Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gobbagool posted:

you may not have gotten the memo, but most of the posters here have informed us that history actually started the day of the parkland shooting

you think in the history of the United States that no one wanted gun control until 2018?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

gobbagool posted:

things can change in the constitution. they do. 2A wont.

Because of people like you, it is actually just a matter of time at this point. Hope you are prepared.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

archangelwar posted:

Because of people like you, it is actually just a matter of time at this point. Hope you are prepared.

See, the thing about that is, it's going to be wonderful watching you people run on a platform of taking rights away. really, i can't wait. Hopefully Hillary co-opts the gun grabbing and it'll TOTALLY BE HER TURN THIS TIME!!!1!! I mean, most of those kids from Parkland will be old enough to vote, so yeah total slam dunk for the modern day rights denying party

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

QuarkJets posted:

you think in the history of the United States that no one wanted gun control until 2018?

Nah, i think low information forums denizens see every news blip as the harbinger for massive social upheaval. We have a school shooting and the same people that were sure that OWS was the beginning of the grand communist revolution think that there's actually enough votes to get rid of the 2A. I'm guessing you've never left Brooklyn, if that's the case

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

every single time someone wants to take away rights it's under the guise of wont somebody please think of the children. I guess i'm so old that i remember the left in the US properly scoffing at that idea as a barometer of what rights should be taken away

I feel like children being murdered in school is a great time to use thinking of the children as an argument actually

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

See, the thing about that is, it's going to be wonderful watching you people run on a platform of taking rights away. really, i can't wait. Hopefully Hillary co-opts the gun grabbing and it'll TOTALLY BE HER TURN THIS TIME!!!1!! I mean, most of those kids from Parkland will be old enough to vote, so yeah total slam dunk for the modern day rights denying party

Lmbo yes the Republicans noted for not trying to legislate away people's rights

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

Nah, i think low information forums denizens see every news blip as the harbinger for massive social upheaval. We have a school shooting and the same people that were sure that OWS was the beginning of the grand communist revolution think that there's actually enough votes to get rid of the 2A. I'm guessing you've never left Brooklyn, if that's the case

"A" school shooting, because it's just the one, and there weren't any already this year and won't be anymore after, because this anger was created in a void independent of anything that has happened in the last twenty years

gently caress yourself shithead

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

OWS seems to be coming up a lot lately, as if the hope that a movement with no purpose which managed to awaken an entire society to the concept of wealth inequality will somehow be the harbinger of a contemporary gun control movement. Somehow if it fails on equal terms, ...it awakens an entire society to how dumb gun culture is?

Starting to think people may not have thought this one through.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gobbagool posted:

Guh? But the Republican Party is constantly running on platforms of taking rights away; opposition to gay marriage/military service/adoption/existence, opposition to abortion, etc. They're already the modern day rights denying party.

Furthermore gun control is not the same as taking rights away

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
You say taking your rights away, I say it's re-prioritizing our rights to live in a country where kids aren't regularly massacred in school, potato potahto really innit?

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

QuarkJets posted:

Furthermore gun control is not the same as taking rights away

We’ll see how it plays out. Looking forward to legions of blue haired tumblrinas demanding an end to the 2A, surely this time it will propel your abuela to her proper throne

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

lmao guns making your brains so smooth youre melting down about hillary in tyool 2018

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

gobbagool posted:

We’ll see how it plays out. Looking forward to legions of blue haired tumblrinas demanding an end to the 2A, surely this time it will propel your abuela to her proper throne

Somebody is shook as gently caress.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

gobbagool posted:

yeah such reasoned debate here, you have flowers for algeria and fishmech arguing over which parts of the constitution they find inconvenient like a bunch of shut ins playing Risk over 2400 baud modems while their flesh slowly becomes one with the couch

You sure seem mad about the fact no one has a right to own guns. That's why I took all of your guns just now.

Pebble and the Penguin
Sep 9, 2010

You're going out there a silly, hysterical, screaming queen, but you're coming back a great, big, passing-for-straight Broadway star!

gobbagool posted:

we want to smelt all the guns down into a statue of a football player kneeling actually, hope this helps you better understand our intentions my dude

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

gobbagool posted:

I can't take away something you don't have my friend.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Someone remind me where magical thinking fits into "well reasoned discussion" because it seems I forgot.

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Hey, I lost the plot a little. Are the people who were arguing that philosophy has no place in a gun debate now arguing guns are a God-given right?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

MixMastaTJ posted:

Hey, I lost the plot a little. Are the people who were arguing that philosophy has no place in a gun debate now arguing guns are a God-given right?

yes

also the godless eurotrash divine right monarchies don't have that right because :psyboom:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

gobbagool posted:

You seem triggered, do you need to go to a safe space?

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I used to be for moderately increasing licensing, regulation and registration and then the gunhavers were like "no that won't work" and I said whoa OK well, let's see, all these dead kids is still unacceptable so I guess we will have to take all your loving guns then.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

MixMastaTJ posted:

here's a summary of gobbagool's posts: "a bloo bloo my guns u can not hav them"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gobbagool posted:

I do not like Hillary, also I'm going to take all your guns personally with my hands

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

Thank you for your very convincing demonstration of my first post itt, which was that people who want guns really REALLY shouldn’t be let anywhere near a gun

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
As an American, the discourse around guns depresses me heavily and has me absolutely convinced that I am going to live to see major civil violence in America in my lifetime, if not by 2020.

I know where it comes from - I could make a whole effortpost about this emphasis on taking, and how fear of "taking" has permeated American culture since the 19th century - but good god there's just no escape and possibly no hope, is there.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

SpaceDrake posted:

As an American, the discourse around guns depresses me heavily and has me absolutely convinced that I am going to live to see major civil violence in America in my lifetime, if not by 2020.

I know where it comes from - I could make a whole effortpost about this emphasis on taking, and how fear of "taking" has permeated American culture since the 19th century - but good god there's just no escape and possibly no hope, is there.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to need to work to hard or violently to take the guns SpaceDrake because gun priests and Facebook users Venn diagram seems to be the former inside the latter.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I do not like Hillary, also I'm going to take all your guns personally with my hands

How does it make you feel to know that literally no meaningful antigun legislation will come of all this? Like, we'll still have our AR 15s, because we always win.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If you always won there'd still be slaves and a Confederacy.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If you always won there'd still be slaves and a Confederacy.

Republicans freed the slaves actually.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A gunnut who doesn't know anything about their country's history and politics? I'm shocked.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Zanzibar Ham posted:

A gunnut who doesn't know anything about their country's history and politics? I'm shocked.

Wow a jealous foreigner that doesn’t know about the history of American political parties, yet feels compelled to display his ignorance publicly, what a shock

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Skar posted:

How does it make you feel to know that literally no meaningful antigun legislation will come of all this? Like, we'll still have our AR 15s, because we always win.

“No, this time is different because twitter is really angry and the children’s crusade”

:goonsay:

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

gobbagool posted:

eat a dick, and go worship some divine right royalty or whatever your shithole country has as a government

gobbagool posted:

leftists, in this very thread, are insistent that we literally revoke a portion of the Bill of Rights. it's great that posters here are so far up their own asses that they think that removing rights is better than maintaining or recognizing God given rights

:thunk:

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

yes, very much like a royal worshipping D&D goon to not understand the difference between a divine right monarchy, and a government that recognizes rights as God given to the people, not individual rulers based on family line. I suppose that also explains why you're so hot on the idea of the only armed people in the country being cops. except when they murder unarmed black men, then it's different or something. it's almost as if don't have a coherent philosophy at all and are just lashing out against a machine of which you have little understanding

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010

gobbagool posted:

it's almost as if don't have a coherent philosophy at all and are just lashing out

Don't sign your posts

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
gobba, you realize Homer was being an idiot in that episode, right? Europe isn't creating an army of King George IIIs to invade your shores and start pushing you around.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Zanzibar Ham posted:

gobba, you realize Homer was being an idiot in that episode, right? Europe isn't creating an army of King George IIIs to invade your shores and start pushing you around.

nah the europeans are too busy getting pushed around in their own countries

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

gobbagool posted:

you may not have gotten the memo, but most of the posters here have informed us that history actually started the day of the parkland shooting

At least their takes come from the prime timeline unlike you whose using deleted scenes from Bioshock Infinite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

gobbagool posted:

yes, very much like a royal worshipping D&D goon to not understand the difference between a divine right monarchy, and a government that recognizes rights as God given to the people, not individual rulers based on family line. I suppose that also explains why you're so hot on the idea of the only armed people in the country being cops. except when they murder unarmed black men, then it's different or something. it's almost as if don't have a coherent philosophy at all and are just lashing out against a machine of which you have little understanding

you believe in god
what a shocker

• Locked thread