Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pontius Pilate posted:

Not even close to the top three as it stands.

Verdict?

Death by ZOT!

Best title will forever be "there is always more and it is always worse."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I must be partial to "oil is like fertilizer for the ocean".

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mustached Demon posted:

I thought that was the politoons thread title.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Fulchrum posted:

That was 'there's always Muir and it's always worse'

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fulchrum posted:

It came from here originally I believe. I stopped following that thread years ago so whatever.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The best is always going to be "Freep: The revolution will be denounced as a false flag operation".

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Still rationalising!

I Refuse to Lose My Mind Over the Omnibus Fiasco, and So Should You

Not gonna quote the whole article but basically:

Kaslin (paraphrased) posted:

"Trump was put in a no-win situation by the swamp and a veto would've been worse."

Some Freepers are not buying it. It's a big-ish thread so I'm gonna have to cherrypick the replies, but worth reading in full if you're interested in watching compaction cycles in their birth throes.

heights posted:

To: Kaslin
Sure, Trump funding Abortion and every other Leftist enterprise, but not funding the Wall, is just OTA.

2 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:10:43 AM by heights

steel_resolve posted:

Trump: I will never sign another omnibus.
Trump: I will never recertify Iran deal.
Trump: Dreamers have to go.
Trump: I surround myself with the best people (do I really need to list the losers he has fired?)

4 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:12:56 AM by steel_resolve (And an angel still rides in the whirlwind and directs this storm)

allendale posted:

Sorry but Trump made a disastrous mistake by signing this vile monstrosity. He has lost at least 1/3 of his core support and lost an opportunity to revitalize and redefine the Republican Party with a carefully crafted veto message. The people who came out in droves to vote for him in 2016 are now disillusioned and will stay home in 2018 and 2020. The vile Democrats will reacquire power and grave harm will come to the country. There is no sugarcoating this stupidity and its aftermath.

7 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:17:06 AM by allendale (.)

Some, however, agree with the author. In response to someone suggesting to actually read the bill:

nopardons posted:

To: Slyfox
EXACTLY!
And for those who wish that he had vetoed it, need to realize what kind of all out HELL the MSM and all of those in Congress, not to mention the general public who hate him anyway would have made of that; not to mention a dilapidated/decimated/underfunded already military shambles that would have left this nation with.

We don't live in a dictatorship, nobody in D.C. would stand for what Obama got away with, if Trump followed suit/emulated him, and whilst we don't like most of the things we have been told are in this Bill, a Veto ( which would have been over ridden ! ) was the worst option; like it or not.

8 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:18:09 AM by nopardons
...wait, I thought you guys were the "general public"..?

goldstategop posted:

As Vice President Pence reminded us, we need to elect more conservatives. That’s only we’ll get the government we want - and need.

Getting mad at President Trump accomplishes nothing. And Pelosi and Schumer will give us lots more than another omnibus - they will take away our freedoms.

Let’s keep our focus and fire where it belongs - on the Democrats and turncoat squishes in the GOP and send conservatives to Washington.

The fate of our country depends upon it.

6 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:15:42 AM by goldstategop (In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever)

jospehm20 posted:

I agree with the author. I still like Trump, especially compared to Hillary!.

9 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:19:55 AM by jospehm20

...only to get shot down immediately. Which way will the groupthink ultimately go?

heights posted:

To: nopardons
” a Veto ( which would have been over ridden ! ) was the worst option; like it or not. “

Bullshit. He could have used it to expose the monstrosity of corruption we face, instead, he backed down.

11 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:22:01 AM by heights

Dagnabitt posted:

Trump was elected to stop our homeland from becoming Mexico.

On that basis he has earned an “F”.

He has fought for nothing and let the Democrats write his agenda.

12 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:23:13 AM by Dagnabitt (Point at the Q-Tards and Laugh!)

nopardons posted:

To: allendale
You don't know how many, let alone your madeup number, have deserted him, or might.
If people who supported him in '16, stay home this fall, in a substantial figure, then they are cutting of their collective nose to spite their face and are bloody stupid to boot!

That's opening the door to a Dem take over, impeachment and a Senate where, for the first time EVER, an impeached president WILL be thrown out of office; you can take that to the bank! And what then, a Pence presidency? Pence is worthless and if anyone imagines that he would follow Trump's stances, they need to be put away in an insane asylum.

14 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:23:35 AM by nopardons

allendale posted:

Nobody likes that scenario but it is likely to happen because Trump failed to do what he was elected to do. He in the end acquiesced to the nonsense and people have lost faith. The consequence is that the vile Democrats will again have power and will harm the country. Just the way it is, thanks to stupidity by Trump.

22 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:27:52 AM by allendale (.)

proust posted:

If we don’t lose our minds over Trump singing $500,000,000 to Planned Parenthood, when is the appropriate time to lose our minds?

27 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:33:55 AM by proust ("The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday, but never jam today.")

Compaction cycle, you say?

nopardons posted:

Your scenario only happens if Trump supporters are even MORE stupid, brain dead, and insane as to sit home come the fall.
Will some desert him over this and not vote?

Probably and THEY are the ENEMY just as much as GOPEers and Dems are!

28 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:34:31 AM by nopardons

Check out this guy's perception of reality, just lol at the bolded bit:

4Runner posted:

I call BS. The laws of physics that the author seems to think apply to Republicans and Conservatives apparently just don’t apply to Democrats, do they? Barry Soetoro of Kenya was elected two times by the most gullible and dumbed-down electorate in American history. He got just about every damned thing he wanted from a congress, media, and judiciary which kept pleading with his majesty to please please please step on them, or by giving them all the finger when they didn’t. Don’t give me anymore stinking liberal fairy tales. Trump blinked first. We lost.

33 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:40:33 AM by 4Runner

They just seem confused about whether to be optimistic or in a rage-fuelled despair. They haven't been told what to think yet and deciding for yourself is hard.

prejudice.DJT posted:

1 it’s an omnibus not a budget
2 he can spend the money as HE chooses (just like obama did)
3 read the letter he wrote to McConnell and Ryan
4 read the EO declaring a national emergency (December 21)
5 democrats have been snookered

38 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:46:13 AM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT)

QuigleyDU posted:

Sorry but Trump made a disastrous mistake by signing this vile monstrosity. He has lost at least 1/3 of his core support and lost an opportunity to revitalize and redefine the Republican Party with a carefully crafted veto message. The people who came out in droves to vote for him in 2016 are now disillusioned and will stay home in 2018 and 2020. The vile Democrats will reacquire power and grave harm will come to the country. There is no sugarcoating this stupidity and its aftermath.

==

Maaaaayyyybe. But your predictions depend on what happens next, as in before the midterms. Here are events that favor Trump. Finally joining the Trade War against the Chinese who have been in a trade war with us, while we simply allow job losses. OIG report implicating Deep Statist, any more push for gun control by the loons. All favor the good guys.

41 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:51:49 AM by QuigleyDU

vette6387 posted:

To: scottinoc
“Nor do the piss-and-moan crowd here.”

You know, I try to be charitable, but there’s a flock of folks here whose fingers go into gear on their keyboards with nonsensical $hit before they’ve managed to engage their brains. I get really tired of “The Let’s Throw Trump Under The Bus” Bunch,” who crank up that “all is lost” if the President doesn’t fart on cue for them.
But they do have “company’ in the Right wing chattering class. A prime example is Ann Coulter, who $hits on Trump regularly for not following what she considers to be “good” Conservative orthodoxy. I can’t stand this business of counting Trump out day after day, in the face of his record.

43 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:52:43 AM by vette6387

Mollypitcher1 posted:

To: heights
Bullshit! You’re the one with his head in the pits. WHEN in the history of this country has ever a president been faced with the crapheads and pretenders that Trump has been faced with? You and every other naysayer need to stop calling yourselves Americans if you can’t take a little setback with OBJECTIVITY!
There is an old saying, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going!” I belong to that brand of American. You obviously belong to the “instant success” idiots who think everything is as easy as pushing a button. GROW UP!
Trump “has exposed the monstrosity of corruption” since he has been in office. He receives little help from non supporters like you.

45 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:56:42 AM by Mollypitcher1 (I have not yet begun to fight....John Paul Jones)

raiderboy posted:

It was the greatest attack on the people since 9/11. Trump sold is out!!

48 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:59:42 AM by raiderboy (The lie "...if we have to close down our government, weÂ’re building that wall" DJT)

Mollypitcher1 posted:

To: Dagnabitt
He has fought for nothing and let the Democrats write his agenda.
The accomplishments of this president have outshone ANY OTHER PRESIDENT in my lifetime, including REAGAN. The Democrats receive unwarranted support from thin skinned idiots like you who support THEM instead of Trump.

50 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:00:21 AM by Mollypitcher1 (I have not yet begun to fight....John Paul Jones)

No, PoisonPill, do not take a step back and look at the whole picture, you will not like what you see

Poison Pill posted:

It isn’t just this bill. This is becoming a pattern.

57 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:05:39 AM by Poison Pill

Hey xzins... maybe it's both:

xzins posted:

The problem isn’t the signing. The problem is the pretense of reps, senators, and White House. They’ve known for months this vote was coming on this date. But to hear all of them say they didn’t figure out until this last week that they were cut out of the process and wouldn’t even be able to read a 2200 page document that magically appeared before them is not believable. We are being scammed and they all played along with it.

Of course, it is possible they are this stupid.

63 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:15:11 AM by xzins (Retired US Army chaplain. Support our troops by praying for their victory.)

And what does this observation tell you about your favourite site's views on free speech, Kortographer?

Kartographer posted:

To: heights
You shouldn’t criticize Trump on this not if you plan to stay on FR. Believe my I know.

65 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:16:06 AM by Kartographer ("We mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.")

EliRoom8 posted:

To: Dagnabitt; Mollypitcher1
“Princess” and “Snowflake” because she deigns to defend the President? You’ve chosen anti-Trump housing, may I suggest you stay there with your new-found buddies..

76 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:33:16 AM by EliRoom8

fortheDeclaration posted:

To: Poison Pill
Trump has completed more of his promises in his first year then any other President, and that against overwhelming opposition.

77 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:33:37 AM by fortheDeclaration (Pr 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation:but sin is a reproach to any people)

For some, reality is too much to ignore:

nopardons posted:

To: Mollypitcher1
Once upon a time, long, long ago, when FR was new, bright & shiny, the specious drivel that now gets posted daily, by the morbidly blind to reality, did NOT get posted often, if at all.
Back then, posters actually knew and understood history and politics. Oh, okay, nothing is 100% and there always were a few crazies here; however,I am truly appalled by the number of those now posting puerile, uneducated, and frankly insane crap and going all wobbly.

It's almost as bad as DU, on some threads.

78 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:34:12 AM by nopardons

While for others...

sargon posted:

To: Kartographer
You shouldn’t criticize Trump on this not if you plan to stay on FR. Believe my I know.
Bullsh!t. Stop engaging in propaganda!

The real situation is this: you shouldn’t criticize Trump on this bill and additionally declare yourself a #NeverTrumper!

And saying that you no longer support the President (moving forward) is tantamount to declaring yourself a #NeverTrumper, understood?

I'm glad we could have this talk. If you still support President Trump, I daresay you're welcome on FR.

If instead you b-tch, moan, groan, and—like a #NeverTrump troll—snottily announce that you no longer can support the President, then you may find the welcome mat yanked out from under you.

So "don't be a scum-sucking #NeverTrumper who doesn't support the President moving forward" would be my heartfelt advice to you.

This has been the clear paradigm since before November of 2016. Nothing has changed regarding the site policing guidelines, as far as I'm aware—written and unwritten—and I'd suggest that you don't push the envelope.

Personally, I think that JimRob does an exemplary job at keeping this forum focused. I wholeheartedly endorse his judgement. And supporting President Trump—especially against the backdrop on a pervasive, ongoing Deep State coup attempt—remains an integral part of that focus.

If you aren't on board with that, to the point where you no longer support the President, then—with all due respect—step off!

Disagreeing with individual decisions made by the President is fine. Doing so to the point of dropping your support for him—that is, being a #NeverTrump troll—is categorically not fine.

There are plenty of sites you can go to to indulge in #NeverTrump masturbation. FR isn't one of them...

86 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:46:26 AM by sargon ("If the President doesn't drain the Swamp, the Swamp will drain the President.")

You must cut yourself off from any and all sources of information that disagree with your worldview!

higgmeister posted:

Stop swallowing, as whole cloth, MSM and GOPE propaganda!
You are freaking hilarious, as I haven't watched any MSM or GOPe propaganda news in years. I haven't even watched Fox News since the Megyn Kelly debate ambush. I have a subscription to OANN and read our news forum, you should try that and you might not fly off the handle so much.

I believe a vast number of voters would support a principled patriot in spite of anything scheming political hacks might advise our President to do. I feel his own honest counsel is the best.

105 posted on 3/26/2018, 7:31:42 AM by higgmeister ( In the Shadow of The Big Chicken)

Dagnabitt posted:

To: EliRoom8
Sorry you can’t handle reality delicate blossom. Best you stay in fantasy land.

Miles of Wall built: Zero.
Miles of Real wall funded: Zero.
Times NY Donny has fought for wall funding: Zero.

111 posted on 3/26/2018, 7:51:21 AM by Dagnabitt (Point at the Q-Tards and Laugh!)

Er... sir? We don't "post facts" around here.

hoosiermama posted:

To: higgmeister
Stop arguing with the whiners and post them facts. Or are you looking for the negative so you can argue. There is plenty of articles and documents that support the fact that Trump is not off the tracks. I just sent you three. Do you need more ammo?
He is not going to fund planned parenthood, Obamacare etc etc. Those are all attempts to divide. REFUSE to argue and state facts or show documents
Don’t play the bots games

120 posted on 3/26/2018, 8:48:41 AM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT)

Death to all students!

Elsie posted:

There is no sugarcoating this stupidity and its aftermath.
Can we still kill unborn future American citizens (students) with impunity?

126 posted on 3/26/2018, 11:15:42 AM by Elsie (Heck is where people, who don't believe in Gosh, think they are not going...)

COBOL2Java posted:

To: nopardons; Mollypitcher1
The moaning and pissing crowd here fall into 2 distinct categories: 1) the #NEVERTRUMPERS 2)the immature, “feelings NOT thinking, Hogg-like political naifs, who demand instant gratification.
Well said! Oftentimes FreeRepublic seems like the neighborhood bar. You've got folks having nice happy hour political discussions, interrupted by the loud drunks at the next table mouthing off their muddled, half-thought out self-serving bromides.

144 posted on 3/26/2018, 1:20:31 PM by COBOL2Java (The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen)

They are in disarray.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Mustached Demon posted:

"A song of ICE and tires."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

"May America Burn in Hell" was my favorite, right after the Supreme Court imposed mandatory sodomy ruled for marriage equality.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Erenthal posted:

There's a special place in my heart for this one, even if others are more purestrain Freepy

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
With Fred Rogers recent birthday I decided to see how Freep's view of him has changed over the years.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1842899/posts?q=1&;page=1

Mr. Rogers might have been even nicer than you thought -2007

Most of the posts are what one would expect from normal human beings "Wow, what a great man!" etc. A few stand out though in both good and bad ways

quote:

I have no problem with Mr Rogers. I have a serious problem with being taxed, against my will, to fund him (and PBS).

16 posted on 6/1/2007, 12:20:18 AM by Wheee The People (Go FRed)

quote:

Gay.
Gay.
Gay.

28 posted on 6/1/2007, 12:43:50 AM by WackySam (Just say no to Rudy McRomney)

quote:

I miss him; he made me feel special.

30 posted on 6/1/2007, 12:47:06 AM by Saundra Duffy (Mitt Romney for President !!!)

quote:

To: DesScorp
"If you’re proudly living in sin, the Bible makes it abundantly clear that no, He doesn’t. Christ called all men to change and be Holy. So if you’re a thief, murderer, rapist, or shacking up with the same sex, God loves you anyway but wouldn’t tolerate such behavior. Rogers sounds like he caught the same disease killing the old mainstream Protestant churches....Cafeteria Christianity."

I respectfully disagree.

You, me or anybody on the Earth is completely unaware of how God will judge others....we can guess. We can even hope that God judges some men very harshly. But before we wish that on anybody else I think we should look into our souls first and see what we truly are.

Liar, thief, adulterer, murderer, coward, hypocrite, fornicator, blasphemer, are just a small number of sins that I may have committed.

Do I find proud or hypocritical men disgusting? Yeah.... because I'm one of those men. ........ we all are.

I think that Mr. Rogers may have been on the public dole for too long, but he was harmless. It sounds like he was trying to let the people that were less than perfect realize that God's kingdom is open to all of us. That our repentance and coming to him can be made from any sinner. That we are all sinners and that only through the greatest gift we can receive will we be forgiven and allowed to be given a small chance to be in his glory.

I think God loves you just the way you are. He loves all of us. Even the most vile, disgusting and twisted among us......but just because he loves us, doesn't mean we'll all be saved. I think it means that we all have the opportunity to accept his gift of grace.

Of course that's just my opinion....and I could be wrong....for my sake I hope I'm not.
71 posted on 6/1/2007, 3:24:44 AM by Dick Vomer (liberals suck....... but it depends on what your definition of the word "suck" is.,)

quote:

To: FormerLib

Leave God to sort it out. Otherwise, we’re no better than the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

50 posted on 6/1/2007, 1:26:02 AM by Hoosier-Daddy

quote:

Mr. Rogers was the ONLY thing worth watching on PBS. With characteristic west Pennsylvania friendliness, Fred Rogers was able to talk TO children without talking down to them.

Laugh all you like, but Fred Rogers was a cherished part of my childhood. I WISH I had a neighbor like him.
118 posted on 6/1/2007, 2:30:28 PM by Clemenza (Rudy Giuliani, like Pesto and Seattle, belongs in the scrap heap of '90s Culture)

I wonder how many of them are banned now,

And more recently

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3627121/posts

Tom Hanks to Play Mr. Rogers In Biopic ‘You Are My Friend’ (EXCLUSIVE) -2018

quote:

I hate Tom Hanks after he was so rude about our president.

6 posted on 1/29/2018, 2:44:24 PM by MarMema

quote:

I’l take unbelievably boring movie topics for $200, Alex.

26 posted on 1/29/2018, 2:54:13 PM by Flick Lives

quote:

Surely this can’t be meant for movie theaters. Who would pay to see a biography of a children’s show host?

40 posted on 1/29/2018, 3:27:32 PM by skr (May God confound the enemy)

quote:

He’s not my friend and I damned sure with he wasn’t my neighbor...

54 posted on 1/29/2018, 4:38:05 PM by gov_bean_ counter (Free Republic has been reduced to primarily a gathering place for the inane, banal, and obtuse.)

quote:

Never let my Kids watch Mister Rogers...........sugary everybody be friends get along crap.

56 posted on 1/29/2018, 4:39:44 PM by Mastador1 (I'll take a bad dog over a good politician any day!)

quote:

As a tyke I always liked the Cap’n, I think mostly because of the outlandish backup cast.

Years later when I came home from college (no tv in the tiny old WPA-built dorm) and first saw Mr. Rogers, I thought perv pedo kiddie diddler right from the get-go.

Weird pansy pajama boy grown old.

74 posted on 1/29/2018, 8:09:23 PM by Fightin Whitey

The whole change in tone is utterly jarring.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s what happens when your entire political stance is based on hate for anything other then you or those like you. You start seeing everybody else as “the other” that must also be hated. It’s that same hate that’s seeped into their personal life that has left them estranged from their families and kids but they can’t see it because they refuse to exist outside of a echo chamber bubble

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'm more concerned about the Freeper who listed murder as one of his potential past sins.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Mantis42 posted:

I'm more concerned about the Freeper who listed murder as one of his potential past sins.

frankly if anyone disses Mr. Rogers in front of me it may become one of mine too :madmax:

Anyone know of anywhere on TV or online you can stream episodes from by the way? I have a kid now and it would be a goddamn tragedy if she grew up without him.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

frankly if anyone disses Mr. Rogers in front of me it may become one of mine too :madmax:

Anyone know of anywhere on TV or online you can stream episodes from by the way? I have a kid now and it would be a goddamn tragedy if she grew up without him.

Amazon has some of them for free if you have a Prime account.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mantis42 posted:

I just assume they're taking to heart the actual words of Jesus, that anyone who hates a person is guilty of murder.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Khizan posted:

The best is always going to be "Freep: The revolution will be denounced disavowed as a false flag operation".

:goonsay: fixed

Edit: how do you think these “all mainstream media are liars” people would react to news of trump’s removal from office? How many dimensions of chess is that gonna be? Or would they just deny it had happened and keep on keeping on?

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 27, 2018

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zanzibar Ham posted:

That was 'there's always Muir and it's always worse'

And then we had the Trump threads "'There is no Moore, and it is getting better."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Nckdictator posted:

Amazon has some of them for free if you have a Prime account.

You're a saint.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mantis42 posted:

Hopefully that references a tour in the military if meant literally.

Hopefully.

If it was said by a current-poster on Freep, I'd probably not have as lofty a hope. Things have really gone downhill in terms of rabid outlooks.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Apparently building The Wall will help keep out tubercular Chinese people somehow?

quote:

"...TB disproportionately affects foreign-born New Yorkers — accounting for 86 percent of all cases in the city.

Many of the infected city residents came from China, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, India or Mexico..."

And the areas most infected by TB in NYC exactly correspond to the areas where these diseased illegals live. Flushing = Chinese, Sunset Park = Hispanic, western Queens is a mixture. NOW YOU SEE WHY WE NEED THE WALL---do we need to have active TB carriers in our midst? Do you want your kids to sit in a classroom filled with active TB cases? I well remember getting notices from the school nurse, WELL into the semester, warning me not to let So & So into my class because they lacked required vaccinations. They had been allowed to sit in the class next to the other kids plenty long enough for them to have infected everyone. Why the school nurse waited months to send out this notice was always beyond me.

1 posted on 3/26/2018, 11:16:25 PM by EinNYC

Note that the foreign-born make up 37% of NYC, so while 87% of TB cases (if true) is disproportionate, it's by a factor of 2, not 10.

Hey Freep, good call, maybe we need better public health services and to make sure we steer vulnerable populations to said services?

As a minor side-note, while Mexico does have a higher overall TB rate than the US, Mexico also has higher *vaccination* rates for many diseases, particularly measles where Americans have slipped to 92% coverage and Mexico is at 99% coverage.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Bombs found at several DC military installations

Well, the most recent serial bomber was a white Conservative dude, so we can extrapolate...

quote:

Could be LGBT activists protesting the president’s directive on TransTroops. Could be Muzzies. Could be Lefties protesting the President’s plans for the military taking lead on The Wall. Could be a combination - never assume these vermin don’t want to work together when it suits them, even if they would normally despise each other in different situations.

38 posted on 3/26/2018, 5:30:51 PM by AzSteven ("War is less costly than servitude, the choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." Jean Dutourd)

quote:

My money would still be on a ISIS type individuals or groups. However, they are pretty stretched out and show a degree of incompetence. It is, in fact, weird and might even be Antifa pumped up by the anti gun demonstrations (if that even makes sense).

48 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:29:24 PM by JimSEA

quote:

Or provided a nice diversion for any kind of coordinated ne’er do wells to plant them all. Antifa types?

53 posted on 3/26/2018, 6:58:26 PM by SueRae (An administration like no other.)

quote:

It’s pretty sad that the FBI is becoming the first suspect that comes to mind instead of radicalized Muslims.

57 posted on 3/26/2018, 7:46:12 PM by MNDude

quote:

I have no idea how many Moslems work on Ft. McNair or any of the other bases

Me neither, but the proper number would be ZERO.
64 posted on 3/26/2018, 11:20:02 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (The Obama is about to hit the fan.)

quote:

Could be LGBT activists

Why, it could be mozlum queers.
66 posted on 3/26/2018, 11:27:53 PM by ROCKLOBSTER (The Obama is about to hit the fan.)

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 27, 2018

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

never assume these vermin don’t want to work together when it suits them, even if they would normally despise each other in different situations.
All those radical gay trans Islamic Maoist terror cells such as...

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

O..O..Obama??!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guavanaut posted:

This is just beautiful. One group that has never done anything, "Well of course it must be them"

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Has there been even a single instance of Freep blaming a left-wing SJW for a terror attack that actually turned out correct?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/misterrogers

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Bombs found at several DC military installations

Well, the most recent serial bomber was a white Conservative dude, so we can extrapolate...

You know, like all those LGBT bombers in the past such as

chitoryu12 posted:

Has there been even a single instance of Freep blaming a left-wing SJW for a terror attack that actually turned out correct?

obama

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, they blame every terror attack on the left, so neccessarily yeah.
The Scalise shooting is the only recent one that comes to mind though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Erenthal posted:

This was my favorite old thread title too

Malaria ridden tire fire wall is just so amazingly terrible

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

This was my favorite old thread title too

Malaria ridden tire fire wall is just so amazingly terrible

And on the other end of the spectrum: self healing mine field.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

wilderthanmild posted:

Someone watched a little too much star trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kufWE2r46w&t=71s

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

Do you have the full quotes of this? They where good for a laugh.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Post poste posted:

Do you have the full quotes of this? They where good for a laugh.

It’s in the OP. Some other gems too.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
‘Roseanne’ Revival’s Huge Debut Stuns Hollywood, Prompts Soul-Searching

Freepers are really excited about the Roseanne reboot!

quote:

I watched it on Hulu today and laughed non stop. They really know how to be funny.

11 posted on 3/28/2018, 9:45:57 PM by McGavin999 ("The press is impotent when it abandons itself to falsehood."Thomas Jefferson)

quote:

Everything that disrupts the leftist agenda is good.

12 posted on 3/28/2018, 9:47:44 PM by bigbob (Trust Trump. Trust Sessions. The Great Awakening is at hand...MAGA!)

quote:

I’ve heard that the Passion of the Christ was one of the biggest grossing movies of all time.

And I’ve heard lots of people say, Hollywood will make movies and TV shows which sell, and that Hollywood is not really trying to push liberalism.

How’s the new homosexual themed movie, “Love Simon” doing at the box office?

I wish people would at least be honest enough to admit, that a movie such as Love Simon, or Brokeback, would simply not have been made decades ago.

9 posted on 3/28/2018, 9:43:00 PM by Dilbert San Diego

This is actually kinda interesting analysis. Can anyone recommend any news articles on why the show is doing well, if it's meeting some unmet need in popular culture?

quote:

I assume that was a rhetorical question; but, I’ll answer it regardless.

The left side of the market is saturated with programmng choices, while the shelves are bare on the right side. A quality show, with a rightward tilt, has few competitors.

16 posted on 3/28/2018, 9:52:37 PM by USFRIENDINVICTORIA

A significant chunk of the thread is making jokes about the term "soul-searching":

quote:

Hollywood denizens can’t ‘soul search’ because they don’t have souls...

What they’re doing is musing about making billions of dollars if they can force themselves to include half the population they usually give the finger to...

21 posted on 3/28/2018, 10:01:30 PM by GOPJ ("Morning Joe and his Smiling Sycophants"... for times when only 'creepy' satisfies...)

Of *course* Freepers like Home Improvement:

quote:

gosh thank you Rosanne. it’s basically you alone against the entertainment industry. Tim come back!

27 posted on 3/28/2018, 10:11:25 PM by dadfly

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Of *course* Freepers like Home Improvement:

Nah, they like Man of the HouseLast Man Standing; which is Home Improvement if instead of the climax of the episode being Wilson telling Tim to stop being such a loving rear end in a top hat you get Tim lecturing his wife and daughter about the Rights of Man and the superiority of Conservative Thought. Freep was quite upset when it got shitcanned.

E: I was apparently confusing it with a 20 year-old Chevy Chase movie. :psyduck:

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 29, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea he owned like a hardware store but also had a vlog(?) and every episode would end with him looking into the camera and ranting about Obama. Baby Boomers are mentally deranged.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
It was called Last Man Standing, and it was basically one long series of freep fantasies tied together with a laugh track because not a single one of the "jokes" were even remotely funny. It was all punching down about how terrible and stupid and naive young people/Liberals are and how conservatives are fighting a losing war to save society from being overwhelmed from selfish/spoiled morons. This brief clip from the series finale really tells you literally everything you need to know about the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Ex0iCNr7c

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 29, 2018

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Given that there's a lot of talk about the nonbinary kid character being welcomed and supported in the Roseanne reboot... give it just a few episodes for them to turn on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Eh, I'm not sure I would describe "I can't set the table, my nail polish isn't dry!" while John Goodman rolls his eyes and the laugh track plays as being very supportive and welcoming.

Anyway, Content! Arpaio says he will resume attacking Obama's birth certificate if elected

Yeah, keep loving that chicken you crusty old fascist!

Freep is... surprisingly against this.

quote:

Please tell me that McSally or Ward are going to get this nomination and not Arpiao. He would be Roy Moore redeaux.

1 posted on 03/27/2018 2:41:18 PM PDT by DoodleDawg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]
I guess Moore shook them... more than they want to admit.

quote:

To: DoodleDawg

“I don’t talk about it anymore, until I become a U.S. senator. ... So I’m kind of dropping that right now,” Arpaio told the Western Conservative Conference in Phoenix, Arizona.”

More and more reason to support Arpaio on his path to becoming a US Senator.

There, he will have a voice, a platform and the power to expose Obama.

2 posted on 03/27/2018 2:44:20 PM PDT by Blue House Sue
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

“Please tell me that McSally or Ward are going to get this nomination and not Arpiao. He would be Roy Moore redeaux. “

I am afraid you are correct. What tends to happen in politics is that two good, but relatively unknown candidates split the vote, giving the better known but not electable candidate the win.

5 posted on 03/27/2018 2:45:08 PM PDT by Gen.Blather

quote:

... but plans to resume his attacks if elected.

Right. What's he been doing with all the "evidence" he's collected over the years?

Sheriff Joe, please go away.

6 posted on 03/27/2018 2:47:52 PM PDT by Alberta's Child ("I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's.")

quote:

Ditch Arpaio!

If he is the nominee, GOPe voters will make sure he loses!!!

8 posted on 03/27/2018 2:52:19 PM PDT by KavMan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

The next Senator from Arizona needs to deal with present day issues and not people best left to history books.

15 posted on 03/27/2018 3:04:51 PM PDT by Brian Griffin

quote:

There is no reason to resurrect the thing about Obama’s birth certificate. He simply does not have a United States birth certificate. If he had one, he would not have spent the money he spent to keep from showing it. Everybody knows he violated the Constitution, including the democrats. Remember before the 2008 election when they were all saying ‘it would be a shame if he were kept out of the Presidency on a technicality’?

18 posted on 03/27/2018 3:15:41 PM PDT by maxwellsmart_agent (.)

:tinfoil:

quote:

Arpio is likely funded by RINOs to take votes from Ward to swing the primary to McSally.

20 posted on 03/27/2018 3:21:07 PM PDT by marktwain (President Trump and his supporters are the Resistance. His opponents are the Reactionaries.)

Yeah, that's the only reason Moore lost. :rolleyes:

quote:

The Left probably spent at least 100 Million in dark money to take down Judge Roy Moore. They will do the same no matter who wins the primary in Arizona. But Judge Roy Moore was not a "bad" candidate. He was extremely popular. They just outspent him. I would say Moore was more popular in Alabama then all three AZ primary Republican candidates put together in Arizona.

Dr. Ward would be the best candidate but whoever wins will face a gigantic multi-million dollar hate-storm from the left. I don't know if any of the three can withstand it.

22 posted on 03/27/2018 3:24:52 PM PDT by \/\/ayne (I regret that I have but one subscription cancellation notice to give to my local newspaper.)

quote:

He would be Roy Moore redeaux.

So they are going to make up lies about him while his Party stabs him in the back? I don't think it will happen because he is never going to be any threat to the Deep State Uni-party swamp.

26 posted on 03/27/2018 3:44:57 PM PDT by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

Never forget that Freepers are OG Birthers.

quote:

To: Brian Griffin

>>Obama would be a native-born US citizen...

I’ve been trying to tell people this for a number of years. That doesn’t mean there aren’t legit questions about the BC produced but it isn’t relevent to his standing to run for President. He should have been defeated on many other grounds, but not eligibility.

His mom enrolled in college (no online enrollment in 1961, or 91 for that matter) and was seen at Washington state with a baby less than 2 weeks after the alleged birth date. I think the best GUESS (and that’s all it is) is that there was something nefarious about Obama’s citizenship or claimed status at some point in his life that he’s managed to cover up exceedingly well.

OR, things could be as he’s said they are and he’s simply giving an FU to anyone questioning things. People need to concede that there is a very high probability that this is the case. His mom WAS in Hawaii; she had a baby somewhere near his purported birth date; and the likelihood of the birth being in Kenya — or really any place other than Hawaii, Washington state, or Canada is virtually zero.

31 posted on 03/27/2018 3:52:14 PM PDT by 1L
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Fake News!

quote:

Sounds like fake news. The Hill is sounding more like CNN lately.

36 posted on 03/27/2018 3:57:21 PM PDT by McGruff (The Swamp is not just full of only democrats)

So Arpaio is a pawn of the elites and he helped Trump in the primary. :thunk:

quote:

Joe Arpaio is the splitter candidate so McSallycain the RINO can overcome Kelli Ward.

I’m glad President Trump pardoned Sheriff Joe who helped Trump during the Arizona Primary in 2016, but not glad that Joe is running for US Senate because he is a pawn of the powerful elites that run our political system.

By the way, when does President Trump pardon someone else who helped in 2016 as co-chair of the New Hampshire Veterans Coalition for Trump during the New Hampshire Primary.

Jerry DeLemus is jailed in connection with the Bunkerville Standoff protest near Bundy Ranch in 2014. Set him free Mr. President.

45 posted on 03/27/2018 4:37:54 PM PDT by Nextrush (Freedom is everybody's business: Remember Pastor Niemoller)

freerepublic.com, bastion of Deep State Liberals. :freep:

quote:

To: Coronal; All

“What is he going to accomplish with this now? All those years with little or nothing to show for it. What rock hasn’t been looked under?”

After reading many comments here I have come to the conclusion that so many of you

are all a deep state liberals best friend. And you are all ignorant of the facts of Joe’s investigation and also ignorant of the value of truth and justice. The MSM has defeated you. Your desire for history to record a lie as truth. Your love of lies and injustice are the very reason that this investigation and its conclusion hit a brick wall.
To read your comments is to make one feel truly hopeless. Sheriff Joe And Mike Zullo will leave this world having been betrayed by you. They have gone thru hell to bring out the truth and you are their worst enemy.

49 posted on 03/27/2018 4:49:57 PM PDT by Revel
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

PLOT TWIST!

quote:

To: 1L

Stanley Ann Dunham was not 0bama’s mother.

68 posted on 03/27/2018 11:36:09 PM PDT by LucyT
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies]