Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Tallgeese posted:

you could only get if you spent 15 bucks on The Park.

I bought The Park for $2 from a reseller just for the TSW items and thought it was worth it.

You're really going to buy the collector's edition for the cosmetics, a piece of BIS gear is just gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

holy poo poo is A Time to Every Purpose (roman time travel stealth mission) garbage

flavorwise the concept behind it owns but it took me like an hour just because guards kept detecting me for no apparent reason. oh, the (poo poo) crafting part of the mission glitched out my first time too, so i had to do the whole thing over again

this is less of an issue but it's also kinda hilarious how the cutscene was like THE BLACK PHARAOH IS DEAD when... that totally hasn't happened yet

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

dmboogie posted:

holy poo poo is A Time to Every Purpose (roman time travel stealth mission) garbage

flavorwise the concept behind it owns but it took me like an hour just because guards kept detecting me for no apparent reason. oh, the (poo poo) crafting part of the mission glitched out my first time too, so i had to do the whole thing over again

this is less of an issue but it's also kinda hilarious how the cutscene was like THE BLACK PHARAOH IS DEAD when... that totally hasn't happened yet

This pisses me off so much. They put the Last train to Cairo content in the middle of the main quest for no real reason and it breaks the flow and adds this kind of jank. Prepare to fight Abdel again in the pyramid after you "killed" him on the train

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ah wow that sucks. The first Egypt zone was my favourite area in TSW even despite the garbage early sabotage mission in Last Train to Cairo. I was reminded of it while playing Assassins Creed Origins (which is the better Akhenaten simulator by far) and considered checking it out in SWL but it sounds like it's not worth putting up with all the rest I don't like about the relaunch for it.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

To be fair not much else got worse compared to TSW, specifically Tokyo dungeons aren't in game with half others missing from elite rotation for some reason. Everything else is overall improvement and there is even a bit of new content - Kaidan lair is in game already and S2 launches next week.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

dmboogie posted:

Yah, it's really the worst in the game. I can imagine people on the fence just totally giving up on the game at that point.

The guard agro was never fixed from TSW, and actually got worse in SWL. Then they added the crafting bug. When I did it, I tried reloading the whole thing but the crafting was still broken. I think I eventually got the crafting to work by collecting a completely new set of crafting components, separating them out of stacks in my inventory, then placing them in the crafting window 1 at a time. I don't know if dragging them into the crafting gui in a stack breaks all the items in the stack or what, but separating them seemed to do the trick. Of course, I may have just completely lucked out as well. Who knows.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sekenr posted:

This pisses me off so much. They put the Last train to Cairo content in the middle of the main quest for no real reason and it breaks the flow and adds this kind of jank. Prepare to fight Abdel again in the pyramid after you "killed" him on the train

Yeah, that annoyed me too. I'm not sure why they did it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Hypocrisy posted:

Yeah, that annoyed me too. I'm not sure why they did it.
Egypt was always the least popular zone, I guess they thought people wouldn't appreciate finishing City of the Sun God and then being sent back to Scorched Desert? I mean, originally you'd finish Transylvania, then go do Tyler Freeborn, Last Train and A Dream to Kill but that was when we were waiting eons for Tokyo - maybe they thought it would break the flow too much to do it that way now. :shrug:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kids these days don't know how good they have it after they patched in all the skip traveling through CotG options.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Len posted:

Kids these days don't know how good they have it after they patched in all the skip traveling through CotG options.

I remember the old ways. Gods, I remember... :shepicide:

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Len posted:

... having to swap out our gear for "travel gear" and /suicide our way around all the maps.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

So, uh... what the hell happened at the end of Egypt? I killed the Black Pharoh, and then an Orochi goon cold-clocked me so I went into the Space Antarctica zone for a while (this part at least I get), but when I come to the Illuminati's pissed enough that they would've assassinated me if Geary hadn't called it off?

I can't tell if I'm missing something or if I'm just being dense.

Also, I out-levelled the Egypt Hell dungeon before I got a chance to do it. How screwed am I?

edit: ...might as well ask this while I'm here, will I be behind the curve power-wise if I head to Transylvania without doing the chain of quests the stationmaster gives you for Egypt? I could really use a change of scenery.

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 2, 2018

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

dmboogie posted:

That's twice now that a brand new recruit has blown the Illuminati's chance to secure important artifacts and disappeared entirely from their radar all within a very short timespan in terms of the storyline. You scare the poo poo out of them, which is why KG wants to keep you around.

Even the Dragon handler gets a little nervous when their bee completely steps out of reality and then comes back.

If your gear's decent enough (blue heading into purple should be fine), you can solo Egypt's dungeons.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

dmboogie posted:

So, uh... what the hell happened at the end of Egypt? I killed the Black Pharoh, and then an Orochi goon cold-clocked me so I went into the Space Antarctica zone for a while (this part at least I get), but when I come to the Illuminati's pissed enough that they would've assassinated me if Geary hadn't called it off?

Also, I out-levelled the Egypt Hell dungeon before I got a chance to do it. How screwed am I?

edit: ...might as well ask this while I'm here, will I be behind the curve power-wise if I head to Transylvania without doing the chain of quests the stationmaster gives you for Egypt? I could really use a change of scenery.

Whenever you go see the dreamers, you kind of fall out of reality and nobody can reach you. Form the Illuminatis perspective it goes

1) Agent finds something
2) Agent disappears off the face of the earth
3) Item goes missing
4) Agent comes back, can't explain where they where

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

That's twice now that a brand new recruit has blown the Illuminati's chance to secure important artifacts and disappeared entirely from their radar all within a very short timespan in terms of the storyline. You scare the poo poo out of them, which is why KG wants to keep you around.

Exmond posted:

Whenever you go see the dreamers, you kind of fall out of reality and nobody can reach you. Form the Illuminatis perspective it goes

Ah, that makes sense, thank you! I legitimately forgot that my dude was supposed to be getting an artifact instead of "just" stopping the world from ending, so that was the piece I was missing.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
What efficacy would assassinating a bee-person have anyway? I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if the Lumis had worked out a way to trap bees before they reform.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

What efficacy would assassinating a bee-person have anyway? I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if the Lumis had worked out a way to trap bees before they reform.

You're told at one point that you could die but it takes way too much effort as someone would have to grind you up into dust before you reform.

Then later on in the story you learn a lot more about what really happens to "bad" bees who won't play along with the societies or get snatched by Orochi.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

dmboogie posted:

Not screwed at all. You can run it in story mode with a private group or even by yourself.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Space Skeleton posted:

You're told at one point that you could die but it takes way too much effort as someone would have to grind you up into dust before you reform.

Then later on in the story you learn a lot more about what really happens to "bad" bees who won't play along with the societies or get snatched by Orochi.

Plus there's a story about a bee who is trapped by organ harvesters.

I don't think I need to tell you what happens there.

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

Tallgeese posted:

There's also the suicide bee.
It just takes a loooooooooooooot of work.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

This one was pretty amazing for me because it displayed a kind of awareness on the part of the writers: we’ve made immortals exist in our world, let’s really take this idea/logic as far as it can go

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
hey friends

new content tomorrow

I hope you like it, I think it is very fun.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is it a permanent cosmetic Borat mankini?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
:v:

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017

theflyingorc posted:

hey friends

new content tomorrow

I hope you like it, I think it is very fun.

I'm pretty excited, Morninglight content has always been my favourite. If the tone and writting is even close to what it has been before then I'll be over the moon.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

The Mark 2 is very painful, you are triggering me a lot right now

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

The Mark 2 is very painful, you are triggering me a lot right now
Haha, I think it's going to be a real conversation starter when I'm tanking higher elites. :v:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This is the crazyest thing Ive seen in this game :D maybe if someone levelled one of those gray starter weapons...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is it a permanent cosmetic Borat mankini?

Is it giving the mankini back to those of us who already bought it once?

I'm still a little salty about that. This game loving had Eye Tits for lady characters but my guy having a mankini is too much?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Len posted:

Is it giving the mankini back to those of us who already bought it once?

I'm still a little salty about that. This game loving had Eye Tits for lady characters but my guy having a mankini is too much?

Sometimes, things that happen are the result of very specific people and other people are ALSO very upset about them

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

theflyingorc posted:

Sometimes, things that happen are the result of very specific people and other people are ALSO very upset about them

Look I just wanted to hypersexualize my horseman. Was that so much to ask?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You bastards finally make a pink zebra, and then you have the gall to make it cost 500 Third Age Fragments with no other way to get it. It's even Bind on Pickup so I can't bribe somebody!

Incredible how you ruin an expansion within 5 seconds of loading in.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Tallgeese posted:

You bastards finally make a pink zebra, and then you have the gall to make it cost 500 Third Age Fragments with no other way to get it. It's even Bind on Pickup so I can't bribe somebody!

Sup yawk, have you taken over the auction house yet?

Edit: For people actually playing, how grindy/hard is the new zone?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Tallgeese posted:

I will happily lord my Fruit Stripe zebra over you.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Exmond posted:

Edit: For people actually playing, how grindy/hard is the new zone?
Not at all really, aside from one achievement that I noticed.

I really enjoyed it, reminded me of City of Heroes in places, which is about the highest praise I can give. Also no showstopping bugs or server fires. :v:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pilchenstein posted:

Not at all really, aside from one achievement that I noticed.

I really enjoyed it, reminded me of City of Heroes in places, which is about the highest praise I can give. Also no showstopping bugs or server fires. :v:

In the interest of full disclosure, there IS a showstopper bug hitting a very small percentage of players. But I'd honestly estimate that less than 1% of people are seeing it.

Some people are losing weapons to hotbar swapping. But contact CS and we will fix the problem for you and we think we found the issue and should have it fixed soon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A fairly minor spoiler but something I'm pretty disappointed by in the new area...

Since communications are blocked we get no text for mission turn ins, at least in the first area. How am I to keep motivated without Richard Sonnec's lofty words?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

theflyingorc posted:

In the interest of full disclosure, there IS a showstopper bug hitting a very small percentage of players. But I'd honestly estimate that less than 1% of people are seeing it.

Some people are losing weapons to hotbar swapping. But contact CS and we will fix the problem for you and we think we found the issue and should have it fixed soon.
I take it all back, worst patch ever. :v:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Hypocrisy posted:

A fairly minor spoiler but something I'm pretty disappointed by in the new area...

Since communications are blocked we get no text for mission turn ins, at least in the first area. How am I to keep motivated without Richard Sonnec's lofty words?

you should MAYBE keep playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Don't forget this mod:

https://swl.curseforge.com/projects/doubleagent