Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

Is the King's Raid goon guild goonsquad? I mean hopefully it is, I applied as MoreTaxWhen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

"Hey, the new quest chain has been spitting special summon tickets at me, I might as well take a punt on those for this 'summon two items' quest."

*ULTIMATE WEAPON FLASH*

:hellyeah:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it worth it to have a PUBG mobile thread? Or does this game not really lend itself to posting about it, outside of adding friends?

Probably not, but we should def have a Kings Raid thread.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Pubg mobile has bots okay

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

hooah posted:

Is there any reason not to hold off on the research reduction runes until you have two or three things being researched at once? It seems like using one of those runes on only one research would be a bit of a waste.

You should pretty much always have 3 going

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Well, I yeah, when I can afford it. Not often the case.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Marvel Strike Force has been in soft launch for a while, I think it's going to be out sometime soon. It's a lot like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in many ways. I have made an Alliance called Goonsquad so if anyone wants to join if they got in early. I am pretty sure the Alliances are not locked to different shards but if they are that sucks. I'll keep watch once it goes live for people posting.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

hooah posted:

Well, I yeah, when I can afford it. Not often the case.

I kind of forget what the early game is like, since I've been playing Idle Mage for a couple years or something now. In general, you get to the point where you will always have 3 researches going at a time, and you always want to fund them as soon as possible. The +X research time or increased research rate runes I don't really find useful most of the time, and I have a ton of them stacked up in my bags (I have a ton of every rune stacked up by now, though). If you start rushing research too much you run into a wall where you can't afford anything further until your next enchant drops the prices again. The game vaguely feels balanced around the point where funding everything keeps you up to date, but rushing with the runes doesn't ever get you too far ahead.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tap Wizard: What is Empowering at the obelisk? Is it worth using the paid currency to do? I'm going to assume it gives you the benefit of Enchanting without having to start over which is pretty meh if so. 250 smackers for +1 seems very not worth it in that case.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

explosivo posted:

Tap Wizard: What is Empowering at the obelisk? Is it worth using the paid currency to do? I'm going to assume it gives you the benefit of Enchanting without having to start over which is pretty meh if so. 250 smackers for +1 seems very not worth it in that case.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it does. It's something for super late game after you've bought all the permanent shop items and all you're spending runite on is super boost runes or dungeon keys. It didn't exist in the game's previous incarnation but when you're reclaiming to zone 95 or so an enchant can take hours of active play or a half a day idle so it's not awful, especially when you wait for a +2 or +3.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

It is not worth it. It gives you usually 20% damage, 15% research discount, 20% research speed. You get to do it about twice every 1×10^1 of power.

Save the premium for assistants.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got it, thanks. Any recommendations on which assistant to choose? Coming up to 400 runite now so I'm getting close to being able to afford one.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

explosivo posted:

Got it, thanks. Any recommendations on which assistant to choose? Coming up to 400 runite now so I'm getting close to being able to afford one.

I'd start with Nick, if you leave the game idle for any length of time then still picking up runes while you're ignoring it is the most useful option. The other two aren't bad, but they can mostly be boiled down to 'do a little more damage and get a little more spell xp'.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
What are the most noteworthy games to have come out in the last year or so? I'm looking to get a few games to waste some commute time.

Generally, I prefer paid games rather than stuff loaded with ads or IAPs.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Circle Nine posted:

What are the most noteworthy games to have come out in the last year or so? I'm looking to get a few games to waste some commute time.

Generally, I prefer paid games rather than stuff loaded with ads or IAPs.

Monument Valley 2 is fun. Someone mentioned Knights of Pen and Paper got a sorta sequel in Galaxy of Pen and Paper but I haven't tried that yet.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The Stranger Things game is a Zelda like that's both completely free and is quite long for a mobile game so it should keep you occupied for a while. As for paid games, Cat Quest is also a pretty great action RPG, and if you like management sims Motorsport Manager 2 has a lot more depth than the first game. There's also the new Layton game if you like puzzles.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

syscall girl posted:

Monument Valley 2 is fun. Someone mentioned Knights of Pen and Paper got a sorta sequel in Galaxy of Pen and Paper but I haven't tried that yet.

It's okay. Kind of. I am weary of its Ready Player One approach to references where it's just an unending barrage of thinly-veiled pop-culture trivia. I know that many actual role-playing campaigns are like that, but the gameplay is also not particularly deep, and Doctor Who and Power Rangers jokes are not adding much to it.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't know that calling ready player one "thinly veiled" is really fair. The whole plot is literally that some billionaire thinks the 80s were the height of culture and makes the world do Ms pac man trivia contests. There's no veiling.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Azhais posted:

I don't know that calling ready player one "thinly veiled" is really fair. The whole plot is literally that some billionaire thinks the 80s were the height of culture and makes the world do Ms pac man trivia contests. There's no veiling.

I was mainly talking about the amount of references. But when your own original character who is not Ziggy Stardust called Zoopy Skyburst it's not an improvement.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I unironically love how almost all of my bookmarked threads somehow end up not only mentioning Ready Player One, but understandably bashing it.

:allears:

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I've neither read nor watched ready player one and I still have a strong understanding of how much and why it sucks

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I wasn't gonna say anything *biting my tongue* but Paladinus is probably right about the game anyway

I liked the first one pretty well but it's been a while

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

syscall girl posted:

I wasn't gonna say anything *biting my tongue* but Paladinus is probably right about the game anyway

I liked the first one pretty well but it's been a while

Galaxy of pen and paper is a better game than the first two games. However the memes are offensively bad. You fight the fly the spaghetti monster. You fight Nyan cat who only talks in early 2000s memes. Random NPCs have a huge chance saying "I used to be an adventurer... and I still am!" so I have seen it upwards of 20 times. Basically I tapped through the dialog pretty quickly in many spots.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Someone earlier mentioned cytus 2 and holy moly is it polished and fun but some of the tunes are banging.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Alright, all this kings raid talk got me interested. Applied to goon squad as overseer07.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm doing

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Applied to Goonsquad as DriverError

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Knifegrab posted:

Someone earlier mentioned cytus 2 and holy moly is it polished and fun but some of the tunes are banging.

So the music is better than the first one? O could deal with the nonsensical/scant story, but I just couldn't get into the music.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

hooah posted:

So the music is better than the first one? O could deal with the nonsensical/scant story, but I just couldn't get into the music.

Never played the first one. The music is anime as gently caress so bear that in mind.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Knifegrab posted:

Never played the first one. The music is anime as gently caress so bear that in mind.

Yeah, that was what I didn't like. I know due to cost/copyright they've got to get their own music, but at least provide some variety! Or they could do classical music...

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

hooah posted:

Or they could do classical music...

This reminds me that I should probably check Pianista out.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Is there a King's Raid thread? It's kind of breaking the flow to ask questions about the game in here but oh well.

I have 3* Clause, Maria, Frey and Epis. What should I snag for my "June 2017" 5* ticket? I guess this doesn't include the latest characters.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

J3ng4 posted:

Is there a King's Raid thread? It's kind of breaking the flow to ask questions about the game in here but oh well.

I have 3* Clause, Maria, Frey and Epis. What should I snag for my "June 2017" 5* ticket? I guess this doesn't include the latest characters.

That happens every time a new flavor of the month game comes out. Give it a week

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

J3ng4 posted:

Gau if possible. Nyx is another solid one if he's not available. Gau can solo or nearly solo bosses CC bars, while doing okay DPS and tanking. Nyx is a physical mage DPS. Don't forget to join the guild (Goonsquad) if you haven't already too.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh my good god almighty, getting the third perk for Phillop's second skill has made him a brick shithouse of defense. 8s CD on a 10s 20% ASpd and 25% ATK debuff? On top of him shredding fuckloads of armor for my Miruru and Selene? :getin:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Are there any goon groups that play DC Legends? I'm just starting out but wanted to see if there was any other people that play.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That happens every time a new flavor of the month game comes out. Give it a week

I don't mind flavour of the month discussion in this thread. Usually if it becomes popular enough that a thread actually splits off is a good indication I should give it a shot. :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

mrkillboy posted:

This reminds me that I should probably check Pianista out.

Yeah, this is great. It took like 30 minutes to adjust the timing for a bluetooth headset, but ah well. Thanks for the recommendation!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Man, some of the dungeons in Tap Wizard are just full of damage sponges. I had to abandon one that had taken me almost a half hour to get to zone 3.5 because there was no way I'd be able to whittle down the troll at the end.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, I finally actually got into Polytopia, and wow, that's how you do paid content. It's very 'shareware'-like, in that you get the main gameplay experience with your starting civilizations, but can pay to unlock others with I'm assuming different units and abilities (I haven't bought any yet, but it's definitely my plan to do so).

This is the weird Civ Rev-esque game I've been looking for, and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I finally actually got into Polytopia, and wow, that's how you do paid content. It's very 'shareware'-like, in that you get the main gameplay experience with your starting civilizations, but can pay to unlock others with I'm assuming different units and abilities (I haven't bought any yet, but it's definitely my plan to do so).

This is the weird Civ Rev-esque game I've been looking for, and it's great.

Polytopia is indeed great.

I'm still playing The Alchemist Code even if no one else is, which is a gacha FFT-alike that's surprisingly generous with premium currency and gives you a path to grind out a lot of genuinely useful units for free.

Latest time killer is 18: Dream World, which is a stylish match-3 that one of the Lumines designers was involved with. It's also janky as hell, is loaded with Engrish in the portions of the dialogue that they bothered to translate (seriously, they left the latest event quest dialogue all in Japanese), and it may or may not have been abandoned. Interesting to fiddle around with but for god's sake don't spend money on it.