Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Zodiac Pete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Pick posted:

who sounds like he was a better dude than he is
What we know of guy A: bully, cheater, criminal.

What we know of guy B: sometimes allows his negative feelings to be seen.

Pick's verdict: Guy B is trash, Guy A is clearly a better person.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ah yes, you see it now dont you? It was I who convinced him to take up a ridiculously stupid and dangerous hobby, and I who was his most devoted fan pushing him to ever greater stunts, and yes, it was I who loosened the brick on the 8th floor window. How cruel now it must be to now know this whole time you have been dating the architect of your very misery.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
See, I didn't cheat. It was an emotional affair. I merely emotionally put my penis into her emotionally wet vagina.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

Ah yes, you see it now dont you? It was I who convinced him to take up a ridiculously stupid and dangerous hobby, and I who was his most devoted fan pushing him to ever greater stunts, and yes, it was I who loosened the brick on the 8th floor window. How cruel now it must be to now know this whole time you have been dating the architect of your very misery.

This is gonna come off super judgey but I'm trying to imagine being JUST SO SAD to hear that even someone I've been talking to regularly in the past few years had died in such a loving stupid way and I can't. I would judge even someone I liked for climbing up the wrong side of a building wall and falling off of it.

Like, even if it were one of my best friends I'd mostly be mad at them for throwing their life away on such a stupid caper (I think anyway, it's Easy For Me To Say etc)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well of course you dont understand, you werent having an ongoing secret relationship behind your partners back that culminates with your security blanket boyfriend not supporting you in your time of nees, the one stupid reason you keep him around.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

This is gonna come off super judgey but I'm trying to imagine being JUST SO SAD to hear that even someone I've been talking to regularly in the past few years had died in such a loving stupid way and I can't. I would judge even someone I liked for climbing up the wrong side of a building wall and falling off of it.

Like, even if it were one of my best friends I'd mostly be mad at them for throwing their life away on such a stupid caper (I think anyway, it's Easy For Me To Say etc)

you sound fun and interesting

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you sound fun and interesting

As opposed to the grown-rear end man who thinks the world is his jungle gym?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

there are plenty of things to climb and ways to climb them that won't literally kill you, sorry to harsh ur buzz

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Mrs. Bastard got irritated at me for laughing when I found out that helicopter crash was caused by a guy trying to get a selfie.

Apparently that's senseless and tragic, not funny.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Man, why would anyone cheat on a guy who thinks people that make fun of his height deserve to die? This Adonis who definitely isn't teeming with insecurities is something you have to nail down ASAP, sister.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
There's no need to 'just world' things up. He didn't deserve to die because he climbed stuff, even if it was potentially done very recklessly. You can be less sympathetic about the death of somebody who jumped across train tracks for a living compared to somebody who develops cancer and dies unexpectedly, but it doesn't have any bearing on whether it's good that they died.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeza posted:

There's no need to 'just world' things up. He didn't deserve to die because he climbed stuff, even if it was potentially done very recklessly. You can be less sympathetic about the death of somebody who jumped across train tracks for a living compared to somebody who develops cancer and dies unexpectedly, but it doesn't have any bearing on whether it's good that they died.

I don't think anybody is suggesting he deserved to die, are they? It's more along the lines of 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes.'

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Man, why would anyone cheat on a guy who thinks people that make fun of his height deserve to die? This Adonis who definitely isn't teeming with insecurities is something you have to nail down ASAP, sister.
The guy she cheated with wasn't very secure either, guess that's her type.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Theophany posted:

I don't think anybody is suggesting he deserved to die, are they? It's more along the lines of 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes.'

Feeling the need to trumpet that he was "asking for it" is exactly a statement that he deserved it, yes. there is an incredibly obvious tone of smug satisfaction to the idea that a guy who went out and engaged in risky hobbies got killed itt.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

All I'm saying is that if a guy I hadn't spoken to in 5 years, whose only interactions with me were to make fun of my height and try to make moves on my girlfriend, got himself killed failing to climb a building, I probably wouldn't be super sad either :shrug:

I'm not saying it's a good thing he died or whatever, I just wouldn't be able to muster any tears over it

I dunno maybe I'm the broken one here

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
itt goons conflate "I was ambivalent about the death of a guy I thought was a prick" with "I actively wished and cheered for his death because of my manlet insecurities".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nah I think youre in the clear. A dude who tried to bully me in school died in a motorcycle crash a few years later while on a cocktail of drugs and the only reaction I had was “Im glad nobody else died due to his recklessness”.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The non-broken thing to do when something doesn't affect you, but severely upsets your significant other is to lend a sympathetic ear and do your best to console them. If he actually didn't care at all, he would be more concerned with the girlfriend than he would be outlining all the reasons why the guy deserved to die.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

All I'm saying is that if a guy I hadn't spoken to in 5 years, whose only interactions with me were to make fun of my height and try to make moves on my girlfriend, got himself killed failing to climb a building, I probably wouldn't be super sad either :shrug:

I'm not saying it's a good thing he died or whatever, I just wouldn't be able to muster any tears over it

I dunno maybe I'm the broken one here

loquacius posted:

yeah you are in fact the broken one here. seek therapy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Barudak posted:

Nah I think youre in the clear. A dude who tried to bully me in school died in a motorcycle crash a few years later while on a cocktail of drugs and the only reaction I had was “Im glad nobody else died due to his recklessness”.

My dad died a little over 10 years ago and I didn't feel a single thing. My parents divorced when I was 18 months old because he was an extremely physically abusive alcoholic, so I had no memories of him at all (he never visited). Hearing about his death had less impact on me than hearing about David Bowie or Carrie Fisher dying. I received a bunch of his private journals and communications as part of his will, and I was amazed to discover that he was even worse of a person than I had been told by my mother! Like how he was an open Confederate sympathizer (despite being a Yankee who lived in Canada) and liked to go out gay bashing at bars.

Of course, after his death his family started showering me with attention because I was the long forgotten son that they hoped could be turned into a facsimile of him. It was a struggle to fake any kind of sadness about his demise around them, even at his burial.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I already have a therapist and I am not wasting billable hours telling him an Internet story tyvm

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fire your therapist and find a better one.

After coming home after a week, I found something in my (21f) bed that doesn’t belong to me

quote:

Hey everyone, using a throwaway because I don’t want this on my account.

I don’t know if I’m being crazy or overreacting about this. It’s such a small thing that it could be nothing.

Last week I stayed with my sister and I just got home Sunday night. I noticed before going to sleep that there was some dried semen on the sheet where my pillow usually is. I asked my boyfriend about it and he said that he must have gotten it on the bed during a solo session and not realized it. I told him that it’s fine and just changed the sheets before going to bed.

However the next day it really bothered me, because we are very open about masturbation, sex, etc. Therefore I know that he is very good at cleaning up after himself, however I also know that he enjoys messy sex. It’s happened a few times where he has pulled out to cum and it’s gotten on the bed next to where my head would go. But, again I brushed it off. Maybe because I wasn’t home he was just slightly messier.

This morning, I was washing the dirty sheets and while shaking them out a bobby pin fell out. I haven’t bought bobby pins, or worn any, in a good two years. I know my boyfriend doesn’t wear them. Tangled in the bobby pin is a curly blonde hair. I have dark brown hair. Even if my boyfriend did have one in for some reason, he has short black hair.

I’m not really sure if I’m over reacting. Maybe I’m just feeling anxiety or something. I have access to his phone whenever I want, we are very open about using each other’s phone whenever. Even this weekend he came to stay at my sisters and he had no problem letting me use his phone to do some stuff.

Am I just over reacting?

wotta stumper

quote:

quote:

quote:

We live in a town of about 400 people, I suppose it is possible though.

His sister and mom were over here however for a night while I was away. However I know our bedroom was locked because we stopped by over the weekend. His mom is dark haired but his sister is dirty blonde. However I’ve never seen her wear bobby pins either.
check out r/incest. maybe he likes his sister.
His sister is 8.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fire your therapist and find a better one.

I think it's probably more reasonable for you to find a safer hobby or at least devote less effort online to defending your current one

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

He's fine and you're being really weird about this.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I don't climb buildings or do any parkoury poo poo but creepos who start publicly masturbating online when someone dies make my skin crawl

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

My dad died a little over 10 years ago and I didn't feel a single thing. My parents divorced when I was 18 months old because he was an extremely physically abusive alcoholic, so I had no memories of him at all (he never visited). Hearing about his death had less impact on me than hearing about David Bowie or Carrie Fisher dying. I received a bunch of his private journals and communications as part of his will, and I was amazed to discover that he was even worse of a person than I had been told by my mother! Like how he was an open Confederate sympathizer (despite being a Yankee who lived in Canada) and liked to go out gay bashing at bars.

Of course, after his death his family started showering me with attention because I was the long forgotten son that they hoped could be turned into a facsimile of him. It was a struggle to fake any kind of sadness about his demise around them, even at his burial.

I dont know how your mom handled anything else in her life but this was clearly an excellent move. No need to feel sad when tangential assholes in your life die.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't climb buildings or do any parkoury poo poo but creepos who start publicly masturbating online when one dies make my skin crawl

I'll let you know if I see any

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

After coming home after a week, I found something in my (21f) bed that doesn’t belong to me

wotta stumper

Goddamn girl, unless you haven't changed your sheets in 2 years SOMETHING is up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's a little weird to me she hasn't put two and two together yet, really; finding A Hair That Is The Wrong Color is basically cultural shorthand for "your man cheatin" at this point

A little on the nose

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Barudak posted:

I dont know how your mom handled anything else in her life but this was clearly an excellent move. No need to feel sad when tangential assholes in your life die.

Other than that, I had a pretty normal childhood. My maternal grandparents helped raise me because we moved back in with them after the divorce, but they were very old when they had my mom (I think my grandpa was 50 years old when she was born) so they died when I was around 10. After that, it was being raised by a single mom. But she had a well-paying job so we never went hungry and I didn't really want for anything.

The only thing that's caused any kind of difficulty is that I was born in Canada, and my mom didn't know all the stuff that she had to do with paperwork and reporting my birth to get my dual citizenship (they were American citizens) taken care of after moving back to Florida. I'm turning 26 next month and still struggling with temporary IDs on a Canadian birth certificate because of all the paperwork issues with getting my citizenship finalized and my passport in the mail.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

loquacius posted:

It's a little weird to me she hasn't put two and two together yet, really; finding A Hair That Is The Wrong Color is basically cultural shorthand for "your man cheatin" at this point

A little on the nose

I think she has, shes just looking for reddit to reassure her to salt the earth on this dumb motherfucker.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The non-broken thing to do when something doesn't affect you, but severely upsets your significant other is to lend a sympathetic ear and do your best to console them. If he actually didn't care at all, he would be more concerned with the girlfriend than he would be outlining all the reasons why the guy deserved to die.
kinda hard to do that when she was cheating on him with captain slip grips

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Love the dude who just can't help suggesting incest, gently caress

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I don't climb buildings or do any parkoury poo poo but creepos who start publicly masturbating online when someone dies make my skin crawl

There is literally not one comment that this describes. They are the equivalent of "oh, he died? Welp."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m going to give a few points to that redditor who suggested that maybe she was in contact with him even before his death.

Way to bury the lede, man. Your gf is a necromancer.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Yawgmoth posted:

kinda hard to do that when she was cheating on him with captain slip grips

That only came to light after the fact, though. In the moment, he came home to an inconsolable girlfriend and thought that "bloke was askin' for it" would not only shut her up, but was worth doubling down on.

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The guy she cheated with wasn't very secure either, guess that's her type.

Nice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Theophany posted:

My dad [50sM] kicked me [17 F] out because he thought my tampon was a sex toy

Jfc.

Of course the loving reddit mods have already deleted this.

But she's still commenting, and hopefully we'll get an update in the next 12 hours.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Theophany posted:

My dad [50sM] kicked me [17 F] out because he thought my tampon was a sex toy

Jfc.

quote:

He said that he had gone into the guest room where I was staying and noticed something in the trash that had 'worried' him.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont care if her dad is a Garbage Man, he needs to learn to leave work at work