Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, I want to know where they keep fishing all these full auto weapons from. Even the military doesn't really have any aside from the SAW and a bunch of heavy poo poo....like 50 cals....with the penetration of a squirt gun.
I had some respect for Glen rockin' that Mosin M44. Seems the perfect zombie gun with the folding baby stabber

"We got the guns" only a few episodes back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4Mg5uM9hc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Svaha posted:

I kept watching this waaay past its best before date. I have no idea why. I guess i'm a masochist.

In the latest episode I got as far as the dead shambling out of the medical trailer and then into the house with the door wide open and everyone just sleeping in a big meat pile in the living room with no watchmen or patrols or any kind of the sort of logical thing people would do in that sort of situation and decided that i had finally had enough.

I turned off the TV and made up my own ending where everyone just gets eaten because they are all too dumb to live. The End.

I'm so relieved that I don't have to watch this poo poo anymore. I'm Free!! FREEEEEEEEEE

I loved how they took great care to show a zombie FALL DOWN THE loving STAIRS and not one person woke up. No guards. Also given all those people were burning up with a fever and had no doctor on them to even TRY to fight the infection (or mention of trying to fight it)..

Then to top it all off again, they are all already infected so what the flying gently caress does getting walker blood in wounds - something they've done thousand of times - have to do with anything? This is some real late game retcon'ing bullshit.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boris Galerkin posted:

There was a moment when a bunch of people hiding under a tarp in the back of a truck stood up and started shooting arrows in Maggie’s direction.

A tarp, a truck and a welded on piece of aluminum = bulletproof as a loving tank in TWD

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

Uhhhhh... literally most military weapons are automatic. The main assault rifle was nerfed to 3-round bursts because idiot recruits can't handle full auto and keep thinking it's the Rambo button instead of the "careful burst of your choice" option. To be honest them having a shitload of full auto assault rifles is more realistic than the Saviors being down to bows & arrows.

There's more bullets than people in the US, literally. There's more GUNS than people in the US..

ED: A better question is why everyone and their grandmother doesn't have grenades

ED: This may have been the most frustratingly unrealistic battle ever filmed on TV. It goes beyond military tactic nitpicking and survivalist poo poo like before, it's "nobody is doing anything remotely loving logical." When Simon started whistling walking towards a house with a ton of people with rifles in the dark I was like "Really? Really? REALLY? loving REALLY?" Someone needs to watch Full Metal Jacket again to see how loving building cover works

Simon says, "I'm Negan" and the whistling is a Negan threat trademark.It's a thing. REALLY. loving REALLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1woojPsAI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUI2eKFltI

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

I still don't understand why Maggie Goodbrains' grand plan was to let them come into the hilltop instead of like, shooting them from the perches on the wall

Because "selfless" "good leader" Maggie had an insane plan to kill Negan on Glenn's grave

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Binary Logic posted:

Simon says, "I'm Negan" and the whistling is a Negan threat trademark.It's a thing. REALLY. loving REALLY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1woojPsAI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzUI2eKFltI

Maybe Simon thought by saying he was Negan, it'd give him plot armor to resist all the bullets

It seemed to work

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

Btw that slow crawl while bunched up on an open field and then whistling away your location? Brilliant move by Simon.

You misunderstood the scene. That was the Savior spawn point.

Since they just mowed all of them down, that's where they all respawned. Unfortunately only Tara was trying to spawn camp and got one in the shoulder. Given the entire population of pre-Rick Alexandria, the Kingdom and Hilltop seem wiped out, they are on a spawn cooldown until next episode, when the status quo will be returned for Round 10.

ED: Seriously deaths don't matter in the infinite sea of Non Character Characters

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 28, 2018

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Whats the timeline looking like? The walking dead wikia hasn’t really updated for any season since negan came in but I get a sick sort of pleasure at seeing how broken the timeline of this show is. I reckon it can’t be more than two weeks since glen bit it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This 'the saviors just respawn' idea has some real weight to it.

I mean....they could be....respawning.... that would actually make a lot of sense.

teacup posted:

Whats the timeline looking like? The walking dead wikia hasn’t really updated for any season since negan came in but I get a sick sort of pleasure at seeing how broken the timeline of this show is. I reckon it can’t be more than two weeks since glen bit it

Looking into the timeline is probably not a good idea. This show can't get basic things right, what makes you think they have any sort of logical timeline worked out?

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

Then the SAME NUMBER of them emerge behind them and I started laughing so hard, only to recompose myself right before Simon started walking towards a house full of people with assault rifles whistling in the open and then took off like a loving Loony Tunes character when they all started shooting, unscathed.

It really has turned into a cartoon. Not in the comic way, but like, straight up Bugs Bunny.

It also reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDSvhgHyW8&t=145s. What!? The guys who were just shooting at us and fled into the house are shooting at us from inside the house!!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
You know, this whole thing could already be over if those idiots had aimed slightly higher when Simon brought everyone into the epic trap. They would all be dead.

I think the only reason they are doing the "We've got no more ammo..." plot point is because they can't afford doing the horrible CGI bulletholes anymore.

This'll go on for another 2 or 3 seasons and by the end they just hear growls from offscreen and imply that there are zombies there. During a fight one guy brandishes a knife and then it fades to black and then in the next scene this guy looks straight into the camera and says that he just killed someone. That's what this'll turn into.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
The dumbest thing is how everyone just sort of went to sleep where they stood as soon as the saviors left.

I was going to bail on this show at the end of this season but I seriously don't think I can make it there after this episode.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Gortarius posted:

You know, this whole thing could already be over if those idiots had aimed slightly higher when Simon brought everyone into the epic trap. They would all be dead.

I think the only reason they are doing the "We've got no more ammo..." plot point is because they can't afford doing the horrible CGI bulletholes anymore.

This'll go on for another 2 or 3 seasons and by the end they just hear growls from offscreen and imply that there are zombies there. During a fight one guy brandishes a knife and then it fades to black and then in the next scene this guy looks straight into the camera and says that he just killed someone. That's what this'll turn into.

AMC literally tried to get rid of the zombies in S2 and only have them as "sound effects" not seen on camera.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Uhhhhh... literally most military weapons are automatic. The main assault rifle was nerfed to 3-round bursts because idiot recruits can't handle full auto and keep thinking it's the Rambo button instead of the "careful burst of your choice" option. To be honest them having a shitload of full auto assault rifles is more realistic than the Saviors being down to bows & arrows.

There's more bullets than people in the US, literally. There's more GUNS than people in the US..

ED: A better question is why everyone and their grandmother doesn't have grenades

ED: This may have been the most frustratingly unrealistic battle ever filmed on TV. It goes beyond military tactic nitpicking and survivalist poo poo like before, it's "nobody is doing anything remotely loving logical." When Simon started whistling walking towards a house with a ton of people with rifles in the dark I was like "Really? Really? REALLY? loving REALLY?" Someone needs to watch Full Metal Jacket again to see how loving building cover works

Yes...so where are all of the full-autos coming from? They literally haven't even made them in ~30 years...

Blazing Ownager posted:

I loving loved how the kid at the prison gate didn't A) See the zombie and B) They never even mentioned a wounded prisoner. Not once.

I was going to write all this but frankly Forbes wrote everything I wanted to

I also love Daryl's "Ride up on a noisy motorcycle with a headlight at 50 men behind cover" plan that worked despite the fact he should have been filled with enough lead to have a Daryl sized pencil

The best part of Daryl's Wild Ride is the idea that, in the loving APOCALYPSE, Daryl's motorcycle snuck up on a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere and they totally didn't hear the engine 10 miles off. :rolleye:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A really cool episode would be them finding an electric bike and figuring out a way to charge it up using Claire McCaskills book of medieval technology

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

A really cool episode would be them finding an electric bike and figuring out a way to charge it up using Claire McCaskills book of medieval technology

or an opening scene of Rick reading Don Quixote, then the rest of the episode spent watching him yell at a newly constructed windmill

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

When can we expect the musical episode?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I still can't believe how Simon and crew come out from behind the school bus. I mean yeah the whistling is dumb, but traveling in one gigantic condensed blob of people is the stupidest thing ever. Guess they knew the plot armor would protect them but goddamn.

AND WHY WAS THE FRONT DOOR JUST WIDE OPEN? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

They'll never pay for the lighting and choreography required.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Darryl steals the entire potato crop and puts it in a trailer behind his electric bike to get to the Kingdom where he can take all the gourds to get back to hilltop

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Er wait, who the hell is charging all the walkie talkie batteries?

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Remember that time Daryl made a necklace of zombie ears and the rope he tied the zombie ears to got in his mouth and he didn't turn into a zombie?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

moist turtleneck posted:

Pocket windmills?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I so want to sperg, but this is TWD and not at all worth it.

Binary Logic posted:

"We got the guns" only a few episodes back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4Mg5uM9hc

LOL, just noticed Drrrrl has a holster mounted to the handle bar in this ep, and not the swivel-bipod from last ep with the perpetual ammo machine gun.
He must have leveled up and unlocked that feat.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 28, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

moist turtleneck posted:

Clearly Jayda runs a recharging business with the solar panels in back of the dump. Do you even watch this show? Sheesh.

So anyhoo, Tried to watch The Terror last night. Cinematography was neat but something about AMC makes voices all garbled, reduced to mushmouths full of marbles and I could only make out like half of what was said. Did the sound people from TWD work on this new show?

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 28, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

clown shoes posted:

Remember that time Daryl made a necklace of zombie ears and the rope he tied the zombie ears to got in his mouth and he didn't turn into a zombie?

Remember when Daryl fell and got stabbed by one of his zombie killing arrows that at most he just wipes on his shirt or something?

Remember when Daryl kept trying to be a badass and holding his zombie arrows in his mouth?

Pepperidge farm The Writers remembers don't remember.

teacup posted:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline

It's been about 3 weeks.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Hasselblad posted:

LOL, just noticed Drrrrl has a holster mounted to the handle bar in this ep, and not the swivel-bipod from last ep with the perpetual ammo machine gun.
He must have leveled up and unlocked that feat.

Well, in Dying Light if you kill enough zombies with your vehicle you get the vehicle level up and can get new features for it. I think that's what happened here too.

I wish they'd make a tv series out of Dying Light instead of this stupid poo poo. The characters in that are also brain-damaged but at least it is highly entertaining.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Another thing just occurred to me. Where are they getting all the gas for the chain of lookout vehicles they utilized last EP? Also, did they drive out there and live in the vehicles or did was the lookout chain of horns a 9 to 5 gig?

Bonus :wtf: question: Why didn't they just have one person as an outpost and use -I dunno- a different walky-talky station to convey stuff? I mean the saviors already know they have the radios, it's not like its a big secret.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 28, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Hasselblad posted:

Another thing just occurred to me. Where are they getting all the gas for the chain of lookout vehicles they utilized last EP? Also, did they drive out there and live in the vehicles or did was the lookout chain of horns a 9 to 5 gig?

Bonus :wtf: question: Why didn't they just have one person as an outpost and use -I dunno- a different walky-talky station to convey stuff? I mean the saviors already know they have the radios, it's not like its a big secret.

Surprisingly, the petrochemical industry was not affected by the zombie apocalypse.

Bonus Answer: if it made sense then we couldn't have had that amazing Beacon Cars of Gondor scene! SUCH DRAMA! :derp:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yes...so where are all of the full-autos coming from? They literally haven't even made them in ~30 years...

Any single gun show has more full automatics than have ever been seen on Walking Dead, to be honest.

Why do you think people are always freaking out about readily available full auto weapons on the news?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

John F Bennett posted:

Oh God please let them try this after someone is bit by a walker. It'd be comedy gold.

clown shoes posted:

Or the dozens of times Rick has shot a walker and exploded it's brain into his open mouth

Or the fact that people like Michonne go around stabbing walker guts all loving day with her sword and yet she has never infected anyone like this

BonoMan posted:

I still can't believe how Simon and crew come out from behind the school bus. I mean yeah the whistling is dumb, but traveling in one gigantic condensed blob of people is the stupidest thing ever. Guess they knew the plot armor would protect them but goddamn.

AND WHY WAS THE FRONT DOOR JUST WIDE OPEN? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????

I wish I was entirely joking about the spawn point but the more I think about it, the more that's what it actually was

We saw like 30 guys drive up on Hilltop. Like 40 guys died in the fight. Then 30 guys all emerged, at once, almost certainly the same extras.

It was a literal loving respawn.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 29, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

I wish they'd make a tv series out of Dying Light instead of this stupid poo poo.

gently caress it, just make a Fallout TV show. I'd watch it.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Blazing Ownager posted:

Any single gun show has more full automatics than have ever been seen on Walking Dead, to be honest.

Why do you think people are always freaking out about readily available full auto weapons on the news?

Not entire certain you are being serious here.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Or the dozens of times Rick has shot a walker and exploded it's brain into his open mouth
The absolutely guaranteed time Rick would have been infected was linked earlier: in like season 5 he grabs at a zombie who has been impaled in the head with a machete and he slices his hand open. There's like zombie brain guts all over that blade.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/ktLOTJZ.gifv

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Begs the question of what became of the guy(s?) he sent as an end around the back of the building.

Which begs the following question... Did the saviors retreat all the way back to the sanctuary?

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 29, 2018

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Blazing Ownager posted:

gently caress it, just make a Fallout TV show. I'd watch it.

Wait...Maggie isn't the Sole Survivor? :confused:

:rip:
Trevor
2016-201...

oh wait everyone is fine :pwn:

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

dont even fink about it posted:

As far as bad shows I would still put Walking Dead over the last two seasons of X-Files.

Roomba and Forehead Sweat were miles better than anything TWD has put out in the last 5 years.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

The absolutely guaranteed time Rick would have been infected was linked earlier: in like season 5 he grabs at a zombie who has been impaled in the head with a machete and he slices his hand open. There's like zombie brain guts all over that blade.

This reminds me of a YouTube vid I watched where some guy was proposing the theory that Rick is actually a walker. He just has a mutated version of the infection that causes his whole brain to grow back.

Edit https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fFAYq7x497M

Cactus fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 29, 2018

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I let youtube run the other day and it took me to a video that said Rick was the lone walker in the intro but in the *future*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

M4A1s are automatic and could likely be found in national guard depots, on dead soldiers, etc. If you have access to milling equipment and knowledge of firearm mechanics, you could craft the necessary components to convert a semi auto rifle to auto. It's even easier if you're working with an AK pattern rifle.

I mean poo poo they could just make rudimentary tube guns out of plumbing scrap but the big problem would be making a reliable magazine.

but lol expecting any of this level of detail in this show :haw: