Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Drew Brees apparently a bit of a dumbass

http://www.tmz.com/2018/04/03/drew-brees-8-million-diamond-ring-lawsuit/?__twitter_impression=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Drew Brees has yet to obtain an untainted ring.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Coldforge posted:

Sixth round pick swap with the Browns confirmed.

He'll retire the next day.

Another Browns player in the hall of fame :smug:

I unironically really wanted TO and Randy Moss to sign with the Browns at the end of their careers for this very reason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fsif posted:

God I forgot how torturous the time between free agency and the draft is. I wonder how many more mock drafts I'll read between and the end of the month.

Imagine doing it without a first round pick.

vvvvvv Real Sporting Tennessee United FC lookin good

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 3, 2018

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Drew Brees has "cash flow problems"????!!

Also lol at the idea of a diamond appreciating. They do the exact opposite.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It sucks fam

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

seiferguy posted:

Michael Bennett's book "Things that make White People Uncomfortable" came out today. I might pick it up if it's in the bookstore at the airport for my flight tonight!

Ah, good idea. My inflight WiFi sucks (...more than usual) and the IFE app doesn't work on my tablet, but I should be able to download an ebook.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Every bit as memorable and inspiring as the team that wears them.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

This was not as entertaining as I had hoped and seems like he has a legitimate claim.

Custom pieces often end up being less valuable than the initial price, such as most of Rick Ross's bling. But the discrepancy here is a lot.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Assertively bland

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Fixed to be more accurate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

What loving font is that

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

What loving font is that

"I really like what the Bucs did. Let's go with that, only more so!"

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

That makes more sense than the notification I received on my watch:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

That makes more sense than the notification I received on my watch:

:eyepop:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I don't hate it?

It is very bland.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Might look better with the navy helmets and actually seeing it on a player. I'm withholding judgment until I can see that tomorrow. I definitely do not like the shoulders, though.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Might look better with the navy helmets and actually seeing it on a player. I'm withholding judgment until I can see that tomorrow. I definitely do not like the shoulders, though.

Yeah, it's got a pop warner vibe to it...

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It sounds like the Rams(and other teams) have standing trade offers for OBJ on the table and the ball is in the Giants court on whether they accept and then what offer they accept. If they want to keep him, it sure is dumb that they aren't just saying they want him around.

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981250687492276224

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981251865663778816

https://twitter.com/DailyNewsVinny/status/981253771865899009

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Man, reading this chapter on the Seahawks locker room and all his brothers on the team has me all :smith:

At least this got a laugh out of me:

quote:

Russ is a good friend and good people, and kids are attracted to him like he’s covered in candy. My oldest daughter told me Russell Wilson was her favorite player. That was too much. I took her TV. I said, "Russell Wilson can buy you a new TV."

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

i think he means they are mutually exclusive but it seems insane to think they could trade of OBJ and give him a long term contract and pay for Aaron Donald, unless they’re willing to peace out a ton of talent.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I do not understand the shoulders why that design

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

I ask myself, would Al have cut Marquette King? And the answer I come to is inevitably no, he would not have cut Marquette King

I ask myself, would Al have traded Marcus Allen at the peak of his career? Trade a beloved coach who turned your team into a SB contender?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I think it's okay. I actually kind of like the shoulders, it's a bit different at least.

It goes wrong with the number though. That angular font is really freakin ugly and I don't get why that needed changing.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DariusLikewise posted:

There's another rumour that Gronk is going to get traded at the draft, take that as you will

Gronk, there are plenty of ways to party in New Orleans. We'll take you for a year or two to help Drew and his cash flow problems. But yeah, I always thought that jewelry (or is it just diamonds?) mainly went down in value and rarely up.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Play posted:

I think it's okay. I actually kind of like the shoulders, it's a bit different at least.

It goes wrong with the number though. That angular font is really freakin ugly and I don't get why that needed changing.

it’s like a weird hybrid of the Vikings number font and Tampa’s alarm clock font.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

Gronk, there are plenty of ways to party in New Orleans. We'll take you for a year or two to help Drew and his cash flow problems. But yeah, I always thought that jewelry (or is it just diamonds?) mainly went down in value and rarely up.

I think the rules are different for the stuff you buy at the mall and a ring that costs 8 million bucks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Elephanthead posted:

I think the rules are different for the stuff you buy at the mall and a ring that costs 8 million bucks.

Either way, I always thought that it had the same depreciation as a new car the minute you drive it off the lot.

Drew should've went to Jared.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981287566019309571

STOP TRADING WITH THE PATRIOTS

STOP TRADING WITH THE RAMS

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

No loving way lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981287566019309571

STOP TRADING WITH THE PATRIOTS

STOP TRADING WITH THE RAMS

I guess OBJ to LA ain't happenin'

lol Rams. 23rd overall for Brandon Cooks???

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I am definitely trading 23rd overall for a guy who has 3 straight 1000 yard seasons

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

I guess OBJ to LA ain't happenin'

lol Rams. 23rd overall for Brandon Cooks???

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981288024716738560
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981288231605080064

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Haha, that rules. Enjoy him Rams, he's a drat fun guy. I wonder who the Patriots are getting that they freed up space for?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/981287952155279360

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I am definitely trading 23rd overall for a guy who has 3 straight 1000 yard seasons

I'm sure there won't be a drop off at all going from Brees/Brady to Goff...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope they draft Allen

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They're probably gonna trade one of those picks for someone/future pick and draft a tackle, pass rusher and QB with the other three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Umm, that seems like a lot

• Locked thread