Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I got my tanks basecoated and so now this thing I've been working on sporadically for 10 years looks a little cohesive.

https://imgur.com/gallery/dpVtM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Crini posted:

Can anyone give me some feedback on this 1000pt Guard list? I'm just looking to play casual games. I have very little experience actually playing Warhammer, so I don't expect to be very good. I just want to push my plastic army men around a table and roll some dice, winning is secondary. What I don't want is to have a list that isn't any fun to play against or is cheesy.

My entire philosophy for this list is to shoot at everything that moves and most of everything that doesn't. I realize that with Guard if the enemy comes into contact with me then we have a less than ideal situation.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [22 PL, 432pts] ++

+ HQ +

Company Commander [2 PL, 35pts]: Chainsword, Display Astra Militarum Orders, Grand Strategist, Kurov's Aquila, Plasma pistol, Warlord

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 46pts]: Force Stave, Nightshroud, Psychic Maelstrom

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Astra Millitarum/Imperium

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]
. Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

+ Elites +

Special Weapons Squad [2 PL, 45pts]: 3x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Special Weapons Squad [2 PL, 60pts]: 3x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

Special Weapons Squad [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 58pts]
. 5x Guardsman
. Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
. Heavy Weapon Team: Heavy bolter
. Sergeant: Laspistol

. 5x Guardsman

. 5x Guardsman

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [35 PL, 570pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tank Commander [12 PL, 197pts]: Display Tank Orders, Heavy Bolter
. Command Battle Tank: Battle Cannon

+ No Force Org Slot +

Regimental Doctrine: Cadian

+ Heavy Support +

Basilisks [7 PL, 108pts]
. Basilisk: Heavy Bolter

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 180pts]
. Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 52pts]
. 7x Guardsman
. Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer

++ Total: [57 PL, 1002pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Have you considered playing dark eldar.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Thanqol posted:

Admech is rad. I think they're pretty much the perfect army. Even the limited unit selection winds up being cool because it means I can play any forgeworld and any set of tactics for them with the models I have, which serves to make them shockingly adaptable on the table. Everything does exactly what it needs to do and not one step more.

Onager Dunecrawlers with Neutron Lasers are one example. They have exactly enough STR to wound Russes on 3s and exactly enough AP to mean that russes don't get a save at all in response, and their min damage of 3 means that three of them firing at a russ will 100% delete it. So their offensive power is exactly what it needs to be. But their defensive power is -also- what it needs to be - in that they can move and shoot with no penalty. So you can deploy your spidertanks out of LOS and then swing them around a corner with a respectable 8' movement range and delete a russ no problem. From there they've got a 5++ rerolling ones bubble and if they're not killed outright the nearby Dominus can bring one back up to full health in a single repair pass.

It's not a complicated unit but, again as is the theme with AdMech, it fills its tactical role perfectly and not one step more.

And they've got perfectly calibrated counters like this against every possible unit. Destroyers with grav cannons mince superheavy infantry like Custodes or light vehicles like sentinels. Kastellian robots can kill infinity guardsmen - two put down 36 shots wounding on twos and negating armour saves, which is basically 15 dead guardsmen - before you add any of their many potential rerolls and synergies. Sidonian Dragoons are perfect flankers and harassers who absorb crazy amounts of fire for what they cost and if left unattended will wind up in your enemy's tank line. Even Imperial Knights work great with AdMech armies despite/because they have no synergies with anyone else - the rest of the Admech army is somewhat slow and synergistic which means that it needs to advance in a bit of a clump, you can give a Knight an entire flank to itself and it'll move around at a shocking speed and prevent your opponent from concentrating their fire on your fire base. One CP per turn for a 4++ makes the Knight unstoppable.

And while your armies will always be samey in terms of models, it means switching between FW tactics doesn't require any additional investment. For instance, just by adding a few more Destroyers than I normally do I get a fantastic Agrippia list which allows me the craziest overwatch in the game (5+, with two hits on 6's via a relic, which is mathematically equal to destroyers normal BS) and the ability to resurrect a crippled unit of Destroyers. Or I can switch that to Mars, put down a unit of six robots, and add 15 mortal wounds to my existing 108 shots.

People talk poo poo about the AdMech codex being boring but I don't agree with that at all. Ply into it a bit and you can find interesting ways to get a tonne of mileage out of any unit, from a lance of 6 Sidonian Dragoons bringing down a Knight in a single charge, to getting Sicarian Infiltrators to a profile of 2+/5++ 3 STR7 attacks hitting on 2s and doing 3 hits on 5s.

We also have the coolest models in the business. Literally the only thing we lack is a transport.

AdMech is good. Buy in.

This is a great write up on AdMech. At some point I really should get Dragoons. Also, to point out, we don't have transport or any psyker ability on our own. We can soup some in, though, which is great.

As salty as I am/was about AdMech, after playing them so much in 8th, I agree - you can play them a number of different ways and they're a ton of fun.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
How are Whirlwinds now? 95 points seems like a good price.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

NovemberMike posted:

@Crini
A few things pop out to me.

First, you're just Astra Militarum. Picking a regiment gives you a free boost.

Why does the warlord have a plasma pistol? Do you plan on using him aggressively?

What's the plan with the special weapon squads. I don't see a transport, do you have a plan to get them into range?

Your infantry squads all have vox casters. That's a little overkill when you can just take a couple of extra platoon commanders and spread your orders out with extra bodies (and extra orders). Vox casters are expensive for what you get.

Grenade launchers are kind of mediocre.

If you're going to add weapons to a tank, add them to the tank commander first (especially at lower points). Also, consider how much moving and shooting you plan on doing, it can really lower the value of the sponsons depending on your regiment.

They'd be Cadian, I need to mark that in Battle Scribe.

Most of my decisions here are based on the things I think are cool, which might not be the best way to serve the Emperor. Plasma pistols are cool, Basilisks & mortars are cool, etc.

My main thought for the force would be to sit back and shoot at everything with everything in the beginning, allow the massed firepower to take care of the enemy since the Guard can't stand up to charges.. I was thinking of walking the special weapons guys behind the tanks, slowly, after the carnage cleared to try and take objectives. Really the tanks, the special weapons squad, and the one infantry squad with no heavy weapon would be my 'mobile' options. I could also use the Commander & Psyker that way also. The rest of the force would just be a static fire base.

Am I overdoing the firepower and not allowing enough mobile options? I could add a Chimera or maybe some Sentinals to give my force some more mobility.

Crini
Sep 2, 2011

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Have you considered playing dark eldar.

What is the xenos?
-A blight to be purged

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Neurolimal posted:

The Matt Ward era. I admittedly didn't pay as much attention to 40k when that time rolled around.

I'm still amazed that there are people who are into the concept of "the other, other, other Emperor's chosen elite, this time they're psychic, and so uber secret they genocide worlds to stay hidden" beyond whenever it's a FotM.
That was the 5e codex, which has apparently thoroughly traumatized the playerbase that they assume GK remained good from that point on? Their 7e codex was a wet sack of poo poo and the current 8e version is only marginally better, and still probably the worst codex in the game at the moment.

Fluff-wise, what you're describing has been GW's MO for a long time now and Primaris and Custodes are way worse offenders; Grey Knights have been in the game since 2nd edition.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

One_Wing posted:

I am open mouthed at how preposterously broken that strategem is. I legitimately thought “no countering strategems” was a deliberate design choice they were making. The number of potentially uses is drat near infinite, and it will say “3CP - win the game” far too often. Even shutting off a command re-roll will often be clutch - imagine turning off a reroll for Guilleman or Celestine’s res? Or more hilariously, opponent planning on using insane bravery to keep that blob of 20 Necron warriors you whittles down to 5 in the game? All aboard the nope train.

I would not be surprised if this gets straight up nuked from orbit as fast as commissars did.

I...am going to have to email the London GT organisers and ask how they’re handling dark Eldar detachments. If they’re going for the obvious choice of 3 Drukari patrols = 1 normal detachment, then I think I’m going to have to see if I can coordinate getting an allied force together rather than running my Craftworlds brigade.

You can probably build a 3 patrol blob including a 20 wych block for under 500 points. You make the Archon your warlord, with the KotBH regen CP trait (which craftworlds are already frustratingly don’t have outside half of it on autarchs, which are trash in Biel Tan anyway), pay your one CP to level the haemoculus up to the “lol now gain d3” trait and a succubus to ???, then run a craftworlds battalion + something else. Trade 500 points of craftworld stuff to get access to a premier chaff clearing unit in the Wyches, a couple of objective grabbing troops choices and three decent characters, and get access to what is probably the best strategem in the game, CP regen, and a bunch of other neat tricks.

My Necron army might have to wait.

Everything about this codex screams out to me that this is going to turn out to be a terrible mistake. I really hope they know what they’re doing. Maybe soup is getting some serious nerfing in the FAQ, something like “only get strategems that match all factions of your warlord” would help
As a pure Drukhari player I would absolutely be behind soup lists not getting access to our strats or our raiding party detachments.

I want my army to be strong but I don't want the army I stuck with while it was weak to be "that guy's" army.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Deified Data posted:

As a pure Drukhari player I would absolutely be behind soup lists not getting access to our strats or our raiding party detachments.

I want my army to be strong but I don't want the army I stuck with while it was weak to be "that guy's" army.

The stratagem isn’t that bad, one wing just lost his goddamn mind over it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Crini posted:

What is the xenos?
-A blight to be purged

QFT

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

tallkidwithglasses posted:

The stratagem isn’t that bad, one wing just lost his goddamn mind over it.

Oh I know, I just don't want looky-loos playing with my toys.

I think at the end of the day the meta will adapt and move on. What's the next major event and is there a faq between then and now?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The next major event is bay area open in May ish I think, and there's going to be a major FAQ either tomorrow or next week.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Karl Rove posted:

That was the 5e codex, which has apparently thoroughly traumatized the playerbase that they assume GK remained good from that point on? Their 7e codex was a wet sack of poo poo and the current 8e version is only marginally better, and still probably the worst codex in the game at the moment.

Fluff-wise, what you're describing has been GW's MO for a long time now and Primaris and Custodes are way worse offenders; Grey Knights have been in the game since 2nd edition.

At least there's some reasoning for Custodes and Primaris that makes sense and makes them interesting (Custodes basically being hulking painters and poets, primaris out-of-fluff being a way to explain fixing marine proportions), Grey Knights as-penned by Matt Ward are just a chapter of all-librarians, except they're immune to chaos (despite psykers being hilariously chaos-prone), have weird bonus technology, and are murderously secret for uh, Reasons. They're Dark Angels sans the anything compelling.

Outside 5e I think people dislike GK's because of how aggressively one-note they are; one color scheme, no interesting characters, and when they're good they're just a glowing "dont play with me if you have a Chaos army" neon sign, spelled out in binary.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 31, 2018

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Crini posted:

They'd be Cadian, I need to mark that in Battle Scribe.

Most of my decisions here are based on the things I think are cool, which might not be the best way to serve the Emperor. Plasma pistols are cool, Basilisks & mortars are cool, etc.

My main thought for the force would be to sit back and shoot at everything with everything in the beginning, allow the massed firepower to take care of the enemy since the Guard can't stand up to charges.. I was thinking of walking the special weapons guys behind the tanks, slowly, after the carnage cleared to try and take objectives. Really the tanks, the special weapons squad, and the one infantry squad with no heavy weapon would be my 'mobile' options. I could also use the Commander & Psyker that way also. The rest of the force would just be a static fire base.

Am I overdoing the firepower and not allowing enough mobile options? I could add a Chimera or maybe some Sentinals to give my force some more mobility.

You can do as much firepower as you want, just keep in mind how far it reaches. How does your melta squad get there? Why does a target want to get in range of them? In general, heavy weapons are easier to use than meltas and more efficient than grenade launchers. Plasma and Flamers are the most efficient special weapons.

Also, keep in mind that you can still move a squad with a heavy weapon. It's not even that big of a deal, you get -1 to hit.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I did like Grey Knights before Ward got his grubby mits on them but it was weirdly based on this mandela-effect tier headcanon i had that i couldve sworn was real but ive never ever found a source for it or where i got it from.

The big thing that i thought was that the only reason gk's never technically fell to chaos was because the sanctic wards on their skin would turn inwards if they ever fell and destroy them body and soul in a conflagration of sanctic energy.

I liked that because it painted the holy daemonhunters as succeeding due to bloody-minded pragmatism rather than just being the best at everything, and kept them "incorruptable" in a literal sense. Of course it wasnt actually true and i found the 5e codex pretty unrecognizable from what i thought i knew.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Neurolimal posted:

At least there's some reasoning for Custodes and Primaris that makes sense and makes them interesting (Custodes basically being hulking painters and poets, primaris out-of-fluff being a way to explain fixing marine proportions), Grey Knights as-penned by Matt Ward are just a chapter of all-librarians, except they're immune to chaos (despite psykers being hilariously chaos-prone), have weird bonus technology, and are murderously secret for uh, Reasons. They're Dark Angels sans the anything compelling.

Outside 5e I think people dislike GK's because of how aggressively one-note they are; one color scheme, no interesting characters, and when they're good they're just a glowing "dont play with me if you have a Chaos army" neon sign, spelled out in binary.
I mean, I'll leave it at saying I disagree with your assessment :shrug: I find Dark Angels uncompelling and boring as concrete (and their color scheme is hideous). I don't get what you mean about the GK paint scheme though; basically every chapter has a single paint scheme of one or maybe two solid colors with little to no variation.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Grey Knights as-penned by Matt Ward are just a chapter of all-librarians, except they're immune to chaos (despite psykers being hilariously chaos-prone), have weird bonus technology, and are murderously secret for uh, Reasons.

Literally everything you said here was part of the GK fluff before Matt Ward came along, he just added to the framework that was already there. I get your misunderstanding, they probably don't explain that on the 1d4chan wiki. Have you considered reading the actual books and not parroting the opinions of a bunch of rape-obsessed creeps? Maybe after that you can progress to actually playing the game.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Karl Rove posted:

I mean, I'll leave it at saying I disagree with your assessment :shrug: I find Dark Angels uncompelling and boring as concrete (and their color scheme is hideous). I don't get what you mean about the GK paint scheme though; basically every chapter has a single paint scheme of one or maybe two solid colors with little to no variation.

Well, every chapter at least has successors to mix things up. I guess it's more to do with my dislike for their whole silver color scheme. Pretty much most peoples' disdain for Custodes gold is how I feel about it.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Literally everything you said here was part of the GK fluff before Matt Ward came along, he just added to the framework that was already there. I get your misunderstanding, they probably don't explain that on the 1d4chan wiki. Have you considered reading the actual books and not parroting the opinions of a bunch of rape-obsessed creeps? Maybe after that you can progress to actually playing the game.

Sorry if I insulted an army you like? I never knew anything about GK before Ward started focusing on them, and I'm sure that was the case for plenty of people. No need to get angry about someone reading an accessible wiki to catch up on stuff they've missed.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Well, every chapter at least has successors to mix things up. I guess it's more to do with my dislike for their whole silver color scheme. Pretty much most peoples' disdain for Custodes gold is how I feel about it.
That I agree with; my Grey Knights are actually grey, offset with a lot more red and white (in particular, any cloth is always bright red) and I use the old metal sculpts so the recessed panels covered in engraving are fully blacked out and the letters picked out in gold. Partially I also wanted to avoid base-coating everything in a metallic color.
Yeah this seems kind of unnecessary here, dude.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
That sounds pretty neat, do you have any pics? I usually keep my grey colors pretty dark since I use grey primer and get paranoid about things looking unpainted.

E: for the record I'm totally cool with Grey Knights existing, I just think they need more character development + a gimmick that isn't a binary "if we have more psykers you lose" or "if you use daemons you lose" advantage.

Inquisitors kind of have the same issue except at least for them you can hastily change your custom inks' to "Ordo: Your Guys", have an Ordo for general characters, and for named Ink characters the rigid ordos act more as balanced drawbacks/incentives for sticking your army to one ordo (or more likely collecting characters for every ordo to slot in/out).

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Mar 31, 2018

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

That sounds pretty neat, do you have any pics? I usually keep my grey colors pretty dark since I use grey primer and get paranoid about things looking unpainted.
Picture is from a while ago and its a little washed out so it loses detail, but it shows the scheme pretty well I think:

I acknowledge that I am a mere 'tabletop quality' painter but I would never Dishonor the Chapter by playing anything not completely finished.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ohey, depending on how long ago you painted those I might recall seeing them in the Painting thread. Yeah the gold there does a really good job popping against the non-metallic grey. When it's gold on silver things start looking a little more tacky IMO.

Compared to how lousy I am at painting and photos, your stuff is comparatively fantastic :)

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
GK Were the super secret edgy boys who executed guard regiments they worked with because they were witnesses since Codex: Daemonhunters at least.

Ward added a lot of really dumb stuff, though.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Der Waffle Mous posted:

GK Were the super secret edgy boys who executed guard regiments they worked with because they were witnesses since Codex: Daemonhunters at least.

Ward added a lot of really dumb stuff, though.

I still dont feel like Draigo really fits. His existence devalues the horror of the Warp and Chaos as an antagonist.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is my brain just making up the concept that GK are rumored to be heavily comprised of librarians from traitor chapters that refused to defect/traitor geneseed that resisted corruption? If not then that would be neat for them to lean into; units of basically more-prestigious Blackshields that are survival-of-the-fittest'd into their chaos resistance. You could even reverse the "super immunity marines" concept and have them specialized in converting traitors (plenty of book material for a grey knight and a chaos librarian trying to convert each other) with their force of will and faith (...and their ability to relate to each other via shared traitor chapter history, plot twist!)

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnEdgelord posted:

I still dont feel like Draigo really fits. His existence devalues the horror of the Warp and Chaos as an antagonist.

Agreed. Ward definitely kicked up certain parts of the fluff to dumb levels.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You know I'm surprised they don't have some pariahs/blanks on the space marine training program like they do with librarians. Seems like that might be useful.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the reason they don't is because they're so unbelievably rare that, if anyone actually discovers them, they're normally snatched up by either the Inquisition or the Officio Assassinorum (or the Necrons, pre-update). I don't think they've ever given an official reason why they don't, though.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
maybe they are too valuable to risk dying during induction into a chapter? Or they cannot discover them early enough.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Neurolimal posted:

Is my brain just making up the concept that GK are rumored to be heavily comprised of librarians from traitor chapters that refused to defect/traitor geneseed that resisted corruption?

Their first Grand Master was a loyalist Thousand Son who was undergoing the Flesh Change when he was merged with a "good" shard of Magnus that was hanging around the Throne.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

One_Wing posted:

Looks like the codex related content embargo has dropped cause the tabletop tactics Drukari intro battle report has been posted.

It’s quite something.

https://youtu.be/ChhwdS08HbY

I am so very not loving reassured

Lawrence is one of the best players in the UK outside the ETC setup and potentially better than a lot of the guys in it. Drukhari are his favourite army. Bone is a cool guy and a decent player but nowhere near as good as Lawrence is, and he's playing pure World Eaters which is an army Dark Eldar are basically designed to take apart especially how their studio build is set up. Chill the gently caress out, it's one report with some very heavily limiting factors.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I can't deal with that one guy because he looks like a Bob's Burgers character and is kind of annoying. Why would you choose to have that mustache and hair?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

R0ckfish posted:

maybe they are too valuable to risk dying during induction into a chapter? Or they cannot discover them early enough.

This makes the most sense; as humanity becomes more and more psychically sensitive blanks are probably becoming rarer and rarer. Conversion into marines is bad enough that multiple chapters have strength in the couple-thousands despite having entire recruitment planets, so they'd probably end up murdering the vast majority of blanks to get like, three Null Marines.

The bigger question is "why aren't there any dreadnought patterns to inter these soulless monsters", since Custodes establish that you dont need a geneseed to be interred. Maybe dreadnoughts only work via interaction with a spirit, otherwise the head is just a servitor.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

I can't deal with that one guy because he looks like a Bob's Burgers character and is kind of annoying. Why would you choose to have that mustache and hair?

Imagine being this wrong.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Corrode posted:

Lawrence is one of the best players in the UK outside the ETC setup and potentially better than a lot of the guys in it. Drukhari are his favourite army. Bone is a cool guy and a decent player but nowhere near as good as Lawrence is, and he's playing pure World Eaters which is an army Dark Eldar are basically designed to take apart especially how their studio build is set up. Chill the gently caress out, it's one report with some very heavily limiting factors.

Ok real talk, I’m deliberately playing this up for comic effect and that’s not coming across very well on the internet and I’m going to stop. Dark Eldar do look exceptionally strong, but that’s not going to ruin my game or anything.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Zuul the Cat posted:

This is a great write up on AdMech. At some point I really should get Dragoons. Also, to point out, we don't have transport or any psyker ability on our own. We can soup some in, though, which is great.

As salty as I am/was about AdMech, after playing them so much in 8th, I agree - you can play them a number of different ways and they're a ton of fun.

The pro tier AdMech army patch is to ally in Greyfax and three assassins of your choice, my preference is 2 evesors and a culexius. Gives you the most hardcore anti-psychic defense out of anyone, mobility your army won't get easily elsewhere, the lack of synergies for the assassins is great because of the earlier mentioned tight firebase problem and is incredibly fluffy to boot. And the threat of having three assassins hangin' out in deep strike provokes an incredibly paranoid style of movement from your opponent as a nice bonus.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Neurolimal posted:

If you really want to make sure everyone's on the up-and-up, you could always make a data sheet with the total'd up stats of the units and quick summaries of the rules, and let them skim it while you put your mans on the table.

That's actually something I plan on doing to cap off a 2000pt army: a few sheets with all the units, checkboxes for wound tracking & per-turn powers, which units are in what transports, stratagems and total CP, laminated so I can just use a dry-erase marker and use it repeatedly. More for myself to remember all that poo poo but being transparent with an opponent is a nice bonus :)

I usually do this, especially for tourney play. Just print off my BattleScribe list with all the rules turned on and a copy of my cheat-sheet for stratagems and hand it to them.

Their call if they don't feel the need to look at it closely, but the info's all there.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

DancingShade posted:

You know I'm surprised they don't have some pariahs/blanks on the space marine training program like they do with librarians. Seems like that might be useful.

To add to what others have said, they'd also mess up the psychic powers of their squad mates.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Remember when the Pariah were literally the Emperor's children, and they were the secret ingredient to psyk-out ammunition and grenades?.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

xutech posted:

Remember when the Pariah were literally the Emperor's children, and they were the secret ingredient to psyk-out ammunition and grenades?.

I still think the Sensei are really cool!