Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm hoping that a large part of that was Dom capers being inept and that haha can rebound with a better scheme. It is concerning though. Also our depth in the backfield is going to be so paper thin that any injury to king or dix is going to be brutal.

I'm more optimistic about Pettine than I was about another year of capers, but I think it's going to be another year of getting torched in the backfield if the pass rush can't get home.
Exactly. I can't help but blame the scheme when it was so one dimensional that the Packers gave up the most 3rd down conversions in the league (or very close to it) with a disproportionate amount being 3rd and long, an obvious passing situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

iospace posted:

Because the team in your avatar is a massive tire fire?

And so are the Tigers!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Tramon's back biiiiitch

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

nerve posted:

Tramon's back biiiiitch

I was going to complain about signing an over-the-hill 35 year old cornerback, even if it's Tramon, but he's better than a lot of what we got right now, so welp.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

nerve posted:

Tramon's back biiiiitch

My first thought when I heard this was "Tramon is still playing football?"

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Allegedly he played really well last year according to pff. And he should be familiar with Pettine's schemes which is a plus.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH gently caress YEAH GUESS WHO'S COMING BACK "THE SHERRIFF" SHERRICK MCMANIS THE WINDY CITY WILDCAT

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I choose to believe that that's not a real person

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

I choose to believe that that's not a real person

the longest tenured bear

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

R.D. Mangles posted:

the longest tenured bear

I choose to believe that’s not a real franchise

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BGrifter posted:

I choose to believe that’s not a real franchise

Don't worry, neither does the rest of the NFL.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Allegedly he played really well last year according to pff. And he should be familiar with Pettine's schemes which is a plus.

The Packers signed him for two seasons but in all honesty I don't expect him to play more than one. Even as old as he is, having a stable veteran presence who knows the defense will be valuable.

Between Mo and Tramon I'm kind of OK with what the defense is right now, especially as long as we pick up a blue chip player in the draft. Everything I've read about Harold Landry and Marcus Davenport, though, has me convinced that they're an unacceptably high bust risk, and I'd rather the Packers trade up for a better player (Vita Vea!), stay put for Tremaine Edwards, or trade down for Leighton Vander Esch to really round out the linebacking corps. Picking up a corner or safety at 14 is also OK, but I don't expect anyone the Packers have access to at these position to be able to make a meaningful contribution this season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AaronLemingNFL/status/977245821023342592?s=19

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

What did this say?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/st...=thepackerswire

if u accumulate enough old and/or busted corners, they will probably be able to manage 16 starts between them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Meh

Between Tramon Williams and (I think soon?) Davon House, who actually played well before getting injured, I'm fine with our veteran presence at CB and leaning on King/Rollins/Pipkins to develop.

I'd like to see the Packers pick up Eric Reid at something like $3M and use him like we used Micah Hyde a couple years ago, while keeping HHCD and Brice/Jones on the field.

After that, just focus on linebackers/defensive line in the draft, pick up a corner in the third, TE or WR in the second, good to go.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Bears will wear their orange jerseys for their alternates this season, in at least a couple of games.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'd like to see the Packers pick up Eric Reid

the packers are way too white to sign eric reid

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The Bears will wear their orange jerseys for their alternates this season, in at least a couple of games.

orange trubinsky will soon be a collector's item almost as coveted as the mystical Orange Orton

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

orange trubinsky will soon be a collector's item almost as coveted as the mystical Orange Orton

orange kevin white jersey is gonna rule

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dubious posted:

the packers are way too white to sign eric reid

No Kuhn and no Jordy Nelson anymore

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/LDCMichigan/status/978994838162100224

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Very disappointed there wasn't a life-sized Lego Matt Patricia.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Only so many Legos in the world.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

As a Lion's fan, I do not relish the fact that our coach apparently takes style pointers from Kevin Smith.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Apex Rogers posted:

As a Lion's fan, I do not relish the fact that our coach apparently takes style pointers from Kevin Smith.

I'm pretty sure that IS kevin smith, man.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Matt Patricia could wear a goddamn Roman Centurion uniform and I wouldn't give a poo poo if he won a couple playoff games.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I would honestly prefer that to the shorts and hoodie manchild outfits.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonz posted:

Matt Patricia could wear a goddamn Roman Centurion uniform and I wouldn't give a poo poo if he won a couple playoff games.

A soldier hopelessly outmatched by modern standards. Seems appropriate.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Matt Patricia should dress as The Mountain

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Whooping Crabs posted:

No Kuhn and no Jordy Nelson anymore

Jeff Janis also gone. Now who will all the assholes Scott Walker voters inexplicably pronounce the best player on the team despite being pretty terrible.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Jeff Janis also gone. Now who will all the assholes Scott Walker voters inexplicably pronounce the best player on the team despite being pretty terrible.

Troy Fumagalli after we draft him in the 5th

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Also if Janis and Randall were coveted Eliot Wolf picks, judging from the Browns bringing them over, then I think the Packers may have dodged a bullet by going with Gute over Wolf.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Pops Mgee posted:

Look for the white player whose plays an obscure position and whose name most closely resembles an ethnic slur. Those fans need to be able to shout their insecurities under the guise of rooting for a player.

Fake Edit: Am I the only one to make the "Kuhn" <=> "Coon" connection? These "smart" fans know to support the hard-working blue collar player playing a position largely relegated to a by-gone era over the flashy newcomers.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Apex Rogers posted:

Look for the white player whose plays an obscure position and whose name most closely resembles an ethnic slur. Those fans need to be able to shout their insecurities under the guise of rooting for a player.

Fake Edit: Am I the only one to make the "Kuhn" <=> "Coon" connection? These "smart" fans know to support the hard-working blue collar player playing a position largely relegated to a by-gone era over the flashy newcomers.

Absolutely not. I definitely made the connection as well as a few other people. I think one of the cards in the online tff cards against humanity deck was something along the lines of "A white Packer fan that enjoys yelling Kuhn just a little too much" or something like that.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In the prime days of him getting the ball on 3rd and 1 and being stuffed at the line of scrimmage, if you brought up that very, very, very obvious connection they just yelled at you about how Wisconsin is actually a very cultural place

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I remember back in 2010 there were talks of the Packers trading for Marshawn Lynch before he ended up going to Seattle. As much as I would have loved having Beast Mode, the idea of Lynch and Kuhn being in the same backfield and the potential chants that would have occurred would have been super problematic.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Pops Mgee posted:

I remember back in 2010 there were talks of the Packers trading for Marshawn Lynch before he ended up going to Seattle. As much as I would have loved having Beast Mode, the idea of Lynch and Kuhn being in the same backfield and the potential chants that would have occurred would have been super problematic.

:stonklol:

Lena Dunham
Sep 19, 2017

Apex Rogers posted:

:rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Apex Rogers posted:

Or a player with a single syllable name makes a fun play and fans just like drawing it out.

See also Duke Johnson JR. in Cleveland.

• Locked thread