Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

yeah it's a lot. however, lol at this sentiment.

I just think it's kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It sounds incel-y so I try to avoid saying it, but it's entirely true that a legitimately kind person who is very caring but is also just super loving boring probably will not have good luck romantically, even in comparison to a very interesting jerk who is a douche but has many hobbies and can carry a conversation or imprison you with that good dick

This isn't because of any biotruths nonsense though, it's just because most people don't want to spend the rest of their lives with a partner who is a personified saltine

Oh well Pick is forever doomed to desire Hugh

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

therobit posted:

Or Jewish or Persian, and especially not Persian Jews.

Please elaborate. I know a persian jew who keeps ranting about persian women, but I never understood what and why. :allears:

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 30, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Is this a rich neighborhood where the moms would rather buy milk from Uber But For Wet Nurses instead of risk the baby popping an implant?

Not in my experience. Some working women do not have to opportunity to pump, or the inclination, and can keep the baby off formula by buying milk.

Some women are on medications that keep them from producing milk.

Some women are on medications that get into the milk.

Some women have excessive physical issues with nursing such as mastitis and if they want to keep the baby off formula, they gotta buy milk.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Blade Runner posted:

It sounds incel-y so I try to avoid saying it, but it's entirely true that a legitimately kind person who is very caring but is also just super loving boring probably will not have good luck romantically, even in comparison to a very interesting jerk who is a douche but has many hobbies and can carry a conversation or imprison you with that good dick

This isn't because of any biotruths nonsense though, it's just because most people don't want to spend the rest of their lives with a partner who is a personified saltine

The reverse version of this is the person who fills their entire life with tedious bullshit social hobbies to cover for the fact that they're kind of a bore or an idiot in a more restrained setting. You can drag an introvert out of the house every now and then. It doesn't matter how many marathons you run or wine tastings you go to if you can't navigate doing nothing occasionally or you don't know who the last 3 presidents were.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It’s way simpler than that. People want to feel stuff, even bad stuff more than nothing at all. Hence cutting, etc. but there are a lot of guys who are less “boring” than that they don’t want emotion to be any part of their day, and for people who want to feel feelings, it really is like a horrible prison.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The movie The Skeleton Twins, although not necessarily that good, explores this and it’s one of the few properties I think explored it in and of itself and not as much skipping to the (awful) ramifications.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

therobit posted:

Or Jewish or Persian, and especially not Persian Jews.

Uhhh...?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IL I no longer feel safe under US gov and I want to flea to Canada as soon as I can do it legally.

quote:

I'm a citizen of the US. I have a child and the mother agrees with me. We want to get married as soon she is 17. I am 19.

quote:

I intend to go with enough money to cover expenses for 6 months and join their military as Soon as I'm eligible if that would cause me to appear as a desirable candidate. What are your thoughts on that.

quote:

:siren:Dcfs is involved and they've held rape allegations over me for over a year now. My gf is a month away from being 17:siren: and dcfs shows up to my house, forces me to give custody of my child to my mother, and hands me a paper stating that there is a rape allegation against me, but I believe this was just a scare tactic and will let it go given the situation, however I fear that even after I regain custody of my child and Mary the mother a month from now that dcfs will never leave us alone. Dcfs was never involved during my childhood and I will not stand to allow them to have control over my child's life ever again. Once we are free and clear of all legal trouble I want to get the gently caress outa dodge because I'm convinced Canada would be a fresh start for us.

quote:

It's very unlikely I'll be convicted, if I am then gently caress my life. But if I'm not my trust in the government has still deteriorated to a point that I don't feel safe here and I need to get out.

quote:

Man I just wanna serve with honor I'm not a fuckin rapist

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Power Khan posted:

Please elaborate. I know a persian jew who keeps ranting about persian women, but I never understood what and why. :allears:

Ask them about Pakistani people. Put your seatbelt on first.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"I'm not a rapist" - quote from man raping

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Danaru posted:

IL I no longer feel safe under US gov and I want to flea to Canada as soon as I can do it legally.

quote:

Man I just wanna serve with honor I'm not a fuckin rapist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q5El1tpTvI

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Power Khan posted:

I have an Iraqi friend for whom commenting on bad Persian nose jobs was a full time hobby

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

Not in my experience. Some working women do not have to opportunity to pump, or the inclination, and can keep the baby off formula by buying milk.

Some women are on medications that keep them from producing milk.

Some women are on medications that get into the milk.

Some women have excessive physical issues with nursing such as mastitis and if they want to keep the baby off formula, they gotta buy milk.

Oh, these are good points, guess I never thought of those situations.

I'm still calling Buuber as a thing that's probably going to happen / already exists

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

I have an Iraqi friend for whom commenting on bad Persian nose jobs was a full time hobby

See, that's exactly what I thought first, super nose and ears in the mix, but nah, it can't be that simple.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

new phone who dis posted:

The reverse version of this is the person who fills their entire life with tedious bullshit social hobbies to cover for the fact that they're kind of a bore or an idiot in a more restrained setting. You can drag an introvert out of the house every now and then. It doesn't matter how many marathons you run or wine tastings you go to if you can't navigate doing nothing occasionally or you don't know who the last 3 presidents were.
People who are literally incapable of entertaining themselves are generally codependent and/or terrified of being alone with their own thoughts, both of which are more 'exciting' than but as poisonous long-term as "my partner is nice but just kind of exists I guess?".

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Oh, these are good points, guess I never thought of those situations.

I'm still calling Buuber as a thing that's probably going to happen / already exists

The workers/milk producers will legally be considered livestock instead of employees so that buuber doesn't have to provide benefits and isn't responsible when someone drinks rancid titty milk and dies.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I skipped ten pages are we done posting about Pick?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zakharov posted:

I skipped ten pages are we done posting about Pick?

It's a thread Pick posts in, so: no

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Blade Runner posted:

I think this is sort of a disingenuous setup, it's not an either/or option. Nothing stops you from having hobbies and being a good person. Some people just are attracted to dysfunctional dynamics in relationships, they crave that roller coaster ride of emotions. The idea of pick showing up at some dude's place with a fresh tray of muffins only to be met with "those would make a great dessert for the dinner I'm cooking for us tonight" is boring, there's no rush of validation when it's just continuously offered.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

I think this is sort of a disingenuous setup, it's not an either/or option. Nothing stops you from having hobbies and being a good person. Some people just are attracted to dysfunctional dynamics in relationships, they crave that roller coaster ride of emotions. The idea of pick showing up at some dude's place with a fresh tray of muffins only to be met with "those would make a great dessert for the dinner I'm cooking for us tonight" is boring, there's no rush of validation when it's just continuously offered.

Sure, but my main point was that it's not necessarily enough to just be nice and stable. Even if you're legitimately kind and caring, that doesn't mean someone is necessarily gonna wanna be in a relationship with you.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Danaru posted:

I love the weasel wording. She’s 17... okay, she’s almost 17... I’m not a rapist... just a statutory rapist

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

e: eh it doesn't matter

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Power Khan posted:

Persian women nag like you would not believe. Its a cultural thing. I have Persian Jews in my family and the guys who are 100% Persian ancestry all just want to marry Persian women, but the half-American guys never want to live with another Persian woman again after they leave thier mom's house. This is because of the nagging and also the way Persian moms butt into thier lives all the time.

I grew up in a religious community with a ton of Persians in it and this is not isolated to my relatives. I love Persian people but Maz Jobrani's jokes about his family are probably all true things that happened.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Maybe she’s “almost” 16 in addition to being almost 17.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
14 is almost 16 right?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

new phone who dis posted:

A guy at work decided he was going to be tough and come directly back to work after his. He caused bleeding and his sack filled with blood. If this wasn't bad enough, one of his balls died from lack of blood flow and had to be removed. He had it replaced with a fake one. For some reason he told everyone this at break one day. Hoo boy did his life get worse after that.

I had a super brief convo about the existence of fake balls with a doctor when I was in the ER with testicular torsion. I was lucky and they were able to get everything sorted out without surgery but basically if they have to do surgery for that they remove the offending ball and you can get a fakey put in. It doesn't do anything really, just makes it look normal.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

All vasectomy dude has to do is take a friday off, tell the wife he's going fishing/golfing/IDGAF, do it, then hide his rear end for the weekend and odds are by Sunday he'll be fine enough to get around. Have a headache until the bruising goes away and done.

There's no real external sign of this and less she really understands what she's feeling in his sack she won't know either. Bang away and she can just think oh well nature is done with us.

Edit: Assuming you don't live in a stupid state like Kentucky, but frankly if you do then I got no real sympathy for you.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 30, 2018

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

All vasectomy dude has to do is take a friday off, tell the wife he's going fishing/golfing/IDGAF, do it, then hide his rear end for the weekend and odds are by Sunday he'll be fine enough to get around. Have a headache until the bruising goes away and done.

There's no real external sign of this and less she really understands what she's feeling in his sack she won't know either. Bang away and she can just think oh well nature is done with us.

Edit: Assuming you don't live in a stupid state like Kentucky, but frankly if you do then I got no real sympathy for you.

The golfing/fishing trip sounds like a good plan, but this doesn't work when you have 4 young children.

Husband: I'm going fishing with the guys this weekend.
Wife: The gently caress you are.
Children: we poo poo our pants on a dare from Billy!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

What sounds like a normal (if there is such a thing) 20something poly disaster in progress really takes a turn in part 2

My(22F) boyfriend (23F) is jealous of me having a girlfriend(23F)even though he also has one(23F)

quote:

I'm in a poly relationship with my boyfriend of 2 year. I'll put names to make things easier to read:

My BF: john His GF:Sarah My GF/crush(?): mary

I'll start saying that I'm an asexual women and I made it clear to my BF beforore we started dating, it was a bit hard because he had a very old school upbringing but he accepted(he has low sex drive, so it's not that much of an issue). I've always been interested in poly relationships and when he broached the topic about it I was happy to agree trying.

Long story short, he found a gf(sarah) who I actually like, I wouldn't say we're going to be bestfriends but she is not someone I feel unconfortable around and it's been mostly okay. John looks happy, he has more motivation and talks all the time about how much of a good idea was this.

I haven't had a lot of luck though, my asexuality has blocked a lot of possible relationships and I've been studying like crazy so I barely had time to sleep so...

I'm part of a couple of asexual online communitys and started talking to a girl(mary) and we really hit off. We're both ace, have a lots of common interests and she's funny as hell. A couple of my friends have met her and everyone says we're perfect together.

I wanted to introduce her to John(just for the record, I talked to Mary and she's interested in me too). I wanted to tell him in person so I told him to come earlier. He got late, Mary got there before him and I decided to let him know her before everything. He really liked her and was singing her praises after.

When I got home(he came w/me) I told him I really liked her and I could see us dating. He went really quiet and I got anxious. He then started telling me thhat he thought this wasn't a good idea, that I didn't know what I was doing, that she wasn't that funny and, as I quote "she's not even pretty!"

I'm not proud of it but I lost it, I told him to gtfo of my house and that a poly relationship wasn't just for his benefit.

On the next day Sarah called me and said she wanted my side of the story. Apparently i was crazy, I wanted to move out with a girl I met once, that he thought she was an alcoholic(??). I explained to her and she went to talk to him. First he said Iied but got caught then he changed his tune and said that she must have misuderstood. In short, she's pissed, I'm pissed.

Yesterday he sent me a message admitting that he was wrong and he had a very traditional upbringing and thaat came out with a very sexism idea(he didn't like "his women" with anoher person) and he was sorry.

I don't know, I feel hurt, angry and I can't take this feeling like he thought I'd never get anyone... he did seem to regret what he said, though. What should I do?

TL;DR: my bf is jealous that I got a gf, even though we're in a poly relationship and he also have a gf.

quote:

So, my post didn't get that much of attention but I figured I'd post an update. Sorry for the lenght guys, it was a poo poo show.

original post

Just a quick summary: I'm asexual, in a poly relationship with a bf(John), who also has a gf(Sarah) and I met a girl(Mary) who I was interested. Basically I told him and even though he liked her before I said we might date he started freaking out and even lied to sarah.

I asked if we could talk on the tuesday, since I didn't have class on the next day. He agreed and we decided to meet up at his apartament after classes(by the end of the day), I texted Sarah to let her know I'd be talking to him about the situation and she asked me to call her after. I wasn't sure I'd like to talk right after but said I'd text her if I wanted to be alone/in silence. Talked to a friend who lives close by if we could hang out after the talk because this kind of thing always shoots my anxiety to the roof and having someone I trust around helps a lot.

I get to his house and even before I could say anything he started to apologize. At first it seemed ok, but then he said something like "oh, I was being really stupid worrying about u in another relationship, you won't have sex anyway and besides, she's a girl so it doesn't count". All my whats.

I asked what the gently caress he meant with that and he said that he didn't have a problem with girls having sex but that it showed they didn't respect themselves(???) and you couldn't really take it seriously a relationship with someone who did this; but that I didn't have to worry because I was "pure" and a real women and whatnots.

I was furious. Did he actually thought this was right or that it would make me happy? But instead I asked: "but what about sarah?"

He answered:"oh, she's not seeing anyone else right now "

I said something like:"what if she was? You're in a poly relationship, she might fall in love with another man and they might have sex."

At this point I was completely sure I'd be breaking up but what he said after made me lose a portion of my faith in humanity. He said:" I like Sarah, but everyone knows she's not a girl to get married with, I mean, not even her parents wanted her(she's adopted)"

What.the.gently caress. I was speachless, I don't know if he thought my silence meant I agreed w/him but he kept talking

"You know, she even got adopted to another couple and they sent her back, this all just shows there's something wrong with her. I like having fun with her but I'd never even think about spending the rest of my life with someone like that"

At this point I said I was done. I told him he was the most disgusting person I'd ever seen and that he was the lowest human I ever talked to. He then tried to stop me from leaving but I made it clear that if he didn't let me leave I'd gently caress him so much his grandsons would feel lol. He let me leave.

I cried the entire walk to my friend. Which freaked her out since I almost never cry. We opened a bottle of vodka and ate the curry she made(I love thos girl lol) and I cried a lot. Well, guess who calls? I'd forgotten to text sarah and she got worried. So I was crying my heart out, half a bottle of vodka in and talking to her. I said it all. I don't really remember what she said but I knew things were bad.

I woke up, went home, showered and ate. Slept a lifetime. Wake up to my phone ringing, Sarah is calling. Apparently she was furious and left her hometown on wednesday(she was supposed to stay until Easter) and went to Johns house. It was, apparently, a poo poo show. At first he tried to deny it but got caught on his own lies then he tired to justify. Like, wtf. Finally she broke up and left.

Turns out she went home and realized she forgot her key at her parents home and her roomate was traveling. She called me and I invited to spend the night. Opened a bottle of wine and ordered some pizza.

So there's it . Sarah is ok(as fine as someone can be, went back to her hometown), John is hosed because Sarah's family is very influent on the area he intended to work and I'm fine, I guess, pretty much shocked and I'm not sure if it has sinked in so yeah, have been better, have been worse.

Thanks for the advice guys

TL;DR: went to talk to my bf, he said his gf wasn't worth dating because she was adopted. We broke up.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 30, 2018

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Blade Runner posted:

"I'm not a rapist" - quote from man raping

I'm not a rapist either but now I don't want to admit it and get lumped in with this guy

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

LethalGeek posted:

What sounds like a normal (if there is such a thing) 20something poly disaster in progress really takes a turn in part 2

My(22F) boyfriend (23F) is jealous of me having a girlfriend(23F)even though he also has one(23F)

That lady dodged a missile.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

:pwn:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

:yikes:

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

LethalGeek posted:

poly relationships just aren't meant to happen

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
how does a poly relationship full of asexuals work. isn't that just a group of good friends

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boner confessor posted:

how does a poly relationship full of asexuals work. isn't that just a group of good friends

yeah but waayyy more pikechu toe socks and andrew lloyd weber's "phantom of the opera" playing in the background

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

therobit posted:

Persian women nag like you would not believe. Its a cultural thing. I have Persian Jews in my family and the guys who are 100% Persian ancestry all just want to marry Persian women, but the half-American guys never want to live with another Persian woman again after they leave thier mom's house. This is because of the nagging and also the way Persian moms butt into thier lives all the time.

I grew up in a religious community with a ton of Persians in it and this is not isolated to my relatives. I love Persian people but Maz Jobrani's jokes about his family are probably all true things that happened.

Idk if this is an American thing, but living in NW London which is heavily Jewish and Iranian, and also dating an Iranian girl whose parents are first generation immigrants from the revolution and integrating with their community, whilst also I'm also coming from a family of overbearing wops, this is some of the dumbest loving poo poo I've ever read.

What in the Jesus pissing Christ.

Happy Easter.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
When I was in Iran I got the feeling that Persians are the nicest people on earth, and the women definitely didn't nag or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

LethalGeek posted:

This guy is like the Mr. Bean of talking.