Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The difference between saying "I don't want children" and "I don't like children" is a big one. Former is completely normal and cool, the latter really does make you look ever so slightly like a children's book villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Icochet posted:

The difference between saying "I don't want children" and "I don't like children" is a big one. Former is completely normal and cool, the latter really does make you look ever so slightly like a children's book villain.

Yup, pretty much. There's a multitude of endless reasons why having kids may not be for a particular person... but not liking kids mostly makes someone look like a serial killer. Disliking kids is like saying you dislike puppies or pizza. It just makes you look super strange and irrational.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

when someone doesn't like children to the extent of calling themselves 'childfree' as an identity they're almost always insanely childish themselves and come off as kind of jealous that kids get more leeway and attention than they do

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I also don't like puppies, kittens, or freshly baked cookies. :argh:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Don't even get me started on the sun shining, hearing birds singing, and watching the world bloom in spring. And that cool crisp fall breeze as you watch the kaleidoscope of leaves rustle around, it makes me so angry!

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
I'm not cold-hearted. I like sound, in fact the great majority of sounds in general. But music and laughter can go straight to Hell.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can work up animosity for almost anything, but I really don't hate Christmas.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Raindrops on roses can gently caress right off, too

Not having children is a perfectly rational choice to make That I increasingly wish I had done lol but just like every other thing, jackasses on the internet have radicalized it.

Childfree isn't inherently obnoxious, it's just the edium.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I’m sure the number of people who actually need a therapeutic childfree community (mostly younger women surrounded by crazy relatives, and even then the real problem is that your relationships are toxic as all hell) is vanishingly small compared to the number of shrill, screaming idiots in the subreddit.

Same with atheist teens who have crazy religious parents vs. euphoric redditeurs

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I hate Christmas music.

If music is sex, Christmas music is the meth addict carpark handjob.

Other than that, Christmas is great. Actual Carols are ok, it's just the cash in Christmas songs that poo poo me to tears.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

blugu64 posted:

Don't even get me started on the sun shining, hearing birds singing, and watching the world bloom in spring. And that cool crisp fall breeze as you watch the kaleidoscope of leaves rustle around, it makes me so angry!

Birds singing are just trying to get it on, you know.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Did someone say music? I say we explain :thejoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgtRh2t0RA

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Yup, pretty much. There's a multitude of endless reasons why having kids may not be for a particular person... but not liking kids mostly makes someone look like a serial killer. Disliking kids is like saying you dislike puppies or pizza. It just makes you look super strange and irrational.
I don't like small children but I love pizza and puppies, fight me. :colbert:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Midnight Voyager posted:

Really funny infamous internet post from there had a supposed adult women furious that a small child won a Harry Potter contest at one of the book releases. THE KID'S COSTUME WAS poo poo, HE HAD A TWIG FOR A WAND, MY COSTUME WAS PERFECT.

I wish I could find this story because it's one of my favorites. I think I remember "ALL THESE loving BREEDERS DON'T GET HARRY POTTER LIKE I DO".

And I think the prize was to just open the one of the boxes the books were shipped in.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

That joke went so far over my head I think I just set a world freedive record.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

I don't like small children but I love pizza and puppies, fight me. :colbert:

I like puppies in my pizza but little children are a step too far.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My [27F] boyfriend [23M] spat on me during what I thought was just a frolic.

quote:

So yesterday we were drinking at a bar and we have had something to drink. We were both just talking to other people but still holdings hands and stuff. We’re really intimate and physical with each other.

Then we were talking to each other. We are always funny kissing with him teasing me for not liking saliva and him ‘licking’ my cheek or instead of kissing me sticking out his tongue. Now we were leaning in for a real kiss and somehow I didn’t go on with it. He’s always a bit disappointed when I do that because he likes to kiss me. And then I was like teasing him and frolicking like come here I’ll kiss you while he was pulling his face away.

I was just under the impression we were just frolicking. But then he all of a sudden spat on me. And he knows I really don’t like that.

(Earlier in the evening at my place we talked about this when he teased me when he was hanging over me when I sat in a chair and I said I really don’t want him to spit on me and that I would break up with him if he would do that. Like I was really clear, but at the same time it was nowhere near in my mind he would ever do that.)

So he spat on me and then I was like how that’s really not ok to do and how I feel he disrespected me when he did that. He said all kinds of sweet words and that he didn’t disrespect me at all. He explained that he did this because he felt like I was annoying when I didn’t kiss him for real and when I tried to kiss him for real after that. He also said something about my nail in his arm, which was an accident because I never ever would hurt him and I said so and then he dropped it (I’m cautious of this all the time and said so yesterday afternoon). Then the alcohol kicked in at the most inconvenient moment and we both went home.

So I don’t understand anything about what happened and we will definitely be talking about this when we see each other again.

But I don’t understand this. He’s always sweet and considerate. Why did he do this? Like what does it mean when someone does this? Am I overreacting? Is it something to break up over? Besides this we’re completely fine. How do I overcome this? I don’t understand. I would never do this.

Edit:

Every other sign from early abusive partners isn’t there. The only disrespectful thing he ever did was this. I’m insecure and sometimes making a problem where there is no problem and he is always nice about it.

I’m writing my thesis and am really stressed about it and he sticks with me (only one more week). I’m having real problems with my thesis and am not feeling well physically because of it.He’s nice and he want to help me where he can and he keeps saying that over and over. Like yesterday he said he doesn’t have work this week so if I need help he can help me and read it over (he’s not my major but can help with overall stuff).

Last week I had a weird falling out sort of with a friend and he was talking with me about it for two whole nights how it wasn’t fair and what I should do to fix it. We had a meeting for a trip we’re going on with a group of students late April and it all happened a few hours before that. Just before we had to leave I cried for the first time with him and I felt so vulnerable. He said it was ok and offered to stay with me and just stay in for the night. He really wanted to go to this meeting but wanted to stay with me as I wasn’t sure I could go because of the crying. (I’m finding it hard to explain this. English isn’t my first language.)

TLDR; my boyfriend spat on me during what I thought was just a frolic and I don’t understand why. We’re a few months together and he’s always trying his best for me.

What in tarnation

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Theophany posted:

My [27F] boyfriend [23M] spat on me during what I thought was just a frolic.

What in tarnation

Spitting is his love language.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

English definitely isn't first language there, the structure is a bit off and hard to tell exactly what she means in places.

Still, you said you would dump his rear end, better do it. If you don't you will never have any leverage on anything.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I frolic on the first date.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Yeesh, the “edit: not abuse” is nearly as long as the original post. She said she’d break up with him if he spat on her so a couple hours later he spat on her. It’s abuse.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Icochet posted:

I frolic on the first date.

This guy frolics, am I right?

eta: STD test came back positive, how do I [23/M] approach my girlfriend [23/F] about it?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year, I've been completely monogamous the entire relationship and as far as I know, so has my girlfriend. I've only had two previous sexual partners, my ex from about two years ago, and a drunken incident with a friend of mine about a year ago. I don't remember ever having unprotected sex with my ex, I can't guarantee it, but I'm pretty sure we always used protection - but at the time I was her only sexual partner anyway. I used protection with my friend a year ago, but the condom broke and we stopped as soon as we noticed. Obviously that doesn't stop the damage, if any, from being done, however she assures me that she had been tested beforehand. My girlfriend and I do have unprotected sex here and there, and have been since a few months into our relationship.

Around a month ago, I started noticing urethral and scrotal pain, so I decided to get tested. I didn't mention this to my girlfriend as my mind immediately drifted to the possibility of her cheating, and I wanted to get the results back first. This evening, I got a call from the doctor's office, and sure enough it's gonorrhea. Now I'm not sure what to do. I'm not legally required to tell my ex because of the time gap, but I will tell her once I sort this out, as far as my friend goes I wanted her to know as soon as possible but didn't want her to tell people in case it got back to my girlfriend so I let the clinic call her (making it anonymous). So that's all taken care of, but of course I have to tell my girlfriend because of both my legal obligation and my obligation as a boyfriend, but also because I need to figure out what the Hell is going on.

I've never had to deal with this kind of thing, I've basically accepted at this point that there's a real possibility of her cheating, but I don't know if I can just accuse her of that. Even if I do, if she's willing to cheat on me then she's probably willing to lie to me too, I would have no other proof. Of course, I really hope my girlfriend isn't cheating. I would hate to accuse my girlfriend of something when I could have gotten it from my friend, it was my stupid mistake not to get tested after we slept together, at the time I fully trusted her when she said she got tested but that's no excuse. Embarrassingly, at the time I didn't know that STDs could be asymptomatic.

Otherwise could it be that my girlfriend already had dormant gonorrhea when we began our relationship? I would still be somewhat upset if that were the case, depending on the context, but nothing to end the relationship over, so long as she was (reasonably) unaware of it!

My girlfriend is out of the country visiting family right now, she doesn't have her phone and her grandparents don't have internet, so we haven't been able to talk very much at all. She gets back on Thursday night, I think it can wait until then, but waiting is going to be awful. When she gets back and I go to see her, do I ask if she's cheating then tell her about the STD after she gives me an answer? Do I bring up the STD first? If I ask if she's cheating and she says no, how can I be sure that's the truth? I've never had any reason to believe my girlfriend is unfaithful until now, and even now I know that she very well could be perfectly faithful.

How do I go about this, my friends? If my girlfriend is cheating, I want the truth ASAP, the stress is messing with my mind and probably making me more paranoid, I just worry that if she is cheating and I bring up the STD and not the cheating it will just cause her to destroy her evidence and cover her trail. I really hate thinking these things about my girlfriend though :( I have always trusted her more than I can imagine, but this damned STD put a big fissure right in that trust, and it might not even be from her cheating! This really sucks, Reddit, any help is appreciated.

tl;dr: Got tested for STDs after noticing pain weeks ago, I have gonorrhea. Been with girlfriend for a year, we have unprotected sex occasionally, only had 2 sex partners before; one always protected (AFAIK [it was a long relationship]), condom broke with the other one but she is a friend of mine who assured me she was tested. Not sure if girlfriend is cheating, friend was lying to me, or girlfriend brought dormant gonorrhea into the relationship. Not sure how to approach this, my head is spinning and I'm starting to get really paranoid about my otherwise extremely trustworthy girlfriend.

Hoooo boy do I want an update on this one :getin:

Theophany fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 27, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

hooman posted:

That joke went so far over my head I think I just set a world freedive record.

To be fair, I don't exactly expect people to get my barely relevant cartoon references.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

I can believe that a teen would gently caress in her parents' room

Especially given her parents' room will have a double bed and hers won't, tbh.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Inescapable Duck posted:

To be fair, I don't exactly expect people to get my barely relevant cartoon references.

Never apologise for barely relevant cartoon references.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My wife [30F] told me [30M] that she is still in love with her first boyfriend [32M] and they want to explore the relationship.

quote:

Hello, my wife and I have known each other for 16 years, since freshman year of high school. We became close friends in our senior year, then I departed for the military. We lost touch for a little while, her being busy with university and I with boot camp and more. We reconnected about a year after high school at age 18 & 19 and started dating after talking long distance for a couple of months.

Every 6 months I would take leave and come back to see her, and the long distance nature of our relationship lasted about 3 and a half years like this. We got engaged before my military deployment, then married after I returned. We lived together for the last 7 months of my active duty time, then moved back to our home state because she was accepted to medical school.

After I left the military, I was without direction for a very long time. I've been unemployed since then, so almost 7 years now. I went back to school and received my associates, but it took me awhile to start up classes. By the time I was ready to move on to finish my Bachelor's Degree we were looking to start a family and would be moving again after she finished medical school, so I decided not to continue pursuing my degree and have been a stay at home dad to our beautiful son for nearly 2 and a half years now. Her residency schedule is so busy, that it worked out well for me to manage most of the day-to-day work around the house, and I got to be at home with my son instead of daycare or babysitters teaching him the values we wanted to bestow upon him.

I've fell on harder times as I had been living with generalized anxiety disorder and persistent depressive disorder, untreated since I was a teenager having difficulty with my home life. For years my wife told me I should be seeking support, and I always thought my issues would work out on their own. I've become very introverted, and have difficulty leaving the house. It wasn't as much an issue when our son was a baby, but now that he's ready to explore the world I've still had difficulty providing that for him, and it was eating away at me inside.

I started cognitive behavioral therapy about 5 and a half months ago, in combination with medication to treat my debilitating disorders and lifestyle. I've felt drastic change, and my self-esteem has improved significantly. I used to hate myself, for probably more than half my life at this point. I learned to accept myself for who I am and felt I was getting a handle on my life finally. I truly thought that the strength of our relationship was growing.

Yesterday she explained it all to me. Awhile ago (I don't know when) she had sent him a message on Facebook, mostly just letting her old boyfriend know she was sorry for pushing him away, as he was using hard drugs and she was dealing with an abusive father. He didn't find the message until a few weeks ago, and they have been speaking on Facebook since. I learned about it fairly soon after, and considered it a positive thing. She has also been expanding back out, now that her schedule is opening up more, to visit old and new friends more often and I've been happy to see it. She went to visit him yesterday, and after speaking with him for a couple of hours they both admitted that they still have romantic feelings for each other. Last night she told me she does not have those same feelings with me anymore, and she wants to be able to explore a relationship with him.

I was completely devastated, because up until that point I really thought things were getting better. She told me that it wasn't about me, and that she's proud of the many positive changes I've made recently and that it has more to do with her exploring her first love again, since they split up and she moved away immediately after leaving her abusive father. She wants me to continue living here, as her schedule is still full enough that I am the primary caretaker for our son and home (renting currently, but we were hoping to buy a home next year). She said I deserve to be able to stay, but that at some point, when we're ready, she would probably want him to live with us so she could explore the relationship.

I think, as far as I was able to tell from our conversation, that perhaps she sees me as her best friend, but maybe not a romantic friend. She still wants me to be a part of her life (and with a child together I don't think I could ever not be a part of her life) and live with her until I can figure out what to do for myself, and she's still not sure how things are going to turn out either. She said maybe we should look for a house sooner, something that would accommodate this new situation. Her and I both view the legal part our marriage as less important, and though I've been using the term wife in my post for clarity, we really seem to have always viewed ourselves as partners instead. It's hard to think about though, because I can only imagine at some point I might get in the way if her feelings for him become stronger.

I'm so conflicted on what to do, and after years of shutting away my family and not keeping in touch with old friends from high school or the military (My only friends that I speak with regularly are online, a couple military buddies and one old high school friend) I'm at a point where my support structure is nearly gone. After a night of troubled rest I feel like I should prove that I can be the one to offer her what she said was a feeling of not being complete, and that my own failures in life led up to a point where I was no longer dependable and she learned that she could live without me. She believes that she never stopped loving him. I truly feel like I have the strength within me now, after treating my disorders and learning to love myself in therapy, that I could prove to be her soulmate. I also am feeling the anxiety of what if he is just using her because of how much farther she has come in life. I trust what she says about her feelings, but I've never even met him so I can only take her word that he is honest about this too. I imagine she will be waking up soon, and I'm just hoping I can maintain personal strength today, and hope I'm not in a fruitless endeavor to prove to my wife that I can be her soulmate. Where do I go from here?

tl;dr: wife still in love with first boyfriend after seeing each other, they want to explore a romantic relationship, and now I feel like I've become the third-wheel in my own life. Please send your support, because I feel very alone right now.
The guy went through therapy and apparently what he took away from it is that he needs to prove to his partner that he's her soulmate by letting her walk all over him.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Palpek posted:

My wife [30F] told me [30M] that she is still in love with her first boyfriend [32M] and they want to explore the relationship.

The guy went through therapy and apparently what he took away from it is that he needs to prove to his partner that he's her soulmate by letting her walk all over him.

They'll leaaave you for the onneee that goott awaayyy

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Theophany posted:

This guy frolics, am I right?

eta: STD test came back positive, how do I [23/M] approach my girlfriend [23/F] about it?

Hoooo boy do I want an update on this one :getin:

Those are excellent questions, many of which could have been answered by your doctor

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
He spins a sad yarn but he sounds like an absolute waster who she should have broken up with long before having a kid with. It's hurt them both and almost certainly their kid now.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
She's a doctor, he's an unemployed veteran and has been his son's primary caretaker. He's going to have to beat back the divorce lawyers with a stick.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Palpek posted:

Terrible situation for that guy, I feel sorry for him. While I have no idea what I'd do in his position, I definitely wouldn't let her walk all over me like that. So insulting.

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

^^^^ The word "explore" is always a good indicator of prime open relationship bullshit.

Me [31f] with my husband [32m] of two years. I am desperately trying to lose weight. I found out he's dong things like breaking my scale, hacking into my weight loss app and other things to sabotage me. What can I do?

quote:

Hello r/relationships. Using a throwaway for obvious reasons.

I'm 31 years old and after many years of denial and putting the problem off, I have started to try to lose weight. I have consulted with my doctor who referred me to a dietician who runs a weight loss clinic that believes in calorie restricted diet along with sensible amounts of exercise. So far I have lost about 40lbs which is a huge number but I am still very, very overweight. My husband was and is dead set against me losing weight. He uses lots and lots of excuses like "health is subjective" and "you're attractive to me as you are." If I had to read between the lines it's because he's very insecure and thinks I will leave him if I lose weight. I would have never considered it until I found out what he's been up to.

Basically the first incident where something was weird is that he started to go shopping and buy and stock all of my trigger foods. He hadn't shopped a day in our marriage before this but all of the sudden when I was on a much more healthy diet he decided that he was going to shop and was also bring home all the foods I have issues with and lead to binges.

The second thing is I was weighing myself once a week on a digital scale. Maybe two weeks ago, I went to the scale and it wasn't working. I could not figure it out so I checked the batteries and they were just missing. I asked my husband about it and he said he was sorry but he "borrowed" them for his Xbox controller. I thought no big deal but the next week he was cleaning the bathroom and supposedly accidently spilled a bucket of cleaning water all over my scale which ruined it instantly. I could have believed it was an accident so I replaced my scale with a much cheaper mechanical version that worked fine when I got it, now before I even had the chance to use it this coming Friday, the numbers don't even spin anymore. I guess all of these could be coincides but then I discovered the following;

I use an app called my fitness pal to track my calories. I log into it via facebook which my husband has the password to. On Thursday of last week I was having a really stressful day, my dietician said that it was ok if I treated myself to some dark chocolate as long as it didn't seriously bust my calories limits on days where I was feeling stressed. In the evening I looked at my current calorie totals and without even thinking about it I just looked at the number and realized that I could eat about 6 squares (usually at the time of the night after full day of eating I can eat one). So I ate the chocolate and then thought about it and realized it didn't make sense so I checked and even though I'm positive I logged my lunch that day, the entry was completely gone. I was disgusted because for the first time, I'd seriously busted my calorie limit. I knew it wasn't the end of the world so I didn't panic but I knew something was wrong so I contacted the app developers and they said it was almost impossible for things to just disappear but that they'd get back to me. Over the weekend I decided to monitor the app and noticed that maybe an hour or so after I'd enter a meal either it would be deleted or the quantities would be changed. I decided that I'd change my facebook password and then within 10 minutes my husband asked me "hey did you change your facebook password?" I felt so violated that I was literally speechless and left the house.

When I got back, as calmly as I could I asked him about the scale and food logging. At first he denied it, then he got into a bunch of absolute bullshit about diets not working long term, how weight loss is utterly disproved and health is not a barometer of anything valuable and totally subjective anyways. I asked him point blank if this bullshit was an admission of him sabotaging my scale and my app and even with that he continued to deny it. He still denies it. For me, for both things to happen in the sequence which they did, it's almost 100% conclusive he's responsible. not only does he deny it, he's sulking because I refuse to give him my new facebook password and have deleted him from findmyfriends on iPhone, at least for the time being I don't trust him.

Now that I've told my version of the events here, what can I do?

TL;DR: my husband is almost certainly sabotaging my efforts to lose weight, he denies it but the sequence of events is next to impossible for it to be coincidences. What can I do about this?

The top comment has it in a nutshell-
He’s afraid you’ll get fit and leave him which is ironic because you’ll probably leave him for sabotaging your efforts to get fit.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

duck trucker posted:

I wish I could find this story because it's one of my favorites. I think I remember "ALL THESE loving BREEDERS DON'T GET HARRY POTTER LIKE I DO".

And I think the prize was to just open the one of the boxes the books were shipped in.

Ask and ye shall receive

https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/3xqplh/childfree_harry_potter_rant/

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

quote:

I decided that I'd change my facebook password and then within 10 minutes my husband asked me "hey did you change your facebook password?"

Wow it's been a long time since I felt genuine blood rushing to the head blind rage

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

girl pants posted:

Wow it's been a long time since I felt genuine blood rushing to the head blind rage

to be fair they're married so technically it's their facebook password ;)

also turn on two factor auth lady - and change your email PW too

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

jeez

in my memory the prize for this contest was a free book, which does in fact sound kinda dumb to give to an infant who not only cannot read but also does not know who or what a Harry Potter is

but yeah duck trucker is right, the prize was to open a box

imagine being a grown adult getting this mad at a child receiving preferential treatment in a child's contest related to children's media, because it means they got to open a box

Child-free people are just bronies, getting mad that they aren't considered the primary audience of children's media

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

^^^^ The word "explore" is always a good indicator of prime open relationship bullshit.

Me [31f] with my husband [32m] of two years. I am desperately trying to lose weight. I found out he's dong things like breaking my scale, hacking into my weight loss app and other things to sabotage me. What can I do?

The top comment has it in a nutshell-
He’s afraid you’ll get fit and leave him which is ironic because you’ll probably leave him for sabotaging your efforts to get fit.

Isn't the simpler explanation he has a size fetish? Here's attracted to women of a certain size and is selfishly trying to keep his wife that way.

Also used LoseIt it's better

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

loquacius posted:

jeez

in my memory the prize for this contest was a free book, which does in fact sound kinda dumb to give to an infant who not only cannot read but also does not know who or what a Harry Potter is

but yeah duck trucker is right, the prize was to open a box

imagine being a grown adult getting this mad at a child receiving preferential treatment in a child's contest related to children's media, because it means they got to open a box

Child-free people are just bronies, getting mad that they aren't considered the primary audience of children's media

Why the gently caress are there children in Harry Potter World???

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Isn't the simpler explanation he has a size fetish? Here's attracted to women of a certain size and is selfishly trying to keep his wife that way.

Also used LoseIt it's better

Fetish vs. low self-esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Seatbelt and helmet required.