Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Disney World is creepy.

Their park employees have it real bad too. Super long hours, terrible pay. Just meat for the grinder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Who is lordkat anyway? I know nothing about him.

He once made a post in the LP sandcastle to continue his Until We Win series and when goons told him to not do rape "jokes" he flipped out, then went on twitter about triggering goons.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Those goats are cute. I would do the goat train.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The new Brows Held High is very good, probably one of Kyle's best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFdsT5roD4Y

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR7ryg1w_IQ

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recently noticed a recommendation for some show called Down the Rabbit Hole about Spoony. Is anyone else getting that too?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Mraagvpeine posted:

I recently noticed a recommendation for some show called Down the Rabbit Hole about Spoony. Is anyone else getting that too?

Yes, we intentionally elected not to really talk about it in depth twice now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Down the Rabbit Hole itself however is pretty good.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

DTRH Is great when he's talking about like, Plague Doctors. Spoony? Eeeehh.

Mind you I'll bat for him talking about DSP because Phil is the absolute greatest of the lolcows. There is no contest,

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I hate all of you for telling me about LGR by the way.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Just give in to Clint's awesome chill, you'll be better for it. Then go check Techmoan, MsMadLemon, Nostalgia Nerd and Retro Man Cave. It's for the best.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
if you do watch that video just remember to view it through the lens of how early personality driven content went on the web and what we can learn from his actions

we like to point and laugh but this can happen to any #content creator and it's important we be mindful of that

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Linear Zoetrope posted:

lgr videos have convinced me that i need at the least a 386 or 486 to dick around with, and maybe a more powerful windows 98 machine as well.

i love lgr but clint is a really bad influence on dopes with poor impulse control and a weakness for nostalgia.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
whoops, didn't notice it was talked about, was overshadowed by Lordkat talk.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

whoops, didn't notice it was talked about, was overshadowed by Lordkat talk.

Which is ironically what led to it!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Glad Contra decided against posting a picture of a "virtuous billionaire" since they don't exist. You don't get that much money without trampling and exploiting a great many people. Some altruism after the fact that doesn't make up for the lives they've ruined getting to that position.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Jimbot posted:

Glad Contra decided against posting a picture of a "virtuous billionaire" since they don't exist. You don't get that much money without trampling and exploiting a great many people. Some altruism after the fact that doesn't make up for the lives they've ruined getting to that position.

i took it as a subtle joke

there a bad billionaires
*series of people*
and good billionaires
*picture not found*

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That's probably it. I've been reading twitter too much so even jokes about that kind of fly over my head.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kim Justice posted:

Just give in to Clint's awesome chill, you'll be better for it. Then go check Techmoan, MsMadLemon, Nostalgia Nerd and Retro Man Cave. It's for the best.

And The 8-Bit Guy.

Every now and again I get a wild urge to dig up some of those rad old school programming instructional books and learn how to program using them.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Jimbot posted:

That's probably it. I've been reading twitter too much so even jokes about that kind of fly over my head.

Twitter is bad for the soul.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kim Justice posted:

Adding to the list of similar creators, Pixelmusement and DOS Nostalgia are also worth checking out.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/980314705725132800

I don't know who this guy is, but I feel bad for him. He seems like an okay dude.

EDIT2: Never mind, it appears to be an April Fool's joke.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Apr 1, 2018

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Kim Justice posted:

Clint also has the correct opinion on wood grain, which is an added bonus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

He once made a post in the LP sandcastle to continue his Until We Win series and when goons told him to not do rape "jokes" he flipped out, then went on twitter about triggering goons.

LP has produced some fantastic meltdowns in its time from would-be YouTube superstars, but LordKatt's was by far one of the best so far :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Twitter is bad for the soul.

It, in fact, massively owns because David Hogg can use it to get second amendment freaks to relentlessly self-own.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It, in fact, massively owns because David Hogg can use it to get second amendment freaks to relentlessly self-own.

As if they don't constantly do it all the time

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lornekates posted:

Update:

Channel Awesome at the start of the month

Channel Awesome now (notice they're actually down a column)

love ur videos dude, keep it up

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

The Dom reviews the book Ready Player One, in preparation for his review of the film adaptation.

I haven’t read the book or seen the film, although this review has rekindled my interest in doing the latter at some point. It’s always good to see an opinion that goes against the grain, and I think Dom did a good job of explaining why he had fun with RPO despite its flaws.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Max Wilco posted:

Adding to the list of similar creators, Pixelmusement and DOS Nostalgia are also worth checking out.

EDIT:
https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/980314705725132800

I don't know who this guy is, but I feel bad for him. He seems like an okay dude.

EDIT2: Never mind, it appears to be an April Fool's joke.

The dab is...*kisses fingers*

This guy's great by the way, I started watching him on the thread's recommendation and he's got a really great knack for breaking down games most people think are impenetrable. Loved his review of E.Y.E.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dear Youtube content providers who I love, stop polluting my feed with bad Aprils Fools videos.

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
Hbomb posted his after 1200 BST, so it doesnt count.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Now to look at Phelous's recent vid and wondering if it is a Night Mind parody from the weird voice and smoke effects or a DTRH parody from all the weird especulation.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Kunster posted:

Now to look at Phelous's recent vid and wondering if it is a Night Mind parody from the weird voice and smoke effects or a DTRH parody from all the weird especulation.

You say that like NM isn't prone to weird speculation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm so glad that Twitter has protected us from Kyle's extremely offensive tweets.

https://twitter.com/KyleKallgren/status/980465664296091648

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

:lol: gently caress twitter to death.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess it’s true that Charlie Chaplin was expressing intolerance for nazis with The Great Dictator.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Kunster posted:

He should have used a text-to-speech program for the authentic Night Mind robot voice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hbomb put in just the right amount of effort in that takedown of Skyrim.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Puppy Time posted:

You say that like NM isn't prone to weird speculation.

Well yes, but its more lighthearted.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Hbomb put in just the right amount of effort in that takedown of Skyrim.

Literally terrified of clicking the link due to what today is. Hbomb why would you do this :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Twitter is run by literal nazis

• Locked thread