Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

my name is mave
and wen its nite
i leve the lane
i join teem fite
i thro the nife
i doge atak
u can not run
i pull u bak

my name is var
and vs mave
i kno my bild
i pik twin blade
why we no ban
the nifey queen?
i haf nine deths
i blam my teem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Finally, the thread is worthwhile.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Patch notes are up :toot:

https://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21646098/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-march-27-2018-3-27-2018

Only orange text is Fenix nerfs (and a new Brawl):

quote:

Stats

Basic Attack damage reduced from 100 to 96
Abilities

Plasma Cutter (Q)
Damage reduced from 150 to 145.
Talents

Level 1
Advanced Targeting (Q)
Damage bonus per stack reduced from 1 to 0.75.
Maximum damage bonus reduced from 80 to 75.
Return

I don't think they're steep enough :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't think they're steep enough :getin:

They didn't touch Divert Energy: Weapons? :stonk:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So why does Fenix not have mana?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Elysium posted:

I imagine the designers think you are already watching his shield and health, so a mana bar would be too much to handle.

It's kind of like Zarya and Tracer.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 27, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
No hero can have more than 2 bars of stuff to track, it's the law.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Elysium posted:

Are you worried he's going to spam his 12 second cooldown and his 15 second cooldown skills too often?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Dietrich posted:

Are you worried he's going to spam his 12 second cooldown and his 15 second cooldown skills too often?

It just seems like the other characters with no mana were very specific design choices, and for Fenix they were just like "eh gently caress it, let's not bother." Remember this is the same company that decided Hammer's siege mode had to have a mana cost until they moved it to D. Like why does Hammer even have Mana? Worried he's gonna spam those mines every 12 seconds, and use concussive blast on cooldown?

Elysium fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 27, 2018

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Elysium posted:

It just seems like the other characters with no mana were very specific design choices, and for Fenix they were just like "eh gently caress it, let's not bother." Remember this is the same company that decided Hammer's siege mode had to have a mana cost until they moved it to D. Like why does Hammer even have Mana? Worried he's gonna spam those mines every 12 seconds, and use concussive blast on cooldown?

Hammer's mana might as well not even exist.

At level one spider mines costs 45 mana and she regens 42 mana during the cooldown. Nanosteel plating costs 30 mana and she regens 36 mana during the cooldown. Concussive blast is literally the only way she can lose mana because it only regens half of it's mana during it's cooldown, although by level 10 that's no longer the case. And she starts off with 500 mana which means it would take her using concussive blast 20 times on cooldown in a row at level 1, having never picked up a single regen glob in order to actually run dry. Hell even napalm strike is mana neutral at +1 seconds at level 10, and mana neutral at cooldown by 13.

Hammer came out at a time when all heroes had mana, aba and murky were the first two to not have it. Who knows why they didn't just completely remove it during her rework but they absolutely did something that had the same impact.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Jimu

^^^ uh wtf I didn't post that.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 27, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano posted:

Patch notes are up :toot:

gently caress I forgot the most important part!

:siren: carbot sprays and portraits are live :siren:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Man if I could buy shards for :10bux: instead of buying chests for piddly amounts of shards I'd be drat tempted with all the Carbot poo poo, the mecha spider, and the Adjutant announcer

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

Man if I could buy shards for :10bux: instead of buying chests for piddly amounts of shards I'd be drat tempted with all the Carbot poo poo, the mecha spider, and the Adjutant announcer

god same, i only have 270 shards and i don't know which portrait/spray to get

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You answered your own drat question

Kerrrrrrr posted:

oh my god all the carbot things are amazing :syoon:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

You answered your own drat question

god i know but i ALSO WANT MORE OF THEM

i will bring up this issue when i talk to actual blizzard devs tomorrow during my heroes of the storm user experience research interview that i got randomly selected for :stare:

i will get to tell them all about my experience playing nothing but vs ai every day and lament the piddly amounts of exp and chests i get from doing so

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Speaking of AI, I'm looking forward to another coop brawl. Hopefully this time it manages to hit a difficulty between the two for Braxis, I never lost the easy version or won the hard version.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Kerrrrrrr posted:

god i know but i ALSO WANT MORE OF THEM

i will bring up this issue when i talk to actual blizzard devs tomorrow during my heroes of the storm user experience research interview that i got randomly selected for :stare:

i will get to tell them all about my experience playing nothing but vs ai every day and lament the piddly amounts of exp and chests i get from doing so

You definitely didn't ask, but here's my LOUD OPINIONS!

If they ask about other game modes or other people you know, would you pass other feedback forward? ITT these things come up often:

1. Reconnect system (more frequent key frames / downloading them when you need them)
2. Lower rank point change when one team has an AFK for >X minutes
3. More transparent punishment system - has one of my reports resulted in something?
4. loving SHARED HEROES ACROSS REGIONS! CHRIST!
5. Bring back mega bundles. I have a friend that wants to start playing soon!
6. More in-house stats, or at least an open API! Save us from hotslogs!

"Nice to have" things:
1. Save "Try Mode" settings for next time. THEY USED TO HAVE THIS BUT IT DISAPPEARED :psyduck:
2. Malfurion "regrowth" indicator - same function as Stukov indicator, showing who has it active and which is expiring soonest
3. Raynor rework (obvs after Fenix nerfs since right now he's the only counter :v:)
4. Allow targeting allies using portraits at top of screen
5. Allow toggle terrain vision (like Hanzo and Junkrat - wireframe that shows collision)
6. Allow Zag to exit Nydus on any direction, like Blaze bunker

My personal pet thing nobody cares about : Use Map Settings / Arcade / User-created custom maps :3:

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Most important fix: being able to exit the bunker by right-clicking.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

6. More in-house stats, or at least an open API! Save us from hotslogs!

YES.

And I say this as a developer who has a million ideas about poo poo I could do with this data.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Seconding everything Brian just said. My only suggested additions would be to remove class quests since most people just seem to want to dodge them/don't like them? Figure something else out or maybe replace dailies with weekly quests with bigger rewards to encourage more play? Also maybe further incentivize unranked draft and HL in general.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Win 3 games with only clicking abilities.
Play 8 games with quick-cast off.
Play 2 Games as a Tank without using your hearthstone.
Play 3 games as Murky without using ink.

Please forward those new quest ideas to them

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Tell them launch skin bundles are dumb.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Agreed. I hate that I can’t get the cool Felix or Alex skins

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

Tell them launch skin bundles are dumb.

i definitely want to talk about the currency system. having three different currencies that all come in at different rates is really overly complicated. i like the system they have in For Honor - only one currency, you can buy it with money or earn it in game (at a very decent rate, too--comparable to earning ~1000g a day in HotS with just a couple dailies)

shards are too rare for me, but 90% of the cosmetic stuff in the game costs shards instead of gems or gold. i can buy gems, that's fine, but i can't buy gold, and if i want to buy shards i have to buy chests first, and pray. it's a bit janky.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Kerrrrrrr posted:

shards are too rare for me, but 90% of the cosmetic stuff in the game costs shards instead of gems or gold. i can buy gems, that's fine, but i can't buy gold, and if i want to buy shards i have to buy chests first, and pray. it's a bit janky.

Not only that you have to buy chests and hope you either get shards, or something that you already have (for less shards than rolling shards would get) which is very unintuitive.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I'm still rocking Shades Tychus as my portrait and Thumbs Up as my tag.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Shibawanko posted:

I'm still rocking Shades Tychus as my portrait and Thumbs Up as my tag.

I've been using Shades Tychus since the summer event but I'm afraid that Carbot Murky will be taking its place for now.

The Adjutant announcer seems pretty disappointing from the previews tbh, it sounds like it's just the Warhead Junction announcer without any new lines but it costs 1600 shards. At least Mira Han is actual new stuff.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Fenix seems a little silly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

1stGear posted:

Fenix seems a little silly.

I still can't believe Divert Power: Weapons made it live. :psyduck:

Just run fuckers down with Emergency Protocol and that and just fill them full of loving plasma.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Fenix is absolutely overtuned, but at least he doesn't have invincibility on demand.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fenix seems fine considering his teleport is pretty meh.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah he's not, like, Maiev-on-release level busted, but Divert Power: Weapons seems a little too much like a no-brainer choice at that level and lets him do some pretty insane amounts of damage. I guess we'll see how it shakes out, counterplay-wise it seems like it ought to be easier to deal with him in draft than someone like Hanzo or Tracer.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yes. His teleport can be interrupted and when interrupted goes on a full cooldown.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah he's not, like, Maiev-on-release level busted, but Divert Power: Weapons seems a little too much like a no-brainer choice at that level and lets him do some pretty insane amounts of damage.

The hilarious thing is the other Fenixes I've been running into aren't taking it, and I just stomp all over them like a dragoon surrounded by lings. :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kyrosiris posted:

The hilarious thing is the other Fenixes I've been running into aren't taking it, and I just stomp all over them like a dragoon surrounded by lings. :v:

I mean I still run into people taking Dragonstrike so :shrug: It also synnergizes well with the talent that gives you bonus movement speed whenever your shields are down for obvious reasons.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Planet Cracker doesn't seem super-useful but if you get the enemy team lined up in a map with narrow jungle corridors BOY OH BOY

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah he's not, like, Maiev-on-release level busted, but Divert Power: Weapons seems a little too much like a no-brainer choice at that level and lets him do some pretty insane amounts of damage. I guess we'll see how it shakes out, counterplay-wise it seems like it ought to be easier to deal with him in draft than someone like Hanzo or Tracer.

Yeah and you can do Divert Power + the talent that gives move speed when your shield is down + basic attacks recharge shield. So your shield is just back up pretty quick anyway and if you got in trouble from using Divert Power well just walk away.

edit: Of course I've only tried him in AI because the regular queues are gigantic so maybe it sucks against real folks.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
For countering Fenix, try Naz or Lunara. Their poison seems to penetrate shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Bogart posted:

For countering Fenix, try Naz or Lunara. Their poison seems to penetrate shields.

Been looking at that tonight.

The poison applies to the health bar, but takes from the shields. Meaning if poisoned and no other damage incoming, you'll notice the poisoned area of the health bar getting smaller while the shields disappear.