Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Dyna Soar posted:

They seem to have a few blind spots yeah

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
nothing is good, everything sucks

except bolt thrower

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

except bolt thrower

Sorry, got bad news for you from Metalsucks today...

Barry "Baz" Thomson releases statement about recently released Nazi armband photo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:mad:

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head
It's really frustrating how something that has given me so much joy throughout the years can simultaneously be a gigantic bummer. loving metalheads.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

except bolt thrower

Those Korn wannabes?!?!?!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Everyone in metal is secretly a Nazi.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zodijackylite posted:

Everyone in metal is secretly a Nazi.
Even the jews? :crossarms:

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Even the jews? :crossarms:

Especially them. They're double Nazis in fact.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I miss Lemmy.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We all do. :(:hf::(

Funnest/Truest of my boyhood heroes I've ever met / hung out with, though I'm guessing anybody who shot the poo poo with the guy when he was off tour and around his LA stomping grounds can tell you.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wark Say posted:

We all do. :(:hf::(

Funnest/Truest of my boyhood heroes I've ever met / hung out with, though I'm guessing anybody who shot the poo poo with the guy when he was off tour and around his LA stomping grounds can tell you.

Details gogogo

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

:argh:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gorewar posted:

It's really frustrating how something that has given me so much joy throughout the years can simultaneously be a gigantic bummer. loving metalheads.

yeah i can't believe metalheads had to go and ruin nazism

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Gorewar posted:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Details gogogo
The usual: unless I was touring, I spent most of my end of years from 2001-2006 in Los Feliz, thanks to a friend who had a house there. In one of my little excursions, I ended up at the Rainbow and Lemmy was there, reading a book and drinking by his lonesome. Whenever Motorhead wasn't on tour, he could be found there almost unfailingly. If you bought him a drink, he'd respond in kind. Most rock/metal guys I was friends/ acquaintances with around there were pretty "gently caress posers" and most of them would always speak really highly of the Kilmister, because Lemmy was like the coolest grandpa you could ask for. :allears:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Muppets On PCP posted:

yeah i can't believe metalheads had to go and ruin nazism

This post has made me lol at least three times so far

Wark Say posted:

The usual: unless I was touring, I spent most of my end of years from 2001-2006 in Los Feliz, thanks to a friend who had a house there. In one of my little excursions, I ended up at the Rainbow and Lemmy was there, reading a book and drinking by his lonesome. Whenever Motorhead wasn't on tour, he could be found there almost unfailingly. If you bought him a drink, he'd respond in kind. Most rock/metal guys I was friends/ acquaintances with around there were pretty "gently caress posers" and most of them would always speak really highly of the Kilmister, because Lemmy was like the coolest grandpa you could ask for. :allears:

Ah that’s cool. He seemed like a genuinely good thoughtful guy, especially near the end. I’m always impressed hearing about the depth of his character when you could easily assume he’s just larger than life rockstar who gives a poo poo Lemmy Kilmister.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like the story someone (I wanna say Rob Trujillo) told at his funeral about Lemmy meeting Joni Mitchell and excitedly telling her how Court and Spark changed the way he thought about guitar. She called him Lenny and had no idea who he was.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

except bolt thrower

that's the spirit

OpaqueEcho posted:

haha, those stupid idiots in that thread can't tell if something is good or bad

I loled hard at this

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Same. Also Dio.

:regd10: :smith:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlrA4MQlYk

Henry always has the best Lemmy stories, guess it comes from being friends with him for ~30 years.
On one of this albums he mentions how you could always smell Lemmy boarding a plane before you ever saw him.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

You know, why are there separate threads for doom metal and black metal anyway? I'm guessing forums drama, but what was it specifically? It seems pretty unnecessary these days to have three threads for one genre of music (in before "dead gay forums")

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Dead Gay Genres

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't there a Metalcore thread too?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

idgaf about black metal, although it kinda creeps into this thread from time to time

I would start a power thread and a folk thread if I thought anyone would post

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Wark Say posted:

Isn't there a Metalcore thread too?

yea, that thread doesn't get a whole lot of traction nowadays

this one, the black metal thread & stoner thread all get enough volume that i think it's fair they stay separate tbh

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

But people (i.e. I) post about black and doom metal in here and no one seems to give a poo poo. I haven't tried posting about heavy metal in the black metal thread though. Also, metalcore isn't metal

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

IDK about the black metal thread, it seems like more than half the time it just gets talked about here anyway. The Stoner/Doom/Sludge thread gets most of the relevant traffic, and the Metalcore thread has almost completely different tastes to this thread.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's all the same bullshit.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

What I'm hearing is that we could make this the Unhappy Metal Family thread and see about the same amount of traffic.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Maybe we should have a Harsh Vocals Only thread and a Not Too Harsh Please thread, and then cool people like me can post in both of them and everyone else can pick their side. Might stop people complaining that the other side is making GBS threads up the thread with bad opinions.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

dont even fink about it posted:

What I'm hearing is that we could make this the Unhappy Metal Family thread and see about the same amount of traffic.

purists in this thread get REAL mad about metalcore so that one should definitely stay separate if only for that

combine the other 3, idgaf

il_cornuto posted:

Maybe we should have a Harsh Vocals Only thread and a Not Too Harsh Please thread, and then cool people like me can post in both of them and everyone else can pick their side. Might stop people complaining that the other side is making GBS threads up the thread with bad opinions.

:yeah:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But what if you want vocals midway between harsh and not too harsh.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
yeah open more threads so your awful taste finds a new audience

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If any of you motherfuckers talks smack about Buffalo's special boys, I swear! To the moon! :toughguy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPywoSmkR9c

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

xzzy posted:

But what if you want vocals midway between harsh and not too harsh.

Sorry that counts as not too harsh

Weaponized Cum posted:

yeah open more threads so your awful taste finds a new audience

if anything I think the threads should be combined into one but I don't really care.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wait, I just remembered (?): wasn't there a dedicated Devin Townsend thread at one point, too? With like "campy choir metal" in the title?

e: there IS, which makes all the discussion of steampunk dolphins or whatever the gently caress his music is about itt even more perplexing. Modest proposal: balkanize threads until this is exclusively the Bolt Thrower and Korn Appreciation Station

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

We should have a separate thread for each metal sub-genre so I can only post in the ones I listen to and that way I don't expose myself to new music I otherwise wouldn't have discovered

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Good username/post combo

e: Devin Townsend rules, randomly posting about how you don't like a band is a quick way to get people to post about them for the next few pages, why can't this thread realise that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dssvRfh8QVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

il_cornuto posted:

Good username/post combo

The irony is I don't even really like black metal, there's only one or two black metal bands I listen to lol