Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

GobiasIndustries posted:

Teen Pope is seriously one of the best screenplays ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmBHitRhGjI

In the end, they call attention to Huskey's constant surprise throughout the reading even though he's the one that wrote it, and I couldn't stop laughing. It's seriously one of the best improv landings I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the tom scharpling eps of hh have some of the funniest things in the world to me that i cannot at all convey out of context. the bit where sean asks tom if he's ever heard the end of anyone else's story, he says no, and sean says that means he'd be perfect to take over "by the way, in conversation" franchise from jeff garlin is something i think about constantly.

hot take: the "grease knows eggs" episode is the worst entry to the sharplingverse, sean is the spirit of the show.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cams posted:

the tom scharpling eps of hh have some of the funniest things in the world to me that i cannot at all convey out of context. the bit where sean asks tom if he's ever heard the end of anyone else's story, he says no, and sean says that means he'd be perfect to take over "by the way, in conversation" franchise from jeff garlin is something i think about constantly.

hot take: the "grease knows eggs" episode is the worst entry to the sharplingverse, sean is the spirit of the show.

its a bad entry point, but a hilarious fuckin episode

Unmature
May 9, 2008

cams posted:

Taking this opportunity to mention that everyone should be listening to Tom's new podcast Meet My Friends The Friends.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Matt Lindland posted:

That's from the HH appearance on CBB where they wrote a screenplay about earwolf where hayes has sex with his daughter. I think their first one.

ugh, behind the paywall :(

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

someone was asking me about podcasts to listen to, i recommended hh and the first scharpling episode. my memory of it was just pure comedy, went back and listened and realized at least half the jokes were dependent on the listener being familiar with a TON of podcasts.

i should have reccomended the jensen karp episode, which only requires in depth knowledge of ONE podcast.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
HH: Engineer Cody is a Filthy Liar

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Terror Sweat posted:

Big Apple Bible's bit where Sean goes in to the church is the funniest thing ever on HH.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

What I like about that episode is that is probably the first episode where Tom is Hollywood Handbook Tom right from the get-go. He hits Cody with a "If I hear that fuckin' noise one more time..." after hearing the Mac donk so early, rather than gradually descending into being a profane grump.

"I used the power of Christ. :)"

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

Big Apple Bible's bit where Sean goes in to the church is the funniest thing ever on HH.

"Oh no, they're meeting his anger with kindness!"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
when he said *unh* he was thrusting his hips.......in church

*unh**unh**unh**unh**unh**unh*

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sean's call during the "handbook east" episode where he brings up the 9/11 museum might be the hardest i've ever laughed at a podcast

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
TEDD talks was best. “And sometimes...that’s important.”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
the TED talk episode also had the ad about loving your accountant's kid so buy Quickbooks! which actually got them in trouble.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Golden Bee posted:

TEDD talks was best. “And sometimes...that’s important.”

Don't. Get. Scared.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

GobiasIndustries posted:

the TED talk episode also had the ad about loving your accountant's kid so buy Quickbooks! which actually got them in trouble.

Is this ad available anywhere? Because people talk about it all the time but I've never heard it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Is this ad available anywhere? Because people talk about it all the time but I've never heard it.

It's a great episode all around but that specific ad is right at the end
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/neil-campbell-our-close-employee/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I feel like the time is right for another appearance by the Washington Monugents.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I was impressed that Chelsea had a quote from Snowpiercer ready to go.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Mar 27, 2018

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Is anyone else unable to get "Bananas for Bonanza" to work on Sticher Premium? I'm worried the lawyers for Lorn Greene got to Mr. Daly sometime last week.

I really hope it's just a technical glitch, because that episode is pure gold. I can't recommend it highly enough.

"So Little Joe supports slavery."
PFT GUFFAWS LOUDLY OFF MIC

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought this week's CBB was great. Chaz was wonderful, but she and Besser together were amazing. Besser's pitch for Coral Reef Party or whatever had me in stitches.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Action Man posted:

Is anyone else unable to get "Bananas for Bonanza" to work on Sticher Premium? I'm worried the lawyers for Lorn Greene got to Mr. Daly sometime last week.

I really hope it's just a technical glitch, because that episode is pure gold. I can't recommend it highly enough.

"So Little Joe supports slavery."
PFT GUFFAWS LOUDLY OFF MIC

Top 3 PFTisms:
3. Off-mic guffaws
2. Putting away childish things
1. Hating misery old crones

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If we could somehow only get a show where PFT, James Adomian and Little Janet Varney laughing off mic while the rest of the show is going on.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nastasha Leggero has a top tier laugh that would be wasted off mic

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/earwolf/status/979508167947235329?s=21

Herzog all the way for me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Ducca vs Geno in the first round is cruel

Also where the gently caress are Tiny and Victor :mad:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

GobiasIndustries posted:

Ducca vs Geno in the first round is cruel

Also where the gently caress are Tiny and Victor :mad:

Cody's final gently caress you to everyone

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

write in for Big Chunky Bubbles

just kidding it's Ducca. but I do love BCB

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With the questionable choices provided...

EZPZ

TTK would probably come in at #1 with any other characs, though.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 30, 2018

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Teenage Fansub posted:

With the questionable choices provided...

EZPZ

Mine would be pretty much the same. Have to say, I had to Google Turd Dunkweed and Whitney Peeps. I vaguely remember them now, but can't remember a single episode. Where do I turn in my CBB badge?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Nah I don't know like 3 of those.

But Wilcox vs Dimello in round 1 was cruel, follwed by the even more cruel Dimelo vs Herzog. But in the end, Herzog's taking the whole thing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

W-where is Mall McCartney

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Mine would be pretty much the same. Have to say, I had to Google Turd Dunkweed and Whitney Peeps. I vaguely remember them now, but can't remember a single episode. Where do I turn in my CBB badge?

I was wondering if that whole North East section was only tripping me up or not.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This month I’ve learned my biggest pet peeve is people on twitter creating pop culture brackets but not including the seeding.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

This month I’ve learned my biggest pet peeve is people on twitter creating pop culture brackets but not including the seeding.

My favorite is how poorly seeded all these things are. The left side of that bracket is loving stacked in comparison to the right. I know ‘lol nerds and sports’ is cliche but lol nerds and sports.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
The fact that one bracket had 2 characters that people had to google to remember who they were shows that no thought was put into it basically at all.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Someone set up a better bracket and run a tournament in this thread.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Can we include pairs that sort of need to be pairs like Victor & Tiny or Chazmin & Sunny? Or would it just be an individual character thing?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If Victor & Tiny are a pair would Willie also have to get added in? Or do we just say gently caress that dude and leave him out?
so many questions :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's quite clear to me: Victor & Tiny are on there once, and Victor, Tiny, & Willie are on there once.