Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

mind the walrus posted:

Agent X was remarkably solid all things considered.

No, it was six really good issues by Gail Simone. A few fill in issues (including two which were a sort of Bill and Ted crossover that really screwed all the character arcs of the main cast.)
Then Gail Simone came back to finish the series and explain the plot. That was also good.

Then later Agent X got hit with a weapon that made him permanently fat because that is funny. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nessus posted:

Wasn't that one that he got murdered super hard but some of his blood landed on the magic crystal nearby, and it was still full of live cells, so that counted as "Wolverine touched it first" and he was restored?

No, he was getting his heart (and probably other organs) ripped out when that happened, in the classic X-Men Annual number I-don't-remember, drawn by Alan Davis. :allears:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nessus posted:

Wasn't that one that he got murdered super hard but some of his blood landed on the magic crystal nearby, and it was still full of live cells, so that counted as "Wolverine touched it first" and he was restored?

I have that comic, he was fighting some jobber called Horde.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I love how after this Wolverine has godlike power and consiousness. And decides to give it all up, because he is just a hard working, salt of the Earth type he has a difficult enough time being a man, let alone a god.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Question IRL posted:

I love how after this Wolverine has godlike power and consiousness. And decides to give it all up, because he is just a hard working, salt of the Earth type he has a difficult enough time being a man, let alone a god.

It ends with a weeaboo jerkoff panel of Wolverine at some samurai altar he's got set up in his room at the X-mansion.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Say Nothing posted:

The Question IRL posted:

So, this is all a blatant Watchmen reference/homage/ripoff, right? That entire reconstruction sequence plus the pose he makes and then this godlike powers thing

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I cannot figure out this puzzle page made for small children:

The answer is ____four____, and even knowing that, I can't figure it out.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
#2 has a mole. Other than that I'm stumped.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
#3 has the hair parted on the wrong side and #5 has the wrong nose.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Random Stranger posted:

I mean, I have no idea what the original is supposed to look like in the first place

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pureauthor posted:

I mean, I have no idea what the original is supposed to look like in the first place

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Chili_Storm_(Earth-616)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A Chili Storm is what I suffer the night after a Pot Luck Dinner.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

I'd have ruled out #2 based on the chin, but that's it. Maybe #6 based on the same.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

SonicRulez posted:

Hasn't Wolverine been to the sun?

This was during Grant Morrison's run on XMen, but I think Jean pulled him into the White Hot Room instead of him dying or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wolverine killed Jean shortly before they would have been killed by the sun, which made her go all-out Phoenix and she flew them both back to Earth.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nessus posted:

Yeah, that's one time where he regenerated completely from being "destroyed". I remember that issue because I think it was the first time I saw Art Adams' work.

I also remember it because the ending is "Wolverine becomes God, decides he's not worthy, but everyone still points out how he's the best for resisting the temptation".

e: well hey, look at that whole other page I didn't notice. :downs:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Short hair, mole, wrong parting, wrong nose, wrong hair(?)

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I was gonna say it's #3 because it's the only one where she's showing the left side of her face, which everyone knows is her good side...

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

goatface posted:

Short hair, mole, wrong parting, wrong nose, wrong hair(?)

The problem with using hair as an identifier is that in each story the characters have different hair styles which were sent in by readers of the comic. So, is it supposed to be that way or is it different? Which just makes things even more confusing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it was based on that issue specifically? I dunno, I was trying to work it out by identifying common features.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Say Nothing posted:

My favourite part of this is Wolverine of all people giving a straight faced scientific explanation for what happened, and then adding 'Bub' at the end because he's just remembered that he's Wolverine and not Reed Richards.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

One weird trick to restore fully nude Wolverine to life and vitality. Hordes hate it!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I think it's important to point out that the whole bit with Horde is basically a dream sequence, so it's not quite as crazy as it looks. I've seen a lot of people take those panels out of context.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Actually really cool art, but this is a team-up I don't think anyone predicted or asked for :eyepop:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Breakfast of champions.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So hang on, if Wolverine bled on the crystal but wasn't dead, would there be two of him?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's like Lobo. There'd be tons of Wolvie copies fighting among themselves, and the main guy who wins would be the new Wolverine.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's like Lobo. There'd be tons of Wolvie copies fighting among themselves, and the main guy who wins would be the new Wolverine.
Wrong. There is a pocket dimension full of accidental Wolverines perpetually fighting among themselves, thus creating even more Wolverines. The new Wolverine is the one who manages to escape.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Wrong. There is a pocket dimension full of accidental Wolverines perpetually fighting among themselves, thus creating even more Wolverines. The new Wolverine is the one who manages to escape.

That was the old way. Nowadays they settle it through drinking contests and games of hockey.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
There was an evil more ridiculous sequence in Civil War where Nitro scorched him down to just his skeleton, made some bad jokes, and then Wolverine regenerated.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Ultimate Wolverine was even sillier. Here's Nick Fury having a chat with Wolverine's severed head. (I don't recall if they discussed how he was speaking clearly without lungs or vocal cords.)

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

John Dyne posted:

There was an evil more ridiculous sequence in Civil War where Nitro scorched him down to just his skeleton, made some bad jokes, and then Wolverine regenerated.

He still has his eye oh my god this is amazing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When Logan got hit with the nuke all that happened was he got knocked out he didn't even get burned

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Samuringa posted:

So, this is all a blatant Watchmen reference/homage/ripoff, right? That entire reconstruction sequence plus the pose he makes and then this godlike powers thing

Watchmen came out in 1986/87; Uncanny X-Men Annual #11 was dated 1987. I'm going to guess probably not.

Not every piece of art that looks similar to another piece of art is a reference/homage/ripoff

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Not every piece of art that looks similar to another piece of art is a reference/homage/ripoff

What are you talking about? This is always the case, every single time.

Just like how every film that has a skyscraper fall is a direct reference to 9/11.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Just like how every film that has a skyscraper fall is a direct reference to 9/11.

DID JOHNNY BRAVO PREDICT 9/11

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

I like how no one remembers that 9/11 wasn't the first time terrorists tried to blow up the WTC, so there's a bunch of people who think 90's references to the first attempt are proof of the illuminati.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lurdiak posted:

DID JOHNNY BRAVO PREDICT 9/11

Yes. Predict. :tinfoil:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I like how no one remembers that 9/11 wasn't the first time terrorists tried to blow up the WTC, so there's a bunch of people who think 90's references to the first attempt are proof of the illuminati.

I forget what film I watched last year but a plane crashed into a building and the people I was with would not shut up about 9/11. And the film was from the 90's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Skwirl posted:

Heck, in the 616, it wasn't Bin Laden that orchestrated the first time, it was Juggernaut.