Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

hooah posted:

Man, some of the dungeons in Tap Wizard are just full of damage sponges. I had to abandon one that had taken me almost a half hour to get to zone 3.5 because there was no way I'd be able to whittle down the troll at the end.

Trolls are notorious roadblocks due to their constant health regeneration. If you can't manage to get enough power through constantly recalling to eventually burn through them, there are a few options depending on how far along your game is and what runes you have in your pack. Equip fireflies, because they now have a x0.8 healing debuff which you can stack up if you have anything to improve the cast speed (buff them with sparks, possibly). Pop a frailty rune to just block their healing. Activate imposing will in the temple as another healing reduction. My favorite is to rapid fire several icy prism runes. Icy prism augment 3 causes it to add damage taken during its windup to its final damage. So burning through about 5 of them all at once massively ramps up the damage and can kill just about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just watched a coworker play fortnite on iOS and hot drat does that look good. Can't wait for that poo poo on Android.

In the meantime I've been playing shadowgun legends. It's touted as being Destiny on your cell phone, which is somewhat true. It's really fun multiplayer and single player, cash shop etc etc. Not bad for free at the moment.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

hooah posted:

Man, some of the dungeons in Tap Wizard are just full of damage sponges. I had to abandon one that had taken me almost a half hour to get to zone 3.5 because there was no way I'd be able to whittle down the troll at the end.

You can switch loadouts on the fly, some soak different things, you can find it out in the beastiry.
Trolls heal a ton too so dot, stacking status effects with 1-2 good damagers may help.

It all depends on spell xp or utility effects, static leap and ice shield is great to survive, inferno scales melee range dmg quite well,
You can stack Ice, fire and lightning golems up to like 8 via runes or between running 2 loadouts (one with 3 element summons) with a high enough cast speed.
1/2 the fun is exploiting the system like that and stacking 30 sources of damage for an instant to get over a hurdle to a new milestone.

Static leap kinda hurts your inferno damage, and other kinds because you can only attack things maybe 2 inches above what you can see, so if your survivability is good, focus on a more damage riskier loadout.

I may have to install it again, I only prestiged maybe 3 times.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Hmm I wish I could figure out how to import my cloud save, import export text string maybe, but idle mage attack doesn't seem to be on the store now..

Edit: I got the app from apkpure loaded my cloud and exported the save via clipboard, I've idled like 360 days

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 26, 2018

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Ok, thanks for the advice on damage sponges. Now, what about poison? It's insane that you can't heal of you're poisoned; just "gently caress you, you're going to die".

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Save those invulnerability runes and take the right side of the templar's skill tree after your first meditation. Not much else you can do about poison.

The worst hurdles in the game are pushes or zones with tons of ranged enemies because even if your power is high enough to kill them at a reasonable rate the attrition is still brutal.

There are tools in every spell if you have them unlocked. Ice wall gives damage reduction and freezes, frozen orbs deflects projectiles, static leap gets you out of melee, chain lightning and shock net are instant so can't be dispelled, a few spells ignore armor, etc.

The tough part is if you're playing a lot so you push far into the difficult mob types without having a ton of spells to play with. Fortunately you can always just keep cranking up your power and brute force anything. Other problems are solved by hoarding runes and dropping a dozen at a time.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Just watched a coworker play fortnite on iOS and hot drat does that look good. Can't wait for that poo poo on Android.

If you want to play Fortnite before it's out for mobile, you can play the PvP mode for free on computer. Thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827471

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Trying out King's Raid as DuckMolester.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

If you want to play Fortnite before it's out for mobile, you can play the PvP mode for free on computer. Thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827471

Thanks for the heads up!

More on Shadowgun: Legends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHT6GmQg9dM

The game is pretty fun. The biggest reason for any IAP is inventory space. You spend any cash, you will go from 16 to 96 slots. Once you reach level 20, (maybe 25, not sure) your level is based upon your overall gear level.

I would love to see more games like this on Android. Its being touted as Destiny-lite, but it feels more like Warframe and Saint's Row.

If anyone jumps in, I'm in game as ShodanMaus.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

delfin posted:

Trying out King's Raid as DuckMolester.

I picked up King's Raid, in as Aramoro. I'm a filthy Euro-goon obviously so not sure if we have a guild?

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I made an EU Goonsquad.
It's me, a friend of mine (not a goon) and a dude that seems to have applied randomly :dance:

Still waiting for the first powerup, tho. My UW Theo is gonna carry us to the moon!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
On the off-chance some of you still play Egg Inc. I made the "dancer" co-op for the easter egg, and "goon" for the chocolate egg.

For any future cntracts we should probably make a convention that you try to join/create "goon1", if it's full you do "goon2", etc.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dancer posted:

On the off-chance some of you still play Egg Inc. I made the "dancer" co-op for the easter egg, and "goon" for the chocolate egg.

For any future cntracts we should probably make a convention that you try to join/create "goon1", if it's full you do "goon2", etc.

There are multiplayer aspects of Egg Inc now?

Oh no.... nooooooo :negative:

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

J3ng4 posted:

Is there a King's Raid thread? It's kind of breaking the flow to ask questions about the game in here but oh well.

I have 3* Clause, Maria, Frey and Epis. What should I snag for my "June 2017" 5* ticket? I guess this doesn't include the latest characters.

It kind of seems like you're focusing on a magic team first. I'd recommend either a magic buff tank or healer. Mediana/Kaulah/Laias/Jane would all be good choices for your lineup and maybe Sonia.

Mediana would do physical damage, grants healing + invincibility for one hit to your team, and buffs your strongest attacker.
Kaulah would do magic damage, has a strong team wide heal, has a CC, and buffs your team.
Lais would do magic damage, reduces incoming magic damage, and can feed mana to your team.
Jane would do magic damage, can 'die' once and heal, and can amp magic damage.

Sonia is in my Inn and I'm looking forward to finishing that so I can use her. I hear she's great for raids.

DemonMage posted:

Gau if possible. Nyx is another solid one if he's not available. Gau can solo or nearly solo bosses CC bars, while doing okay DPS and tanking. Nyx is a physical mage DPS. Don't forget to join the guild (Goonsquad) if you haven't already too.

I don't recommend Nyx for a new player. He takes a lot of investment before he's as good as most players expect him to be.
Gau is a good one for pretty much any team.

Clause and Frey are both great characters and you can use both in end game. They are the best of the starter characters and require the least investment into them. Even if you don't build them, now, you'll probably end up building them later.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 27, 2018

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm playing Kings Raid as SaxSA. I don't really quite know what I'm doing but some simple internet perusing gave me the idea that I should use the two 5* selectors on Gau and Epis.

I just got a 3* selector. Any thoughts on what I should do with it?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Saxophone posted:

I'm playing Kings Raid as SaxSA. I don't really quite know what I'm doing but some simple internet perusing gave me the idea that I should use the two 5* selectors on Gau and Epis.

Having played this for a day I have no idea what any of this means. King's Raid is very confusing.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

King's Raid: Is Phillop's T2 skill Experienced Fighter a 20% damage amp on whatever he hits for everyone (making it bonkers good) or just a 20% damage boost for him (which means why bother)?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Saxophone posted:

You could always just save it until you have a clearer picture of what you need. The general build seems to be tank+DPS+support/cc+healer.

Kyrosiris posted:

King's Raid: Is Phillop's T2 skill Experienced Fighter a 20% damage amp on whatever he hits for everyone (making it bonkers good) or just a 20% damage boost for him (which means why bother)?

I'm pretty sure it's for everyone.

deeznuts
Aug 19, 2004

The X-15 Cruise Basselope

Dancer posted:

Joined, and created goon1 for the dilithium egg co-op.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Kyrosiris posted:

Pretty sure it's for everyone that attacks that target(s).

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Reading about there being eurogoons in KR reminded me that I really hate them putting the new treasures behind that dreadful active play arena. I would torture myself and macro it but it's literally open from 2 am - 6 am for me, timed content freaking sucks. Already invested months into the Americas server so rerolling is out of the question.

On a more positive note: I T5'd Morrah on a hunch today and she's currently blasting Nubis with 4,5m tank DPS. :slick:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Rubicon posted:

Pretty sure it's for everyone that attacks that target(s).

Yep, sure is, and jesus gently caress my Selene hits hard now.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

You could always just save it until you have a clearer picture of what you need. The general build seems to be tank+DPS+support/cc+healer.

What I did was, basically, luck out on my daily Special Summon - got Theo's UW - and built from there.
The general idea is that you need a DPS to carry your team into the 80s - be it physical or magical - and syngergize around that character.
"Synergize" means trying to get 3 characters who can buff the carry and let him do his work: Jane, Annette, Epis, Theo have magic damage amplification, for instance. Kaluah has an attack speed buff, Phillop shreds physical armor, Priscilla boosts ATK on the main DPS of your team and gathers all the enemies in one spot - and so on.
There's a trap in Chapter 6 - permanently phys. immune monsters (correct me if I'm wrong) - while the magic immunity in Chap5 is temporary.

I think - I stiill have to get there and I'd like to ask the veterans here if I'm correct - once you have a functional 80 team, growing new characters isn't as painful as the initial 4. Still, investing in a character takes a lot of resources.

Oh - complete quests, missions and events, they're worth a lot of stuff!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Char posted:

I think - I stiill have to get there and I'd like to ask the veterans here if I'm correct - once you have a functional 80 team, growing new characters isn't as painful as the initial 4. Still, investing in a character takes a lot of resources.

This is true. Once you can clear Hell conquest you get tons of experience and good potions every day. I've got everyone I remotely care about to 70/80 right now, so that means I'm just saving up all my potions for the next I unlock or transcend which should trivialize getting them up. And at that point you can at least join if not solo Black Dragon 70 to get a set of equipment for level 71+, and use the generic unique weapons until you get their actual unique weapon. Which that's the biggest hurdle to making a new character shine vs your old ones... not having their unique weapon can make a huge difference and it's a slow process to choose one via Arena.

Jesus Toast
Sep 30, 2005

Applied to King's Raid as Ailera

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The physical immune stuff in Ch6 is temporary, but holy poo poo it can be hard to survive through it.

Got there though, with a basically all physical team (Frey's "damage" doesn't count).

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Added the two people who applied to the King's Raid guild. We're full up again, but there's one person who is kind of inactive if we need another slot immediately. Otherwise I'll raise the guild level when we get enough activity points again.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dancer posted:

Wicked! goon is full, and my game is currently frozen, attempting to join goon1 for chocolate.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Saxophone posted:

Where does one obtain selectors? I got the 2* selector from clearing an early chapter but other than that, I'm still using the basic cast.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

B33rChiller posted:

Wicked! goon is full, and my game is currently frozen, attempting to join goon1 for chocolate.

Trying to join goon1 for dilithium, and it's freezing on me as well. Seems not entirely stable yet.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dancer posted:

Trying to join goon1 for dilithium, and it's freezing on me as well. Seems not entirely stable yet.

Worked out after shutting and restarting the game.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Monument Valley 2 is on sale for $2.49. If you don't know why you should care, it's a game full of Escher painting puzzles. If you still don't care, you're boring.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Monument Valley 2 is on sale for $2.49. If you don't know why you should care, it's a game full of Escher painting puzzles. If you still don't care, you're boring.

The Room 3 is $1.99 as well

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

delfin posted:

Where does one obtain selectors? I got the 2* selector from clearing an early chapter but other than that, I'm still using the basic cast.

Yeah this I'm not sure about as well. I got a 2 star selector and picked Selene and got the Knight dude from the CH1 rewards but it's unclaer how you get other Heroes except from grinding them at the Inn.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Yeah this I'm not sure about as well. I got a 2 star selector and picked Selene and got the Knight dude from the CH1 rewards but it's unclaer how you get other Heroes except from grinding them at the Inn.

You should receive a starting player login reward after you clear Chap1, I think? Can't remember what triggers it. Anyway, it's a 15-days reward path that gives out a random UW from a restricted group of characters, then a 3 star ticket, a 5 star one and a selectable UW ticket from the previous group.
Also, there's the 2 T1 tickets from the anniversary - dunno if this reward is still active.

After that, it's inn or rubies, I think.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
When does this meditation happen in Tap Wizard? The game hasn't mentioned anything about it yet, and I just got to zone 50.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh man, I have to gush about Polytopia again. This is what a bite-sized Civ game should be. It made me uninstall Tap Wizard because it (Polytopia) shows you how an actual mobile game should be. I don't even feel the stupidly intoxicating pull of Egg Inc anymore :toot:

I really love how you get extra win conditions as you progress, how strategic it is, how it covers literally everything from Civ, except for diplomacy, and makes it all work. Great stuff. Get it, if you're a strategy fan at all.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Char posted:

You should receive a starting player login reward after you clear Chap1, I think? Can't remember what triggers it. Anyway, it's a 15-days reward path that gives out a random UW from a restricted group of characters, then a 3 star ticket, a 5 star one and a selectable UW ticket from the previous group.
Also, there's the 2 T1 tickets from the anniversary - dunno if this reward is still active.

After that, it's inn or rubies, I think.

Ah fair enough, I'll try to work our where that is.

I keep running out of inventory space as well, should I just be mashing everything together in the Forge or using it to enhance gear?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

hooah posted:

When does this meditation happen in Tap Wizard? The game hasn't mentioned anything about it yet, and I just got to zone 50.

You need to complete a run of The Dark Portal (the 4th dungeon) which lasts 20 waves. After that you can meditate. You should be able to do it at level 50, I think I did it the first time around level 47. I got back up to 50 and can't get past wave 2-3 in there now though so it might be harder the second time around? There's a lot about this game that is poorly explained but I can't stop playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

explosivo posted:

You need to complete a run of The Dark Portal (the 4th dungeon) which lasts 20 waves. After that you can meditate. You should be able to do it at level 50, I think I did it the first time around level 47. I got back up to 50 and can't get past wave 2-3 in there now though so it might be harder the second time around? There's a lot about this game that is poorly explained but I can't stop playing it.

The dark portal zones start their difficulty level at the level you find the key. So on the first meditation, you find the key around zone 30, and the portal will also start at the equivalent monsters to that zone, and then go up by around 15 to 25 levels (it varies in length, or at least it did in IMA). After meditating once, your next run will find the key around zone 45ish, I think. So you'll need to be closer to 60 or 65 before you try the portal again. Generally you can do the portal and meditate for each run around late 40s, 60ish, 70ish, and then late 80s. Then on the next run you get all the way to 100, get stuck on the doomstone for a while, finally beat that, and then go to NG+ and start the process again.