Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The non-broken thing to do when something doesn't affect you, but severely upsets your significant other is to lend a sympathetic ear and do your best to console them. If he actually didn't care at all, he would be more concerned with the girlfriend than he would be outlining all the reasons why the guy deserved to die.

I would usually agree with that, but going to your boyfriend because you are sad that the guy you were cheating on him with and had promised to cut contact with but didn't died is a really dumb move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That only came to light after the fact, though. In the moment, he came home to an inconsolable girlfriend and thought that "bloke was askin' for it" would not only shut her up, but was worth doubling down on.

No? He knew it was the guy she had an emotional affair with that died, so he's hardly an appropriate persons to seek sympathy from. All that came out later was it was even worse than he already knew.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My passion and hobby is trolling and if I die this way it sort of makes sense

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The non-broken thing to do when something doesn't affect you, but severely upsets your significant other is to lend a sympathetic ear and do your best to console them. If he actually didn't care at all, he would be more concerned with the girlfriend than he would be outlining all the reasons why the guy deserved to die.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Why would her dad look in the garbage let alone start digging around in it

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

to find her sex toys obviously

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

girl pants posted:

Why would her dad look in the garbage let alone start digging around in it

it was singing the song of his people

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
also why would he think that she wrapped up a sex toy in a tampon wrapper and shoved it in the trash

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Pick posted:

My passion and hobby is trolling and if I die this way it sort of makes sense

Lmao that you and that weird maskenfriet guy are basically the same poster

girl pants posted:

also why would he think that she wrapped up a sex toy in a tampon wrapper and shoved it in the trash

Disposable sex toy from wrapped edition of Cosmo

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
There's that kinda sweet / kinda weird commercial going around of the single dad teaching his daughter how to shave her legs by shaving his own, trying to relate to her however he can.

He's like the mirror universe Trash Tampon Dad

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
The father in that story would be an rear end even if he HAD somehow accidentally found a sex toy. I grew up in a household where it was pretty clear masturbation is a grave sin even for dudes and I still don’t understand it. That mindset can clearly mess people right the gently caress up.

OH NO YOU ARE A PERSON WITH SEXUAL URGES? GO AWAY AND NEVER RETURN.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

It almost seems like the dad (maybe at the urging of the stepmom) wanted her out of his life and just went with the first flimsy rationale he stumbled across.

But maybe he really is as dumb as the mom who thought tampons made her daughter a filthy harlot. That story had what is probably my favorite update itt. Daughter and friends hold a wedding for her and her tampon, post it to Instagram, mom sees it and gets all butthurt

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men in this thread are like Elon musk who complained of his wife being “emotionally manipulative” for grieving when their ten day old child died of SIDS lol

Whatever it was only 10 days old!! It couldn’t even do tricks yet!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Lmao that you and that weird maskenfriet guy are basically the same poster

That's not being fair to pick or maskenfreiheit

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm pretty sure at 10 days the warranty's still in effect, it's really on her if she didn't keep the receipt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elon Musk refuses to date the woman he actually wants to date so honestly hes a truly magical levels of interpersonal stupid.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Elon Musk refuses to date the woman he actually wants to date so honestly hes a truly magical levels of interpersonal stupid.

That’s doing a disservice to his many other flavors of stupid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I would daresay he is a renaissance dingus

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Epic Space FTW guy isn't dumb, he's just ambitious and totally amoral, which is the Ultimate Success Win formula

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

lol what's the story on this, I mostly tune out the celeb coverage poo poo about that guy

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He is dumb as hell and riding on a zeitgeist of society thinking engineer wranglers with bad social skills are all avatars of Steve jorbs and can spin old fax machines into wishes like a rumpelstiltskin made of Chinese factory labor

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Musk is a pretty textbook Authoritarian Leader / Social Dominator. His persona is crafted, not coincidence

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

Men in this thread are like Elon musk who complained of his wife being “emotionally manipulative” for grieving when their ten day old child died of SIDS lol

Whatever it was only 10 days old!! It couldn’t even do tricks yet!

I like how over the course of this discussion you have argued "so what it was just flirting, that's not an 'affair'" as well as "it's kind of like if her child died"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol what's the story on this, I mostly tune out the celeb coverage poo poo about that guy

He habitually dates/marries well educated brunettes who he forces to dye their hair blond and act dumber than they are.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

He habitually dates/marries well educated brunettes who he forces to dye their hair blond and act dumber than they are.

it's even better than I expected

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Barudak posted:

He is doing this the wrong way round

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Musk is a pretty textbook Authoritarian Leader / Social Dominator. His persona is crafted, not coincidence

Some management skills. His son is the only thing Elon ever produced with a quick turnaround

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Lmao if you waste much time at all worrying about whatever the gently caress that wierdo billionaire is doing

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Elon Musk is dissapointing because hed obviously be better served by buying german women in bulk for his harem but instead he makes his relationships difficult to start, stressful to maintain, and ultimately unsatisfying for everyone since your forcing one product to be another which when you think about it sort of sums up his car business.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Barudak posted:

Elon Musk is dissapointing because hed obviously be better served by buying german women in bulk for his harem but instead he makes his relationships difficult to start, stressful to maintain, and ultimately unsatisfying for everyone since your forcing one product to be another which when you think about it sort of sums up his car business.

"Are you ready to receive the charger?" Elon said seductively

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pick posted:

Some management skills. His son is the only thing Elon ever produced with a quick turnaround

:discourse: an excellent dead baby joke.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Least the Musk derail is on topic.

He generally older than these women too because that would just complete the circle of "older man only dating younger women they can control until they have to get a new model because the old one finally got sick of it"?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

This makes sense in a lot of situations but in the context of her affair and that she obviously had been still carrying a torch for him the bf should just dump her. He is forever gonna be her second choice and the death will only cement the ideal relationship she wanted but never got to experience the downsides of.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

Least the Musk derail is on topic.

He generally older than these women too because that would just complete the circle of "older man only dating younger women they can control until they have to get a new model because the old one finally got sick of it"?

Do you really even need to ask.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Yeah he probably should dump her because she was obviously still in contact with this guy. Her expecting him to care that his rival is dead is pretty absurd.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its gonna be really akward when during his breakup talk she doesnt pay attention to him because she got a new Ouija board

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
lil guy is doing parkour in heaven with Eric Clapton’s son

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (24M) played an April Fool's prank on my roomies which made my gf (23F) insecure.

I read a tweet that said something to the effect of "Pranks are just a socially acceptable outlet for psychopathy" and it is absolutely true.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
A guy I know proposed to his girlfriend on April Fool's day. She knew it was legit, the prank part was watching her trying to get people to believe that she wasn't pranking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

girl pants posted:

A guy I know proposed to his girlfriend on April Fool's day. She knew it was legit, the prank part was watching her trying to get people to believe that she wasn't pranking them.

genius level