Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hypocrisy posted:

My favorite parts of Orochi Tower were the ridiculous Zagan memos and the intact Faust floor.

Zagan is the food dudes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I was seriously considering buying some Aurum to get some agent bags as I had a bad itch I just couldn't scratch. I'm really glad I didn't. I decided to buy 12 with some extra MoF I had instead to check out the drop rate. Ended up with 1 agent, 4 blue items, and bunch of green poo poo that got turned into 7 hex coins. Can't even sell the blue items on the market to recoup any of the cost, so they are just chilling in my inventory waiting for an agent to stuff them on. I am just going to go with my original plan which was keep whatever agents RNGebus decides to grant upon me and wait until everybody's pokemon libraries are full for the agents price to fall to <10k each.

EDIT: Also, what is up with all these different coins and money types. I thought the days of every new thing/zone getting its own coin were behind us.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 26, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Zagan is the food dudes, right?

Yup. Those poor fools.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I have five agents which is more than enough to keep em churning through any reasonable play session.

Query: is the second free agent (so, my fifth :v: )randomly generated? I assume so - I got the witch lady unlike the first agent who is Random Faction Schmuck.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I have five agents which is more than enough to keep em churning through any reasonable play session.

Query: is the second free agent (so, my fifth :v: )randomly generated? I assume so - I got the witch lady unlike the first agent who is Random Faction Schmuck.

My 2nd free one was Lydia Darling (witch). So I assume it's the same for everybody. I heard we will be getting a 3rd with the new zone. I can't remember if it's a free one or one you get in a pack of some sort.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Everybody gets Lydia, keeper of The Grandma Ghost

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Not sure how I feel about hex coins and now the new zone getting its own currency. TSW had some bad currency bloat.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Not sure how I feel about hex coins and now the new zone getting its own currency. TSW had some bad currency bloat.

Wasn’t that partly because it took so long for anything to come out they had to slow down players somehow? Go figure the have the same problem again

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Oh and how come green agent gear gotten from agent missions doesn't sell for Hex Coins? I hope that is a bug because otherwise how are you ever supposed to save up 200 of them for a purple agent?

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Space Skeleton posted:

Oh and how come green agent gear gotten from agent missions doesn't sell for Hex Coins? I hope that is a bug because otherwise how are you ever supposed to save up 200 of them for a purple agent?

I assume the logic there is that insane goal is there for only a few select type of pokemon player that must have it and would be willing to grind out that much MoF or pay :10bux: for it.

... or someone who just has that much MoF in reserve they can easily convert to Aurum and buy enough bags to exchange the garbage for Hex. Why not just allow people to buy them directly in the store for Aurum or MoF? I don't know. I would rather pay $10 to know I would get something than $1 and a 10% chance, but I'm not a lootbox gambler.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 26, 2018

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

TracerM17 posted:

I assume the logic there is that insane goal is there for only a few select type of pokemon player that must have it and would be willing to grind out that much MoF or pay :10bux: for it.

... or someone who just has that much MoF in reserve they can easily convert to Aurum and buy enough bags to exchange the garbage for Hex. Why not just allow people to buy them directly in the store for Aurum or MoF? I don't know. I would rather pay $10 to know I would get something than $1 and a 10% chance, but I'm not a lootbox gambler.

I bought some of those bags by converting MoF and the greens from those don't sell for Hex Coins either. I'd be supremely pissed if I spent real money on aurum for a green agent item.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

I bought some of those bags by converting MoF and the greens from those don't sell for Hex Coins either. I'd be supremely pissed if I spent real money on aurum for a green agent item.

Anything bought with aurum gives you hex coins, anything not bought with aurum does not give you hex coins.

It's meant to work like the 3rd age fragments - you don't get any of those without spending money, either. But I think it feels really different and I, personally (in no way am I speaking for the company on this) don't like it in this context and wish we had done something else, also the purple bags are insanely expensive IMO

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Anything bought with aurum gives you hex coins, anything not bought with aurum does not give you hex coins.

It's meant to work like the 3rd age fragments - you don't get any of those without spending money, either. But I think it feels really different and I, personally (in no way am I speaking for the company on this) don't like it in this context and wish we had done something else, also the purple bags are insanely expensive IMO

Looking at my buyback some did get me hex coins and the most recent one did not. Not that it really matters since a green gets you a whopping 1 Hex Coin.

I assumed that at higher tier agent missions I would start getting blue agent items which would sell for Hex Coins but if those only come from vendoring Agent Booster drops then :wtf:

This is a crazy cynical cash funnel.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 26, 2018

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Space Skeleton posted:

Looking at my buyback some did get me hex coins and the most recent one did not.

I assumed that at higher tier agent missions I would start getting blue agent items which would sell for Hex Coins but if those only come from vendoring Agent Booster drops then :wtf:

The ratio of what things cost with hexcoins versus what they sell for is crazy but if you get some good gear from high level missions you can sell it on the auction house and buy specific agents rather than a random chance anyway.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

Looking at my buyback some did get me hex coins and the most recent one did not. Not that it really matters since a green gets you a whopping 1 Hex Coin.

It's more about the rate we give out the agents and the amount of rarity we want for the high-tier ones than a cash grab, honestly. The way we've priced purple bags, we've effectively said "We don't expect anyone to get rare agents this way", almost to the point where we might as well not have them. We're probably leaving more money on the table than we're effectively "cash grabbing" because 200 hex coins feels like "well, I'm never getting any of those."

Pilchenstein posted:

The ratio of what things cost with hexcoins versus what they sell for is crazy but if you get some good gear from high level missions you can sell it on the auction house and buy specific agents rather than a random chance anyway.
Basically this. The expectation of how the system will be used is "most players will gain the majority of the agents they want through the AH". I think we should make other paths more viable but I'm just one voice, and not a decision maker at that.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Those agents get on the AH from whales dumping money into aurum though. Someone is paying somewhere along the line.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

Those agents get on the AH from whales dumping money into aurum though. Someone is paying somewhere along the line.

You can't sell the agents you buy with Hexcoins on the Auction House, they're character bound.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

e: Oh everything from Agent Boosters is bound.

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 26, 2018

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

The ones from the boosters I mean. Unless those are bound too?
They are.

quote:

The Hex Coin ones may as well not exist and aren't worth discussing because 200 Hex Coins is an unattainable amount except for the aforementioned whales.
I am saying the same thing.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Everything from Agent Boosters and Hex Coins being bound is even stranger to me than how I thought it worked. Does explain why the AH market for agents is pretty shallow though.

Would make more sense if everything from Agent Boosters to Hex Coins was rolled into Caches and Fragments I think. Less currencies and cashbags to juggle.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Everything from Agent Boosters and Hex Coins being bound is even stranger to me than how I thought it worked. Does explain why the AH market for agents is pretty shallow though.

Sounds like they don't want a bottom feeder gaining anything from a whale speeding money and they want you to spend your own money.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

Keeping your paid transactions separate from your economy is one of the most effective tools you can wield to discourage currency sellers/fraud.

It doesn't stop it, obviously, but the fact that you can't fiddle with the economy on the back of stolen credit card numbers has a lot of advantages.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Keeping your paid transactions separate from your economy is one of the most effective tools you can wield to discourage currency sellers/fraud.

It doesn't stop it, obviously, but the fact that you can't fiddle with the economy on the back of stolen credit card numbers has a lot of advantages.

That ship sailed long ago with cache weapons if that was really a concern.

Len posted:

Sounds like they don't want a bottom feeder gaining anything from a whale speeding money and they want you to spend your own money.

It does seem like Agent Boosters and Hex Coins aren't for casuals like me. :v:

Space Skeleton fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 26, 2018

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Space Skeleton posted:

That ship sailed long ago with cache weapons if that was really a concern.
The fact that the majority of what you get out of caches isn't resellable is a huge part of the reason that MoF selling is only a nuisance, not a constant presence.

We also don't want those weapons to be ONLY accessible through $$$.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:toot: Orochi Tower finished, just in time for Cthulhu Jonestown!

The boardroom/penthouse was pretty fun.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I am regularly annoyed that the only way to get 3rd age fragments is through opening caches.

Would have liked that purple Recluse.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Tallgeese posted:

I am regularly annoyed that the only way to get 3rd age fragments is through opening caches.

How many fragments did it cost? Curious what the minimum aurum outlay would have been.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Isn't it the pet that doesn't have any animations? It just sort of "drives" around following you. Also, speaking of expensive there is one emote that costs 9999 aurum

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Here is a preview of South Africa

https://www.mmorpg.com/secret-world-legends/previews/dawn-of-the-morning-light-seems-worth-the-wait-1000012577

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:swoon:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Interesting. I'm kind of surprised at the idea of your character, one of the world's most infamous terrorists and known bee, being able to infiltrate anything. Then again, being outed like that could easily be set up so you've been abandoned by your faction and need a new patron.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

If I remember right from the end of TSW, your handler had you go visit the appearance changer. Haven't gotten around to finishing the story in SWL quite yet, so no idea if that's still a thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hello Sailor posted:

If I remember right from the end of TSW, your handler had you go visit the appearance changer. Haven't gotten around to finishing the story in SWL quite yet, so no idea if that's still a thing.

I'm 90% that mechanic is on the cutting room floor next to tattoos and more scenarios

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hypocrisy posted:

...one of the world's most infamous terrorists...

Freedom isn't free.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I am annoyed that an agent, a thing that affects gameplay, is included with the Collector's Edition.

I'll laugh if said agent is a superior option in some manner, Woodcutter style.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm fine with that since the whole agent system is such a minor part of the game and you could completely ignore it if you really wanted and miss out on very little.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

clone on the phone posted:

I'm fine with that since the whole agent system is such a minor part of the game and you could completely ignore it if you really wanted and miss out on very little.

Yawk is an insane completionist who is putting together three sets of everything :psyduck:

Godspeed Yawk

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm mostly annoyed due to the Woodcutter comparison.

To explain, "Woodcutter" refers to the outright best neck DPS talisman in Original TSW, which you could only get if you spent 15 bucks on The Park. TSW devs then said they would never sell something like that again.

Hopefully the collector's agent is nowhere near best-in-slot for any purpose.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 28, 2018

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cue theflyingorc's jaw drops and him running full-speed through Funcom offices with a printout of this thread in hand "Romain, Romain! Cancel the release, we done the woodcutter again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sekenr posted:

Cue theflyingorc's jaw drops and him running full-speed through Funcom offices with a printout of this thread in hand "Romain, Romain! Cancel the release, we done the woodpecker again!"

The pre-edit was better.

Also, he's a bit busy right now due to having an insatiable urge to post in DnD. :v: