Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Metapod posted:

I hope the rams get Odell

The Titans are dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the rams loving rule and i hope they kill every qb they play gets murdered by suh and donald while throwing a pick 6 in the process

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I hope your bitchass qb breaks in half and so does your stupid hb and all the other dumb titans!!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
my qb and hbs are vince young cj2k and lendale white and they are in heaven

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Metapod posted:

hallow knight be thy name

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

I hope the rams get Odell

Yoooooooooo don't look like yer from round heeyah, boih:clint:

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

When you come in to harass the NFC West chat, the universe corrects itself and the Titans sign Gabbert as backup.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

I'm doing the Rams goon draft if you wanna chime in on that. I was thinking Marcus Davenport but now with Suh being signed leaning towards Rashaan Evans (Edmunds and Smith already gone out of top linebackers)

I don't really know any specific players in this draft outside of the top QBs so I'll just go by needs

1) Outside rush linebacker - Robert Quinn got traded and the current start is Matt Longacre who was an UFA, but had 5.5 sacks last year. If there's a good speed guy available I think they could feast with Brockers-Suh-Donald in front of them
2) Inside/Strongside Outside linebacker - Connor Barwin is still un-signed and the starter right now is Samson Ekuban, last years 4th rounder. Mark Barron could kick out to the outside spot if a good Inside Linebacker could be had.
3) Wide Receiver - Watkins is gone, his production is supposed to be replaced with some combination of Tavon Austin, Josh Reynolds and Mike Thomas. I'd rather just see them pick up another guy who can start and play all the time.
4) Offensive Line - Any spot really, Whitworth and Sullivan are both signed on for 2 more years and probably are both looking at retirement after that. Jamon Brown and Roger Saffold are both free agents and Brown is the weakest player on the line and could be upgraded. All the depth behind the starters is also all untested and they could definitely use some more bodies.
5) Nose Tackle - Suh is playing Nose this year, I can't see him coming back next year so getting a big dude to plug up the line that can rotate in this year and be ready next year would be cool.
6) Running Back/Quarterback - Malcolm Brown is a good straight up between the tackles backup at RB, they could use a Sproles-type guy to fill for Austin when he's done next year and just be a change in pace in general. Another camp arm late in the draft would be good, Mannion looked okay with the backups against the 49ers last year, but they could use another development guy.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Metapod posted:

They're in hell, Metapod. Now get out before I send you there myself :devil:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Benny shut the gently caress up

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I HOPE THE TITANS LOSE TO COLTS

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't really know any specific players in this draft outside of the top QBs so I'll just go by needs

1) Outside rush linebacker - Robert Quinn got traded and the current start is Matt Longacre who was an UFA, but had 5.5 sacks last year. If there's a good speed guy available I think they could feast with Brockers-Suh-Donald in front of them
2) Inside/Strongside Outside linebacker - Connor Barwin is still un-signed and the starter right now is Samson Ekuban, last years 4th rounder. Mark Barron could kick out to the outside spot if a good Inside Linebacker could be had.
3) Wide Receiver - Watkins is gone, his production is supposed to be replaced with some combination of Tavon Austin, Josh Reynolds and Mike Thomas. I'd rather just see them pick up another guy who can start and play all the time.
4) Offensive Line - Any spot really, Whitworth and Sullivan are both signed on for 2 more years and probably are both looking at retirement after that. Jamon Brown and Roger Saffold are both free agents and Brown is the weakest player on the line and could be upgraded. All the depth behind the starters is also all untested and they could definitely use some more bodies.
5) Nose Tackle - Suh is playing Nose this year, I can't see him coming back next year so getting a big dude to plug up the line that can rotate in this year and be ready next year would be cool.
6) Running Back/Quarterback - Malcolm Brown is a good straight up between the tackles backup at RB, they could use a Sproles-type guy to fill for Austin when he's done next year and just be a change in pace in general. Another camp arm late in the draft would be good, Mannion looked okay with the backups against the 49ers last year, but they could use another development guy.

That's basically how I saw their needs as well but I appreciate the detail. I'm hoping a decent receiver (not sure any will go in the first round) and RB (rich draft for RB) can be found in the later rounds. I'm sure the Rams are also hoping this. I'm still kinda obsessing over what this defense can do so I agree linebacker needs to be the first go. Offensive line will be tough, it's not a great draft for them but it could be a developmental pick. Hopefully that line can hold together well enough, they did okay last year.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Metapod posted:

Benny shut the gently caress up

Get the gently caress out of the NFC West thread

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Also in related NFC West news...

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/978687131206926336?s=20

:byewhore:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Play posted:

That's basically how I saw their needs as well but I appreciate the detail. I'm hoping a decent receiver (not sure any will go in the first round) and RB (rich draft for RB) can be found in the later rounds. I'm sure the Rams are also hoping this. I'm still kinda obsessing over what this defense can do so I agree linebacker needs to be the first go. Offensive line will be tough, it's not a great draft for them but it could be a developmental pick. Hopefully that line can hold together well enough, they did okay last year.

Could go tight end too if there's any really good ones available at 23? They tried signed Tyler Eifert earlier this offseason so they definitely aren't settled there either. It's pretty flexible, you/the Rams could take BPA and regardless of position it would be a good pick

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm the nfc west thread now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If Marcus Mariota played in the NFC West he would be the 5th best quarterback in the division.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sign Kapernick, Pete.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

seiferguy posted:

Sign Kapernick, Pete.

:emptyquote:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

seiferguy posted:

Sign Kapernick, Pete.

Line up Kaepernick and Wilson to neutralize Suh and Donald.

Who has the ball? Oh it's on the turf because Wilson got decapitated the moment it reached his hands. Cool.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Down for keaps if he signs for how ever much the udfa qbs they bring in for camp or if they sign him just to play during the two rams games to spare Russell wilson

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As the nfc west thread it's time to move to important matters. Why does Larry Fitzgerald get to hit his baby's mama with no one caring

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Metapod posted:

I'm the nfc west thread now

here's your matt leinart jersey

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Metapod posted:

As the nfc west thread it's time to move to important matters. Why does Larry Fitzgerald get to hit his baby's mama with no one caring

"One of the good ones"

"Everyone gets one"

For reals tho Actually I don't know anything about that

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Metapod posted:

i think a combination of, it was a bizarre story at the time, nothing happened legally or league-wise, and nobody cared until ray rice. and now it's 10 years old and there's been nothing from either side so it's not like you can write an article about it now.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Metapod posted:

I've heard the story was basically buried by local media. TMZ ran it and then nobody else picked it up, especially not the local press.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/95846100/arizona-cardinals-larry-fitzgerald-domestic-violence-accusation-tmz

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I legit didn't know Trevone Boykin was still on the roster

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

I legit didn't know Trevone Boykin was still on the roster

I think he was on the practice squad the whole season.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

seiferguy posted:

I think he was on the practice squad the whole season.

I knew he was on the practice squad, but thought he became a free agent after that

Not that it matters at this point, we probably won't be hearing from him again

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Boykin is innocent he released a statement

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Boykin’s girlfriend was so hosed up that she had to be airlifted to a second hospital.

I guess what I’m saying is that the Seahawks should sign Manziel as our backup quarterback, because we can’t do much worse.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

Boykin’s girlfriend was so hosed up that she had to be airlifted to a second hospital.

I guess what I’m saying is that the Seahawks should sign Manziel as our backup quarterback, because we can’t do much worse.

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/978837336405487616

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress off if the Seahawks sign Sanchez over Kaepernick as a backup

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bob Socko posted:

Manziel to NE was the popular rumor I heard recently.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah Seattle Times calling for the Seahawks to sign Kap:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/suddenly-in-need-of-backup-qb-seahawks-again-should-consider-colin-kaepernick/

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

gently caress off if the Seahawks sign Sanchez over Kaepernick as a backup

Looking forward to being able to find and afford Seahawks tickets!

Edit: ^ hell yeah.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
We'd better loving sign Kaep

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Ffffffff

Yes, sign Kaepernick. There will be a few blowhards at first, but no one will bat an eye after that. Any fans genuinely upset about the signing checked out years ago. More new fans > whiny racist fans. gently caress it, do it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The Seahawks probably have about the worst to lose, and probably the most to gain, from that move. Any team on the west coast is overall going to be lauded for such a move, not condemned. And the racist fucks who do condemn, they can suck my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The president of the united states of america would undoubtedly heap abuse upon the Seattle Seahawks, and that might make me have to start liking the Seahawks, so I feel very conflicted about this. But I want Kaep to have a job and gently caress it we've got Richard Sherman so maybe I'll just have to abandon this rivalry and start liking the Seahawks. Ugh.

• Locked thread