Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

meteor9 posted:

Maybe I expected you to pay any amount attention to things before immediately dismissing the experiences of the sick poor because apparently helping us can't be done in any amount until the entirety of capitalism is overthrown and people stop buying things???

i'm not going to rake over the coals of this poo poo for hours but my initial post was simply a suggestion that inadequate health care was the problem and not the lack of UBI. You responded by calling me a "disingenuous hack". That's when i realized I should probably just start insulting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

There is a lot of labour that simply isn't being performed because the economic incentives aren't there. Disability support is an obvious example. Understaffed facilities, people living in deprivation. We could build economic structures to fix this. Perhaps UBI could be a part of those structures but it isn't a panacea.

maybe there would be more people to work these jobs if they weren't working 60 hours a week at the local maccas to afford their massively overpriced rental. who knows

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

maybe there would be more people to work these jobs if they weren't working 60 hours a week at the local maccas to afford their massively overpriced house. who knows

Could you perhaps just stop repeating the same assertion over and over and over again for like 20 posts in a row?

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
"all i did was ignore what you said and suggested something stupid and insulting as a true solution, why would that be infuriating"

"also why do you all keep repeating the answer to my dumb UBI questions just because i can't read or understand them"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Amethyst posted:

Could you perhaps just stop repeating the same assertion over and over and over again for like 20 posts in a row?

:ironicat:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Amethyst posted:

stones, glass houses, etc

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gridlocked posted:

What I for one cannot stand is these Scottish people coming to our country and taking our jobs.

Maybe if you lazy aussies got off your arse and took care of your own poo poo, you'd not need foreigners to do work you dicks are too lazy to do

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Gridlocked posted:

What I for one cannot stand is these Scottish people coming to our country and taking our jobs.

actually tithin is irish

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

meteor9 posted:

"all i did was ignore what you said and suggested something stupid and insulting as a true solution, why would that be infuriating"

I didn't ignore poo poo. If you thought I was wrong, fine. But don't act all pissy if I insult you back.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid that somehow never understood that other people don't automatically understand where you're coming from instead of just explaining things properly

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid whose uncle works for nintendo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SquigglyRick/status/981128064498253826

https://twitter.com/GreenJ/status/981065363919011840

https://twitter.com/ozkitsch/status/981126692902088704

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 5, 2018

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

amethyst is the kid that somehow never understood that other people don't automatically understand where you're coming from instead of just explaining things properly

Nah you just can't read.
Which happens to all of us from time to time. I admitted to misreading a post just now. you seem incapable of doing even that.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid who berates fellow 10 year olds for not knowing what an orgasm is, then conveniently is unable to define it when challenged

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

bell jar posted:

Remember the time you said I hated fat people

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid who always has a one-up story when you tell them something cool you did

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

tithin posted:

Remember the time you said I hated fat people

you do, you self loathing irish

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

amethyst is the kid who berates fellow 10 year olds for not knowing what an orgasm is, then conveniently is unable to define it when challenged

Sorry you didn't know what UBI is. I tried to help.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Don Dongington posted:

I wish someone would automate this loving thread
There's no way that an AI could be created or learn/evolve that could replicate Amethyst's level of poo poo posting.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

bell jar posted:

you do, you self loathing irish

I'm actually Welsh you racist

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

amethyst is the kid who always has a one-up story when you tell them something cool you did

This has descended into quite an elaborate fantasy.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Chris Kenny must be furious.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

tithin posted:

I'm actually Welsh you racist

tithin's fiery latino temper claims another victim

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid whos dad could beat up your dad

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

sweetroy posted:

actually tithin is irish
Could have sworn he was Welsh.

e: loving beaten by tits himself, motherfucker

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid who mocks kids who bring their own lunch while he's in the canteen line

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

amethyst is the kid who calls everyone a fag

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
stop replying to him

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

stop replying to him

Just let them finish, they'll feel better.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
spill spill spilll

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey/status/981764639603109893

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Wow so that Dutton hey.

My bet is that he fails, Turnbull survives by a handful of votes, Abbott loudly sulks.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Whitlam posted:

Wow so that Dutton hey.

My bet is that he fails, Turnbull survives by a handful of votes, Abbott loudly sulks.
Only Dutton can bring us the glorious Coalition government Australia deserves.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

hahahahaha

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

its literally always a federal offense to gently caress amethyst, who is permanently trapped in a slender childs body

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Whitlam posted:

Does anyone else get the feeling like the Potato King is trying to set up a leadership challenge? There was the farmers thing and something else within the last couple of days (I'm tired and can't remember but it got him decent media attention), and he's dumb and we're near Newspoll 30...

Just gonna quote this from the previous thread.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

/\/\ Well done

You guys are being really weird and mean here

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 5, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Holy poo poo this rules

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

again, why would parliament need to be sitting for a party to change leaders. does the government just not function/operate outside of sitting weeks? honestly the dumbest rebuttal in this page and amethyst has been kind enough to post here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

bell jar posted:

its literally always a federal offense to gently caress amethyst, who is permanently trapped in a slender childs body

• Locked thread