-style shenanigans could be fun. Doc Shuri and Rocket McSpider's Cross-Dimensional Time Adventures.

FTFY :colbert:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I really think if they kill Iron Man or Cap in Avengers 3, they should probably stay dead.

I'm sure once Disney hates making money this will happen.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MrJacobs posted:

I'm sure once Disney hates making money this will happen.

What's the other option? Recast? Or have old man Iron Man and old man Captain America kicking around?

I mean, I'm fine with either, but considering how huge Guardians of the Galaxy was, it kind of doesn't matter who's in these movies, people are seeing them regardless. Seems like a good time to clear the board of the most expensive actors and move forward with the newer characters.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

thrawn527 posted:

What's the other option? Recast? Or have old man Iron Man and old man Captain America kicking around?

Logan just did well, you think they won't keep this in their back pocket for another hurrah like in Avengers 5? Evans aint that old and Rdj has a mechanized suit. War machine is already piloted by a paraplegic.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

What's the other option?

Use the time gem to send Steve back to finally have his date with Peggy. In subsequent films, he’s played by Ed Asner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

hell yeah

https://i.imgur.com/iommPEb.gifv