Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This new Arizona team, if completely healthy, is easily top 10 in the NFL.

Who knows how long they stay healthy for.

they dont have any wrs and there's zero trust in the defense.

maybe they are in the back of the top 10 but in the middle 10 is a better descriptor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

hifi posted:

they dont have any wrs and there's zero trust in the defense.

maybe they are in the back of the top 10 but in the middle 10 is a better descriptor

There's a pretty good chance ARI has the worst roster in the league.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah they pushed hard with Palmer and just never got there, it's kind of an awkward situation there right now.

But David Johnson is one of the best backs in football easily. Bradford can throw as accurately as the best of them if he's kept relatively clean in the pocket (not sure how they're gonna do that, the line is bad though). They could surprise people next season. Or they might fold horribly. whatever

Play fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 4, 2018

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

warcrimes posted:

A healthy ARI is not even close to the worst roster in the league. Bradford is really good and David Johnson is one of the best backs in football.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This might be hot-takey but ... is Cooks really that much of an upgrade over Watkins?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Benne posted:

This might be hot-takey but ... is Cooks really that much of an upgrade over Watkins?

Younger, healthier, cheaper?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

A healthy ARI is not even close to the worst roster in the league. Bradford is really good and David Johnson is one of the best backs in football.

Their O-line is :shrug:, their TEs are :shrug:, their WRs are Fitz and :shrug:, their DBs are Peterson, Baker and :shrug:, their DL is :shrug:, their LBs are okay. QB and RB are good when they're healthy, which is never.

They're not in a great spot.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Benne posted:

Cooks is a bit faster, a little bit shorter, but has been more productive in his career. Cooks is also not in some insane cult so there's that.

I don't think they were trying to upgrade over Watkins rather just replace him.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Benne posted:

A fairly significant one. He went a little under the radar last year because of New England's crowded wide receiver corp but he had a really productive year. And he's generally been much healthier than Watkins.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Coldforge posted:

Their O-line is :shrug:, their TEs are :shrug:, their WRs are Fitz and :shrug:, their DBs are Peterson, Baker and :shrug:, their DL is :shrug:, their LBs are okay. QB and RB are good when they're healthy, which is never.

Admittedly i don't know anything about wilks or how he'll turn out but even in the worst years of whiz they managed to win 5 games. The roster sucks but I think they will manage to punch above their weight

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I legitimately don't understand the optimism.

The Cards are dyin, cloud

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

Admittedly i don't know anything about wilks or how he'll turn out but even in the worst years of whiz they managed to win 5 games. The roster sucks but I think they will manage to punch above their weight

I agree that they will punch above their weight but their weight is so low that isn't saying much.

They managed to beat some decent teams last season and I think with Johnson they would've won at least a few more games. Bradford stays healthy I think they'll have an average season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They're going to lose two games to the rams, struggle against the niners, and maybe have a shot against the seahawks depending. Who else are the cards playing next year, do we know yet?

They're nowhere near the worst roster in a league that contains teams like the dolphins, the colts, arguably the jets, arguably the raiders... but they've got a lot of holes, like those other teams, and not enough draft picks to hope to fill them all.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

I legitimately don't understand the optimism.

The Cards are dyin, cloud

I don't even understand why they'd want to be optimistic. Cards fans, you should want a losing season so your team'll be in position to draft some talent and/or a potential franchise QB. Bradford is not the answer, any more than Gabbert was.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Coldforge posted:

I don't even understand why they'd want to be optimistic. Cards fans, you should want a losing season so your team'll be in position to draft some talent and/or a potential franchise QB. Bradford is not the answer, any more than Gabbert was.

Yeah it's not optimism, it's just the reality that we're not going to the playoffs and not getting in the top 3 in the draft, and this year's draft is going to look brutal if all of the qbs go in the first 5 picks like the rumors are (although this does happen every year)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Leperflesh posted:

They're going to lose two games to the rams, struggle against the niners, and maybe have a shot against the seahawks depending. Who else are the cards playing next year, do we know yet?

They're nowhere near the worst roster in a league that contains teams like the dolphins, the colts, arguably the jets, arguably the raiders... but they've got a lot of holes, like those other teams, and not enough draft picks to hope to fill them all.

Uhhhh... I heard somewhere that Jets + qb = playoffs?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Inspector 34 posted:

Uhhhh... I heard somewhere that Jets + qb = playoffs?

*As reported by a Jets fan after smoking spice.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Cards are in 8-8 purgatory like the Cowboys were.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Leperflesh posted:

seiferguy posted:

Cards are in 8-8 purgatory like the Cowboys were.

2018 HOME OPPONENTS
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

2018 AWAY OPPONENTS
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Los Angeles Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Atlanta Falcons
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

4-6 wins seems more likely than 8. Their away schedule is brutal (well, it is for the entire division).

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

4-6 wins seems more likely than 8. Their away schedule is brutal (well, it is for the entire division).

You're making sure to count @Seattle as one of those wins, though, right :v:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Cooks is a bit faster, a little bit shorter, but has been more productive in his career. Cooks is also not in some insane cult so there's that.

I don't think they were trying to upgrade over Watkins rather just replace him.

Plus Cooks has the benefit of familiarity working out with Goff in the past. He's already ahead of the curve Watkins never had.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/981992931409256449

Torgersen is your future, Cards fans.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Plus Cooks has the benefit of familiarity working out with Goff in the past. He's already ahead of the curve Watkins never had.

Yeah Watkins came in after the 2nd preseason game and looked lost all year. Cooks will be around for everything.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently the Seahawks scouted Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson wants to know why.

Oh my god

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cuz Russell has to start his minor league baseball career to prove he can do it all

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

Apparently the Seahawks scouted Josh Allen, and Russell Wilson wants to know why.

Oh my god

Ahahahahahahahahaha, I love this off season. So. Much.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/05/report-russell-wilsons-camp-interested-in-seahawks-interest-in-josh-allen/

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/982103657016573953

not gonna read the article it can’t possibly live up to the headline

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kazak_Hstan posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/982103657016573953

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT0epw9P7-o

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

I know David Johnson broke his wrist last year, but I thought he was normally healthy.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I know David Johnson broke his wrist last year, but I thought he was normally healthy.

he sprained his knee 2 years ago in the last game vs the rams but yeah, he played in 32 regular season games in his first 2 years

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

he sprained his knee 2 years ago in the last game vs the rams but yeah, he played in 32 regular season games in his first 2 years

And was ridden hard in those games as well

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Or the preview pic lmao

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I actually used to do that years ago, albeit not that fast, and I used a dart.

Also, the knives Donald worked with were rubber.

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Aaron-Donald-Explains-His-Workout-Knives/49dd813a-8966-4535-ba3a-387e4b825a8b

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
https://mobile.twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/984113368029106176?s=21

No!! He's lovely doo doo. He got one pick 6 and it was pure luck

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Was re-signing Maxwell too expensive? Ugh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hahahahahahaha

Dontae Johnson is terrible. Good luck.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/984149048654548992

Bad news for those hoping for a full season from David Johnson. As this headline shows, he's apparently suffering from severe CTE. Doubt he ever plays again :(

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

seiferguy posted:

Was re-signing Maxwell too expensive? Ugh.

Dontae blows but the real kicker was that basically showing that we won't be bringing back Maxwell.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

NFCWestcest

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/984168658892095488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/984458932067287040

If convicted of all three i believe they said it carries a 11 year sentence. Time to draft another linebacker

• Locked thread