Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Also worth pointing out that the Imp Zone FG squad dropped DBFZ faster than SFV. I've never been on such a roller coast of emotions with a game like that before

Its too hard and I hate fighting games in genral

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I really hope the DLC cast has more weird poo poo going on a la Hit, the saminess of the characters really brings it down

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
btw Injustice 2 is getting a GOTY edition that raises the level cap so look forward to Level 30 Donatello

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

btw Injustice 2 is getting a GOTY edition that raises the level cap so look forward to Level 30 Donatello

Oh gently caress...

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

In Training posted:

Also worth pointing out that the Imp Zone FG squad dropped DBFZ faster than SFV. I've never been on such a roller coast of emotions with a game like that before

What was the reason

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed my time with it but every character kinda plays the same way and I got bored it faster than other games. Maybe the dlc will mix things up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Shadow225 posted:

What was the reason

Characters play very similarly to each other so between that and the simple controls it gets repetitive.

Also neutral as traditionally understood barely exists.

Its not awful by any means but I can see how people got burnt out on it relatively quick.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lack of neutral put me off. Going back to tekken. Gonna try to play unist if i get a min to check discord for a match one of these days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I knew it wasn’t just me.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't hate it or think it's bad necessarily but the game just makes me mad when I lose which is a sign that I'm not enjoying it. The character balance being completely whack where you have to use at least one of 4 specific characters to do well doesn't help, either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played 30 matches of ST last night, now that's a fighting game. I'm gonna boot up some Tekken this weekend probably to get ready for Noctis

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can lose for hours in ST. Very win.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love getting into fireball battles with like Ryu vs Guile where if anybody drops a special input at all for 50 seconds straight they die

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Final round day 2 kicks off in 10 minutes. I'll be watching Tekken all day

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i know its limited as a 2d fighter but the things that complicate dbzf are annoying, there are all sorts of little exceptions for certain characters and moves that you just have to memorize, whereas in tekken it feels a lot more organic.

even w/ the 900 moves every character has in tekken you start to learn patterns and combos and how to consistently defend+punish, in dbzf you just have to know that guy does a grab on his 4th ground string and you have 1 frame to throw a punch and counter it, it's tedious lol. also yeah idk what they were thinking giving 16 2-frame grabs from across the screen and also a tackle that has priority over every other move in the game that can be chained into a 90% combo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the little puzzle pieces style of learning ST so that's not what I dislike about DBZF. Maybe it's that DBZF has that but it takes way too long to move from match to match and you spend way too long not being able to do anything if you mess up a little bit. Plus it's hard to tell what's going on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can lose a lot in ST because I like coming to the understanding about how to stop something specific, and there's a lot of opportunity per time spent as far as learning from mistakes, but in DBZF if you make a mistake the round isn't over but you do have to watch the other guy do poo poo to you for a really long time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though there's probably something else to it because I don't dislike how long DBZF takes the same way I dislike how long playing SF5 takes. But I don't know right now.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I can lose a lot in ST because I like coming to the understanding about how to stop something specific, and there's a lot of opportunity per time spent as far as learning from mistakes, but in DBZF if you make a mistake the round isn't over but you do have to watch the other guy do poo poo to you for a really long time.

Yeah I think this is what makes losing so infuriating in DBFZ. If you're down even one character the odds are so stacked against you that you're basically on borrowed time, and if it's a 3v1 situation you might as well just stop pressing buttons because without assists you have no pressure. I guess that's how team games have always worked but I had never played one before so it was all new to me. I don't like it, though, especially since the round timer is loving 5 minutes.

UNIEL has long combos and really long pressure strings but at least you have the capability to come back and win if you can hold out long enough to turn the tables, and pretty much all the characters feel really loving good to play and have badass normals.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just lost to geese/bison tag team for 2 straight hours in match of the millenium but now i am the winner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

UNIST is my favorite fighting game of all time probably.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are you playing on psn these days i want to learn

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

UNIST is my favorite fighting game of all time probably.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Based on the 15 minutes of Soul Calibur VI we saw today, I'm going to play it for 1000 hours

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the best thing about uniel is that no one plays it and it has terrible netcode. and everyone is a dingus in a hoodie

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

the best thing about uniel is that no one plays it and it has terrible netcode. and everyone is a dingus in a hoodie

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't even play gord anymore, this is pure slander

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Nobody plays it is a plus, and the netcode is. Well it sucks rear end I'm gonna be honest with you brother.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Atrocitus Level 30

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The Orville posted:

Atrocitus Level 30

im not ready for this

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Look, I know it’s unpopular here but the dbfz top 8mwas loving unreal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Look, I know it’s unpopular here but the dbfz top 8mwas loving unreal

it was quite awesome

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The gg finals were good too. Now for some Tekken

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always get in the mood for T7 whenever i watch one of these events...god these matches are already sick

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i have never understood anything about tekken and i tried playing T7 in an arcade last year and i lasted like 1 match against the AI

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/infiltration85/status/975715413978906624?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i have never understood anything about tekken and i tried playing T7 in an arcade last year and i lasted like 1 match against the AI

its probably got the highest skill ceiling of any contemporary FG but its also extremely easy to figure out simple poo poo after like an hour with a character. quite awesome

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I started playing DBFZ again and my stance on it has softened a bit but the online lobby system is still stupid and as I'm typing this I've been waiting almost 10 minutes to be matched with someone and only gotten one hit where the person instantly declined.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Kongming posted:

I started playing DBFZ again and my stance on it has softened a bit but the online lobby system is still stupid and as I'm typing this I've been waiting almost 10 minutes to be matched with someone and only gotten one hit where the person instantly declined.

Its insane that you have to manually accept a match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's every FG because you need to make sure they're not on WiFi before you accept