Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not that crazy and yeah just reply to the texts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Yep. Fun times.

I[43M] found a used condom in the bin that my wife[43F] and I have in our bedroom. We have not used a condom in the last decade and I have no idea what should I do now?

quote:

u/grandeeur

So I was taking a nap yesterday in the bedroom when I heard my daughter quietly walking in and asking me if I can give her some money so she can go out with some friends of hers.

So I do that and on her way out, I still don't know how she managed to do it, but she kicked the small bin that my wife and I have in the bedroom. We use it to mostly throw away small things that we are too lazy to get to the trash. I was rather annoyed at getting my sleep disturbed so I told my daughter to leave it and that I will pick it up. She walks out of the room and I carry on with my sleep.

I wake up a few hours later and I notice that the bin is kicked over and that some of its contents spilt out. I start cleaning up when I noticed something peculiar. In the pile of papers and napkins, I found a condom. A used condom. My wife and I don't use condoms. I am pretty sure I've never used one ever since I had a vasectomy after our daughter was born.

So the question is, how did this one end up here? There is the obvious answer but I don't know. I keep thinking of different scenarios but the thought that my wife may have been unfaithful is the first thing that pops into my head and it's killing me. Maybe I am just paranoid and there is another explanation but I don't know how to approach this with her. What should I do about this? How do I start this conversation? I could use some serious help over here.

tl;dr I found a used condom in the bin that my wife and I have in our bedroom. I have not used a condom in the last decade or so and I have no idea how to approach this matter with my wife.

Reddit thinks the condom is the daughter's. I think the daughter kicked over the trash can to alert the dad to the presence of a condom while keeping her hands clean :tinfoil:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
False flag

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pick posted:

False flag

something something 'half-mast' joke

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I know how stupid teenagers are, but I refuse to believe that there is a teenager stupid enough to use a condom in their parents' bedroom, then put the condom in the trash can in said room, then not treat that trash can as though it's the loving nuclear football until it is emptied.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

girl pants posted:

Yep. Fun times.

I[43M] found a used condom in the bin that my wife[43F] and I have in our bedroom. We have not used a condom in the last decade and I have no idea what should I do now?

Reddit thinks the condom is the daughter's. I think the daughter kicked over the trash can to alert the dad to the presence of a condom while keeping her hands clean :tinfoil:

Yeah, it's that. She would have picked it up if it was her condom. Or she's trying to get her parents divorced.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Eh, I'd say it's her condom. Teenagers are loving dumb. Yes, this dumb. I was a teenager once, I'd know.

I at least would see it as a serious possibility if I was him, parents think they know their teenage children and are insanely wrong all the time.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ALFbrot posted:

I know how stupid teenagers are, but I refuse to believe that there is a teenager stupid enough to use a condom in their parents' bedroom, then put the condom in the trash can in said room, then not treat that trash can as though it's the loving nuclear football until it is emptied.

There's basically no way it isn't his daughter's condom. Teenagers have sex just like adults and are often very, very stupid and immature about it... just like adults.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

If you don't believe that the daughter would gently caress up and forget to take the condom with here then you shouldn't believe that a grown woman would cheat on her husband in their own bedroom, use a condom knowing that they haven't used one in forever and then forget to take it with her. Both are of course possible but one is way more probable.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It's my condom; I put it there

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's my condom; I put it there

Sit down, spartacus

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I feel like all you would have to do is ask the wife and her reaction would say it all. Either she thinks it's the daughter's and sits her down for a talk or she has some other dumb excuse and it's hers. She's painted into a corner either way.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

girl pants posted:

Yep. Fun times.

Lol wife's cheating on him

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tactlessbastard posted:

Sit down, spartacus

No, Im Spartacum

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I’m Spurtacum

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Palpek posted:

If you don't believe that the daughter would gently caress up and forget to take the condom with here then you shouldn't believe that a grown woman would cheat on her husband in their own bedroom, use a condom knowing that they haven't used one in forever and then forget to take it with her. Both are of course possible but one is way more probable.
Yeah, presumably both the daughter and wife are not stupid. A point in the daughter's favor is that it'd be kinda weird for her to hook up with a boy and then throw away the condom in her parents' bedroom trash can, which I'm guessing is not the most convenient one to her own bedroom.

Unless she's trying to cause a fight between her parents, of course.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I can believe that a teen would gently caress in her parents' room, and even be dumb enough to leave the condom in their trash can.

I can not believe that the same teen would then conspicuously knock the trash can over and then feel ok with the parents cleaning it up, rather than just saying "oh poo poo" and doing it herself

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I don't understand why some people are so positive it's the daughter? There's not enough information to be sure. For all we know this dude has never emptied the bin in his life and only a freak accident would have revealed it to him, so his wife felt fine about leaving it for a day or two.

I think a teenager would be equally if not more paranoid about leaving behind evidence. Literally this guy could be a moron and his wife's been cheating on him for like 5 years and he hasn't noticed so she's completely cocky about it now.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

At the same time, the dude his wife is cheating on with or the guy the daughter slept with would likely have been the one disposing of the condom anyway. The daughter/wife might have just forgotten about it in post-coital amnesia.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Ultimate twist: he's autosomnosexual. It's his condom.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

No, Im Spartacum

I thought this was a case error but then I realized I just don't get jokes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Daughter knows and has been keeping the secret for mom, but has started to feel bad about it. If Dad finds out, daughter is off the hook for not telling him and can feel the weight is off her shoulders.

Then the whole new weight of a divorce and custody battle can be placed on her shoulders.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Why not both? What if dude's wife is cheating on him, his daughter is doing it on his bed, and they're both equally dumb enough to leave condoms in the trash can? I'll write the movie script.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

girl pants posted:

Yep. Fun times.

Ah, so there's a nifty thing for this. You know how sharks have Ampullae of Lorenzini, a sense organ that detects electrical fields in the water so they can more easily find their prey? Penises have them too, but attuned to cum. If he puts the condom on, his dick will guide him to the source and then he will know. I knew a guy who could sense it for miles around, called him Shark Dick. Real bastard of a guy, to be honest, but thorough.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

there was a second cum shooter

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The daughter hosed in their parents bedroom and left the condom there so that they don't suspect her. The twist is that the mom cheated on her husband in her daughter's room and left the condom there so that he doesn't suspect her, he just hasn't gone through his daughter's trashcan yet.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Lmao at the woefully inadequate tldr here

I [22F] thinks this guy [21M] feels bad for me

u/raina45

quote:

I met this guy who said he wants to hookup with me cause its rare for a girl to have a virgin tight vagina these days.

After hooking up, he was even meaner to me and say he would never gently caress me again cause I'm unattractive, but would come back to hookup weeks later, but then be mean to me again afterwards. He would block me, but months later hit me up asking if I had sex with anyone yet. Even when he moved away to the other side of the country, he added be back on snapchat and asked me again if I had sex with anyone. I would ask him why is he asking me this and he would say "just a thought, it's a simple yes or no question"

I am wondering If he feels bad for treating me badly and wants to know if I am loving anyone else to see if I got over him. He did say "I should have never taken your virginity. It is not good to lose something so special to a guy like me"

Do you think this guy asked me this because he feels bad and hopes that I am moving up having sex with other people?

TL;DR: guy keeps asking me if I had sex with someone else yet

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
How do I (30F) uninvite our creepy neighbor (70'sM) to my son's 1st birthday party?

quote:

We moved into this house 3.5 months ago. Our neighbor across the street introduced himself right away. In the weeks/months following we've chatted outside a few times a week. He's brought us food a handful of times. I baked him cookies for Christmas. He seemed just like a typical older man/nice neighbor. We invited him to our sons first birthday which is coming up soon.

I sent out the invite and received a verbal confirmation that he's coming. That was 2 weeks ago. Since then he's done and said some things that make me really uncomfortable and I don't want him at the party anymore.

Creepy thing #1 - he's been inviting us to happy hour since we moved in saying he has a babysitter for us. I would just kind of ignore him on the babysitter front because my son is breastfed and doesn't take a bottle and frankly I'd find my own babysitter if I wanted to which I don't. I haven't been away from my son since he was born and I'm just not ready yet.

We thought he just wanted to hang out so my husband went out to lunch with him. He still insisted on happy hour/babysitter. So I invited him to our place for dinner thinking he wanted to socialize with both of us. He declined. But continued pushing happy hour/ babysitter.

Then he brought this lady to our house unannounced to introduce us. I was polite and said hi and they left.

He kept bugging my husband about happy hour so finally I said to him ok let's go I'll bring the baby and wear him in a carrier. To which he responds " why don't you trust the lady I introduced you to?" I just explained the breastfeeding situation and used that as an excuse.

So he basically keeps pushing this sitter on us. I didn't think much of it until the other creepy things happened.

Creepy thing #2 - He comes to our house the night of the happy hour already a little buzzed and makes a comment about how cute my son is and that he could probably get $50-$100 if he sold him. No one laughed. My husband said something like "no we're good" And he said he was joking and moved on.

Creepy thing #3 - while out to happy hour he asked how our son was sleeping. I said he still wakes frequently and he responded by saying "well you can just throw him in my spare bedroom tonight and pick him up in the morning". I gave a disgusted look and he responds "sorry I have a sick sense of humor"

Creepy thing #4 - my husband was outside playing with our son and neighbor walks up and says hi then immediately tries to pick the baby up. My husband basically intercepted the baby and turned away from the neighbor guy who just started walk back to his house. He's never held our son before and normal people usually ask first.

Anyway all of these things together weird me out, pushing the baby sitter super hard, making disturbing jokes and trying to hold him without asking. Am I overreacting? I really don't want him at the party around my son or other kids now. How do I keep him from coming?

TLDR invited neighbor to my son's party now he's acting creepy and I don't want him there
:siren:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

How do I (30F) uninvite our creepy neighbor (70'sM) to my son's 1st birthday party?

I still advise they move.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

quote:

He did say "I should have never taken your virginity. It is not good to lose something so special to a guy like me"

lol

Haifisch posted:

:yikes:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Were there ever updates on the creepy neighbor one? Super curious/horrified.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

girl pants posted:

Yep. Fun times.

Hot take: wife used it with a dildo.

Otherwise, one of the kids' condoms.

Other other wise, cheating I guess. But I don't see why she'd cheat at home and leave a condom in the bin. It's lose-lose-lose there.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Admiral Ray posted:

Ah, so there's a nifty thing for this. You know how sharks have Ampullae of Lorenzini, a sense organ that detects electrical fields in the water so they can more easily find their prey? Penises have them too, but attuned to cum. If he puts the condom on, his dick will guide him to the source and then he will know. I knew a guy who could sense it for miles around, called him Shark Dick. Real bastard of a guy, to be honest, but thorough.

I would watch that Netflix original.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
That's like one of the mysteries they make you solve in a video game. "Yeah we found that 60% of playtesters still agreed to leave the kid alone with the guy, can you add a line about selling him or something?"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Barudak posted:

vituperative

Well I just learned some new vocab. Thank you Professor Barudak. (Not sarcasm. It doesn't happen very often.)

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Khorne posted:

Hot take: wife used it with a dildo.

Otherwise, one of the kids' condoms.

Other other wise, cheating I guess. But I don't see why she'd cheat at home and leave a condom in the bin. It's lose-lose-lose there.

well, people can be pretty dumb...

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
So I've posted before that the funniest part of JustNoMIL is that the huge martyrdom complex that so many of the posters have. One 'feature' of the subreddit is a bot that compiles all you previous posts into a list of clickable links. What you end up with are tables of contents from a bunch of the worst Encyclopedia Brown books ever:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's like the narcissist parents one. so what, you have narcissist parents. you and a bunch of people. i have it on extremely good confidence your mother can try to drown you in a sink multiple times and you can still continue to live your life and even get along once she's properly medicated, like you're some sort of particular treat either

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Raised by narcissists is 2018s spicy new version of "gaslighting". That is, a phrase that once meant something but now describes "any interpersonal conflict I don't like" except this one involves parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Also people inevitably exaggerate stuff to fit in with the victim complex better. You can't get reddit attention with your regular old selfish parent when everyone else is posting their parents that act like they were ripped directly from a Shakespearean tragedy.

On that note, have a 16 year old finding the ultimate place to whine about their mom:

I'm only 16 but I've learned a lot about being a parent from people my age and a lot about how kids act from my Nmom

quote:

For example, my friend asked how to do something on a graphing calculator and my immediate reaction was to grab it from her. She pulled it away and told me not to do it for her, but just to tell her how to do it so she can learn herself. I had sort of an epiphany at that point because snatching things out my hands was my Nmom's knee jerk reaction when I didn't know how to do something. I figured that good parents must show their children how to do something instead of just robbing their children from an opportunity to learn by doing it themselves.

On the flipside, this situation with Nmom just happened and it reminded of how a kid would act. You know how a kid might not know how to do something but they pretend like they do and you just wait for them to come ask you for help after they struggle for a little while? That's what my Nmom kept doing over and over and over in a matter of seconds. We were tending to our garden and she kept asking me how to plant certain things but then would proceed to do the exact opposite of what I said. She kept asking loaded questions too. Instead of "how should I plant this?" she kept asking things like "Should I plant it next to ___?". When I told her no, she did it anyway. Then she started talking about herself by telling how she used to have a garden of her own with her grandmother. IMMEDIATELY after the anecdote (like literally with the same breath of air), she asked how to do something once again. I just started telling her I don't know and left her to her own devices.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the parent and my mother is the child.
What an intense gardening experience. I'm definitely feeling the narcissism. Totally.