Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

That's not what "ironically" means

Also why do none of these people know how to use the word "myself" correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm pretty sure there's going to be people with far more objectionable outfits by any moral standards. No one cares. At best someone might take pictures to mock them and/or masturbate to them on the internet.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
lol at "Rhonda Rousey isn't a comic character!" (Dr Who is a comic suddenly?), the MCM shows literally have a wresting section, with a ring and everything. Dressing as a wrestler is completely within the remit of the event and actually really common, I trade at Birmingham and must have seen a dozen people dressed as the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Mankind etc.

Also, if he IS secretly into crossdressing, well, who the gently caress cares? It's not morally wrong and doesn't hurt anyone, if he wants to wear a bra let the dude wear a bra!

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

This chick sounds like she really wants to say 'I like my BF but if he turns out to be a crossdresser that's a deal breaker and I don't want to say that out loud.'

But assuming the guy is just in it for the cosplay, Dude knows what he's walking into potentially, you don't have to be preemptively defensive for him.

poo poo if anything I figured she'd object to him wanting to use her sports bra, make him buy his own drat outfit.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Fatkraken posted:

lol at "Rhonda Rousey isn't a comic character!" (Dr Who is a comic suddenly?), the MCM shows literally have a wresting section, with a ring and everything. Dressing as a wrestler is completely within the remit of the event and actually really common, I trade at Birmingham and must have seen a dozen people dressed as the Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, Mankind etc.

Also, if he IS secretly into crossdressing, well, who the gently caress cares? It's not morally wrong and doesn't hurt anyone, if he wants to wear a bra let the dude wear a bra!

Agreed. Its loving cosplay who cares.

If he is secretly into cross dressing let him do the ronda rousey thing and next con help him out with other girly animu poo poo , now you have a boyfriend AND a cosplay dress up makeover doll man. Fun pretty times!
Do lesbian animu or sci fi couple cosplays and you'll get the attention you so clearly crave dear op!

I also did like the "I look like this amazingly beautiful actress because I'm a Ranga Too!". It reminds me of all those awkward at " Everyone says I look like *celebrity* " things in the old aug thread.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Motronic posted:

I'm sorry, but I haven't ever actually considered something like this. But isn't it even WORSE if it's a regular thing? Like more risk of derailing the existing relationship......as in this exact post? ........lol, never mind, I just figured it out. They are all broken. Got it.

Other people said she had a guy in mind, but I don't necessarily think that's true - I think she just assumed her boyfriend would be the same as her, and would flit from "playmate" to "playmate". Even that term insinuates all you do is sexual play with the person, not anything really emotional or serious. (also i hate the term 'play' for sex things ugh WE'RE NOT DOGS gross)

She made an incorrect assumption about her partner, didn't communicate her expectations or desires properly, and is upset now when it's too late and things have come too far along. And now, she's panicking because she's realizing how much her assumptions led to her proposal of the open relationship in the first place. Simply put, she was most likely just thinking about herself and this situation probably never even occurred to her. Just the way her tone is like, ugh, FOUR MONTHS, how could he???? is telling and hilarious

Meanwhile boyfriend is golden because no matter which path he chooses, he comes out fine and most likely happy.

She really shot herself in the foot with this one.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 1, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Don’t a lot of guys just cosplay as a woman for the comedy factor? I’ve seen pics of some big hairy guy dressed up in a tube top and yellow jacket/hot shorts as some anime lady, and he looks like he’s having a grand old time.

Me [30m], her [30f]. 3 months. My dog beat up her dog. Time to break up?

quote:

I didn't even want to go to her parents house. She insisted. I love dogs, but I'm still kinda scared of dogs. I grew up in a poor neighborhood...we had pits and rots loving kids up all the time. Chewing faces off and whatnot, seemed like every month. Everyone still had a dog, though.

I got my own house a few years ago, and I grabbed a pup from the pit we had at my Grandma's house. I knew the mom, the pit loved me. Match made in heaven.

I have trained her so well. She's my girl. She responds to all of my commands. She's more familiar with commands than a 2 year old kid. My 2 primary commands: Attention, stop. 2 secondary commands are come, and go.

I have no formal training with dogs or whatever. I just read books and watch youtube videos. We've been fine for years from this. We go to dog parks, and she's so gracious. I bring new people around her, she's so friendly.

My GF said we need to show up to her parents for Easter. It's just 3 months, but OK thats fine (Saturday night). She also insists Sunday night we have to stay at hers. That means I have to bring my dog because I have no other options with no heads up. I'm fine with that. My dog stays at her house all the time, no big deal. She says her dog from her childhood is at her parents house but he's friendly. Yeah, OK.

We pull up. I parked down the street. We walk towards the house, my gf lets my dog in the back yard through the fence and walks through herself. I stay in the front yard like a normal human being until I'm invited. I chill for the next 50 seconds, but her dad walks up, he's walking the dog. Dog's name is Pepper. So creative. No leash obviously, because apparently Pepper doesnt need one.

Pepper starts growling at me. I'm on the property, I get it. Dad starts smiling. He thinks its funny. "Daughters boyfrend came to my house, I had to sick the dog on em!" That was the clear impression I received. Pepper was like a border collie. I am not familiar with non pits nor rots...but she has said he's a a type of collie and I've seen them before. He approached me very angry like.

I started to back up until I got off the property. No quick moves. Pepper kept following me, barking n poo poo. Dad kept smiling. I got to the sidewalk. gently caress this...gently caress that..I'm out.

I made sure the car was unlocked from the key fob. I turned around to make sure the street was clear. Then I yelled "BAKAAAAA" like a straight b**ch and started clapping my hands like a drunken monkey. 2 claps means come here NOW. Maybe me yelling her name got her more amped up too.

Soon as I started clapping, their dog rushed me. I ran. Why would I not? I got right up by the door on the car when I heard a kerfuffle behind me. Baka caught his rear end!!! She came outta god knows where, probably the back yard, and got to work.

My pup did exactly what she was supposed to do. I called her. I was scared as gently caress. Baka tore his rear end up. I'm so proud of her, she got so many treats. GF is livid. Baka caught Pepper in his neck with her teeth when she bit down. Pepper is alive. Baka is alive. I am alive. Pepper has a vet bill, and a slight recovery. I do not feel like I should pay for anything. 100% of the damage occurred at the door of my car. They say Pepper was just protecting his home, and he would never bite me. But even if he bit me it woudlnt be that bad cause I could have just kicked him off. I say no.

Pepper has been her dog for years so to see him getting tore up by Baka was very sad. There was a lot of blood. I understand. They are asking for $800, though. They should pay me $800 because what if the dog just bit my leg and broke the skin? I have to go to the ER, get shots, get blood tests, get some cream for the bite marks, plus that poo poo hurts. All that would cost more than $800.

Its not a big deal either way. I think I'm more concerned with hearing whose dog is at fault.

TLDR: Baka did what Baka should do. I dont think thats my problem.

‘My dog mauled my girlfriend’s family dog. But she such a good girl!’

This guy’s behavior/reasoning baffles me. Number one, his dog is unsecured/not leashed in a new area where there’s another dog it doesn’t know present. If the dog is growling at you, perhaps ask the owner to secure it rather than running for your car and yelling for your dog. Maybe not reward your dog for that sort of situation.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I love the dig at gf’s dog’s name. That dude is a treasure

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Lethrom posted:

poo poo if anything I figured she'd object to him wanting to use her sports bra, make him buy his own drat outfit.

Phonepost double post but this would be the issue I'd have.
Don't gently caress up and stretch out my bras for your dang costume!!! Sports bras that are not painful garbage are expensive as balls and I would be mad af if my boyfriend hosed up one of mine instead of using literally anything else.

I will share panties and toothbrushes ans dicks with girlfriends but I will never share bras, especially sports bras.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Don’t a lot of guys just cosplay as a woman for the comedy factor? I’ve seen pics of some big hairy guy dressed up in a tube top and yellow jacket/hot shorts as some anime lady, and he looks like he’s having a grand old time.

This guy’s behavior/reasoning baffles me. Number one, his dog is unsecured/not leashed in a new area where there’s another dog it doesn’t know present. If the dog is growling at you, perhaps ask the owner to secure it rather than running for your car and yelling for your dog. Maybe not reward your dog for that sort of situation.

No, I think dude is in the right, gf’s dad is psycho.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They both sound pretty terrible. Urban border collie owners are only better than pitbull people by comparison.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Everybody in the story sounds like a bad dog owner. I mostly posted it for the ‘if anything they should give me $800! What if Pepper had bitten me?!’ bit, and he seemed incredibly obtuse in the comments

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
How difficult is it to ask the other dog owner if he's OK and how hard is it to introduce yourself to a new dog slowly? My friend has a shibe who knows me well enough but every time I'm dog sitting I need at least half an hour for him to get acclimatised again. This idiot got his self admitted murder dog to attack another animal and he should be banned from having any pet larger than a roach.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

Man Faye. There are far more pictures than those. He did it as a joke in the early '00s but the legend lives on.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Fatkraken posted:

Meh, it's coming from a Dr. Who fan. They're cancer on society's colon.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

LadyPictureShow posted:

Don’t a lot of guys just cosplay as a woman for the comedy factor?

Yup. Here's Sailor Bubba.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Bogus Adventure posted:

Meh, it's coming from a Dr. Who fan. They're cancer on society's colon.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I dunno if it would have cost that much, but dog bites do require anti-biotics if they getcha bad, their filthy little mouths drive bacteria straight to the bottom of a wound and then due to the nature of fang punctures, close over fast. Festering and abscesses galore! Or if they tear you open then yes, an emergency room visit can be required.

If he's only seen crazy pit bites then yeah he's probably scared as gently caress

The dad shoulda stopped smiling but the gf was dumb as gently caress for just being like TEE-HEE DAWG GO IN BACK YAWD RIGHT AWAY BC THAT WHAT DO WITH DAWG

gently caress no introduce the animals properly jesus christ, something like this was bound to happen

I don't blame the scared guy for sicing his dog on Pepper, when the other dog owner clearly doesn't take his dog seriously or appreciate how scary it can be

everyone here was dumb and should take it as a lesson. don't laugh when your off-leash dog is scaring the poo poo out of people then get angry when they freak out and defend themselves. and for the op, don't let your dog-hostile dog off-leash right away with the first meeting being this, take more goddamn control of the situation and enter leashed

Also is his loving dog named Baka like, from anime, jfc you don't get to judge other dog names

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 1, 2018

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Coohoolin posted:

How difficult is it to ask the other dog owner if he's OK and how hard is it to introduce yourself to a new dog slowly? My friend has a shibe who knows me well enough but every time I'm dog sitting I need at least half an hour for him to get acclimatised again. This idiot got his self admitted murder dog to attack another animal and he should be banned from having any pet larger than a roach.

...i grew up around pits loving kids up all the time, know how danherous shittily trained dogs can be so .....naturally I got myself one of those murder pits and thought training via YouTube would be fine???

Irrsponsible dog owners make me mad as hell. Like gently caress, I don't let my harmless little doggo approach any person or dog without express permission and assurance that saying hello is fine, and the worst she is capable of is high-fiving shins .

This guy is the reason if there's any off leash dogs around I pick her up and walk away because the babby pup and i have both been mauled more than once by an off leash dog that "is totally well trained and will stop if I call them".

Dude is an rear end in a top hat and I sincerely hope his gf makes him rehome his dog before he gets it put down by the council then breaks up with him.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

BAKAAAAAA!!!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Everyone involved in this story is awful

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I love it when people on the internet talk about dogs and dog training and pit bulls

Me [28F] with my husband[32 M] married 4 years. Signs I thought were abuse red flags, I'm starting to think are deteriorating mental health

quote:

u/TheProfessionalBird

My husband, Desmond, and I have been married for 4 years now. We have a 2 year old daughter together. Most of the time things have been great in that period, however there have been hiccups here and there. We only had one major fight before we got married (the rest were civilly heated discussions) and I passed it off to him being mind-blowingly drunk off of cheap liquor (which is not a normal thing for him). That said, we both remember that night completely differently. I remember it as him screaming in my face in a room full of people and I had a friend come pick me up, because I had been drinking too and couldn’t drive. He remembers it as me manipulating his friends into siding with me over…something…and he was calling me out on it. His best friend at the time, Patrick, texted me the day after to tell me he had no idea what was going on with Des and he supported that I stood up for myself and that Des was totally off base. We passed that event off to crazy drunkenness and got married about a year later with no incidents. poo poo happens. [what I thought was red flag 1]

That same friend has regularly called Des out on not listening to me during conversations. He will cut me off mid-sentence, or physically stand in front of me when talking to his friends as if what I have to say is not admissible. [what I thought was red flag 2] I will suggest an idea, or make a joke and Des will shut it down, but make the same statement seconds later, but it’s not just me, he does this with lots of people, and Patrick would check him on it. That said, it never seemed malicious..He just seemed like he genuinely didn’t register what was said, or misinterpreted what was said. However, this time last year Patrick definitely overstepped boundaries and Des and I cut him out. That resulted in the invalidation of every point Patrick ever brought up about these things, in Des’ mind, because it meant that he only said those things with the intention of looking good to me or making Des look bad to me. Des has been cheated on by all of his exes, and all were with friends of his. Before me, he had not dated anybody in 5 years because of this. He has periodically accused me of “wanting” to cheat, because he doesn’t do the “romantic poo poo” that people do. I, in turn, get defensive at these accusations and took it as projection, that it meant that he was cheating if he would accuse me of such things for no reason. [what I thought was red flag 3]

Since then, I can have ONE glass of wine and if I disagree with something he says it’s because I’m “drunk and irrational.” [another red flag?]

These behaviors always peak majorly at this time of year, to where it's almost unbearable (why I'm posting right now). My step-dad had Seasonal Affective Disorder so I’ve previously thought maybe Des struggles with that, although he has some level of anxiety throughout the year anyways. That said, Des also has a HUGE nostalgia problem. So I’m also inclined to believe that his sadness (and poor ability to handle that sadness which results in these explosions) is at this time of year is actually triggered by missing what the holiday season USED to mean for him and his family (used to have big celebrations, now the family is divided and does small random things).

What has driven me to post here, because I was actually biding my time thinking an abusive situation was slowly escalating, is because Des had a falling out with one of his friends earlier today. And he completely lost it over the situation. The conversation happened over Facebook so I could read the WHOLE conversation, start to finish. Des asked me for advice so I looked at it. Des posted a crappy hip hop video, commenting how much he hates that style of rap. Des has been posting these stupid mumble rap videos for weeks now; it’s a nearly unhealthy obsession with how lovely he finds this music. His friend, Caleb, told him to stop posting poo poo he hates, that it only gives publicity to it, and to promote positivity instead. That’s where Des told me Caleb “is attacking me on facebook.”

I’ve told Des not to show me these videos anymore because it just gets me worked up when he’s so angry about them…like he’s obsessed with how bad the music is for some reason, and I know when he shows me one of these videos I’m going to have to listen to him complain about it for the rest of the night. He won’t have a regular conversation or even be ok to sing a lullaby with me to our daughter when he’s in that state of mind.

I didn’t see what Caleb said as an attack. In fact, what I saw was how every argument that Des and I have ever had (which are not many, but always seem to be nearly the end of the world for him) has gone down. Caleb said, in more or less words, “just do you, stop worrying about everybody else.” Des got unreasonably PISSED and drastically escalated the conversation. But what I saw is exactly what Patrick explained happened between Des and me. Caleb would make a fairly neutral statement (“I don’t dig the music, but who are we to tell them what they can do as artists?”). Des took it as an attack (“I can post whatever I want, who made you a music teacher?”)…and it went on from there.

On top of that, something else that happened this week, we’ve been watching a Netflix show together for the past few months on the rare occasions we have free time together while the baby is asleep. It’s not kid-friendly. It’s been about 3 weeks since we last watched it and we were trying to figure out where we are; Des absolutely swears that we are almost a whole season ahead of where we are, that he KNOWS we watched it together. I don’t remember it. At all. Neither of our accounts show that we have watched those episodes, but he is determined that we have. And he is trying to make ME feel bad for making HIM feel crazy by telling him we haven’t seen these episodes. I truly have no recollection of seeing these episodes of the show. Netflix supports those thoughts because none of them have the red line indicating that they’ve been seen…on either account. [MORE RED FLAGS] Afterward, like all of these events through our history together, Des was sad. Embarrassed. Humiliated. He claims that he’s the “only person who has to take the high road” (I said, “no you aren’t”). He said, “why am I the only person that has to figure out other people?” (“you’re not”). He is the only person that “can't get away with forgetting poo poo”. That he remembers everything he's every done, for better or for worse. And these circular conversations continue until I get irritated at trying to answer on behalf of other people over and over that he picks a fight with me for not wanting to help, because I clearly don’t understand him either.

I’m truly starting to think that my husband is losing his mind, but I’m not sure how, or what this means.

I’ve tried, unsuccessfully, to get him to go to therapy before. After 4 years he went to a psychiatrist, who I told him wouldn’t do what he needed. Instead, Des was given a Prozac prescription after a 15 minute first meeting. Des tried to take it only when he was “feeling sad” despite what the instructions said. And he got EXTREMELY mad at me (holding my arms down mad – which I attribute to not taking medication properly, he’s never touched me angrily otherwise) when I told him he wasn’t taking his medication the way it was meant to be used...Since he quit taking it altogether nothing has escalated physically.

I’m just lost. I don’t know. I love this man. I see that he’s fighting some sort of demon. I just don’t know how to help.

TL;DR: What I initially thought were signs of abusive tendencies, I’m not starting to believe are signs of severe anxiety, depression, or something worse. I don’t know. I’m so confused.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
oh yeah he's dumb for insisting he has his dog under control when it knows like, 4 commands total

but in this instance the dog did do what it was purchased and trained to do and defend its owner

pitts love HARD and will absolutely gently caress up anyone or thing scaring their owner, which is why they have the rep of guard dogs

it's that instinct which causes them so much trouble, because if you don't train and contain it, play with them often, they turn it elsewhere and get violent

most people do not do that and so most people should not have pitts

OP should definitely not have a pitt

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

why do people think they're at all mutually exclusive

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

StrangersInTheNight posted:

oh yeah he's dumb for insisting he has his dog under control when it knows like, 4 commands total

but in this instance the dog did do what it was purchased and trained to do and defend its owner

pitts love HARD and will absolutely gently caress up anyone or thing scaring their owner, which is why they have the rep of guard dogs

it's that instinct which causes them so much trouble, because if you don't train and contain it, play with them often, they turn it elsewhere and get violent

most people do not do that and so most people should not have pitts

And border collies aren't so different cept they're intelligent hyperactive workaholics, they at least need a ton of room to run around in and regular stimulation, kept in suburbs by poo poo owners makes them go stir crazy

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

girl pants posted:

I love it when people on the internet talk about dogs and dog training and pit bulls

Me [28F] with my husband[32 M] married 4 years. Signs I thought were abuse red flags, I'm starting to think are deteriorating mental health

This husband is garbage amd she needs to get out. When I read "abuse red flags" I was expecting some Reddit/Tumblr poo poo, not actual red flags for abuse.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

girl pants posted:

I trained this loving menace to high five last week and now she runs around heil-ing at everything wanting pats and everyone thinks I'm an edgelordy rear end in a top hat

[img] https://imgur.com/a/uoP9V[/img]

Dogs are the worst.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I trained this loving menace to high five last week and now she runs around heil-ing at everything wanting pats and everyone thinks I'm an edgelordy rear end in a top hat

[timg] https://imgur.com/a/uoP9V[/timg]

Dogs are the worst.

It seems like every time this comes up it results in pages of "there are no bad dogs only bad owners" and "actually pit bulls are an aggressive menace who should be shot into space" and "hdu my pittie is a perfect angel who delivers babies with his mouth" with no resolution. Your dog is cute though.

I [28 M] asked my wife [22 M/F] to read a book on negotiation & she told me to read Twilight.

quote:

u/perfect_infinity

My wife and I have pretty constant disagreements about everything, married 2 years. Normal marriage stuff, you know.

Today it went from how I don't know how to pack a suitcase to 'we need to have a baby'. We decided to wait 2-3 years before having our first kid, she is super baby hungry and I don't feel like we should have kids quite yet based off our current circumstances.

Because we get in constant fights, I asked her to read this book called "Negotiation Genius", which I learned a ton from, including how to talk to people and get what you want and give the other person what they want. I've got a ways to go, but it helped me see a mutually beneficial solution to almost every relationship/conversation.

I think we need to learn how to communicate & get on the same page, and if we become better negotiators, we will be better parents & spouses for each other. She thinks this is 'ridiculous' that I think she should read a book about negotiation in order to be a parent.

She says we need to just learn from experience and you can't learn from books like you can from life. While I wholeheartedly agree experience is worlds better than books, I have learned so much from books and feel like I'm a better person because of them. I feel like it will help us both.

She thinks negotiation is all about salary and business, but she won't even give the book a chance. She refuses to read the book or even listen to me about how negotiation isn't just about salary.

She said asking her to read a book about negotiation is no different than her having me read Twilight. I told her "That's ridiculous." She said "My point exactly, that's how I feel about you wanting me to read about negotiation."

She was being serious. She actually thinks me asking her to read "Negotiation Genius" is no different than her asking me to read "Twilight".

Am I out of line here? Instead of negotiating we bicker, blame, argue, & fight. If we could negotiate and compromise we could learn to get on the same page and be better parents.

tl;dr: My wife refuses to read a book about negotiation (she hates to read unless it's on Facebook or Instagram) & says asking her read a book on negotiation is as ridiculous as asking me read the fantasy novel, Twilight. Am I out of line asking her to read a book that will help us grow closer?

Don't marry 22-year-olds, don't marry people that you have zero respect for, don't marry at all if you think constant fighting is normal marriage stuff

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

girl pants posted:

It seems like every time this comes up it results in pages of "there are no bad dogs only bad owners" and "actually pit bulls are an aggressive menace who should be shot into space" and "hdu my pittie is a perfect angel who delivers babies with his mouth" with no resolution. Your dog is cute though.

I [28 M] asked my wife [22 M/F] to read a book on negotiation & she told me to read Twilight.

Don't marry 22-year-olds, don't marry people that you have zero respect for, don't marry at all if you think constant fighting is normal marriage stuff

Why doesn't he negotiation-genius himself out of this one hmm :smug:

I was gonna say the negotiation-genius move here would be to take the deal, read Twilight with an open mind, and be really annoying about which "team" you're on, but she absolutely wouldn't read the negotiation book even if he did that so

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

loquacius posted:

Why doesn't he negotiation-genius himself out of this one hmm :smug:

I was gonna say the negotiation-genius move here would be to take the deal, read Twilight with an open mind, and be really annoying about which "team" you're on, but she absolutely wouldn't read the negotiation book even if he did that so

They aren't going to last either way so he might as well usher the relationship towards its end entertainingly, hopefully by yelling TEAM JACOB as the judge officially dissolves their marriage

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

girl pants posted:

Yeah my bad, I got mad about dogs on the internet and that never ends in good things.

I think we can all agree that dude sucks though and shouldn't even be allowed to own a harmless tiny Nazi pup. Or a hamster, really.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
yeah the pro move would be to withdraw the condition that she reads the negotiation book, so that she will get a worse deal in their inevitable divorce

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Yeah my bad, I got mad about dogs on the internet and that never ends in good things.

I think we can all agree that dude sucks though and shouldn't even be allowed to own a harmless tiny Nazi pup. Or a hamster, really.

Someone's drawn a swakista on a pet rock.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

Someone's drawn a swakista on a pet rock.

That was ironic and the pet rock community is a bunch of humorless triggered snowflakes who can't even sustain a normal, adult conversation on the extent of human biodiversity

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I don't trust pitbull guy's narrative at all. He says early on that dogs freak him out because he grew up around a lot of violent face eating murderdogs. I don't know what on earth possessed him to get one himself, but a self admittedly terrified of dogs person probably got barked at a bit and freaked out. Like an idiot.

I don't know why I'm getting this irritated by the idiot but I am.

gently caress it I'll get myself a big ole Irish wolfhound or Scottish deerhound and train it to sit on bad dog owners.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LadyPictureShow posted:

As someone who owns the friendliest, sweetest pitbull and has also spent who knows how many hours training her with a real dog trainer and keeping her leashed whenever she's out, this moron pisses me off. I'm extremely cautious whenever I bring my dog around a new situation with new people, dogs, anything... and this rear end in a top hat is proud of his dog fighting his girlfriend's border collie. He's lucky they didn't call the cops on his dumb loving rear end or sue the gently caress out of him in small claims court. gently caress. I hate idiot dog owners.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The border collie was also a lovely dog. The dad is lovely. The girlfriend is also dumb. Everyone in this story is loving awful.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

gently caress. I hate idiot dog owners.

God, didn’t you read it?! He watched YouTube videos! YouTube can teach you anything :v:

Don’t animal shelters/rescues even offer free or discounted training classes for dogs that aren’t rescues?

The latest tale of ‘but I loooooove him so much!’

Me [28/F] with my alcoholic partner [29/M] of one year, split up and I'm devastated.

quote:

We've been together a year and it's steadily been getting worse. Our relationship became all about me trying to get him to stop and him doing the exact opposite.

He was horrible when he was drunk. Angry and paranoid, always accused me of cheating, started random fights. Just yesterday he tried to fight his best friend because he was alone with me for 15 minutes. His friend phoned the police and completely cut ties with him. I knew he'd be devastated about it so I came home from work ready to be there for him. He was angry and awful instead, still accusing me of doing something with his friend. He left with most of his stuff after.

I know I'm better off without him. He ruined friendships and controlled my life with his alcoholism.

But I love him so much. So much. And I know he loved me the same. There's no chance of a reconciliation, he's blocked me on everything and refuses to speak.

It destroys me because he's made me out to be the bad guy when all I've done is try to help him. There's so much more to the story, but it doesn't matter as it's over. I hate leaving it like this. How do I move on? I've pretty much been isolated from friends so I have very little support, only from friends in my home country. I'm in bits even though I know it's for the best.

tl;dr: Split up with my alcoholic boyfriend, thought I'd be relieved, but I'm devastated

Lady, the one and only thing he loved was liquor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Excuse me, that man also loves destroying his friendships. Id say relationships to but frankly he sucks at it because she still wants him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LadyPictureShow posted:

The OP is right and all blame lies with the gf's dad.