Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Slimnoid posted:

Whoa whoa whoa hold the loving fort here: Castlevania?

Tell me more.

Sure, try giving it a listen here: http://ufopress.co.uk/2018/02/10/introducing-project-blue-book-rhapsody-blood-playtest-session-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The Kickstarter is going quite well! Thanks to anyone in this thread if they contributed - we've funded about 15% in the first 24 hours. Do you guys have any suggestions for where else I can share the project/spread the word?

Mors Rattus posted:

Consider using the GM advice section to discuss the realities of the period, where you chose to change things, why you did it, and how gms might be respectful of real historic issues.

This is exactly what I was going to do, thank you. That said, I'm acutely aware of how important wording and use of language will be. I feel like it's a segment I'll need to rewrite a bunch.

inklesspen posted:

I'd also like to see something about Native perspectives in this new wild west game.

In the Rulebook, there's a section on planning the world of the game. One of the suggested settings I was going to include was the Sioux Wars. I find that period both fascinating and, from a modern perspective, revolting. I'd definitely want to include a lot of context for the scenario. A much darker setting that won't be for everybody and will take tremendous effort to pull off correctly, I think, but worth exploring.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Only 4 hours left for Nights of Fire!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Edge of darkness thoughts? My reminder warning is here.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm stoked, glad they got all the tiers in the last hours.

Bombadilillo posted:

I've heard/read that the custom card drafting is slick and interesting but the design is very overwrought for the kind of game it is, especially with all the backer stuff. Hard to tell and way too expensive for me in any case. Sure looks cool.

E: Shut Up and Sit Down had a segment on it where after a play test one of them was very excited while another was unimpressed. Might be worth looking up.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 21, 2018

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/141004033/on-ouisconsin-for-5e-dungeons-and-dragons-adventur

As a Wisconsinite this amuses me.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Ha! Yeah, I'll throw that a few bucks.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

If he doesn't put something interesting in Lake Geneva, he's fired.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

I ultimately decided I was too turned off by the pricing and the way they ran their Kickstarter to bother. YMMV.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
The following is only indirectly TG-related but well...
If you´re somewhere in northern Europe and like good roleplaying music,
you might have heard of the german group ERDENSTERN. They´ve done
a number of soundtrack and ambient track cds for different games and genres,
from generic explorative wilderness adventures, to cthuhu-esque horror,
and made a number of concept cds, like the one for Mountains of Madness et al.

They´ve started a Kickstarter for a live concert
in October 2019, and there are still cards to be gotten. So far they´ve gotten about 8k € from their needed 34k € needed
and have gone for four days. Kicktraq predicts a stable growth towards stretchgoals (up to 224% at first, which was kinda weird).

If you like good roleplaying music, and want to support a good thing, help them out. I know I did =)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

homullus posted:

Thanks for the reminder, Rutibex. Do you also have a copy of Skull made of cereal boxes and clip art, for when you're tired of standard playing cards?

A set of those poo poo cardboard beer coasters is the original way to play per folklore. Seems cooler than a deck of cards or cereal in my eyes.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

Has anyone posted about Imp of the Perverse yet? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ndpaoletta/imp-of-the-perverse-a-jacksonian-gothic-american-h

It looks potentially interesting and it's by the guy who designed carry and World Wide Wrestling, so it's probably going to be a pretty decent game.

I wish the shipping wasn't so bad, though. :(
They should do a Murders On the Rue Morgue expansion and call it the Chimp of the Perverse.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Word screenshots with highlighted spelling errors are poor form.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Warthur posted:

They should do a Murders On the Rue Morgue expansion and call it the Chimp of the Perverse.

we do not discuss the orangutan

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mors Rattus posted:

Which aren't chimps anyway.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Mors Rattus posted:

I love this story.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if anyone else is following the Flying Circus updates, but I think this is the first time I've ever actually been excited to read about playbooks. Especially the Survivor. Holy cow.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Bieeanshee posted:

I don't know if anyone else is following the Flying Circus updates, but I think this is the first time I've ever actually been excited to read about playbooks. Especially the Survivor. Holy cow.

The Fisher sounds so cool. I can't believe there's a "Cthulhu take the wheel" ability.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The Fisher is definitely intriguing, and that stunt made me grin. The Survivor's focus on concealment and slow revelation speaks to me on several levels. Plus masks are cool.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Oh, hey, two years late and midway through the next stage of their KS delivery, 7th Sea has added Danielle Lauzon as their new Line Dev and is talking about rules errata for the stuff that was broken at publication!

https://7thsea.libsyn.com/timelines-errata-and-the-future-of-7th-sea-with-danielle-lauzon

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh, hey, two years late and midway through the next stage of their KS delivery, 7th Sea has added Danielle Lauzon as their new Line Dev and is talking about rules errata for the stuff that was broken at publication!

https://7thsea.libsyn.com/timelines-errata-and-the-future-of-7th-sea-with-danielle-lauzon

Still beats the usual "what are you even talking about, it's all working just fine" approach.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, it's nice to see a line dev be completely candid about their job being internal consistency across products for quality, too. God knows other games I play like Shadowrun are loving terrible at that.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Bieeanshee posted:

Just checked this out and it sounds rad. Hopefully that last stretch goal is spell jammer....

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Bieeanshee posted:

Yeah, I backed it for the intriguing flight mechanics, and then it turns out there's this whole amazing post-apoc fantasy world attached to those and I am itching to play it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Summerland's almost done. It's got a bunch of PDF rewards of adventures and the like. Looks like it should be a good time.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 23, 2018

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Mors Rattus posted:

The correct option is to introduce them to Red Dragon Inn, which has the benefit of being at least a decent game that normal people can get into and learn pretty fast.

What have you done?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dammit, monkey’s paw, why can you never do this when I feel malicious

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

the only genius in the whole fucking business
Its so cool to hear people are into the playbooks. I'm a very mechanics-oriented gal and I was worried about talking about background stuff because I didn't think anyone would care, but the reception has been really great.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

open_sketchbook posted:

Its so cool to hear people are into the playbooks. I'm a very mechanics-oriented gal and I was worried about talking about background stuff because I didn't think anyone would care, but the reception has been really great.

Honestly that stuff is making me way more excited than the basic "adventure piloting" pitch, although I'm sure that will also be exciting in play.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

open_sketchbook posted:

I got in on the PDF level (Wingman, though as someone on a fixed income I really appreciate the Ground Crew pledge level) and considered splurging on the pretty playmats, because useful props are fun, and they're pretty. The Fisher was really cool, but the Survivor just grabbed me and wouldn't let go until I bumped up for a softcover copy. Seriously looking forward to release. :)

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

That's really neat. The Survivor comes from a really personal place, being basically a metaphor for my experiences being trans. Just, you know, I was in a metaphorical toxic environment instead of a literal one.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I kinda wondered about that. I'm trans too, and the Survivor spoke to me like few things, let alone games, ever have.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Piping up as a second trans voice feeling that. omg.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's the Hellboy from Mantic's upcoming Hellboy game

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

MollyMetroid posted:

Piping up as a second trans voice feeling that. omg.

As a fourth data point the Survivor in Legacy was the playbook a trans friend of mine really latched onto, such that she pledged at the 'be the model for the playbook art' tier for it. Huh!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Can anyone who late-backed Human Interface: Be a Better Human and lives in the states tell me what to expect with regards to fulfillment?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Flavivirus posted:

As a fourth data point the Survivor in Legacy was the playbook a trans friend of mine really latched onto, such that she pledged at the 'be the model for the playbook art' tier for it. Huh!

That's awesome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Adding yet another data point to that, I saw the KS when it was posted and thought 'neato' but was unsure if I wanted to back it until a trans member of my game group brought up and basically told me 'no dude trust me they have a whole playbook that's basically 'YOU'RE A GSM METAPHOR' and it's actually done really well'.

So props on that, my first scan of it was 'oh, cool, sky captain funtimes' but hearing that made me actually look deeper into it and pledge.

Also yea, extremely cool there's a 'hey, honor system, if you need a helping hand pledge here' level

open_sketchbook
Feb 26, 2017

That's really good to hear!

Yeah like... i dunno. Just because the game is a lot of sky pew pews and stuff doesn't mean it can't get real and stuff. Like...

From a mechanical standpoint, this is a game about airplanes. But from a narrative and emotional standpoint, this is a game about building a community out of people from different identities. Each of the playbooks is supposed to come from a different place and have different values and a different struggle and then they teach each other about themselves and their lives and build something new and lovely.

There's a reason that the enemies are all like, ossified forces of the past. Ghosts, mostly figurative and sometimes literal, that want to freeze culture in its tracks or regress it to The Way It Was Before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

This conversation has pushed me from "hmmm, Flying Circus looks interesting but I'm not all that into tactical dogfighting, I'll think about it" to a project backer. I'm going to go read through the playbook previews now.