Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Looking for advice about improvements to my Impale DH:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Grummun-1685/hero/99309228

I'm re-forging an amulet on the side and I know I need some more augments, but is there anything glaring besides that?

Speaking of augments, what's the easiest way to farm Ancient pieces of my set gear? Just GR & gamble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I think most people run with Wolf companion rather than boar? Other than that, nothing glaring I can see.

And yeah reforge and gamble, and just generally run lots of rifts so you're getting legendary drops (which you need for souls to reforge anyway).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You should try to get Impale % on your helm and anything besides Area Damage on shoulders since it's near-useless for Shadow. Wolf instead of Boar. Also probably going for a higher legendary roll on the Karlei's and CoE. I'd try to gamble your set chest and legs first for ancients to augment since they're very straightforward slots and aren't likely to frustrate you with crap rolls.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
rip my HC monk. you died doing what you loved; standing in an arcane bolt during the split second my controller died :v:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I finally cleared a 70, closest before was a 65 in season 11. I'm kinda stuck on what to do now besides re-rolling individual pieces, which means running bounties? Not sure I want to move the whole thing over to Firebird's. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JawnV-1851/hero/98691592

I keep seeing other builds zooming past me, so I asked someone to plvl a monk. Sunwuko's the speediest or should I just make a support monk?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Maker Of Shoes posted:

rip my HC monk. you died doing what you loved; standing in an arcane bolt during the split second my controller died :v:

My boy had his cherry popped!!!

You are officially a hardcore player. Your challenge coin and ID card are in the mail. Fridays we wear Hawaiian shirts

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol challenge coin

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

John Murdoch posted:

A frustratingly large number of my primals have been generic legendaries.

I keep getting bracers without crit or elemental damage

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

A frustratingly large number of my primals have been generic legendaries.

Kind of surprised they don't at least juice things a bit by only allowing set or affix-granting primals to drop

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What level runs are you guys doing to get primal drops, cause I've only had one drop...

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

obi_ant posted:

What level runs are you guys doing to get primal drops, cause I've only had one drop...

You only have to beat GR 70. Then it's just a matter of a legendary item rolling as primal. There is no difficulty level in the game that makes primal items more likely to drop.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Are there any active communities, clans or players on PS4? I mostly play PC, but I've pushed to the augmenting part of this season where I usually drop off. I would like a power level if anyone is still playing there this late in the season.

PSN is ShipyardLegend

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Got my first primal ever today, Invoker boots. Boring but I'm running Invoker so that's nice

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Sign of a dying game..hoping Blizzcon brings good news.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Zaekkor posted:

hoping Blizzcon brings good news.

10 new xmogs!

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Diablo IV in 2023!

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Jan posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This challenge rift -- it's official, Blizzard is trolling us.

"Oh, a Wizard challenge, I'm good at Wizards."

... :yum:

From a ways back, but this is also not pointing out that the witching hour is a str witching hour. They really do have an algorithm designed to pick troll builds.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

pyromance posted:

From a ways back, but this is also not pointing out that the witching hour is a str witching hour. They really do have an algorithm designed to pick troll builds.

I think the challenge rifts would be strictly better if they only chose builds off The Thrill conquest leaderboards.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

The last EU one was literally a Thrill build on a level 45 rift.

Still sucked.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

pyromance posted:

It's an LoN build and all the off-class items are ancients! It's the easiest rift in months, you ninnies

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You're doing double damage, we're not.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
It was the easiest one on NA PC version since maybe the very first one this season. Activate 1 3 4 and tap RMB and use 2 to to around. Beat it first try with 30ish seconds left

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Zaekkor posted:

Diablo 3 on the Switch!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Jan posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This challenge rift -- it's official, Blizzard is trolling us.

"Oh, a Wizard challenge, I'm good at Wizards."

... :yum:

I love how it resembles end-game gear from vanilla.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Zaekkor posted:

I seem to remember an article stating that they would like to release a D2 remaster edition, but the main thing holding them back is just how to prevent the mass hacking and botting.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Bring back Pindlebot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I beat the story. Right now I’m level 70/35 paragon. What greater rift should i start on?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

RCarr posted:

So I beat the story. Right now I’m level 70/35 paragon. What greater rift should i start on?

it'll restrict how high you're able to go and raise the limit over time. try the hardest one it lets you do

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ok. And how do I get more rift keys?

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

RCarr posted:

Ok. And how do I get more rift keys?

running nepahlem rifts

i really like this resource for providing endgame structure: https://d3resource.com/journey/

if you aren't running a seasonal character you should start one. it'll take an hour or so to get back to 70

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea mine is seasonal, I’m having a blast. Thanks for the info!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Do you mean you beat chapter 4? I can't imagine you'd be at 35 paragon if you got guardian.

Go shift-J and see if you can enroll for a new tier in the lower right

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

mewse posted:

Do you mean you beat chapter 4? I can't imagine you'd be at 35 paragon if you got guardian.

There's a campaign mode, with an actual story, if you forgot. Shocking, I know. :ssh:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jan posted:

There's a campaign mode, with an actual story, if you forgot. Shocking, I know. :ssh:

:negative:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Quick reminder, Kanai's Skorn is now available if you haven't gotten it yet.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Wanna know how to poo poo yourself in hardcore? Ignore a rift boss spawn to chase a goblin pack then get straight up sniped into a OHK cheat death from off screen the second your ult goes down.

https://i.imgur.com/fvoQtrU.gifv

You can see me just hold down the Wave of Light button in sheer panic. :v: Pardon while I change my shorts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I made it up to GR26 today! This is fun

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Wanna know how to poo poo yourself in hardcore? Ignore a rift boss spawn to chase a goblin pack then get straight up sniped into a OHK cheat death from off screen the second your ult goes down.

https://i.imgur.com/fvoQtrU.gifv

You can see me just hold down the Wave of Light button in sheer panic. :v: Pardon while I change my shorts.

Never play HC.

Seriously, now: I've had a thing today where all the blues and golds on rift levels seem to appear in the same place. I've sometimes been fighting two gold and two blue packs at the same time, and it's happened two or three times now. Anyone else seen that?

(Also gently caress Kadala, I must have dropped 10k shards and got two of every other Spirit Stone but no Gaze.)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I’ve completed enough seasonal tasks to get the full 6 pieces of the Sunwuko set (Monk), and the complete set bonus is insane. Will I be using this full set of armor for a really long time? Because I can’t see myself ever switching a piece out unless I have a huge upgrade for every item.

Also, can you pull a set bonus property off a piece of armor and use it in the cube? Or is that only from legendaries?

I’m just running around spamming the Bell attack dropping 50+ million damage per attack and it’s awesome :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RCarr posted:

So I’ve completed enough seasonal tasks to get the full 6 pieces of the Sunwuko set (Monk), and the complete set bonus is insane. Will I be using this full set of armor for a really long time? Because I can’t see myself ever switching a piece out unless I have a huge upgrade for every item.

Also, can you pull a set bonus property off a piece of armor and use it in the cube? Or is that only from legendaries?

I’m just running around spamming the Bell attack dropping 50+ million damage per attack and it’s awesome :D

Legendaries only. You can wear or cube a RoRG to cut down the number of pieces you need to wear and most Bell builds do because the Gaze spirit stone is a must. Properly specced and with not a lot of effort you'll be dropping bells at 2-5 billion.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 26, 2018