Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Eh, on the second read of the post I threw you a bone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curious
Mar 14, 2007

"Hey, I got one of my paperwork guys complaining about DEMON PILES."

Jon Irenicus posted:

My [25 M] girlfriend [25 F] gets philosophical and talks a lot after sex. Does this happen to other people and how do I gently tell her I enjoy a few minutes of silent cuddling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3VGtfHpECs

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

andrew smash posted:

Eh, on the second read of the post I threw you a bone

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I had typos in my pm to youMillow (no dat here,), phones work better than psychedlics
Please don't feel like no one cares. Safe travels.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My close friend (34f) froze me out (31f) when I told her her husband assaulted with me. She caught him cheating and she wants my forgiveness

quote:

About a year ago, I was at a party. My very close friend, Carla, and her husband, Jake, were also there. Carla and I drank too much so Jake drove us home. Carla fell asleep in the car. When we got to my apartment, Jake walked me to my door, but then he tried to kiss me and pushed his way into my home. Inside, he assaulted me. He clearly thought I was black out drunk because he said several times that it was a very good thing I wouldn't remember any of it the next day.

The next day I remembered everything. I immediately called Carla but Jake answered and pretended like nothing had happened. I didn't want him to warn Carla, so I played along. I think he figured it out though. I wasn't able to talk to Carla until I went to her home uninvited when I knew Jake wou be at work. I told Carla everything. She told me that I didn't need to spin lies, she knew that I had dragged Jake into my apartment. She called me a bad friend and a bunch of other names. Eventually, I just said "You're going to regret this" and left. She took that as a threat and started telling all our friends that I had tried to seduce her husband while she slept and then made threats against her life. Most people didn't believe her but enough did. The past year has been rough.

About a month and a half ago, Carla walked in on Jake having sex with her sister. In the fall out, Jake admitted to lying about what happened with me. Carla has been calling me and sending messages through our friends begging me to forgive her so we can go back to how we were.

I want to forgive her. I do. But she didn't just destroy my relationship with her. She tried to destroy my relationship with everyone we both know. She said unforgivable things about me. She never for a second entertained my side. I get that it was her husband. I get it. But I don't know if I can forgive it. Does that make me a bad person?

My therapist says he gets it and doesn't want to push me in any direction. He says it is my choice if I want to focus my energy on rebuilding my friendship with Carla and he'll help me if I want that. But if I don't, he'll help me move on. I think often about the amazing times Carla and I had together, but it feels like there is this darkness eating away at those fond memories. I hate that she's hurting right now, but I think I hate it more that she didn't hate that when I was hurting. Am I selfish? What would you do in my shoes?

Tl;Dr: My friends husband assaulted me. My friend didn't believe me and spread false rumors about me. Now she knows I was honest, but I don't know if I can forgive her. What do?

I honestly cannot imagine being the type of person who actively considers the pros and cons of welcoming such dumb drama back into my life after removing it, to the point of having to consult the Internet about it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Then again, maybe I'm an rear end in a top hat for backing the dude up on this. But only because I can relate, having endured the heartache of owning old, unreliable and expensive-to-fix cars.

I [24M] am contemplating my relationship with my chronically ill girlfriend [23F]

quote:

I just really need someone objective to talk this over with. My girlfriend and I have been dating for 4 months now and I really, truly do love her. However, in this span of time she's been in and out of the hospital many, many times due to complications arising from a genetic condition she has. I thought that I was strong enough to stay by her side and support her through anything but the multiple health scares have really made me begin to doubt my ability to handle it. Literally the only issue I have with our relationship is how often she's ill and how often I deal with the emotional stress of seeing her in pain. She is an amazing person and I think about how lucky I am to be with her everyday, I just wish that I was strong enough to be the unshakeable rock she needs me to be. Even just thinking about ending it with her makes me feel like a complete garbage person. She deserves someone way better than me but she thinks that I'm the only one for her. I don't know what I'm really trying to ask or what I'll even get out of posting here... Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: My girlfriend is sick all the time, idk if I can handle it and I feel like an rear end in a top hat for even thinking of breaking it off with her.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Theophany posted:

My close friend (34f) froze me out (31f) when I told her her husband assaulted with me. She caught him cheating and she wants my forgiveness

I honestly cannot imagine being the type of person who actively considers the pros and cons of welcoming such dumb drama back into my life after removing it, to the point of having to consult the Internet about it.

By "assault", I'm going to assume she meant "attempted or actual rape".

If your friend doesn't believe you over that and does everything they can to hurt you even more, then they are never worth your time ever again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gorilla Salad posted:

By "assault", I'm going to assume she meant "attempted or actual rape".

If your friend doesn't believe you over that and does everything they can to hurt you even more, then they are never worth your time ever again.

The 'good thing you won't remember this' line is grounds for murder alone. I don't understand how the 'friend' can be in a serious relationship with that kind of deep-seated psychopathy and not pick up on it even a little.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Endorph posted:

a modern guess who's coming to dinner, only the girlfriend and the dad are the same person

It doesn't make much difference to the OP's situation of course, but I'm curious whether this is one of those instances where "TERF" means "any transphobic woman" or whether it's the actual classical definition meaning "die-hard second-wave SCUMM manifesto person who thinks trans women are a sinister infiltration of femininity by the insidious male gender"

mostly because I'm interested to know whether any of the latter still exist in 2018 outside of the Internet

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Theophany posted:

Carla can go to Hell.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Theophany posted:

I think getting redemption by being believed and being able to forgive may help with her moving past the ptsd of being sexually assaulted, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into being friends again. But I don’t think it’s a terrible thing to consider.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

hanales posted:

I think getting redemption by being believed and being able to forgive may help with her moving past the ptsd of being sexually assaulted, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into being friends again. But I don’t think it’s a terrible thing to consider.

She wouldn't have needed redemption if her 'friend' wasn't a tremendously stupid and vicious little oval office. :shrug:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
At least she can get Carla to apologise to all the friends she lied to. Wouldn't even consider any rapprochement until that happens.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Suing her mom, whose house she lives in, isn't gonna be a trivial drain on her resources no matter what

Sometimes you have to destroy the village to save it.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

Sometimes you have to destroy the village to save it.

Settle down, Arthas

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I am p. sure Caganer has been in a relationship where the woman abused him/her and didn't get believed bc that's the only reason I can imagine this level of 'sometimes it's the woman who is the abuser, guys!' for every dang post.

It's absolutely true women can be abusers and are often discounted as such or let off the hook for being women, but there's some tilting at windmills in that one IMO

I don't care if Caganer went ten rounds with Ike Turner, that doesn't make his stance that emotional cheating doesn't exist and that it's abusive for one person to not want their partner to have other intimate relationships true.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Jeza posted:

At least she can get Carla to apologise to all the friends she lied to. Wouldn't even consider any rapprochement until that happens.
gently caress that noise. The woman said "the past year has been rough", so she has had to endure several months of untold grief and exclusion from their shared circle of friends thinking that she is a homewrecker.

Other than the woman clearly being a nice person by even entertaining the idea of reconciliation, I honestly don't know what she would get out of a friendship where you know your friend doesn't trust you, even over something as serious as "assault"

EDIT: Reading the Reddit thread, she said she had to move because she felt unsafe. gently caress Carla.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 5, 2018

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I mean, I probably wouldn't forgive them, but she can certainly get a lot of mileage by making Carla fess up to all her old friends about what really happened. But I do think it's funny that this thread gets angry over people who don't believe their SO's at face value and with zero evidence, yet when that happens as in this case, people are mad at this woman for believing her SO over her friend.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Jeza posted:

I mean, I probably wouldn't forgive them, but she can certainly get a lot of mileage by making Carla fess up to all her old friends about what really happened. But I do think it's funny that this thread gets angry over people who don't believe their SO's at face value and with zero evidence, yet when that happens as in this case, people are mad at this woman for believing her SO over her friend.

life is not a perfect information game, and as such, sometimes you make the wrong choice for an understandable reason, and your understandable reason doesn't change the wrongness of your choice, and then poo poo breaks, irrevocably

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

life is not a perfect information game, and as such, sometimes you make the wrong choice for an understandable reason, and your understandable reason doesn't change the wrongness of your choice, and then poo poo breaks, irrevocably

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Jeza posted:

But I do think it's funny that this thread gets angry over people who don't believe their SO's at face value and with zero evidence, yet when that happens as in this case, people are mad at this woman for believing her SO over her friend.

There's a slight difference when it comes to sexual assault and rape.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

amen

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Bored posted:

These people are exhausting. I hope they stay together so that nobody else has to deal with their dramatic asses.

(My roommate is like this.)
Edit:
I owe Blade Runner another clue to track down my hot roommate.

She takes a lot if selfies. She is making duckface in many of these selfies.

Does she, to your knowledge, have a serial number on the lower right area of her eye

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I'm biased against people who are wrong.

Gorilla Salad posted:

There's a slight difference when it comes to sexual assault and rape.

Isn't that exactly what he accused her of doing here? That she "dragged him" inside her apartment?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
When a woman says a man raped her and the guy retorts, nah, she dragged me inside and assaulted me, there's really only one party you should believe.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Yes

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

When a woman says a man raped her and the guy retorts, nah, she dragged me inside and assaulted me, there's really only one party you should believe.

Maybe he's a five foot man-weasel hybrid and she's the the women's national power-lifting champion of Estonia?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

If it's been a relatively short while (less than a year) she could probably go to the cops still.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

Then again, maybe I'm an rear end in a top hat for backing the dude up on this. But only because I can relate, having endured the heartache of owning old, unreliable and expensive-to-fix cars.

I [24M] am contemplating my relationship with my chronically ill girlfriend [23F]

I knew a friend of a friend who died very young. She found out she had cancer in HS so the BF stayed with her thinking she had 6mo or so and wanted to be nice. She went into remission, went off to college (not in the same state as him), they broke up, cancer came back, she died.

Apparently this made him a really bad person in a lot of her high school friend's minds? :shrug:

(I guess their logic was he "broke her heart" by giving her a reason to live then leaving? I dunno, I kept my mouth shut at the funeral and stuffed my face with edible arrangements rather than chime in)

Anyways, OP is super young and it's valid to be like "this is not someone I was planning on marrying and all this health poo poo is the icing on the cake". (Though maybe don't tell your girlfriend her broken body is the reason you're leaving, or she'll forever whine about you on internet forums)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jeza posted:

Hot take: This scenario has no easy solution, but Carla's husband should get rekt.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jeza posted:

Yeah I had that same thought lol. More than once we've seen "I told my SO Crazy Thing happened with no evidence and they didn't believe me!!!!" and every time the whole thread basically declares SO to be Hitler.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

That was my first thought. I mean, unless that woman is a loving female bodybuilder or something, at the very least your husband just cheated on you, even according to his lovely excuse for a story. At the most he's a rapist. Either way, he should have been gone.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the villain and liar in that story is the husband. he is a loving monster and in addition to raping his wife's friend he destroyed their friendship by using his wife's desire to believe she had not married a monster. the two women's relationship might not be fixable, but not because they did something wrong. the wife was presented with a horrible choice and if the husband had kept that part of himself hidden from her successfully I don't think it's fair to expect her to automatically side against her spouse in that situation

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

the villain and liar in that story is the husband. he is a loving monster and in addition to raping his wife's friend he destroyed their friendship by using his wife's desire to believe she had not married a monster. the two women's relationship might not be fixable, but not because they did something wrong. the wife was presented with a horrible choice and if the husband had kept that part of himself hidden from her successfully I don't think it's fair to expect her to automatically side against her spouse in that situation

Sorry, but I don't buy it. You're either wilfully ignorant or genuinely stupid if you buy your boyfriend's 'but the drunk girl overpowered me' bullshit. Like, he didn't even flatly deny it or say it was a fabrication, he made up some bullshit story about a drunk girl dragging him into her apartment.

Both Carla and fuckboy are garbage humans who should die in a goddamn fire. No excuses.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Internet Law Tribunal has decreed that you must, regardless of evidence presented, believe your SO in all circumstances involving SO/friend disputes. EXCEPTION: If the SO is the one lying, then you should not believe them.

So say we all.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Uhh, aren't you supposed to use the gavel or something to make it official?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theophany posted:

Its not hammer time yet, be patient.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Theophany posted:

I firmly pressed the document with an ink stamp reading "#killallmen".

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
e: snip, I'm tired and conflated 3 posts lol

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 5, 2018

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Theophany posted:

Sorry, but I don't buy it. You're either wilfully ignorant or genuinely stupid if you buy your boyfriend's 'but the drunk girl overpowered me' bullshit. Like, he didn't even flatly deny it or say it was a fabrication, he made up some bullshit story about a drunk girl dragging him into her apartment.

The story Carla believed was that the OP tried and failed to seduce the husband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Extract a public apology from Carla, then ghost and block her rear end much more thoroughly this time around.